- October 29, 2020 at 9:13 am #400220AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 16Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
I can’t recommend a professional manicure/pedicure enough. Worth every single cent!
I am fortunate that I’m in a supportive enough environment to be able to have sparkly gold nail polish on my fingers at home and at work, and I know not everyone is in the same situation, but the whole experience is seriously top-notch. Find a place you trust and GO FOR IT!
- December 29, 2020 at 12:15 am #424458Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 714Has thanked: 1252 timesBeen thanked: 2356 times
I couldn’t agree more!
I found the lovely Sarah here in Tucson. When I enter that studio I become a woman, that alone is worth the price of admission. Sarah is so welcoming and so attentive.
Yesterday, still being Christmas, she put on bright red nail polish. I wish I was still wearing the polish, but I have Sarah remove it before I leave.
I have also had two leg waxings. Yesterday there a guy there getting hair removed from his back.
Ladies, go to several places and just get a plain manicure. Get a feel for the salon and the manicurist and then go regularly. And ladies, tip well.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- December 28, 2020 at 11:51 pm #424457Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 128Has thanked: 270 timesBeen thanked: 676 times
Its becoming a regular thing for me to indulge in a mani-pedi. Love them!
Today I tried something a little different, a matte finish over shellac/gel clear on my fingernails.
OPI pink on my toes.
The matte over clear looks very neat, and they look natural. No-one else sees anything other than nicely cared for nails. My little secret, perfect for work and everyday wear.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 30, 2020 at 7:47 am #400692Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 632Has thanked: 2739 timesBeen thanked: 2524 times
I have a nail salon I frequent once a month and all the girls know me. I see regular straight guys there on occasions and no big deal. Just have them done and use clear nail polish which is easy to remove later and paint your nails at home if you have that anxiety. A good manicure will really make you hands so feminine and lovely and you will feel it.
- October 29, 2020 at 4:40 pm #400480AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 29Replies: 244Has thanked: 1463 timesBeen thanked: 1426 times
its something i been doing for 2 or 3 years now. i get a pedicure every month. love the attention and the massage chairs, pretty colors. i also get a design on my big toes. first pedicure i got was when i was in guy mode. they dont care if your a guy or a girl. thats their job. make your nails beautiful. i always feel so much better after they are done. then its time to go show them off. i think everyone should get them done. the world would be a much colorful place. book your appointment today.
- October 29, 2020 at 4:17 pm #400472Jessica WildeLadyRegistered On: October 5, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 152Has thanked: 208 timesBeen thanked: 1261 times
I’d give my eye teeth to get my nails done! My fiancé who is a beautician has given me a manicure and a pedicure but of course she wouldn’t paint my toes although I all but begged her to do so. I can’t paint my fingernails because I work in an industry ruled by men and I’m extremely well respected in that industry and believe me painted nails or even really well manicured nails would be definitely noticed and would ruin the hard earned respect of my colleagues, counterparts and employees.
With all that being said I still would love, I mean absolutely love, to get my nails done and have them all painted with one of the array of beautiful nail colors out there. It’s one of the feminine things I desire to do the most!
I did the fake glue on nails one time and it didn’t work so well due to the fact I have huge hands but for a tiny minute I got to experience having nails. It’s part of the reason I’d like to have them professionally done. Oh well. Can’t have it all
- October 29, 2020 at 1:51 pm #400289
- October 29, 2020 at 11:54 am #400249Alexis GentleLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
I can only echo your words, Amy. I get a manicure regularly. My nails look and feel great afterwards and I really enjoy the pampering. My wife didn’t understand why I did it until I recently came out to her. I’ve received lots of compliments from ggs and the men in my social bubble, after some good-natured banter, have been fine with it. It does take a degree of self-confidence to carry it off though I’ve found.
- October 29, 2020 at 11:51 am #400246
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.