Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

HI Ladies knowing that some parts of world getting to be jacket weather Do you own or would you own a nice fur jacket or no

this is for all furs that out there.

Anonymous

I know, don’t tell me…
      It ain’t cool to have an animal fur…but I am 75 yo, so when the wife wanted a beautiful,full length Mink coat, or a white Mink jacket, or inherited 3 different Mink coats from her deceased Aunt Fran, w e just said ” …Thank you so much…”
      She has used them to 1) stay very warm in some very cold weather, & 2 ) to impress those others who had Mink coats. It worked.
      Please, don’t judge.
      Dr.T.J.

Anonymous

Personally TJ no different then leather jacket right. If can find a light weight fur for my area of Texas will buy one. Now the choice of should go short or long for a fur.  Oh love the touch of mink same for fox.

Donna

Oh when was younger my grand father gave me a nice coon hat with the tail felt like davy crockett or anna oakley

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Donna!

I used to work as a doorman at a luxury condominium in downtown Toronto to pay for school many years ago. Whenever the ladies went to the theatre they were all dressed ever so elegantly in murderous stilettos, glittering nylons, and shimmering fur coats! What completed this picture were all the limousines pulling up to take them out-on-the-town! Oh, what a night they had! They all came back home giggling and tanked to the rafters! I wanted SO much to be them!

Ahhh……

💋 Barb :B

P.S. I have no recollection what the men were up.

Anonymous

Know the feeling Barb would been great to be living in that time. Think my bf would be like those men then. He to kind open the door for me getting in and out.  Nice long fur would be the one.

Donna

Barb Wire
          Lady

Yes! I sure learned how to open and close a door for the ladies back-in-the-day! They tipped very well too and often asked how my studies were going. Pure class!

Barb

Anonymous

Hard to find that kind class now days maybe if lucky.

Amy Myers
        Baroness

I knew downtown Toronto quite well during those days! Used to cruise through Yonge St, etc quite a lot in the 70’s.

Amy

Barb Wire
          Lady

Hi Amy!

Mind you, these rich ladies I knew were often spoken to poorly in public by their controlling husbands, but the ladies I admired most gave it right back to them! I had to phone the police a couple of times when arguments over-boiled in the lobby.

xo Barb

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I answered yes, I have one, but a real fake fur coat! I wouldn’t use genuine animal fur now. This is quite a good quality one but I got it with tags on it quite cheaply at a nearby thrift store.

Here in Canada a girl has to be able to dress very warmly if going out in winter! The long range forecast for here is a colder and snowier late Fall, and into December, so I might very well need it and my other winter clothes this year!

Amy

Anonymous

Know in my state of Texas the area live don’t get that cold maybe a fluke like last year when had that blizzard conditon and snow and ice. But on the days that does get cold here for few days be nice wearing a fur. instead of my leather jacket.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I  pick the infamous “other”.

I’ve never had an occasion for one, though I wouldn’t have qualms about wearing one.

it’s just not in my thought pattern these days…

Anonymous

Billiejay feel the same way after doing some searches and seeing the price on them. Few more then what paid for my truck. Now if was given one as a gift would accept it.

BillieJay
          Managing Ambassador

my reply was mostly tongue-in-cheek, as I live in a place where we seldom need more than a hoodie in the colder weather.

I meant no disrespect with my reply…

Anonymous

same here Billiejay usually mild winters in Southeast Tx.  and none taken

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

I do own a fox fur jacket; it was my wife’s, and I think she only wore in twice, ever. It’s really not practical down here in Southeast Texas, and I may never ever wear it, either…but I do own a fur jacket.

Hugs,
      Lulu

Anonymous

One day will own one just like you Lulu just not able to wear them in Texas maybe day or so. Now if still lived up North would wear one everyday of the winter season there.

Donna

If you south Texas ladies need a reason to wear your furs, faux or real, just come visit us up in the Panhandle in the next 3 or 4 months.

You’d still be in Texas, thank goodness, but when that cow up in Kansas steps on the barbed wire fence and let’s those Canadian cold fronts scream through Oklahoma, a good warm coat is definitely needed.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Actually Paula anything below 60 is way to cold for this girl now. Guess living in Southeast part of TX then sometime in Southern FL thinned my blood to much. Use to live up in Northern Part of Indiana.

Still some days get chilly here but then day or so later warms back up.

Donna

Anonymous

We have family in Lubbock, Paula; so I know all about it. I would have to hide that lovely fur jacket under a parka.

Hugs,
            Lulu

Anonymous

Here in Florida, I only get to wear my wool cloak maybe a couple times a year as it is. A fur coat would just gather dust. Nothing against them, but not my taste really, either.

Anonymous

In my area of Texas like you may be able to wear a heavy jacket for couple days out of the winter season.

If had a fur coat or even faux fur be just like my leather jacket have wear it only on special occassions.

Anonymous

Donna…

I would love a faux fur jacket, and if the chance arises, I WILL get one!!!…I have a parka with faux fur around the hood….

It’s been said a million times, but real fur looks so much better on the animal…..

Grace xx

Anonymous

That true Grace Faux or real. Really could never afford a real fur but faux fur could. Did buy a real nice leather jacket for him and a ladies jacket for her which is me now. giggles.  Was on sale for like 70% off. from Dillards.

Krissy
        Lady

I still have my parka as used to be a modette back in the 80s, still love all that kinda style. Ski pants were my fav

I currently do not own one, real or imitation.  I have owned both in the past and probably will in the future.

Is wool considered fur this year or not?  It goes back and forth sometimes, but I do love 100% natural wool for some clothing choices.

Mink and chinchilla, and other critters like them are too cute though, so no to one of those.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Pretty sure Paula wool would be a choice.  Still have my wool lined Jacket from 7 years ago..

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Donna. Years ago I had a parka with a faux fur lined hood like you see Eskimos wear and got lots of compliments on it. I now have a long beautiful vintage Jackie O coat with wide leopard print faux fur cuffs and collar. I’ve never worn it out in public because the weather has been so warm. It just hangs in my closet but I can’t get rid of it.

Anonymous

Hi Michelle have some jackets like that too hanging in closet Just to heavy for Texas weather.  But if ever decide to travel back North to visit old friends from my home state could come in handy.  Seen those Jackie O jackets very pretty.

Donna

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Donna, according to the internet, under the very broad definition of the term “fur”, wool fits (as does many types of hair).   BUT, in terms of the clothing industry, wool is NOT considered to be fur.  So that’s how I voted.  I would never wear fur, I love animals so much, and we are no longer living in the Stone Age (even faux fur is a bit creepy).  I have numerous wool clothing, as sheep are OK with their annual haircut unlike a fox or mink that are killed for their coat.  Right now, the temperature where I live varies between 20 F and 45 F; and it snowed in the rural area west of our city.  Walking the dog means wearing a toque and mittens and layers of clothing.  Take care, Hugs, Krista.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I would love to have a fur lined jacket. The thought of the fur wrapped all around me just sounds warm. Here in Michigan it can get quite cold.

Anonymous

Totally understand that Carolyn originally from Indiana by the lakes knew some people in Michigan area Does get cold that way.  Stay warm that way when temps fall.

Donna

Would I want one ?  Sure.  But not in the cards, biggest reason is $$$.  I can’t afford the asking price of a fur jacket, plus the cleaning/maintenance on it can get pricey.

As well, I rarely go out as Wendy, and if I ever do my wife has a nice trench style jacket that I use that goes well with pretty much anything I wear.

Anonymous

Pretty much same way Wendy was looking at the pricing and just say still little steep for this girl. Maybe my bf get one for me. One day.

Donna

Yes, I’d like to get one someday. But made from Kangaroo hides!

‘Roo fur is quite nice and reasonably well available, but can be a bit pricey!

Krissy
        Lady

My one is faux fur and its just as warm as the real thing.

In todays enviroment I would be self conscious to wear real fur and I think they are out of style. I do have a leather jacket and a fox faux bolero jacket I wear while riding on the back of my boyfriends motorcycle which draws a lot of looks from passing cars.

Anonymous

Really agree they nice but wouldn’t want to wear one everyday say to grocery. More of special occasion for me. Plus weather here is just not cold enough for a heavy jacket. Like you have my nice leather jacket Not real heavy.

Donna

Anonymous

I’d love to but alas the allergies say no, even faux fur drives me nuts.

Don’t own one. But only because it’s not my style.

My mother was from Finland and when she passed away I inherited 1/2 dozen jackets and I love them

Anonymous

wow Paula lot of jackets  Myself own couple light weight jackets one heavy jacket and  2 leather jackets.

Seen from a email I got earlier if live within a delivery or to a Macy they having half off on all jackets today only.

Still not cold enough here for any jacket. still shorts and swimsuit weather.

Donna

Anonymous

I would only own fake fur.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Fur coats, well as I said I have a beautifully made black faux one, but today I saw a lovely off white one in a store today. I’m sure that light colour will attract dirt, and I already have several winter coats, but of course now I want to go back and buy it!

Amy

Anonymous

I would go back to buy it Amy if still there. Many times done that and gone next day.

Donna

I have a gorgeous beige faux fur jacket – but real fur, never, ever, ever!

Did I say ever?

Love Laura

No fur jacket for me, but would like to find a nice feminine winter jacket, so expensive though, might have to go thrift store shopping.

Anonymous

Donna,

I will admit, I’m huge fan of “real fur jackets and coats”. I absolutely love them!!! To me furs are that one piece of clothing / accessory that makes me feel glamorous and ultra feminine. I fell in love with furs, at an early age when the first time I saw Joan Collins/ Alexis Colby on Dynasty. She was wearing a beautiful full length fox fur coat. I thought she looked absolutely stunning wearing it! As my dressing has evolved,I have tried to mirror her style of sophisticated sexy dressing with modern day style. Overtime I have been fortunate to buy my a few pieces (on sale or at a consignment shop)for “my girl wardrobe”. I have four of them…a silver fox jacket,a black mink coat with fox trim, a black cashmere cape with fox trim, and a silver fox fur vest. I also have some fur accessories such as a few scarfs and fur trim gloves. I enjoy wearing all them and always receive a ton of compliments when I have them on.

Hugs and kisses 😘
      Bree

Anonymous

love to have a silver fox jacket a short length a plus Sounds like Bree have a nice collection.

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your for your post.  Yes darling… a silver fox fur is beautiful and goes with everything!  In one of pictures in my public pictures I have on my silver fox fur jacket.

Hugs and kisses

Bree

Anonymous

Thank you Bree will have to look at the pic.

Oh wow Bree beautiful fur definity wanting one now. Going to have to give the hint to my BF Christmas around the corner now. Oh love all those pics too beautiful woman.

Hugs
            Donna

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

Thanks you for your kind words!   Best wishes on dropping that hint to your BF for Christmas.  I know if you get a fur,  you will love it!  When I slide on any of my furs, I always feel complete!

Hugs and kisses 😘

Bree

Anonymous

be on my list for sure. Oh remember my mother owned one remember putting it on with just my bra and panties when was younger. Never will forget that feeling.

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

OMG I will never forget the first time slipping on a fur coat.  I remember it like it was yesterday and wanted stay in it all night!

I have a funny story to share about going to a fur salon,  to long to tell here, however I will send in a separate message.

Hugs and kisses 😚

Bree

Anonymous

Love to hear about sometime

Donna

Bree, I have always wanted a mink coat, silver fox sounds lovely also. I live in Cali so I haven’t seen a real fur anything that wasn’t walking or barking for years now.

Flower
      Princess

Yes i have a mink fur jacket it’s nice and warm i love it

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I have 3 fake fur jackets which go with my retro stye of dress – I use them when we go to burlesque nights or to the theatre. The most use they get is when we go to Goodwood Revival each year as the event stretches into the late evening, so the jackets become invaluable to keep the chill off.

I don’t wear them on a daily basis, as I have numerous jackets to choose from, but do have a wonder sheep skin aviator jacket which I love wearing in the winter months.

Hugs

Dawn x

Anonymous

Fur isn’t a popular option where I live and fake fur doesn’t get worn here except the odd fringe on hoods, I assume because it looks too much like real fur. I don’t need anyone yelling at me for fur, I have enough problems. I’m also not that big on harvesting animals for just their fur so real fur isn’t an option for me. I think it looks lovely though and I remember my grandmothers fur coat that was unbelievably soft and warm.

— Abbie 🥰

I love my fox fur and my mink coats. I love fur. I am a fur lover.

Anonymous

Hoping to get one may it be my birthday this month or christmas.

Donna

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I have both a faux fur jacket and a faux fur floor length coat(that I got for free cat Esprit clothing exchange). No moral qualms about “real fur” but I ain’t made of money lol.
      Cyn

Anonymous

LOL Cynthia who is made out of money now Faux be fine short. Silver faux fox  wink wink birthday Sat.

giggles

Donna

Siobhan
      Lady

I don’t own one, but have just bought my wife a gorgeous leopard print faux fur coat from Joules.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?