Tagged: Full Slips
- August 3, 2020 at 7:33 am #370065JudyCDTVParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2016Topics: 15Replies: 28Has thanked: 238 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to fix straps on full slips?
I have broken two straps on two slips
- August 5, 2020 at 2:44 am #370825Gillian BrownParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 286Has thanked: 457 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
You fiddle around for ages trying to thread it back on and getting crosser and crosser. Finally you chuck the wretched thing in the bin and go on-line to look for another. You then see two or three you rather like, click on “proceed to checkout” and then realise that you don’t actually have a dress or skirt that would go with them all so you go back to browsing. By this time you are getting close to your credit card limit so go on another computer to arrange to increase your CC limit, which also means you have to ask for a pay rise. Simples init! (And when it all arrives you discover that you’ve ordered the wrong sizes and don’t have any matching bras & panties).
Hope this is of some help.
- August 4, 2020 at 8:20 am #370460JudyCDTVParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2016Topics: 15Replies: 28Has thanked: 238 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Both of the straps came loose with the material with the sliding thing on the strap,
how do you thread the strap through the sliding thing?
- August 3, 2020 at 1:45 pm #370166Gillian BrownParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 286Has thanked: 457 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
Depends what you mean by “broken” and how good a seamstress you are. If it’s the slider on an adjustable strap, measure the length of the “surviving” strap and sew the broken one to the same length (does that make sense?). If a one strap on both slips have completely had it, take the good one off the less used slip and sew it on to the preferred one! Then call an ambulance because you’ve stitched your thumb to your fore finger.
Alternatively buy two new ones. And if you can find ones with lacy bodices & hems (seemingly rare in the UK nowadays), please let me know where!
- August 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm #370165
- August 3, 2020 at 10:10 am #370099
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.