Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies,

Maybe some can relate to what I have to say about getting older. Yes, we get more wrinkles, gain weight, high heels can now be a challenge, or simply not possible to wear.

I went on a 10 year hiatus from being Heather, largely in part of serious medical issues, including MS. I have mobility issues now and have gained weight, etc. but have been thinking about other changes that I’m viewing as positives: My testosterone level has really decreased, which has consequences in the intimate sex department, but I have lost most of the hair on my legs, body hair is thinning and between a combination of that, male menopause, and gaining weight, I have boobs! Now the challenge is to lose weight, (which is slowly happening), and still having “the girls upstairs”. I’m still looking into options in that department.

The other thing that has happened in getting older is that I really don’t care as much what people think, unless they are very close to me. Yes, there are things I don’t care for about getting older, but everyone ages and I’m just trying to look on the bright side.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Heather

Anonymous

I agree now that I am retired and older I find that I’m happier and more satisfied with life. I’m divorced, empty nester and I’m happier being single and not being in any relationship. I dress when I want, which is most of the time, buy what I want and I am the master of my own remote control. Each stage of my life has been filled with interesting stories, some great and some horrible. But this stage right now is wonderful. I had covid-19 in June, wasn’t too bad with only a fever for two nights, tired beyond belief for 7 days but lost my sense of smell and taste which hasn’t returned. I know I was fortunate in that I have had worse colds and I didn’t die. With the smell and taste gone food is boring and bland and I have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and still losing. That I can live with. I’m debt free and was able to send my daughters to college and pay for that and provide them with a paid off car too. So I get to be happy for them not being in debt while starting their life. I do know that over time my health will change but right now I have no underlying issues. I have a tremendous amount of freedom in my life and I’m blessed beyond measure.

Carla

Carla, I’m sorry to hear you contracted Covid but so glad you mostly recovered. Getting older certainly has its challenges, but can be rewarding as well.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

I’m in my 60”s  ouch!!!! . And  have just in the pass couple of years open my hidden feelings of crossdressing  to which I haven’t experience since back in my late teens. Society’s ways certainly helped  as an a early marriage so my dreams of experiencing my femininity was gone. But life’s changes helped to explore this and now at my age I’m getting more comfortable and don’t care about others and their reactions. I wished I had my youthful appearance back when as it would be so much fun to pass with little effort but now opps!! Let’s just say we need to work on sanding down the rust and let the shine show. A major work in progress and likely never to what we would want but I feel let’s do our best and make us feel great inside. This Will help to what we see in a mirror. Never perfect but comfy in mind and never too late to the experiences and our goal of happiness on a journey of amazing challenges.  I’m more at peace and as I’m getting older never for a moment do I regret. Living a dream that I’ve always wanted, one of nearly a lifetime

Stephanie 🌹

Well said Stephanie!

Hi Heather your girlfriend Stephanie no worries about a rant . You are so sweet and with a wife who supports you in your medical issues and Heather mode you got it going on girlfriend. I have had some medical issues my self and have struggled thru them as heart attack three stints put in and type two diabetes and like you im now starting to be more like the Stephanie that I need to be we have talked a bit and I wouldn’t trade our friendship for all the tea in china and im sorry if any girls here think im picking on china im not but no rant today girlfriend just love for you thanks

Stephanie

Hi Steph!

Yes, getting older is not for the faint of heart. Thank you for the compliment, but the last few years have taken their toll.

I’m glad you are in reasonably good health now!

Thank you so much for your friendship.

Heather

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thanks Heather,  I to am starting to care less and less about others finding out about Sandy.  My upcoming apt at Ulta to do my hair and hopefully getting advice on my hair will be all I am hoping for.  It is scheduled to celebrate my 66 th birthday.  I am thinking I will deal with family and coworkers who do find out about my CD as thy come,  and maybe tell a few as I feel I can.

Anonymous

As I age, I gain a self acceptance that I didn’t have when I was younger. I seem to have shed a lifetime of guilt and shame. I have some goals, some pictures in my mind of what I would like to achieve. I am caring less about what people think, but not where I would love to be, but I am working on it. I am often grateful for the bumpy road of the past even the painful moments. I will be 60 in October. It’s never to late to be a woman!

I’m right there with you, turning 60 in November and feel very much the same way.

The trouble with so many is retirement is the time to sit back and not do anything but watch TV and vegatate. That’s the worst thing to do, I retired for the second time at eighty from A job I truly loved where I worked with many young people as well getting lots of exercise and fresh air. I still have more than enough time to dress in fem mode and living in the woods with no neighbors prying eyes I can wear what I like when outdoors. But at eighty one I still keep active chopping wood and taking care all the chores around the place. I like to hang out with the younger crowd that don’t complain about all the pains they have and talk about who died last week. If I want to go shopping all we have to do is jump in the car and travel to some place that has nice stores and shops and spend A day of two just having fun with no schedule to keep, just doing what we please. To those getting up there turn off that TV and get out and stay active it will keep you going A lot longer and you will find A happier and longer life, it works for my wife and I

Anonymous

Hi Heather,

No rant there; many of us here are in the same boat – myself for sure, except my medical problem was a quad heart bypass instead of MS.  As the need to Dress increases, so will concern about the opinions of others decrease; and it will become fairly easy to act on your desires.  Been there, done that, and having a good time with it.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Anonymous

Hey, Sandy,

I had my first perm at Ulta three months ago, and they found the perfect look for me.  And it was a fun experience.

Heather,

I can totally relate.  I had to put my CDing on hiatus for several years due to medical issues as well; with upteen million hospital visits and appointments, transforming into Wendy as the last thing on my mind.  Don’t get me wrong, I did miss it, but I just didn’t have the time nor was I in the mood to dress up at all.

Now that I’ve had proper treatment several years back, it has stabilized my health that I can enjoy being Wendy again.

And I do agree, getting older means you care alot less about what people think.  In my early years, I had a college classmate who was older in age and he told me the older you get, the less you care about people’s thoughts.  Being young at that time I did not understand that.  Now that I am up in age, I do get what he is saying.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?