- June 20, 2022 at 7:19 pm #654546Marissa ParksParticipantRegistered On: June 19, 2022Topics: 7Replies: 8Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 72 times
Do any girls here have friends that have offered to help with makeup etc? or have you ever felt like asking them?
This is more of a hypothetical for me for a couple of reasons:
1) I have only dressed at home and not even dabbled with makeup yet (well, not til next week)
2) Any GG friends that I have are mutual friends with my wife
It is a shame really, as there are 2 or 3 that I think would help me in a heartbeat and would have fun with it, but like I said, being mutual friends it isn’t going to happen.
- June 26, 2022 at 8:26 pm #658730Jasmine BaileyLadyRegistered On: June 10, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 38 times
My therapist is a GG and she is the only person who knows about Jasmine. She has offered to help me with makeup sometime, I’m planning to take her up on it😍
- June 22, 2022 at 6:03 am #654954Stephanie LakeLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 59Has thanked: 366 timesBeen thanked: 424 times
I have one GG friend that knows I’m a CD. I mentioned wanting to learn how to do makeup and the videos I’ve just confuse me. She said, “When you figure it out, let me know.” She basically just wears lipstick and light eye shadow, so she’s no help. At lest in the makeup area.
- June 21, 2022 at 3:23 pm #654750RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 378Has thanked: 895 timesBeen thanked: 1413 times
- June 21, 2022 at 12:45 pm #654703Kim DahlenbergenLadyRegistered On: November 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 122Has thanked: 78 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
Yes, in fact I did a FaceTime makeup sessions with a very close GG friend just a few days after I came out. She was a theatre arts minor and had considerable experience in theatrical makeup, besides her major in pre-med. She has become a go-to guide on all subjects to do with skin care and makeup.
- June 21, 2022 at 9:14 am #654654Lauren MugnaiaRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 168Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 851 times
- June 21, 2022 at 8:05 am #654635CelesteCDLadyRegistered On: April 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 86Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
- June 21, 2022 at 10:14 am #654672Marissa ParksLadyRegistered On: June 19, 2022Topics: 7Replies: 8Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 72 times
Yes it’s tricky alright lol
I don’t know about you, but I find it hard to make new friends the older I get. I wonder if there is any kind of platonic friend site like a dating site? The mutual friend bit is quite frustrating as a couple of them are really girlie girls which my wife isn’t.
- June 21, 2022 at 7:44 am #654630Smartina FonteynDuchessRegistered On: December 14, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 39Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
Makeup is something you have to learn, and it’s a funny subject in that women do have this expectation to do at least the basics themselves, but at least where I am there is a lot of call for professional help with elaborate makeup for big occasions. The best I can compare it to is painting a model plane or something. You need a steady hand and it takes practice to look good. I am about halfway here, for instance I can now draw a pretty decent eyebrow with a pencil, but black eyeliner is still a mess, so my hair stylist will wait for me to do my own concealer, foundation, eyebrow, eye shadow, blush and lipstick and then do my eyeliner and usually add fake eyelashes, another thing I still don’t do well myself, although I have now more or less got to grips with mascara. It was interesting for me to download a makeup app on my iPad which gave me a lot of the basics also.
- June 21, 2022 at 5:52 am #654609Venus EnvyLadyRegistered On: April 9, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 23Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
I consider these women friends now even though they are professionals
At least advice from my spa lady
My hair stylist is working with me going to longer and more feminine hair. There’s always time devoted to how to style it.
Every little bit counts
- June 21, 2022 at 4:56 am #654604Gina SinclairLadyRegistered On: December 21, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
- June 21, 2022 at 4:45 am #654603Barbie SatinLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 178Has thanked: 405 timesBeen thanked: 551 times
I have had three GG’s play makeup artist with me. One was my boss. I usually did my own make up but she would help me before photo shoots. One was a woman I was dating and the third a live in GG girlfriend who wanted me in makeup and dressed constantly to the point I needed a break.
My pro makeovers all were done by a man from Baltimore.
- June 21, 2022 at 3:51 am #654589Michelle SmithLadyRegistered On: March 22, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
- June 20, 2022 at 11:13 pm #654567Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 115Replies: 1025Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4054 times
I guess I’m a bit of a “Hybrid”…. I have two “MUA’s” who I regard as friends, but they charge me to do a professional make over. Happy to pay as they do an great job. Altho’ one in particular did a full make up video for me and did not charge me for it
The other did my make up and hair and accompanied me on my first dining out night as Caty and I paid for the dinner… Is that a “50/50????
- June 20, 2022 at 10:09 pm #654558Jane MansfieldLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 254Has thanked: 421 timesBeen thanked: 891 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.