Tagged: 

Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Not a question but a nice story about being out of the closet and and out in the world. I have just moved into an appartement for the first time and have been going backwards and forwards whilst doing small jobs and and eventually moving in. Of course you get to meet some of the other owners and make their acquaintance. After a couple of nights settling in I got dressed and headed of into town ‘en femme’, did my thing, returned, parked my car and walked into the foyer. The downstairs neighbour was chatting with someone, I walked by and greeted her in passing and walked into the lift.
      This morning, I was walking out in ‘drab’ and stopped to exchange pleasantries, it took all of 3 minutes before she said “was that you dressed in womens clothing yesterday?” I replied “me?… was it someone about my height?”…”Yes” she replied “wearing a denim skirt?” I asked. “I think so” she said. “Did she sound like me then?” again “yes” she replied. “no it wasn’t me… I’m shorter than her” and left it at that lol 😂. Dont you love nosey neighbours? I’ll put her out of her misery within a few days, I’m bound to bump into her whilst dressed, the whole block will know and I wont have to tell the same thing over and over.

Terri
      Duchess

Great post! You handled the situation perfectly.
      Hugs Terri

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Love it!

If you are out in the open, why deny it? She might not be being nosey. She might just be interested.

Cerys

You are having difficulty seeing the humour in the conversation I had with her. By the questions I asked her I pretty much told her it was me. I will no doubt see her again tomorrow, and I will no doubt be en femme as I leave for the weekly shop and I wil obviously talk to her, as nobody gets to creep past this woman without being seen.

Anonymous

Good for you
      That sounds like alot of fun. Great attitude and wit. Stay happy and positive
      Huggggs

Sounds like my old neighbor, I used to call her Mrs. Cravitz named after the character across the street.  I swear, she used to sit in her front window, just watching the house.  I didn’t think we were that interesting, but I guess so.  I didn’t even dress then, but it surely would have been fun to do what you did.  Sometimes nosy neighbors are so much fun to play with.  Way to go, Helene, keep on playing.

J J
      Lady

I loved your response, and it reminded me of the theater stair scene from “Hard Days Night”. Best to leave them a bit confused. You obviously don’t care, nor was she a nosey neighbor, just curious as anybody would. Enjoy to new flat.

It’s not really done in our culture to be so ‘up front’ when it comes to this sort of thing.

Marianne
          Ambassador

I’ve been just as matter of fact as yourself and I’ve been dressing for work a few days most weeks for the last two years, leaving our home and riding the commuter bus as he or she without caring who sees me. But finally my wife had enough when people started asking her if I was transitioning.

Anonymous

That is so great. Thanks for sharing. I also look forward in the follow-up post with the next conversation. 🙂

I’ll keep you posted, I’m going shopping in the city tomorrow (long live Ikea) so she’ll catch me in my full femme glory tomorow. I have to empty my car right in front of her kitchen to get to the foyer lol.

Anonymous

What a lovely turn of events! Isn’t it funny how we can misjudge people. Granted, she was perhaps a bit intrusive in her original question, but it comes in a different light now that she has shared her deceased husband’s secret with you.

I hope you both enjoy conversation over coffee and that perhaps you can become friends. I have a few mature (ie my age) female friends who have grown to be so accepting of me. I only wish I had made these connections earlier in life!

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Oh yes, so much fun interacting with neighbors such as this.  I had many similar such neighbors over the years.

Who knows?  An opportunity to educate a friendly neighbor?  Maybe just a way of introducing ourselves to new neighbors?

Nevertheless, cannot wait for the next update!

Is her husband named Abner?

Well here’s a bit of an update. I stopped to talk to my neighbour on the way to my apartment, she brought up my dress sense again but this time she said she’d seen me a couple of weeks earlier in what I call semi stealth mode… long painted nails, skinny jeans, ankle boots with heels  but no makeup or wig. I was taking stuff out of my car which is some 20 metre from her window. I thought ‘this woman has super human powers’ until she finally  told me her partner (deceased) was a often to be found in dress and hose, she can just see and sense it in a man. I now understand her interest in me and my proclivities. I promised to have coffee and a chat with her next week.

Interesting turn of events.  Let us know how the get together for coffee goes.

hugs

Christine

Anonymous

That is awesome. Funny how things work out.

Helene –

Coffee and a chat sound lovely.  Hope you’re able to set it up.

XOXO
        Suzanne

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Hilarious!

Well done, and how nice not to have to worry about being found out by the neighbors.

I have just decided that its time to be me, there are some 40 apartments in the complex. I met one of the neighbours on my floor as a man and an hour later as Helene in the lift.  She was confused to say the least, they’ll all eventually just get used to me and they wont see the gender I present at the time. I have that with friends since I stopped caring what others  think. The relief of not worrying is mega liberating. I recommend it to everyone.

Anonymous

Great response!!! A neighbor caught me in my leggings and sports bra while taking the trash out. So the info will fly fast to your other neighbors. But who cares what they think? Great story

Ha ha, thats already happened, I’m the youngest in the complex. I use the stairs instead of the lift and came around the corner hearing ‘is it a he or a she, maybe she had rung the bell’  apparently someone had rang the entree phone of one of the inhabitants because they left their keys in their apartment. I was in drab and answered their question, they didnt know where to look, so I just helped with the ‘sometimes I like present as a woman and sometimes as a man’ statement. Which solicites questions….in a couple of weeks it will all be forgotten and nobody will remember if the saw me as a woman or as a man.

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

Lol, lol, HAHAHAHAHA, love that story, laughed outloud, had to show my wife what i waz laughing about, she thinks your amazing!!!!
      Xx
      Brianna

Hi Helene ,its Michelle.I am in the same position as you.I know my neighbors have seen me as Marty and as Michelle.At this stage of my life I am not going to hide Michelle anymore.I come and go as Michelle and it feels great.One of my elderly neighbors,while walking her dog,encountered Michelle after one of Michelles shopping trips.Fearing the worst,I said hello to her and had a short, pleseant conversation.She loved seeing me as Michelle and said to me and I quote”Honey,do what makes you happy and you have great legs”.Wow,what a revelation.Ladies,enjoy your femininety and keep smiling. Hugs,Michelle.

Thats pretty much my experience so far, I get positive  comments and its not my fabulous good looks that brings that 😂. I try to be friendly, open and humorous…everything I’m not as a man and that seems to work. It just feels so nice to not be looking over my shoulder or worrying what others think.

Terri
          Duchess

I think if my children knew and was accepting I wouldn’t care who knew. Telling them and my brother wouls be hard. When I go out enfemme I feel relaxed and excited at the same time. I really dont care if I get read.

Trish White
      Baroness

That is just too funny Helen! But I loved the way you handled the encounter and your

neighbour, it was brilliant. I don’t think my neighbours would see me coming and going as we

live on an acreage but if something happens I’m going to handle it just like you did. It really is

classic. Have a great day girl.

Trish 💖

Update:

Well, I had a lovely chat and a cup of coffee with my new favourite neighbour. We talked about her now deceased  partner, he was a closetted crossdresser and that was how her CD radar picked up on my drab clothing choice. She said it was the red nails and high heeled boots that gave it away whilst was bringing my stuff into my apartment. I asked her ‘didn’t the donkey rails with dresses on” and the lack of female company in the three week period of moving also give her clues. She was really sweet, and really fun to talk to. She doesn’t “do anything with the way she looks”(her words) but has her nails done every couple of weeks. and they were fabulous and all her own keratin nothing fake about them… which I was jealous of. I think we are probably going have a cuppa more often, I like her. She shares my humour as well.

The whole complex now knows that I’m Helene and most of the people I have talked to find it fun that I ‘flounce’ through the building as I come and go. The others keep themselves to themselves. I’m quite surprised at the community spirit as this is my first time living an apartment.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Yep. Same situation with my wife. I’m also in FL

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?