Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Joanne V
      Lady

Good morning all I need so help on how to get from my home to my car which is parked on the street, so I can go out dressed, I am trying to do it without getting trouble from the neighbours as my (SO) doesn’t want problems on our door step which I completely understand because I don’t want that either. Hope you can help and have a brilliant day.

I can and have answers that in a Article I wrote

How to discreetly leave the House to venture out in Public 

10 October 2022

( highlight and click on the above title and it will take you directly to it! Problem solved and answered)

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Years ago, I found that going from m house to my car when dressed would just have to happen or I wouldn’t be going out dressed. It took a lot of courage building and lurking around the front door seeing when the coast was clear to make my move. I often would hear something and chicken out.

After a while, I don’t know if I got bolder, braver had more confidence or got tired of chickening out. I would step outside the door, look around a bit and if it seemed good to go I went. I was caught several times but there was no problems.

I’m assuming you plan on stepping out of the car somewhere else? Like the Mall? Carry a small bag with your heels and wig, earrings, etc.,wear a bulky jacket and bulky pants with her clothes underneath. Once you get to where you want to be, lose the bulky stuff.  You can do your makeup at home and just wear sunglasses. Lipstick will come later. Remember to carry face wipes to remove makeup before returning home. Lol, those were the days lookin* back. Not sure I ever want to return to them but the thrill was everything. Good luck. One thing you all should look into is if there are any groups that meet in your areas. Often they have rooms you can change to facilitate your need to be discrete. Tri Ess comes to mind.

I’m lucky my car is parked out of the line of sight of my immediate neighbours; they are mostly out during the day – so I can just get in and out of my car without worrying  🙂

(Although I do a quick check the neighbours aren’t moving around outside working in their gardens or cleaning their cars).

Yup, been there.  I have a garage out the back I get to and then drive out the lane.  But I usually do this at night –  of course the last time, who is out at the end of the lane but my neighbours out for a walk.  Full wig, makeup etc drove right by them – they gave these sort of weak waves.   Guess I’m done for!

I have packed things in my backpack and gotten changed and put on my wig and makeup in an empty parking lot. The past couple of times i said screw it and got ready in the house and walked to my car in the driveway all done up, it was however during the day when most neighbors were at work.

J J
      Lady

More and more I am less and less concerned about it. I live in a quiet neighborhood so a quick peak out the door is usually enough to see if anybody is out and about. We do have a lot of walkers and joggers, so it is a good idea to look up and down the street, but that is about it. Mostly I just go out dressed, but sometimes will leave the wig off or wear a jacket. I have probably been seen, oh well!

When I lived in an apartment I was definitely seen, but since I didn’t know my neighbors I didn’t care.

Hi Joanne
      You could wear a full length coat with a hood, and or dark glasses with mouth covering. But basically it’s just a case of being careful, most people are not peeping out of there window looking for a crossdresser. One thing you can do is keep your car as close to your property as possible.
      Sarah xx

So, here are the things that help me get out the door.

1. Remember that most people aren’t actually looking out their windows.
      2. Some people suggest parking the car as close as possible so the distance and time is shorter, and that can be a great idea.
      3. I’ve actually done the opposite too, park the car a bit further away, you have a bit of a walk to get away from your house, but then once you’re on the main side walk, you’re just a woman walking down the street.
      4. I guess it depends on what you’re neighborhood is like. I live on a busy street so most people try to stay out of their front yards, other spaces might create other difficulties.
      5. I’ve read accounts of people dressing only partially, and then finishing their look in the car. That might work, but wearing heels or skirts in the summer when you can’t cover things with a large coat is harder.
      6. I actually think that sometimes you’ll stand out more trying to hide than if you just own it. I went to the store recently but didn’t have any makeup so I thought I’d wear a mask. There’s always a few people around in masks even in my conservative town. I was almost the only one in the store in a mask and I think that made everyone notice and think about me even more. I heard several people say things about wearing a mask and I felt unusually self conscious that day. When I got home I realized I probably would have been more passable and less noticeable without the mask. Sometimes the best thing to hide behind is boldness and confidence, though that’s easier said than done.

I’ve done that – have everything done and then leave the house with sunglasses and a mask.  I really don’t understand people going out of their way to note that you, as a sane and caring person, protect others from your potential infecting of them while also minimizing chances you could inhale some of THEIR viral particles.   Just don’t get it….   Anyhow, you did the right thing.  Shame that you then attract attention (which of course we don’t need at times) because of doing the right thing.  I suppose it’s all dependent on where you go out.   One hug from me!

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Joanne, here’s one suggestion for at least part of your worry.  Covid is still a concern for a lot of people, well at least around where I live in the States.  Wear a mask…a lot. That will cover some of your make-up if you plan on wearing some.  A baseball cap for your head, and a long coat.  Just plan on wearing something like that more often than not, along with wearing just your male-drag clothes underneath. Eventually if anyone is actually glancing out their window ‘accidentally’, they will see the same person they’ve seen before and go back to whatever it was they would claim they were doing.  Good luck!

Hugs, ChloëC

Wear loose fitting male clothes over anything you don’t want neighbours to see. Pack make up, wig, shoes, purse etc. Drive somewhere quiet, off with the  over clothes and apply wig, make up, shoes in the car, voila!

B x

Easily removed loafers, baggy jogging pants. (black) I usually don’t do makeup when driving out at night, but if I did I would do it before I left. I feel like a hoodie, and clear glasses with the ubiquitous covid mask might just obscure things enough at night to get by. And of course, an expanding book bag/backpack with enough room to jam a rudimentary set of male clothes, wig and forms, shoes, plus anything else you may need. Lots of makeup remover wipes for the trip back! Neutrogena wipes work best, IMO. Stay safe! Have fun!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?