Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello  everyone,

I’m trying to grow out my hair long. Can anyone suggest what kind of conditioner do I use?   And also how to get things started in this community in general.

Thanks

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

Hi, Honey depends on hair type whether it is greasy dry etc.   It is a matter of trial and error to find the one that suits you

My hair is naturally straight. With a slight kink in the front. It does not get greasy at all. Just gets a little frizzy after a day of training or something like that.  How many times a week should I be aiming to use it for making any progress?

Clo Reilly
          Baroness

Eleanor is right you may have to try a few to get the one you like. I like L’Oréal Elvive total repair. It’s in a big black bottle and leaves my hair silky smooth and smells amazing. Smells like I just left the hairdressers.
          I only apply the conditioner in the ends of my hair not the roots, from around my ears down and leave it in for a few minutes. I usually do all my other shower business while the conditioner is in then rinse.

Hi Sophie. The easy way to understand how best to get the look and and how care for your hair is talk to the professional that does your hair. I finally got the courage to go to a solon and tell them i wanted to grow out my hair and told her the style i wanted and i simply asked what products she would recommend.That is a good start. You can adjust it to meet your personal situation. Getting started in the community is easy. I would read others post and articles and get comfortable that you are in the right place with like minded people. Then sit back and relax by sharing a few thoughts.Enjoy luv Stephanie.

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Dear Sophie,

As a GG and a Hairstylist, I always recommend that good hair starts from within.  Drink plenty of water, eat veggies, try not to stress or find healthy way to alleviate it.  Also, you can try vitamins… https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-vitamins-hair-growth

Contrary to what most people do… use a conditioner on your entire scalp and hair. Shampoo depletes and washes aways all your natural oils, and you want to put them back in. You want to let the conditioner sit for 2-5 minutes to give it time to absorb back in, then rinse well. Most of the time when someone’s hair feel heavy, oily or greasy after conditioning is because they are using the wrong one for their hair or didn’t properly rinse it away. If you ask an esthetician how to deal with acne or oily skin, I promise you they will have their clients moisturizing their skin, your scalp is no different. Moisturize it!

Another contrary to what people say or do…. Wash your hair as much as you need, find your own pattern and play attention to you scalp and hair needs. When you are using the right products on your hair, it’s absolutely safe to wash your hair once a day, but then again, not everyone needs to wash it daily. I wash my hair every other, sometimes every third. I can’t go past 4 otherwise my hair looks greasy and lifeless and while there are products that can help with that, I prefer to clean my hair. There are many reason why some decide to wash their hair only 1-3 times a week, mostly so they don’t have to blowdry it from wet everyday, quicker morning routine.

BUT… with the Pandemic going on, I absolutely recommend washing your hair and the rest of you, when you get back home after being out. Don’t spread the germs throughout your whole household and bed.

Here is the types of products I think everyone should have…

1. Shampoo and Conditioner for your hair type

2. Hair Mask/Treatment or Deep Conditioner: Used once a week or every other

3. Clarifying Shampoo: Used before you do a Mask

4. Leave-in Conditioner: Optional, if you ends feel dry or if you have curly or frizzy hair or your hair is prone to tangle

5. Styling Products: Depends on your hair type and needs

Hope that helps.

-Gwenn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?