Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Often wonder what makes a male or a female dress as they do? I know plenty women who are uncomfortable if they are wearing a dress and plenty who just don’t wear a dress or skirt. Most women now choose to really wear what we call male clothing.

My wife when first met regularly wore skirts and dresses. She wore tights practically every day either sheer or opaque. Now she very rarely wears any. Makeup and hair are always immaculate though.

Obvious to all of us on here there are very many men who enjoy wearing what we term female clothing for a variety of reasons. Wonder how many men would dress if was more acceptable to society?Tend to think clothing choices not all about gender more about the individual. Wasn’t to far back In history that the male fashion was short tunics, tights, low heels, make-up and wigs.

Where did it change?

Anonymous

[quote quote=475100]Wonder how many men would dress if was more acceptable to society?[/quote]

Count me as a yes for this.

[quote quote=475100]Where did it change?[/quote]

My guess is that it was for religious reasons. Isn’t a man being feminine a sin?

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

If a man being feminine is a sin, I’m seriously screwed.   Honestly, I’m no theologian, but I have never come across the Lost 11th Commandment – “Thou shalt not wear a Dress” in the Holy Bible.  Same with the Golden Rules or the Koran to the best of my knowledge.

I think commandments 11 to 15 are on the third tablet that Moses left up the mountain!

We used to play a game with the teen when they were younger to find out how many they had broken on any given day!

-A.

Anonymous

Ladies,

We’re straying into forbidden territory, and I expect the moderators will lock this thread soon; but first: the code of conduct which says men shall not dress like women AND VICE VERSA was included as part of the admonition not to copy the behavior of the peoples surrounding the Jews. Six of the seven cities around them were Baal-worshipers, and the temples of Baal featured temple prostitutes – many of whom were male. It had more to do with behavior than with wardrobe. And I believe there were actually laws in the US and UK against women wearing pants.

Bettylou

Nancy
        Lady

If society didn’t care about what people wear, I would so take advantage of that! Of course, without the stigma, lots of closeted CD’s would have no reason to hide who they are.

Sigh, I probably shouldn’t go into religion, but I will throw a couple of my thoughts out there. Religion has been weaponized, at least that is how I see it in the US. People will use religion as justification for their hate, to promote their political beliefs, etc. The bible has been translated differently to make people think that it said being gay is a sin. I believe the bible should be taken with a grain of salt.

I was raised “religious”, now I consider myself “spiritual”. But, back to the original point, yes, I think we have organized religion to blame for anti-CD views, as well as lots of hate in the world. My belief is: We are valid, dress how you like, love who you want, we are lovable, we are enough, live and let live! 🙂

Birel

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Nancy.

Hi Jane

Where did it change indeed? Where did it all go wrong?

When did societal norms and expectations become so polarised. I think the media, TV , and film have a lot to do with it. Years of deriding, insulting, portraying cross dressers as objects of ridicule, or sexually deviant, or comical figures has made it socially unacceptable. Driving many of us into keeping our ‘guilty’ pleasure secret, for fear of insults, ridicule, and being ostracised by those nearest and dearest to us. When many of us just ask ourselves, ‘What am I doing that is so wrong? So heinous that I have to hide this wonderful part of me! Am I doing anybody any harm? Well the most harm is probably to our own mental health! It’s so frustrating.

If it was more normal and acceptable in society I would 100% be more adventurous. Womenswear is just so much more fun and interesting and colourful and varied and comfy and sexy and chic than drab menswear. I think I would feel I would look better, and call me shallow but I think if I feel good about how I look, it is good for my wellbeing.

❤️Bianca

Velma
      Lady

[quote quote=475100]Wonder how many men would dress if was more acceptable to society?[/quote]

I know that I would.  I love wearing panties,  bra, stockings, boots,  leggings and some lingerie.  I really haven’t done much of anything else,but given the chance freely I would.

Velma
      Lady

[quote quote=475102]Isn’t a man being feminine a sin?[/quote]

I’m told that yes it a sin for man to wear women’s clothes,  but also that GOG loves you for who you are.

Velma
      Lady

I don’t wear much women’s outer clothes. What I wear is mostly the lingerie, bra and panties.  I have a goatee and mustache that I like but won’t shave.  I’m just one of those few that loves being in women’s clothes when I can get the chance.  The wife always tells me that it’s fine for panties but nothing else unless she doesn’t know about it. That makes it harder for me to dress up when I want to.

I find that most of the ladies I dated were fine with panties on me and some even turned and had me wear theirs when we had the same size. I made sure to tell any woman about the panties but only those before we were intimate. For anything else the relationship had to be much deeper.

Anonymous

I would wear more if it were socially acceptable. I love dresses and skirts.

Anonymous

I’ve come to think of my dressing as do most I think that it is an extention of my feminine traits,  also that it helps me to embrace and bring out these feelings. Ultimately I believe that my feminine side makes me a better person. Giving me a better understanding of how things at least should be. If we could just get people to get over what I we like to wear.

I don’t know why it is so wrong for us to dress as we see fit. I love feminine attire. All of it. Hair , makeup , pretty top , dresses and don’t forget tight jeans and leggings. Jewelry ? Of course. It is so not accepted that we hide it. I live in rural Wi. and when I go places dressed both with or without my wife we are certainly in a minority when in a dress or  very feminine attire. Funny how accepted it is for a large segment of the female population to dress as I do as a man while at work everyday. When I started first started going out enfemme I found it impossible not to draw attention to myself. I try to always present 100 percent as a attractive…. as I can be anyway…..confident proud woman. I don’t understand why  it is any worse of us to try be the women we want to be than it is for women to project as men in their choices everyday. I don’t care but I don’t see what all the fuss is about. This is my first post. I hope I don’t sound like I am trying to put anyone down. Only that we all should be able to present anyway we prefer without any repercussions. Love reading your posts girls.

Leonara
        Ambassador

Well said Michelle, I too “try to always present 100 percent as a attractive…. as I can be, confident proud woman”. Thanks for your comments..Leonara

Society decides what either gender should wear I suppose. You are expected to dress within certain standards as a man with little room for varying it. Women certainly have the better deal of the two genders.

Wasn’t long ago that Women were expected to wear dresses or skirts with hosiery routinely. Now quite the opposite. Does that mean many women don’t enjoy wearing the clothing many of us enjoy?

Yes at times I think it would be wonderful if we could all dress without gender limits. Women can express themselves in so many more ways with multiple combinations as well as hair and makeup. I find skirts so much more comfortable than pants. On the other hand if we all dressed the same then we would miss out on expressing our feminine and girlie side since we would all be the same like wearing uniforms . I think I like the gender differences because we act and feel different and get to enjoy a different world

Anonymous

I have a theory that at a subconscious level, we classify others immediately as either rivals or potential mates – just a birds do with color. But we rely on clothing styles, and tend to get upset when we are fooled. It’s not all about clothes; most GGs manage to look femme, even in sweats and jeans (perhaps not at first sight), whereas we could never pull that off.

Bettylou

“Tend to get upset when we are fooled”

I think that’s an important observation. Many men suffer from either homophobia or fear of being tricked into attraction to anyone other than a GG. They may take it personally if they see us out and about as if our choices are based on their potential desires. I suppose some of their inability to accept a crossdressed person comes from fear.

Anonymous

Spot on!

You’ve got that one right on the head.

Bridgette

Maybe I have been friends with the right straights as I have never heard them speak harshly about ladies like us. I moved away for work before I could decide to let them know that I like lingerie

Anonymous

I think the wars did it, men were expected to fight, be all strong and aggressive. Uniforms were very specific of what you could wear. When we get to world war 2, women were called up to help keep factories running, no use being in a dress, so wearing what men wore became the requirement. By the time the war was over, men had the expectations to wear what they were doing before, essentially a smart uniform, but women had a taste of freedom, one that would find its way into fashion. At first it was almost scandalous for a woman to wear men’s clothing, but we have all seen the glamorous Marlene Dietrich, dressed entirely in men’s clothing, but still very feminine.
      Men just got stuck in a rut, the uniform prevailing for years. Only for me in the late seventies eighties did we see any gender bending from a male point of view, still ridiculed and even to this day, but our time is coming, the line of specific gender roles and appearances are blurring more than ever.
      One day it won’t be a men’s section or a women’s section, just be clothes.

[postquote quote=475133]

The good news is that nowhere in the Bible does it say that cross dressing is a sin.

There is one verse in Deuteronomy (Old Testament – 22:5), where it is described as an abomination, but there are a number of ways of interpreting the original Hebrew – and the clothes had different significance back then.

Other “abominations” include shellfish, clothes made from different materials, and pig flesh – so that is the level we should be thinking of.

Next time someone quotes the Bible about cross dressing, offer them a sausage roll or Clam chowder, and check they’re not wearing polyester…

1 Samuel 16:7 puts it much better – God sees not as man sees, man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart.

Love Laura

Anonymous

I’m intrigued by your statement about how women are wearing “what we call male clothing”.

If by any chance you are referring to women wearing jeans or slacks or pants, maybe a very small number go for “male pants”. They wear women’s jeans, blouses, slacks, oxford shoes, etc. no “male clothes” there. There is no crossdressing there either. Isn’t it obvious? Why is it that “we” want the same freedom to wear whatever we want, a dress or some slacks, depending on our mood, but we are quick to ignore that women were “trapped” in dresses and skirts (in the modern days or the Western civilizations) until the arrival of the industrial revolution, then the war efforts, but mainly until some daring women decided to start wearing pants, and paid the price of being called names, being denied access to churches and many other places, until the number of women who decided that pants were both safer and more comfortable to wear reached a critical mass and all of the sudden, they were able to wear whatever they pleased to wear!
      I wonder… how many of them were trying to look like men? A few did!! Cut their hair short. But other that those few, Women got to be able to wear whatever clothes they wanted without trying to look like men!
      Cd/Tg folks who present like women wearing not only womesn’s clothes, but also wigs, makeup, padding, etc (me in that group) we are NOT going to get men to be able to wear whatever they want.
      It is those like some in here who are really “only wearing the clothes” because they are comfy, prettier, softer, and they are not attempting to “pass” (the darn word!) themselves as females, they are the ones who may eventually earn all men the right to wear dresses! Yes, dresses for men. Skirts for men. Is that what “we all” want? No way!! Not me!!

Gabriela

At one time the jeans and pants that women wore were mens since women were forbidden from wearing bifurcated garments.  They didn’t women to look masculine, now it’s the opposite.  That was when all of the crazy laws for both men and women existed.  At least today you can’t be arrested for wearing the opposite genders clothes for the most part.  There are still a few strict religious countries in the middle east were it is an offence.  It was crazy how many restrictions were placed on men and women during and after the Queen Victoria era.  Women used to have to swim in a full dress.

Today it’s more of a strict social and political norm that needs to go away. Guess since I don’t follow any religions, the religious reason doesn’t apply to me.  I wish we were more free to wear what we want no matter if it came from the women’s or men’s department.  It’s 2021, I think we can move past these outdated gender norms.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?