Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I may be dating myself but who just loves the feel of wearing a silky full slip as part of their ensemble? I just received a brand new Vanity Fair 22″ slip from one of my latest purchases and just had to slide it on immediately. I just love how my garter belt can be seen under the sheer fabric! Oh, the pink fog is thick in my house today! 🙂

Anonymous

Wearing a full slip under your dress can be the most feminine thing ever,

I’ve got one that’s got a built-in bra and i just love to wear it under my dress it feels fabulous x

Hugs Rozalyne x

In my early years of dressing, I simply loved full slips.  The silky smooth fabric was just pure heaven.

Currently, I have about 2 or 3 full slips, but I find myself not wearing it at all.  I guess I am just either lazy or trying to keep my dressing simple.

I grew up wearing full slips and petticoats, they have been A regulars part of my attire when wearing dresses and skirts for over fifty years, it’s too late to stop now.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I used to wear my Mom’s way back, and although I have a few camisoles I’ve never bought a slip. They seem to be much more difficult to find these days.

Amy

Hi Amy – Check any of the major department stores. I bought mine from Macys but I have also seen Vanity Fair slips in Belk and Dillards. Her Room also carries them online.

Anonymous

I obviously have missed the boat on this! I will definitely look into full slips… I can only imagine! Thanks for bringing this topic up! Hugs… Lisa

Go for it Lisa, you won’t regret it! 🙂

I have 3 black pink and seafoam green. I love to wear them with dresses and skirts and blouses. Vanity Fair makes the best. So smooth and silky. A nice addition to anyone’s wardrobe

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have one full slip, two short “chemises”, (the latest by Wacaol is just gorgeous). Three lots of cami and half slip sets, , One is “vintage” had that set for 20 plus years..with the balance being silk camis and french knickers.

aint “lovely lingerie” fun!!

Caty

I wear a full slip under everything. I love the feel even of the straps tugging at my shoulders reminding me of what I’m wearing.

I have a dozen full slips, all vintage and all quite lovely.

And under a bra, pulling a full slip over yourself and letting it all settle, getting the straps into place. God, that can be deliciously fiddly.

I totally agree Nicola,

Putting on my slip over my head and letting it settle into place is such a wonderful sensation. It’s one of the many things with my dressing that makes me feel so feminine.

Hugs,

Emily

Anonymous

I just love slips, both full and waist. Remember girls, full slip under a dress, half slip & camisole under a skirt & blouse. I often sleep in a full slip and sometimes wear one under a nightie!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My mother used to wear full slips and half slips back in the 1960’s and seventies. I loved the femininity of the lace and fabric. I wore them as much as I could.

Womans fashions changed a lot after that and slips fell out of favour. I managed to get quite a collection of vintage styles. Today I wear half slips and, with the shorter dresses, the shorter chemises. 

For me they are an essential part of any outfit.

Anonymous

A full slip under a dress or even on its own is just divine. The feel the look the everything. This is one item of clothing that I need to get more of. I also like a nice chemise which is basically a shorter full slip. The way it brushes against your legs or nylons. There is no way to describe this, Euphoria!

Holly💕

Full and half slips are an essential part of my wardrobe. They are just so beautifully feminine and I simply love the silky sensual feeling and look of a slip and I’ll often add a half slip under my full slip for that reason. I love having lace edging on my slips and seeing a little peeking out from under the hem of my skirts and dresses when I sit. Slips…Love Them.

Full slips were part of what got me hooked on crossdressing…so feminine, so smooth.  I need to expand my wardrobe to get some more.  Haven’t had a full slip on for quite awhile.

I have both full slips and half slips. I think they are a necessary item to be worn under dresses and skirts.

Yes Emily ! a must have for my wardrobe ,Black ,White and a variety of lengths. They have always been part of my wife’s, must have’s and she taught! me. I find it quite upsetting, when i see a  female walking with her skirt or dress stuck to her legs, yuck. Py xx.

I love wearing full slips under dresses. When I started buying my own women’s clothes, full slips were second on my list: panties were first. It’s a shame that today’s nylon slips are not as lite and silky as they were in the 70s and early 80s. My Grand Aunt allowed me to wear her vintage slinky nylon slips, along with her dresses, when I was 9 years old.

So jealous of you Brittney! That must have been heavenly wearing those vintage slips. What a great aunt you had as well letting you wear her things.

I like slips very much but good ones seem hard to find.

Araminta.

C

Ladies,

La Perla sell short and long slips in silk and satin, and they are WONDERFUL!

Price sadly is too, but we’re worth it.

S

All hail to La Perla! I have a collection of vintage La Perla which I will never part with! In fact, my will stipulates which pieces I shall be interred wearing! As underthings of course!

My mother’s full slip was the very first lingerie that I tried on. I have a few full and half slips, however no vintage slips like the images in the Sear’s catalogue that I fantasized about wearing as a very young CD.

Anonymous

when i was a kid sears catalogue was like our playboy mag

God girl, love slips. Never feel dressed without, that peek of lace… And how everything then just slides into place.

Forgot to mention that haul of Charnos half slips from a charity shop just before lockdown: cream and white, all lace edged and scalloped; and a chocolate, split and edged; and something black, edged.

Anonymous

Nicola, you lucky girl!

Very lucky, only a tenner! Stood there in drab, measuring, Got rather good at it!

Anonymous

While I’m not sure the difference between full and half, I love wearing a slip no matter what. Especially under my dresses.

Anonymous

Annaleigh, a half slip is sometimes called a  waistslip. It has no bodice/top  and hangs down from the waist. It is not one that has no front or back!

Anonymous

Oh yes! Full slips are one of my favorite garments to wear.. so feminine and sexy, wearing breast forms really brings my slips to life. The feeling of walking in heels and a sheath dress with a full slip underneath is just divine! I have many and they are wonderful to lounge in with a satin robe and to sleep in as well.

Anonymous

Have you ladies noticed that ggs don’t seem to wear slips very much these days? It seems like the slip has gone the way of pantyhose for ggs.
      In fact I think it’s us girls that keep the hosiery business alive. Just an observation 💋

Hi Catrina,

Yes, I have mentioned something similar before. As fashions evolve for women, I find more and more of the lingerie items I like to wear going the way of the dinosaur. I find it harder to find feminine nylon panties, stockings made for garter belts (not hold-ups), slips (especially full slips), teddies, and even baby doll nighties. Most brick and mortar stores do not carry these items anymore (or at least very few). Thank goodness for the internet as that is the only place I seem to be able to find these types of items anymore.

Hugs,

Emily

Anonymous

Hi Emily,

Yes I’m with you hun.. thankfully I have a rather large panty collection so I’m able to wear the styles with the material that I prefer. One thing I find a bit frustrating is that I just love teddies from the 80s and 90s era. Most of the ones today are all mesh and lace.. I like the silky satiny nylon ones with lace edge work, can be very difficult to find. As far as full slips go it’s much easier to find them (online of course) definitely one of my favorite girly items. A slip and panties for lounging brightens my day 💋

Thank god here in the UK for charity shops in the more middle class part of town, and lovely little silky finds… Though more half than full slips, Nicola awaits, the anticipation of find!

Anonymous
      Lady

I have two full slips, one white and one black. I do wear them with dresses that are a little too thin but really enjoy wearing them at home with just a pair of panties, garter, stockings and bra underneath quite often. It feel so 20’s.

Sandy

Then, of course, having the full slip tucked up over and under a bra something lacy, and filling… Coz, you want to shape…

Anonymous

I have a number of older full slips and as everyone says the sensation of the slip between a dress and ones skin is delightful, everything slides into place and that delicious glimpse of the lace hem is so feminine and retro. Half slips peeking out from a skirt hem are just as nice and that swishing sound as one walks- heaven!

Hail the slip! Diana  💋

And something long and sheer attached to the garter belt under the slip?

Anonymous

Emily, I’d love to wear a full slip and I have a couple of them that I wear  every now and then but my problem is, that I sweat too much and they make me much too hot. I guess I just am one HOT BODY. He…He…He

Kathleen

A grey La Senza silk, embroidered hem and bodice… And to touch.

Can’t even place which of the local charity shops I troll I got it from – jus hanging in there waiting for them to open again, so N can continue her finds: running short on sheer tights. Anyway, slips and a bra, which fills which out? Anyone cut their finger opening some rioja? De dum…

Anonymous

The VERY first thing I reached for to borrow from my sister’s and my mom’s dresser drawers 40 years ago. So epically feminine with the satiny and lace material. Why in heavens name don’t women wear these anymore? Maybe because they’re wearing pants all the time! Lol.

I totally agree Stephanie. Women seem to be gravitating more to always wearing pants and less feminine lingerie where we are more apt to wear dresses and skirts with prettier things on underneath. Just seems so ironic to me.

Hugs

Emily

Anonymous

Lol! VERY ironic!

Anonymous

The Brits use ‘pants’ as a term for something crappy – as in “pants are so pants”.

Bring back the slip

Slippery Diana

Just had a delicious re-remember and refind last night: an emerald green culotte slip. and a lovely vintage black slip which had somehow got buried in another box.  The black full slip was a delicious charity shop find, can’t even remember when now – flouncy with lace straps and generous such inserts, and accordion pleats at the hem and bust, just waiting to be filled out in the morning with a black bra after wearing both slips to bed.  Have now also added very lacey black french knickers, very full, and some 10dnr nude hold ups, lip cream and low red heels, all under an appliqued cream wrap.  Now for more tea, leaf of course, this Sunday morning, and, with butter and honey, some of my just baked fruit loaf.  Perhaps, a little more lip cream as well.

Anonymous

Nichola, dead jel & green with envy!

Got a very silky black full slip with that flounce, getting the right skirt’s the fun. Something full… Toodle

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?