Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi, gals,

Ever since I decided to embrace my fem side, I must admit that it has been fun looking for clothes. I have never had pleasure shopping for clothes before, but it is amazing what is out there. With that said, I could use some advice. I bought a dress off of Amazon because of the price, and it looked beautiful. The dress is a black V neck cocktail dress in 3X. I meant to go the next size up; however, I selected the wrong size, but after seeing it, I thought it might fit, and so I tried it on. The dress fit OK it did not feel tight, The length was right above my knees, but the waistline felt closer to my chest, but I could be imagining things since I was in a hurry to get back to work.  Also, does anyone have any advice about getting zipped up? I usually reach forward. That no longer works lol.

The other item I bought is a three-pack Super Opaque Control Top Tight 3-Pack. I now know what they mean by tights. I am currently wearing them under my work pants, and my pants feel like they are going to fall off; however, the tights are not uncomfortable. How high up my waist should I go with them?

I do not have a full-length mirror at home, so later today I will take a picture of me in the dress so that you can see what I am talking about concerning the dress. If you see any chest hairs, please ignore, I am slowly getting shaved. 🙂

I was thinking about my next step to get a wig and shoes. I am not going to go too expensive until I feel comfortable, but any suggestions would be welcomed. I want to get a brunette wig and 1-inch heels(baby steps).

The dress might be tight on the chest because it is an empire waist.  It is meant to be tightest just below the bust line and helps hide a belly.

Try a shoelace or string, perhaps with a safety pin, to pull the zipper up.  Attach the string to the pin, put the pin either through the hole in the zipper, or if none, through the zipper tab.  Then you can pull the tab up and remove the pin at your neck.

Anonymous

Hi Alla, and welcome. Two quick suggestions: when shopping online, especially at Amazon, read the fine print about returns, and beware of Asian sizing, where a 2x may translate to a Medium in US sizes. And wigs: You can easily spend $100-up for a wig, as I did for my first. But you can find the same quality elsewhere (and even the same wig) much cheaper at places like The Wig Company, Wigs.com and Paula Young. I happen to like Paula, but that’s me.

Bettylou

C

Hi

Dresses and skirts are made to be worn at roughly 3 places: just below the bust, on the natural waist (narrowest part of torso) or the hips. Check the photo or description to be sure. Most men benefit from higher waisted flared styles to camouflage narrower hips.

Zips! Be careful not to snag on your lingerie or the liner, you could get stuck!
      S

Anonymous

That brings up another question for me. I of course do not want to wear my man garments underneath and I need to fill out my Brest area a little(not much) so any recommendation /suggestions. I know there are “padded” bras etc but I am unsure what all that means. I have been looking though articles and Inam still a little unsure.

Anonymous

Alla,

I’m sure everyone here wears panties, and every type, including swimsuit bottoms is representeed; it’s a matter of personal preference. I prefer a high waist, with a gusset broad enough to contain the boys; not sexy, but comfortable, and might be a good place to start for you.

Bras: Most will have some padding, which may get you by if you have anything of your own to contribute. And there are insets, commonly called “chicken cutlets” to fill the void. There are padded bras for the girls who think they are not sufficiently endowed; and finally, there are breast forms, which is a topic in itself – too much for me to include.

Hugs,
        Bettylou

C

Someone asked for more on skirt types: millions of variations, however all skirts have 3 characteristics: waist, hem and fullness.

Waist: below the bust – empire; at the natural waist (which is above the navel!) – hi-rise, on the hips – lo-rise.

Hem: Micro – Mini – Above knee – Below knee – Mid Calf or Midi – Floor length or Maxi

Fullness: Pencil (hugs the hips) – A line (looks like letter A) – Semi-circular

Everything pretty much is a variation on these.

have a look at this handy little helper https://zipmydress.com/   i bought one a few years ago and it works really well

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?