Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Krista
      Duchess

Hi Everyone,

I just don’t know how the women in my community wear mascara when the temperatures dip as low as they do here.  This morning, when I was taking Sandy for a walk, the temperature was minus 28 C (with an icy wind out of the Arctic making it feel like minus 33 C – that’s minus 27 F).  My eyelashes kept trying to freeze shut.

But I’m back in the house now wearing a lovely ladies winter sweater over my perfectly fitting bra, my black leggings and my Dalmatian slippers.  Just finished a piping hot cup of earl grey tea and a cinnamon banana muffin with cream cheese frosting, yum.  Hate rubbing it in to all your gals that have to work.  Retirement is wonderful.  Rats, I just checked the forecast for tomorrow; minus 39 C in the afternoon (and that’s pretty much the same in Fahrenheit). I’ll be wearing my ugly Christmas sweater out to a lunch  meeting (it is a women’s sweater and no one seems to care).

Have a lovely rest of the week, Hugs to you all, Krista.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Krista!

Well, here in Ontario it’s 10 Celsius and will get to 14 tomorrow! I’ll trade ya cause I want to go skiing! WHAH!!!!  🙁

My son just flew in from Edmonton. He says, “Sure is cold back home!”.

But thanks for the warning. I’ve never worn mascara in the bitter cold yet, but I will certainly wear some when (and if) I ever get to ski again!

Many Happy Warm Hugs!

Barb 🙂

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Barb, Our local ski hill is definitely up and running.  Lots of snow here.

So from my community, it is about a five hour drive south to Edmonton.  We go there to warm up. LOL.

Thanks for the warm hugs, much needed.

Back at you, Krista.

Anonymous

Gosh Krista it’s dipping to 4 degrees C here and we all dress like Eskimos, shame on us.

Lol Amanda xx

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Amanda, 4 C with high humidity and a breeze can be quite chilly.  I used to live in Toronto Canada in the 1980s and it didn’t get very cold in the winter but it had something we called “slush” a kind of ice, snow and water mix partially frozen and very wet and just chilled you to the bone when you walked through it.   Kind of resembles the flavoured “slushies” they sell in convenience stores nowadays.  I’ll take my -20 and real snow over “slush” any day. So stay bundled up. It is all what you get used to.  Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista, that just about sums up our winter snow “slush”

Lol Amanda xx

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Much too cold for me.

Hugs, Liara

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Liara,

Seeing that you are from Nevada, I can understand it being too cold for you.  I was in Las Vegas once for Christmas and I went to the swimming pool at my hotel (Planet Hollywood).  I was the only one at the pool.  The lifeguard came up to me and said “You must be from Canada”.  It is all what you get used to. Hugs, Krista.

Liara Wolfe
          Duchess

Yes, I am just a simple desert girl.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Will keep my mid 70’s here in Texas thank you Could settle on this temp all winter long.

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Donna, I agree with you, 70s (especially mid to low) is a very nice temperature. It is sandals, short shorts & skimpy tank top weather for me. I couldn’t bear to wear anything more than that.  Actually temperatures in the 50s are better for me.  It gives more options for clothing, but that’s just me. All the best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

I agree Krista there cold use to not bother me as bad since really was born and raised up North Indiana was use to cold temps and snow and ice. Then being down south for long time thinned the blood and everything below 60’s is cold enough for me. At least the winters in TX don’t last to long for colder temps.  Last year during the freeze we had that was just a freak of nature.  for the area live in. thanks Krista and wishing you the best also.

Hugs Donna

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh Krista, that is just brutal, even for your part of the country.  Definitely 2 sweater weather, with 2 camisoles underneath!  I almost feel bad sitting here in 10°C weather….. almost 😉. (Okay it is unusually warm).  Keep your walks short and very brisk hon!

Stevie

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Stevie, And yes it is getting colder.  right now, minus 36 C wind chill.  And it is going down into the minus 40s tonight. Just got home from walking Sandy and she told me, “just a short walk this afternoon.”  I’m not sure if she calls me Mom or Dad – maybe just Best Friend.  So we just went around a big block, ended up at the Canada Post community mail box, and then back home.   Time for a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Sandy is sound asleep on my bed already.  Have a lovely weekend Stevie, Hugs, Krista.

Hi Krista,

In winter and late fall when the icy/sleety weather hits Vermont the eyelashes will freeze here  too.  As Stevie says it’s a two sweater kind of day.

Alice

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Alice, it is kind of a weird experience feeling your eyelashes freeze.

And since I posted this topic a couple of days ago, it has gotten colder.  Right now it is minus 39 (at this temperature it is pretty similar between Celsius and Fahrenheit).  By tomorrow morning before sunrise it will definitely be down in the minus forties (that’s when Fahrenheit gets to be a bigger number than Celsius).  My furnace is pretty much warming the house continually.  Going drab or en femme is irrelevant at this temperature; everyone walking outside looks like the Michelin tire man with many layers under snow suits/Canada goose parkas. I will have to bring the really warm winter coat out of storage for tomorrow morning’s walk.

Stay warm in Vermont, Have a lovely weekend, Krista.

Hi Krista,

The super cold temperatures must be terrible on your pup’s paws when out for a short walk.  At 39 below that is frigid!  No wonder everyone looks like the Michelin man, all bundled up.

Alice

Krista
            Duchess

Hi Alice, Yes you are correct.  My pup Sandy wears a bright pink felt jacket under her harness and that helps a bit. As for her paws, since she is mostly husky she does have a bit of natural protection but our walks are definitely a lot shorter on those really cold days.  And notwithstanding the temperature, she tells me twice a day when it is time to go for a walk. And carrying home a stick has become her job.  Her sticks are starting to pile up in our backyard. She is definitely cute when carrying home a large stick.  Take care, Hugs, Krista.

Krista, oh my, you have brutal cold already and there is a lot of winter ahead. Here in Minnesota we are on the roller coaster. Three days ago we had 9″ to 14″ of snow and 9°F. Currently it is 61°F and they just issued a severe thunderstorm warning with 70mph winds.

On Sunday you couldn’t go out for fear of getting lost in a snowdrift, today you can’t go out for fear of being blown into the next county.

My mascara wouldn’t hold up in these extremes!

Beth

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Beth, I see how your weather patterns change.  I subscribe to Save-A-Fox YouTube videos and watch it everyday so I’ve seen your snow, snowmelt, and high winds.  I don’t know if you’ve heard about Save-A-Fox rescue located in Minnesota?  But they are just wonderful people there.  And the videos are so heart warming and inspirational. One of the foxes, named Mouse because of her small size, died from an undetected disease a few months ago, I cried my eyes out.  Talk about mascara running!!!!

Update:  this morning I took Sandy for a walk, it is minus 41 C (-42 F).  I finally had to bring out my winter parka from storage.  Brrrr.  Stay warm, Have a lovely weekend, Hugs Krista.

Save-A-Fox is just a half hour drive from me. I have a freind that volunteers there. He once held his birthday party there and we all toured the facility, met all the animals (they have many other rescue animals also) and had a fun and fascinating day. Many of the rescued animals are permanent residents as their health (inbreeding defects) and over familiarity with humans makes it impossible to release them into the wild.

A wonderful place with dedicated people caring for lovely animals.

Beth

Krista
            Duchess

You are so lucky Beth.  Once this Covid thing has gone away (well as much as possible anyway), I’d love a trip to Minnesota to see Save-a-Fox.  My favourite non-fox rescue is Dakota the Coyote. They’ve stopped showing videos about him because a neighbour has threatened to shoot him.  Have a very Merry Christmas and all the Very Best for 2022.  Hugs, Krista.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Krista ,

That’s brutal !
      I can remember temperatures of minus 20 Celsius way back in the Eighties
      here in Europe.
      The petrol of some of the cars was frozen in the morning !
      But I think the Nature in Canada is beautiful , you are lucky to live
      in such a beautiful country.

Love Sylvia.

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Sylvia, Thanks so much.  I do think I am lucky to live in Canada, especially north-west Canada. It is a very large country and each region has its own special charm.  This minus 40 temperature we are currently having will pass.  The forecast calls for a bit of warming up next week (with more snowfall) but as we get closer to Christmas we are supposed to have another cold spell down in the minus 30s.

It will be nice to get out of the parka and into my bright red ladies puffer jacket again.  And out of the heavy minus 50 snow boots and into my much lighter femme snow boots.  Much more girlish.

I’m currently wearing some facial moisturizer made from hemp. It seems to be doing a good job against the cold. Who’d have thought?

Hope you are doing well in the Netherlands. My ex-wife lives in The Hague.  All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Sylvia
          Lady

Dear Krista ,

Thank you , I’m doing great !
          It’s about 7 degrees Celsius here , so not too cold.
          I live in Maastricht about 230 KM south from the Hague
          near the German and Belgian border.

Take care ,
          Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

Well you keep all that to yourself please Krista, it was 17 c here in the sunny Niagara’s , mind you we’re dropping down this week just below the freezing so maybe a little snow for Christmas, then it can go away, enough of that stuff.

Poor premier Doug just pulled the plug on Christmas, only 1o people in your home, here we go again. This omicron is going through here like wild fire. By the new year we’ll be locked down tight again so stay there in your -40, your much safer.

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and all the best for the new year. I hope Santa brings you a dozen cords of firewood, it sounds like your going to need it.

Take care, Heather.

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Heather, well I just walked Sandy, and it has warmed up a lot here.  Only minus 20, mind you, after 45 minutes outside it does start to feel cold on my tender tootsies, needed to wear my heavier boots instead of my girly boots.

Sorry to hear about Premier Doug pulling the plug on Christmas.  Our Premier did that last year.  While our covid numbers have been coming down a bit, I do fear another wave to hit soon. We have one of the worst vaccination rates in the Province, due I think that we are one of the youngest average age cities in the country; many young men who work in oil & gas and in forestry, and they all think they are invincible. They party hearty and are anti-maskers.

I worked in your part of the world when I was a university student. My first wife is from St. Catharines and I worked in Niagara-on-the-Lake at Fort George. Just lovely there in the summer. Great wine country and we don’t want those little grapes to freeze up (though I really love ice wine, very yummy).

Take care, Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Krista,

Thanks for the warning! We almost always get your weather a little after you get to enjoy it here in Wisconsin. Courtesy of the Jet Stream. First it usually warms up a little as it dips into Minnesota.

I remember my eye lashes freezing together on the ski slopes years ago. That is COLD!

I don’t mind it too much though. I’m one of those crazy people that likes the winter. It beats sweating!

Love and hugs, Lara 🥶🥶🥶

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji
        Krista
        Duchess

Hi Lara, You are very welcome, we like to share our weather with our friends in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ontario.  And like you, I’m one of those crazy people who prefer the cold temperature over the hot temperature.

One of the benefits of the cold is that cockroaches hate the winter, can’t survive freezing temperatures (to survive they have to find a warm humid spot in your house else they are toast).  I’ve never seen a cockroach in North West Canada.

A more positive benefit of the cold is skiing – either downhill or cross-country. And of course, apres ski is better yet.  Mulled wine anyone?

Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Jillian, My goodness, 80 F, that’s a bit too warm for me.  We rarely get temps in the 80s but last summer we did.  So we had to get AC installed.  As soon as it gets into the 70s, the AC goes on (probably only three months of the year). but who knows with this global warming stuff, 80s may get more common in my neck of the woods.  And if you are experiencing 80s right now, I bet you get a lot higher temps in the summer.  I always believed that I can keep adding layers to deal with the cold, but once you are naked, and it is hot, there isn’t anything else to take off.  Can’t believe I’m saying this in December, state cool Jillian.  Have a lovely rest of the week. Hugs, Krista.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Celeste, I imagine that you have high humidity along the coast in Maine so that makes cold even colder.  Typically we have very little humidity in the interior northwest which is what I like.  But I checked our humidity level today and surprisingly it was at 76%, so that didn’t help for sure. Take care, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

More like global cooling lol

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Steph,

Yes you are correct, my Dalmatian slippers are made in China but definitely not made of puppy doggies. What a Cruella thought, yikes.  Some of the black spots combine together to look like doggo paw prints, very nice indeed.  Ladies size L/XL fit quite nicely.

Eyelash glue into your peepers.  Ow that would sting.  Make sure to always use new products around the eyes.  I once used old eyeliner and it caused a cyst under the base of my lower eyelash.  Took over a year to sort of heal.

Welcome back from your holidays. Have a lovely week, Have a very Merry Christmas, Nollaig Chridheil, Hugs, Krista

Anonymous

What’s the favourite two Cars of an elf?

Toy-ota or an elf-romeo

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?