- January 27, 2021 at 10:53 am #439065Emily LaceParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 60Has thanked: 291 timesBeen thanked: 332 times
I may be dating myself but who just loves the feel of wearing a silky full slip as part of their ensemble? I just received a brand new Vanity Fair 22″ slip from one of my latest purchases and just had to slide it on immediately. I just love how my garter belt can be seen under the sheer fabric! Oh, the pink fog is thick in my house today! 🙂
Total of 31 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 25, 2021 at 6:05 am #453592Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 52Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
I have two full slips, one white and one black. I do wear them with dresses that are a little too thin but really enjoy wearing them at home with just a pair of panties, garter, stockings and bra underneath quite often. It feel so 20’s.
- February 25, 2021 at 5:36 am #453582Catrina LaceyDuchessRegistered On: April 17, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
Have you ladies noticed that ggs don’t seem to wear slips very much these days? It seems like the slip has gone the way of pantyhose for ggs.
In fact I think it’s us girls that keep the hosiery business alive. Just an observation 💋
- February 25, 2021 at 6:06 am #453594Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 60Has thanked: 291 timesBeen thanked: 332 times
Yes, I have mentioned something similar before. As fashions evolve for women, I find more and more of the lingerie items I like to wear going the way of the dinosaur. I find it harder to find feminine nylon panties, stockings made for garter belts (not hold-ups), slips (especially full slips), teddies, and even baby doll nighties. Most brick and mortar stores do not carry these items anymore (or at least very few). Thank goodness for the internet as that is the only place I seem to be able to find these types of items anymore.
- February 25, 2021 at 10:36 am #453728Catrina LaceyDuchessRegistered On: April 17, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
Yes I’m with you hun.. thankfully I have a rather large panty collection so I’m able to wear the styles with the material that I prefer. One thing I find a bit frustrating is that I just love teddies from the 80s and 90s era. Most of the ones today are all mesh and lace.. I like the silky satiny nylon ones with lace edge work, can be very difficult to find. As far as full slips go it’s much easier to find them (online of course) definitely one of my favorite girly items. A slip and panties for lounging brightens my day 💋
- February 22, 2021 at 5:03 pm #452296DuchessRegistered On: April 17, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
Oh yes! Full slips are one of my favorite garments to wear.. so feminine and sexy, wearing breast forms really brings my slips to life. The feeling of walking in heels and a sheath dress with a full slip underneath is just divine! I have many and they are wonderful to lounge in with a satin robe and to sleep in as well.
- February 22, 2021 at 4:42 pm #452281Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 831Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 2572 times
- February 22, 2021 at 4:35 pm #452279AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 29Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
While I’m not sure the difference between full and half, I love wearing a slip no matter what. Especially under my dresses.
- February 23, 2021 at 4:07 am #452427Gillian BrownLadyRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 306Has thanked: 510 timesBeen thanked: 504 times
Annaleigh, a half slip is sometimes called a waistslip. It has no bodice/top and hangs down from the waist. It is not one that has no front or back!
- February 2, 2021 at 12:11 am #441638Nicola De AuvergneLadyRegistered On: November 29, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 62 times
- February 11, 2021 at 2:17 pm #446501Nicola De AuvergneLadyRegistered On: November 29, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 62 times
Forgot to mention that haul of Charnos half slips from a charity shop just before lockdown: cream and white, all lace edged and scalloped; and a chocolate, split and edged; and something black, edged.
- January 30, 2021 at 3:15 pm #440616JACKIE SlipsDuchessRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
- January 30, 2021 at 4:38 am #440397donna misteriosaLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
My mother’s full slip was the very first lingerie that I tried on. I have a few full and half slips, however no vintage slips like the images in the Sear’s catalogue that I fantasized about wearing as a very young CD.
- January 28, 2021 at 11:24 pm #439793Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 159Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 574 times
- February 23, 2021 at 4:14 am #452431Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 564Has thanked: 710 timesBeen thanked: 1606 times
All hail to La Perla! I have a collection of vintage La Perla which I will never part with! In fact, my will stipulates which pieces I shall be interred wearing! As underthings of course!
- January 28, 2021 at 11:13 am #439557
- January 28, 2021 at 11:02 am #439551Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41678 timesBeen thanked: 1281 times
I love wearing full slips under dresses. When I started buying my own women’s clothes, full slips were second on my list: panties were first. It’s a shame that today’s nylon slips are not as lite and silky as they were in the 70s and early 80s. My Grand Aunt allowed me to wear her vintage slinky nylon slips, along with her dresses, when I was 9 years old.
- January 28, 2021 at 6:49 am #439389Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 183Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
- January 28, 2021 at 8:06 am #439428PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 321Has thanked: 1394 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
Yes Emily ! a must have for my wardrobe ,Black ,White and a variety of lengths. They have always been part of my wife’s, must have’s and she taught! me. I find it quite upsetting, when i see a female walking with her skirt or dress stuck to her legs, yuck. Py xx.
- January 28, 2021 at 6:42 am #439386Rikki EdwardsLadyRegistered On: January 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
Full slips were part of what got me hooked on crossdressing…so feminine, so smooth. I need to expand my wardrobe to get some more. Haven’t had a full slip on for quite awhile.
- January 28, 2021 at 5:56 am #439380Brenda StevensLadyRegistered On: December 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 827 timesBeen thanked: 260 times
Full and half slips are an essential part of my wardrobe. They are just so beautifully feminine and I simply love the silky sensual feeling and look of a slip and I’ll often add a half slip under my full slip for that reason. I love having lace edging on my slips and seeing a little peeking out from under the hem of my skirts and dresses when I sit. Slips…Love Them.
- January 28, 2021 at 4:15 am #439347Holly TygressaBaronessRegistered On: January 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 105Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 321 times
A full slip under a dress or even on its own is just divine. The feel the look the everything. This is one item of clothing that I need to get more of. I also like a nice chemise which is basically a shorter full slip. The way it brushes against your legs or nylons. There is no way to describe this, Euphoria!
- January 28, 2021 at 3:29 am #439327Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 62Has thanked: 65 timesBeen thanked: 313 times
My mother used to wear full slips and half slips back in the 1960’s and seventies. I loved the femininity of the lace and fabric. I wore them as much as I could.
Womans fashions changed a lot after that and slips fell out of favour. I managed to get quite a collection of vintage styles. Today I wear half slips and, with the shorter dresses, the shorter chemises.
For me they are an essential part of any outfit.
- January 28, 2021 at 3:18 am #439324LadyRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 306Has thanked: 510 timesBeen thanked: 504 times
I just love slips, both full and waist. Remember girls, full slip under a dress, half slip & camisole under a skirt & blouse. I often sleep in a full slip and sometimes wear one under a nightie!
- January 28, 2021 at 2:55 am #439321Anne WesleyLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 25Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 75 times
I wear a full slip under everything. I love the feel even of the straps tugging at my shoulders reminding me of what I’m wearing.
I have a dozen full slips, all vintage and all quite lovely.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Anne Wesley.
- January 27, 2021 at 10:10 pm #439267Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 74Replies: 752Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2425 times
I have one full slip, two short “chemises”, (the latest by Wacaol is just gorgeous). Three lots of cami and half slip sets, , One is “vintage” had that set for 20 plus years..with the balance being silk camis and french knickers.
aint “lovely lingerie” fun!!
- January 27, 2021 at 8:18 pm #439257
- January 27, 2021 at 7:59 pm #439256Padgette ParkerDuchessRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
- January 27, 2021 at 7:29 pm #439250Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 28Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
- January 28, 2021 at 8:38 am #439461
- January 27, 2021 at 7:28 pm #439248Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1200Has thanked: 3341 timesBeen thanked: 3190 times
- January 27, 2021 at 6:03 pm #439211sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 24Replies: 192Has thanked: 507 timesBeen thanked: 928 times
- January 27, 2021 at 12:12 pm #439094Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 365Has thanked: 264 timesBeen thanked: 1450 times
In my early years of dressing, I simply loved full slips. The silky smooth fabric was just pure heaven.
Currently, I have about 2 or 3 full slips, but I find myself not wearing it at all. I guess I am just either lazy or trying to keep my dressing simple.
- January 27, 2021 at 11:37 am #439085Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 365Has thanked: 665 timesBeen thanked: 1234 times
Wearing a full slip under your dress can be the most feminine thing ever,
I’ve got one that’s got a built-in bra and i just love to wear it under my dress it feels fabulous x
Hugs Rozalyne x
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.