• This topic has 59 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been dressing on and off for over 30 years now . My wife found out just over a month ago and has been nothing but exciting of everything. She has brought me new underwear and new clothes and some new jewellery. The thing is I don’t have pierced ears so I only wear clip on earrings. I would love to wear nice hoops and dangly earring but not sure about getting my ears pierced. I’m 46 this year and I’m not sure whether it’s more a young girls thing to have done or is it still ok for a more mature lady like myself to get them pierced. What is everyone’s thoughts on this matter.

love Sally ❤️❤️

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

While it’s true most women get their ears pierced at a young age, there’s no reason to let age stop you.  Life is too short.  Get them pierced if that’s what you want.  Older women get their ears pierced too.  Many transwomen get their first piercings when they are older.  I fully intend to get mine pierced….and I’m older than you!

Thanks for the honest answer I have thought about getting them done over the years. I have just never had the courage to do it and I’m not sure why that is . I don’t know if I am worried about what others would say as most people that know me have no clue that I’m sally and that I dress. I know I shouldn’t care but I do. I think I will have to give it more thought and see what my wife thinks as she is involved a lot more now.

sally ❤️

I just pierced mine this past Christmas and it’s been nothing but a sheer joy.

And I’m 48 soon and don’t feel even remotely mature! Lol

Go for it is my opinion.

I am thinking about going for it but need to have a frank conversation with my wife as it involves her too. But I see all the lovely earrings out there and I want to try them.

love Sally 💋

I’m 63 and got one ear pierced last year. plan to get the other done when they re-open from lockdown here. Go for it, it feels wonderful to wear earrings.

Anonymous

I got my ears pierced when I was 44 and never regretted it. I highly recommend it!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Sally, go for it!! I turned 66 this past Sept. The day before my birthday I got my now shoulder length hair colored( trying to cover the gray). The next day my X offered to pay for having my ears pierced. I was so happy and couldn’t hardly believe what she said. It turned out she was in her back end way trying to shame me because of my cross dressing. To date I have had only a few comments about my ear rings, and none of them negative.
      Sandy

Anonymous

Hi Sally if you want to have your ears pierced then go for it you are never to old,

I had a tattoo when i was 46 you would think that only young people have tattoos but they don’t look at Judy Dench she had a tattoo done when she hit 80 years old,

Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself x

Hugs Rozalyne x

I would love to get another tattoo I’ve seen one it’s a scull with flowers all round it, i would love to have it on my shoulder blades, so when i wear a dress with lace straps you can see it,

Roz x

Sally

Age is just a mindset and you get to decide, although having that conversation with your wife is a good call. My license says I’m 60 lol.

I had an appointment set right before the first lockdown here, I was in a mall last week and noticed things are opened up again and they take walk-ins, but the shop was at its occupancy limit. I’ll be heading back next week.

Anonymous

Unlike some clothing fashions, age is irrelevant for jewelry, including earrings. I’m 80-plus, and I had my ears pierced just before Christmas 2019. I’ve worn earrings every day since, and loving it.

Leslie
        Lady

Curse you Bettylou you have always been my voice of reason here and you are one of the few who admit to being older than me. And from things you have said our backgrounds sound very similar, except I wore the nasty green pickle clothes. Now I have even less reason to not get my ears pierced! Because if you say it is alright, I have to believe it! Or admit that I am just chicken. The only other piercing I have ever gotten hurt like bloody hell (though I do have to admit I was born a redhead and it is true what they say about our tolerance to pain). That piercing was both nipples the first one wasn’t so bad but I knew what was coming the second time. I have been flirting with getting my ears  for awhile now. But I  always manage funk out at last minute. And now you have shamed me! So I guess I have to drag my 75 year old body to the tattoo parlor and get it done. I will just tell the wife that YOU made me do it! LOL

Hugs❤️
        Leslie

Anonymous

“The devil made me do it” is a good excuse for some things, Leslie; but you may blame me if it gets the job done. But that’s not a good comparison: nipples are shot through with nerve endings, while the external ear has very few. My piercings were almost painless, though I did have a bit of inflammation with the right ear for a time after.

BTW: I was also a pickle – twice. I was originally Army, and then the Air Force didn’t change me to camos until 1977.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Hi sally another yes on your side to get them done but like you say have that talk with the wife first .. Funny quick story  when i done mine was in my early thirtys  wanted to be the cool guy at work and half of Stephanies ears he he  so wife did it at home just piked a post diamond thru  went to work next day got some high fives then the boss came in saw it and had a fit about it he new nothing could be done so went home that night and wife had to go get groceries so found other diamond post looked in mirror placed pen mark on lobe set it in place pushed it in when wife got home she wasent happy at first but grew on her after a few days but he he boss at work was really pissed  but i didnt care i didnt like him anyhow ha ha lol..

Now im 59 and happy i did it ..

Stephanie

Do it! I got mine pierced last year and am so glad I did!

You’ll love it!

Hi Sally, I am in similar situation as you and am curious to know the thoughts of everyone at CDH as well. Thanks for asking the question.

SteffieC
      Duchess

I got my ears pierced at age 62 and I do not regret it at all. I have some nice studs and dangly earrings. I had no troubles with it and have had no negative comments from anyone.

Siobhan
      Lady

I am 50, and currently using clip-ons – as soon as I have been vaccinated and the stores have re-opened I’ll be getting my ears pierced.

Siobhan
        Lady

I am now booked in to get my ears pierced on Thursday afternoon

I will be booking my ASAP just waiting on my local piercing shop to have space to get me in.

Anonymous

Sally, my current age is 76. I have had my ears pierced for at least 15 years. I have had only positive comments about them. My ex wife let me get them pierced for fathers day one year and I still keep them open and wear pierce earnings most days.

Kathleen

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Girl, I am 49 as of last month, I love having them pierced.

I had my wife do it at home with a kit I got from Amazon. She got to “participate”, it sounds like your Mrs would enjoy this too.

I let her pierce mine last August while we were locked down here in CA.

I only walkaround without earrings in maybe one day a week now…

At work I wear little carbon fiber black studs, en femme, dangly shiny fun stuff…go wild!

XOXO

Rayna

YOLO Sally.

In my opinion age is a state of mind, you are only too old if YOU think you are.

Its your body, its your life, it’s your choice.

❤️Bianca

I got mine pierced at 48, and wearing pretty earrings is one of the highlights of my life! I have a whole rack of earrings now.

I had mine done about six months ago. I’m 52. I love it. Only thing, with my ears i have to have gold or my ears get irritated.

Bridgette

Of course, Bridgette!

Only a girl would say that! Accompanied by diamond encrustations no doubt!

lol Polly 💋💋💋🌞

I was 50+ when I got mine pierced a bit over a year ago, and have only ever gotten positive comments on them, except for the one lady who was a little freaked out by the pair that look like philips head screws.

Pierce your ears! Don’t wait, do it now! I wear both types of earrings and I have dangly ones and hoops for non-pierced ears! You won’t regret it! And… think of all the special occasions your wife will enjoy! She will have presents for the next decade sorted!

Pierced Polly! 💋💋💋

Ps… I’ve had my ears pierced for 35 years! I got both done at the same time because I didn’t know which side I should get pierced!

Well I have spoken with my wife about getting my ears pierced and she is all for it. Once the shops are open again I will be getting them done. To say I’m excited is an understatement lol. I can’t wait till I can have some nice hoops and dangle ones. Thank you all for you lovely comments and encouragement I appreciate it all.
      Love Sally ❤️❤️

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Sally,

YOLO Sweetie!!! If it’s on your bucket list then go for it.

I’m 58 and a late bloomer to this lifestyle.  I’m looking forward to having mine done once I feel comfortable being around people again.

Good Luck!!!

Robin

I will chime in with my view. Hopefully I’m not too late.

Go for it. It won’t really stand out especially if you go with a standard gauge. Try to have it done at a shop that uses needles instead of a gun.

I have multiple piercings in each ear, and they are a larger guage (12s in the lobes and cartilage, 14s in the daith and tragus). I had 8 in each ear at one point but removed some.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Go for it.

I did pierce mine at 54 and was a bit nervous about what people would say so I had a pile of excuses ready as a reply to defend my self. When the first comment came I had no answer because it was down the lines of “that looks great” so I had to come up with some thank you replies also.

/kt

Anonymous

[quote quote=464134]The starter studs in my ear piercing kit that had a gun weren’t blunt. They have a point and are fairly sharp…[/quote]
      I agree! I did my ears myself with a kit from Amazon. It was painless, fast and I have had no problems. Love them!

Hi Sally im 59 and am getting mine pierced as soon as things open again. I have many sets of earrings since my wife passed away as i got all of hers. Im going to have it done professionally tho so i can gey a rose tattoo at same time.

Rose Hill
      Duchess - Annual

I’m turning 60 next month, had my left ear pierced over 40 years ago, decided to get the other one pierced at Christmas 2 years go so I didn’t have to wear clip on earrings anymore.I have  diamond studs (my birthstone) garnets (wife’s birthstone) And multiple sized hoops that I wear all the time no matter what mode I am in.

Rose

I think I’m going to get my ears done for my birthday! Happy birthday to me!

-SR-

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve been thinking about this quite some time now.  Half of me says “aw, you’re too old for that young girl stuff”.

The other half of me tells the first half to shut up! 😁

I was 56 when I did mine. Only 2 people even noticed.  Coworker and my Mom. Wife didn’t even notice until I told her. Best thing I ever did.  Now wear hoops daily. About the size of a quarter.?Even in guy mode.

Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with getting ears pierced I am 48 and have two holes in each ear at one time I had five holes in each earbuds Kimberly

Hi Sally,

Best start saving for those pretty earrings.  You’ll have a bigger choice of options with pierced ears.

Alice

[postquote quote=463814]
      Well I’m a happy girl yesterday I got my ears pierced and I’m so glad I did it. Just got to wait for them to heal then I’m off shopping for some nice new earrings. 😀😀

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Congrats Sally!!! Have a great time picking out your earrings and enjoy so much wearing them and showing them off.
        Sandy

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Sally, I got my ears pierced last December. Dont regret it at all.  I am 58.m  Hugs Pru

I love seeing my newly pierced ears they look so cute even my wife loves them . She was the first to tell me how cute my ears look. I have already started to look for new earrings.

love sally

It’s so funny that this just popped up for me. I JUST got my ears pierced today. Don’t let your age be any kind of factor. You be you. Getting them pierced as a teen, you would still have pierced ears at 46 if you didn’t let them close up. In fact, don’t let your age deter you from anything. Wear an extremely short mini skirt, pierce your ears, wear a romper. Whatever you do, do it with style. I’m 49 years old. Nobody that sees my pierced ears knows that I just had them done unless they have already known me. I’m so happy that I did it and I can’t wait to wear some hoops or dangly jewelry!

Isn’t it better too have them done with a piercing gun rather than a needle?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Great article’s it’s has given me a lot too think about. I appreciate the info it will make the decision a lot easier.

sally.

WOW Celeste! A plethora of great knowledge and food for thought. Thanks for sharing. The choice is clear which method I will use to get my ears pierced when the time comes.

I had mine done professionally, and still had a long time healing. Also found my ears don’t seem to like at least some grades of stainless steel, they want gold or they get irritated.

Anonymous

Two years ago ❤

I can’t wait I already have my eyes on some new earrings I will be getting. Both me and my wife have been looking at lots of new jewellery it will be fun for us both to get dressed up and put on some nice new jewellery and earrings.

June!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

You are right Gen.  Gotta stop arguing with myself….. a bad trait of some Geminis, lol.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Okay Samantha, we’re both June babies so let’s make this a pact!  It does give us a bit of time still…. 😁

Sounds like a plan!

-SR-

Well…..I pulled the trigger! I have two new holes in my head! lmao!!

-SR-

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While I didn’t do it on my bday I did it just a few days later and my bday is in june so I’m kind of ahead of you with about 2 years 🙂

/kt

Good philosophy to live by.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Dang, beat me to it.  Those two holes in your head, eh?  – I do hope it’s one in each ear! 😅

Congratulations!!

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?