- December 3, 2021 at 5:54 am #583836Darcy GrigsbyParticipantRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 194Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 1106 times
Soma has been having fantastic sales this season but today they are doing $25 bras. They go pretty high up in sizing and they have been accomodating to me when I have shopped in drab there even going so far as using the dressing rooms. Just thought I would pass it along!
- May 25, 2022 at 3:17 am #647671Sara ThomassmLadyRegistered On: November 8, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 42Has thanked: 416 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
I have been shopping there before and the ladies was a big help didn’t feel uncomfortable and I was able to buy my first front closure bra there the sales lady help me pick out the bra and took me to the dressing room
- May 24, 2022 at 6:58 pm #647648Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3601Has thanked: 51906 timesBeen thanked: 12790 times
Hi Darcy thanks for the info as i have so much now if i order any more wife will kill me he he will look tho ..
- May 24, 2022 at 6:37 pm #647644Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 194Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 1106 times
One thing I forgot – use their website to pre-shop and if you see something you like you can check the stores inventory before going.
- May 23, 2022 at 7:06 am #647341Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 51Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
I have been so wanting to stop in to a soma store I am a bit pr a lot shy when it comes to shopping I tend to go to department stores when there isn’t many shoppers in the store and try to be quick and get to the checkout. The shops like soma and vs tend to swoop down on you and try to help that makes me uncomfortable.
- May 24, 2022 at 5:39 pm #647638Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 463Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 1782 times
Relax! Just tell them you are shopping for someone special. Someone whose sizes you simply just have at your fingertips.
I suspect that, for any experienced sales assistant, you will not be the first gender variant customer and if that increases sales, well, good. They will be quite willing to fall in with any pretext you devise, just make it a good one. You may not have mentioned that she is a bit broad in the shoulders. You need to be sufficiently versed in such matters to make your own judgement.
Test the sales assistant by asking them for advice. If they are eager and informative then they are on your side. I thinking being swooped down upon is a very good sign. If you want to be alone for a bit just say that you want to look around. After all you are simply casually casting an eye over their inventory from the mildest curiosity motivated by (if it gets that far) the necessity of finding that ‘gift’ for that special lady. You may even find them prompting you if you somewhat new to this sort of conversation. The expert way so many respond makes me suspect that it is not a rare occurrence for them. There is sometimes a theatrically paced cadence to their patter. This could be simply their skill at sales or possibly skills they have developed in selling to males with a feminine persona through frequent practice.
If they are not eager, friendly and informative but, rather, are reticent and curt, perhaps you should shower your money elsewhere.
It seems to me that females have made so much progress in the past century from the increasing size of their purse and the purchasing power it exerts. We can do the same! When you buy feminine accoutrements remember, you do it for a noble cause.
- May 24, 2022 at 6:48 am #647534Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 194Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 1106 times
You dug up an old thread, but that’s okay. So you are nervous going into a small boutique store where all they sell is lingerie… totally get it.
Here is a suggestion, go in there with the sole idea that you are shopping for your wife or girlfriend. When approached just say you are looking and use the time to get a lay of the store, where things are, where the dressing rooms are located, and how busy it is. You don’t have to purchase anything, but you gained knowledge and now you are a little more comfortable so that when you return you can engage with the SA’s and maybe find a pretty item for yourself.
- May 24, 2022 at 7:25 pm #647650Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 51Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thank you for the advice and encouragement I have done some shopping in vs before and used Christmas or valentines day for cover and still nervous but overall was a pleasant shopping experience. most of my shopping has been department stores.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.