Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Prudence
      Ambassador
      Registered On: January 7, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 124

Hi Sally, I got my ears pierced last December. Dont regret it at all.  I am 58.m  Hugs Pru

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Sally Flewitt
        Lady
        Registered On: March 12, 2021
        Topics: 3
        Replies: 30

I love seeing my newly pierced ears they look so cute even my wife loves them . She was the first to tell me how cute my ears look. I have already started to look for new earrings.

love sally

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Holly Goodrich
      Lady
      Registered On: April 19, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 38

I am going to borrow a line from an old song: If it feels good, do it.

So what if you’re not a spring chicken anymore. Im 64 in a couple of weeks, and I actt like a 20something in wardrobe and attitude.

F*** what others think, you do you.

Hugz,Holly

Kayla Olson
        Lady
        Registered On: June 15, 2020
        Replies: 65

Good philosophy to live by.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Sally Flewitt
      Lady

I have been dressing on and off for over 30 years now . My wife found out just over a month ago and has been nothing but exciting of everything. She has brought me new underwear and new clothes and some new jewellery. The thing is I don’t have pierced ears so I only wear clip on earrings. I would love to wear nice hoops and dangly earring but not sure about getting my ears pierced. I’m 46 this year and I’m not sure whether it’s more a young girls thing to have done or is it still ok for a more mature lady like myself to get them pierced. What is everyone’s thoughts on this matter.

love Sally ❤️❤️

Well I’m a happy girl yesterday I got my ears pierced and I’m so glad I did it. Just got to wait for them to heal then I’m off shopping for some nice new earrings. 😀😀

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Sandy Jayson
        Duchess
        Registered On: September 29, 2019
        Topics: 22
        Replies: 479

Congrats Sally!!! Have a great time picking out your earrings and enjoy so much wearing them and showing them off.
        Sandy

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 3083

Hi Sally,

Best start saving for those pretty earrings.  You’ll have a bigger choice of options with pierced ears.

Alice

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Kimberly Lynn
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 11, 2021
      Replies: 113

There is nothing wrong with getting ears pierced I am 48 and have two holes in each ear at one time I had five holes in each earbuds Kimberly

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 1158

I’ve been thinking about this quite some time now.  Half of me says “aw, you’re too old for that young girl stuff”.

The other half of me tells the first half to shut up! 😁

Samantha Roarke
      Ambassador
      Registered On: April 17, 2019
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1552

I think I’m going to get my ears done for my birthday! Happy birthday to me!

-SR-

Rose Hill
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: October 28, 2019

I’m turning 60 next month, had my left ear pierced over 40 years ago, decided to get the other one pierced at Christmas 2 years go so I didn’t have to wear clip on earrings anymore.I have  diamond studs (my birthstone) garnets (wife’s birthstone) And multiple sized hoops that I wear all the time no matter what mode I am in.

Rose

Erica Jo Downs
      Lady
      Registered On: March 25, 2021
      Replies: 38

Hi Sally im 59 and am getting mine pierced as soon as things open again. I have many sets of earrings since my wife passed away as i got all of hers. Im going to have it done professionally tho so i can gey a rose tattoo at same time.

Eva Kelly
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 1, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 257

The starter studs in my ear piercing kit that had a gun weren’t blunt. They have a point and are fairly sharp…

I agree! I did my ears myself with a kit from Amazon. It was painless, fast and I have had no problems. Love them!

Genevïéve
        Lady
        Registered On: July 28, 2020
        Topics: 30
        Replies: 1197

Good to hear Eva. How long ago did you pierce your ears?

Gen ❤

Eva Kelly
          Duchess

Two years ago ❤

Kelly Terry
      Lady
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 236

Go for it.

I did pierce mine at 54 and was a bit nervous about what people would say so I had a pile of excuses ready as a reply to defend my self. When the first comment came I had no answer because it was down the lines of “that looks great” so I had to come up with some thank you replies also.

/kt

Rachel Hidden
      Lady
      Registered On: February 4, 2021
      Replies: 11

I will chime in with my view. Hopefully I’m not too late.

Go for it. It won’t really stand out especially if you go with a standard gauge. Try to have it done at a shop that uses needles instead of a gun.

I have multiple piercings in each ear, and they are a larger guage (12s in the lobes and cartilage, 14s in the daith and tragus). I had 8 in each ear at one point but removed some.

Robin Snow
      Lady
      Registered On: May 7, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 226

Hi Sally,

YOLO Sweetie!!! If it’s on your bucket list then go for it.

I’m 58 and a late bloomer to this lifestyle.  I’m looking forward to having mine done once I feel comfortable being around people again.

Good Luck!!!

Robin

Sally Flewitt
      Lady

Well I have spoken with my wife about getting my ears pierced and she is all for it. Once the shops are open again I will be getting them done. To say I’m excited is an understatement lol. I can’t wait till I can have some nice hoops and dangle ones. Thank you all for you lovely comments and encouragement I appreciate it all.
      Love Sally ❤️❤️

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 933

Pierce your ears! Don’t wait, do it now! I wear both types of earrings and I have dangly ones and hoops for non-pierced ears! You won’t regret it! And… think of all the special occasions your wife will enjoy! She will have presents for the next decade sorted!

Pierced Polly! 💋💋💋

Ps… I’ve had my ears pierced for 35 years! I got both done at the same time because I didn’t know which side I should get pierced!

Jasmine Andrews
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2019
      Replies: 57

I was 50+ when I got mine pierced a bit over a year ago, and have only ever gotten positive comments on them, except for the one lady who was a little freaked out by the pair that look like philips head screws.

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 902

I had mine done about six months ago. I’m 52. I love it. Only thing, with my ears i have to have gold or my ears get irritated.

Bridgette

Penny Farthing
      Lady
      Registered On: March 14, 2021
      Replies: 5

I got mine pierced at 48, and wearing pretty earrings is one of the highlights of my life! I have a whole rack of earrings now.

Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 777

YOLO Sally.

In my opinion age is a state of mind, you are only too old if YOU think you are.

Its your body, its your life, it’s your choice.

❤️Bianca

Rayna (was Dala) Carlian
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 4, 2020
      Replies: 183

Girl, I am 49 as of last month, I love having them pierced.

I had my wife do it at home with a kit I got from Amazon. She got to “participate”, it sounds like your Mrs would enjoy this too.

I let her pierce mine last August while we were locked down here in CA.

I only walkaround without earrings in maybe one day a week now…

At work I wear little carbon fiber black studs, en femme, dangly shiny fun stuff…go wild!

XOXO

Rayna

Kathleen 60454
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2020
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 474

Sally, my current age is 76. I have had my ears pierced for at least 15 years. I have had only positive comments about them. My ex wife let me get them pierced for fathers day one year and I still keep them open and wear pierce earnings most days.

Kathleen

Sharon
      Lady
      Registered On: July 27, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 105

I am 50, and currently using clip-ons – as soon as I have been vaccinated and the stores have re-opened I’ll be getting my ears pierced.

Sharon
        Lady
        Registered On: July 27, 2020
        Topics: 6
        Replies: 105

I am now booked in to get my ears pierced on Thursday afternoon

4 users thanked author for this post.
          Sally Flewitt
          Lady

I will be booking my ASAP just waiting on my local piercing shop to have space to get me in.

Genevïéve
            Lady

I’m all excited for you Sally…

The healing process was a PITA… however, once healed, you’ll be able to swap out earrings at will.

Danglies are Uber Sexy… 🥰

Love,

Gen ❤

Sally Flewitt
            Lady

I can’t wait I already have my eyes on some new earrings I will be getting. Both me and my wife have been looking at lots of new jewellery it will be fun for us both to get dressed up and put on some nice new jewellery and earrings.

Genevïéve
          Lady

You are going to love having pierced ears Sharon…

Gen ❤

3 users thanked author for this post.
      SteffieC
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2015
      Replies: 26

I got my ears pierced at age 62 and I do not regret it at all. I have some nice studs and dangly earrings. I had no troubles with it and have had no negative comments from anyone.

Kayla Olson
      Lady

Hi Sally, I am in similar situation as you and am curious to know the thoughts of everyone at CDH as well. Thanks for asking the question.

Genevïéve
      Lady

Hi Sally…

I’m 57… and recently had my ears pierced.

You just have to get your ears pierced Luv… the feel of danglies hooked into your lobes is wonderful…

‘A young girl’s thing to do…’ Certainly not…pierceing/jewelry has no age limits.

I pierced my ears Nov. 2020… was a bit apprehensive for a few days after. Howerver, that feeling soon vanished. I’m so glad that I had it done. Have been wanting pierced ears for the longest time.

I purchased an Inverness DIY ear piercing gun off Amazon. The studs are sealed and sterile in their own compact cartridge. A very simple procedure. My lobes took quite a while to heal though (10 weeks)… almost twice as long as advertized. However, we all heal at different rates. Absolutely no infection. I was concerned about infection.

Looking back now, I probably should have waited to go to a professional… but hey, it’s done now and couldn’t be happier!!!

Go for it Sally… you’ll love it. 🥰

Love,

Gen ❤

Bridgette VonSmirff
        Lady
        Registered On: October 18, 2020
        Topics: 29
        Replies: 902

I had mine done professionally, and still had a long time healing. Also found my ears don’t seem to like at least some grades of stainless steel, they want gold or they get irritated.

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 38
      Replies: 953

The Pros and Cons of Piercing Needles

Pros

One-Use: The needles are one-use-only, so you don’t have risk of someone else’s bodily fluids on your needle.
      Cleanliness: Piercing instruments can be easily and properly cleaned in an autoclave that uses high pressured steam to thoroughly sterilize the entire instrument. Used needles are properly discarded, but jewelry and hemostats are sterilized thoroughly in the autoclave.
      Training: Professional body piercers receive extensive training that includes proper piercing techniques, infection control, and healing practices. They will also learn how the body reacts to new piercings and how to avoid hitting nerves (which will reduce the pain the customer feels when getting a new piercing). They also learn proper sterilization techniques.
      Less Pain: There is less pain when piercing needles are used. The needle is hollow and extremely sharp so that it slices through the skin, which pushes the tissues aside to make room for the jewelry. Even though it sounds rough, it’s a really quick process.
      Less Bacteria: The jewelry for a needle piercing is designed to allow dirt and bacteria to be easily removed. Generally, captive bead rings (CBRs) and barbells are used for new piercings; both allow the jewelry to move so that the bacteria doesn’t just sit on the new piercing. Plus, they’re made of metals that are proven to help reduce reaction.
      Material: Most piercing jewelry is made of a high-grade stainless steel or titanium, which gives the the best chance at not developing a reaction or infection during healing.
      Versatility: You can use a needle to pierce almost anything—areas with cartilage or without.
      Cons

Inconvenient: It can be an inconvenience to go out of your way to find a reputable tattoo shop that offers needle piercings.
      Expensive: It can be more expensive than going to the mall. You have to add a tip to the total cost that the piercer charges.

The Pros and Cons of Piercing Guns

Pros

Accessibility: Most places use guns since it’s easier to train someone to use them, so if you’re looking for a place that uses a gun, it’ll probably be easier than if you’re trying to find a place that uses needles.
      Convenience: It’s convenient to get your ears pierced while at the mall shopping.
      Affordability: It’s sometimes cheaper to get a piercing at the mall or at a booth versus a qualified piercer. There’s less skill and training required, so they can charge less.
      Speed: It’s over fast, with one quick pull of the trigger.
      Cons

Tissue Risk: There can be major tissue trauma when a piercing is performed with a gun. The piercing guns hold blunt studs, and when these studs are forced through the tissues, it literally rips the tissue in order to make room for the jewelry. If your piercing will go through the cartilage, it can shatter with blunt force.
      Messiness: When the blunt stud is shot through your skin, it can get messy. A wipe of an alcohol or antiseptic pad is not going to remove all those blood particles, however, and piercing guns cannot be properly sterilized. They get a lot of use and come into contact with bodily fluid… however, a simple swipe of an alcohol swab between uses is not enough to sterilize the instrument. Some claim that the instrument never comes into contact with the skin, but the piercer’s hands do, and they’re touching the potentially contaminated gun and are further contaminating it with your blood.
      Training: Mall employees and booth workers generally undergo a whopping two-week course on how to use a piercing gun. That’s not a lot of time to teach proper techniques for infection control or healing.
      Infection Risk: Piercing guns use blunt studs that have butterfly backs. These can easily harbor bacteria and gunk, which can infect a new piercing. The studs are sometimes made of a low-grade material which cause allergic reaction, scarring, and infection.
      Swelling Risk: The gun pinches the back of the jewelry snugly into place, which doesn’t allow any room for the piercing to breathe and heal properly. Because the butterfly backing is going to be put on way too tight, you will experience increased swelling (it will swell naturally as part of the healing process, but it will swell worse if it doesn’t have room to swell).
      Designed Just for Earlobes: Although these guns were designed only for piercing earlobes, mall employees also typically offer cartilage piercings and nose piercings with the same instrument. Cartilage can easily shatter with the pressure and force of a piercing gun.
      Loud: Piercing guns are loud, which can scare younger children more than anything. If the child jumps, the stud can easily get stuck half-way through, which means it must be removed. The gun will have to be recocked and the stud shot back through the tissue, causing more tenderness, bleeding, and risk of complications.
      Aiming and Angles: Piercing guns are hard to aim properly and so the piercing is more likely to be crooked or inaccurate. If the employee doesn’t have it just right, the stud can go through at an awkward angle or in at a bad placement, which may cause your body to reject the jewelry.
      Irritation: Most stores in the mall and booths that are certified for piercings will tell you that you need to turn your piercing a couple of times a day. This may sound like it makes sense, but it reality all it does is irritate the new piercing and introduce bacteria, which will cause infection.
      Summary: The cons outweigh and outnumber the pros. There are many people who never experience any problems when getting piercings with piercing guns at the mall, but do you really want  to take that chance?

Genevïéve
        Lady

Hey Celeste…

The starter studs in my ear piercing kit that had a gun weren’t blunt. They have a point and are fairly sharp…

Love,

Gen ❤

Kayla Olson
        Lady

WOW Celeste! A plethora of great knowledge and food for thought. Thanks for sharing. The choice is clear which method I will use to get my ears pierced when the time comes.

Zoe Kay
      Registered On: June 19, 2017
      Replies: 46

Do it! I got mine pierced last year and am so glad I did!

You’ll love it!

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Replies: 1592

Hi sally another yes on your side to get them done but like you say have that talk with the wife first .. Funny quick story  when i done mine was in my early thirtys  wanted to be the cool guy at work and half of Stephanies ears he he  so wife did it at home just piked a post diamond thru  went to work next day got some high fives then the boss came in saw it and had a fit about it he new nothing could be done so went home that night and wife had to go get groceries so found other diamond post looked in mirror placed pen mark on lobe set it in place pushed it in when wife got home she wasent happy at first but grew on her after a few days but he he boss at work was really pissed  but i didnt care i didnt like him anyhow ha ha lol..

Now im 59 and happy i did it ..

Stephanie

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2094

Unlike some clothing fashions, age is irrelevant for jewelry, including earrings. I’m 80-plus, and I had my ears pierced just before Christmas 2019. I’ve worn earrings every day since, and loving it.

Olivia Livin
      Lady
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1620

Sally

Age is just a mindset and you get to decide, although having that conversation with your wife is a good call. My license says I’m 60 lol.

I had an appointment set right before the first lockdown here, I was in a mall last week and noticed things are opened up again and they take walk-ins, but the shop was at its occupancy limit. I’ll be heading back next week.

Rozalyne Richards
      Lady
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 572

Hi Sally if you want to have your ears pierced then go for it you are never to old,

I had a tattoo when i was 46 you would think that only young people have tattoos but they don’t look at Judy Dench she had a tattoo done when she hit 80 years old,

Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself x

Hugs Rozalyne x

I would love to get another tattoo I’ve seen one it’s a scull with flowers all round it, i would love to have it on my shoulder blades, so when i wear a dress with lace straps you can see it,

Roz x

Sandy Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Replies: 479

Sally, go for it!! I turned 66 this past Sept. The day before my birthday I got my now shoulder length hair colored( trying to cover the gray). The next day my X offered to pay for having my ears pierced. I was so happy and couldn’t hardly believe what she said. It turned out she was in her back end way trying to shame me because of my cross dressing. To date I have had only a few comments about my ear rings, and none of them negative.
      Sandy

Eva Kelly
      Duchess

I got my ears pierced when I was 44 and never regretted it. I highly recommend it!

Alexis Gentle
      Lady
      Registered On: September 27, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 10

I’m 63 and got one ear pierced last year. plan to get the other done when they re-open from lockdown here. Go for it, it feels wonderful to wear earrings.

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Replies: 59

My Terri got hers done in her mid 50’s. You’ll not ever regret doing so. There is a healing period in which you can wear manly studs. There’s hardly any good earrings that clip on anymore.

Eileen

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 38
      Replies: 953

Better late than never. Just have them done with a needle rather than a piercing gun.

Rei Durden
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 803

I just pierced mine this past Christmas and it’s been nothing but a sheer joy.

And I’m 48 soon and don’t feel even remotely mature! Lol

Go for it is my opinion.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Rei Durden.
        Sally Flewitt
        Lady

I am thinking about going for it but need to have a frank conversation with my wife as it involves her too. But I see all the lovely earrings out there and I want to try them.

love Sally 💋

Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Replies: 534

While it’s true most women get their ears pierced at a young age, there’s no reason to let age stop you.  Life is too short.  Get them pierced if that’s what you want.  Older women get their ears pierced too.  Many transwomen get their first piercings when they are older.  I fully intend to get mine pierced….and I’m older than you!

Sally Flewitt
        Lady

Thanks for the honest answer I have thought about getting them done over the years. I have just never had the courage to do it and I’m not sure why that is . I don’t know if I am worried about what others would say as most people that know me have no clue that I’m sally and that I dress. I know I shouldn’t care but I do. I think I will have to give it more thought and see what my wife thinks as she is involved a lot more now.

sally ❤️

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account