- No89.23%58 votes
- Yes10.77%7 votes
- July 16, 2021 at 12:49 pm #518465LisaTParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 71Replies: 885Has thanked: 886 timesBeen thanked: 4418 times
Gillian Anderson has joined a ladies rebellion against the wearing of bras declaring them uncomfortable and swearing her nipples can drop to her knees before she will wear a bra again. Thousands have joined an on line petition against bras.
If all the genetic girls give up their bras will you or will you continue to wear a bra anyway.
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: All topics with a poll should be posted in the CDH Polls forum
- July 17, 2021 at 12:04 pm #518940LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 71Replies: 885Has thanked: 886 timesBeen thanked: 4418 times
I’m closing this poll now it’s been fun. As expected most of us would keep our bras even if the majority of ladies abandoned theirs.
Of course it’s not going to happen. 21,000 is an insignificant number of women but it does illustrate the effect of celebrity and social media combining.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by LisaT.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 17, 2021 at 11:47 am #518936GailLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2016Topics: 7Replies: 63Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 369 times
- July 17, 2021 at 10:43 am #518913Holly GoodrichLadyRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 176Has thanked: 491 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
- July 17, 2021 at 9:03 am #518887Falecia McGuireLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 168Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 942 times
Like most of you there is no there without a bra. So the answer is no! But, in recent years the exhilaration I feel while dressing has seemed to make my nipple more sensitive in a good way. The gentle rubbing against silky fabric is kind of a turn on. As a man who appreciates women, I’ve always been a leg-man. A slender agile body is very attractive even with minimal breasts. Some of my own outfits look equally feminine with or without inserts. Years ago, I’d found a tightly fitting bra with very small (maybe A) cups. I was pretty slender then and had the hourglass thing working pretty well. It made me look like I was an ingenue without any inserts. I have somehow lost track of that bra; it’s either in a box somewhere or I donated it. That alone is why I don’t purge anymore! So, while I won’t give up my bras, I won’t rely on them for my feminine fix.
- July 17, 2021 at 8:00 am #518874Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1005Has thanked: 6859 timesBeen thanked: 4205 times
- July 17, 2021 at 4:30 am #518797Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1708Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 4793 times
- July 17, 2021 at 4:15 am #518792Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 55Replies: 1403Has thanked: 6096 timesBeen thanked: 7128 times
I need to add on that in all honesty, I envy the GG’s for not needing to wear a bra to feel feminine, or to keep their boobs from falling off. I would enjoy that ability. Yes, I would still wear my bras – I love them – but having the freedom of the option to go braless would be nice at times too.
- July 17, 2021 at 3:41 am #518786Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 299Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 1135 times
Does a control vest count?
As a single woman, when I dress I dress for the day and would rather have comfort than glamour when staying at home.
They keep your femininity in place with plenty of wobble and boy them nipples look good 🙂
- July 17, 2021 at 2:54 am #518777Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 1193Has thanked: 13692 timesBeen thanked: 5394 times
- July 17, 2021 at 2:39 am #518774Diane RakersBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 772Has thanked: 1308 timesBeen thanked: 2603 times
What is it with these cis women?
Ladies, wearing a bra transforms me from Mister Boring to Ms I’m Trying. The tightness around my chest is a hug welcoming into the community of women.
How does it make me feel? I LOVE it!
Love to all,
- July 17, 2021 at 9:35 am #518898
- July 16, 2021 at 11:24 pm #518736Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 356Has thanked: 279 timesBeen thanked: 1415 times
Last year I joined a good cause and donated many of my bra’s to a charity in Gambia and other places in Africa for women and girls who needed underwear etc.. ‘’ Your Smalls Appeal’’ is just one of these chanties and take unwanted Bras and underwear as donations and help in a little way. In my small sea side town we have a little walkway bridge over a river and the team set up washing lines along both sided of the bridge where people pined their donations on … at the end of the day it was a wonderful spectacle to see the number of bras of all colours and styles hanging there which had been donated !
The ethos of the charity was that in many areas women who did not wear bras were seen as ‘available’ to the male population, but those who wore bras were above this. also helping poor and disadvantaged young women who have no access to garments or sanitary products.
So – in answer to the above question, like many others on here I use my bra to hold my forms and wouldn’t be without it, but when I have surplus to my requirements then I donate them to help others.
- July 16, 2021 at 11:20 pm #518735Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 137Has thanked: 5955 timesBeen thanked: 629 times
Females can do what they like ,but it would be a great shame I love to see glimpses of their bras be it at the front or the outline at the back especially if the material of say the blouse is quite see though,I also like to see a straps showing ,one thing I know I am NOT going to Burn My Bras . Michelle xx
- July 16, 2021 at 9:32 pm #518712Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 499Replies: 1817Has thanked: 8292 timesBeen thanked: 7410 times
Online petition against bras?
That’ll gain a lot of traction…🙄
If ya don’t wanna wear one then don’t. Online petition, seriously?
Think they already tried this once around the end of the 1960s…
Can’t honestly say I necessarily always absolutely love wearing a bra but mine aren’t going anywhere.
- July 16, 2021 at 8:00 pm #518674Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 55Replies: 1403Has thanked: 6096 timesBeen thanked: 7128 times
My brain stopped at ” nipples can drop to her knees “. 😮
Thing is I don’t just need a bra to hold my boobs in, I need them to hold them on! And, I like my bras.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Stevie Steiner.
- July 16, 2021 at 7:54 pm #518673Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1452Has thanked: 4164 timesBeen thanked: 4272 times
- July 16, 2021 at 7:17 pm #518655Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 120Has thanked: 96 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
Requal will never, never, never give up wearing a bra. It defines her feminine appearance. I think she will hang onto all her bras from now on: just incase they disappear (don’t think so thought). Truly a female asset.
- July 16, 2021 at 7:09 pm #518653Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 48Replies: 1673Has thanked: 8436 timesBeen thanked: 4586 times
As with others, I’m not growing real ones so I need something to hold the ones I do have. And, some of my bras are very pretty garments as well.
- July 16, 2021 at 5:24 pm #518579Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 19Replies: 264Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 780 times
- July 17, 2021 at 9:32 am #518894
- July 16, 2021 at 5:11 pm #518568Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 90Replies: 884Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3119 times
A bra to me is the most feminine of all garments make or female. Good Lord, so many women these days wear “mens” clothes their mothers would not be seen dead in eg jeans instead of skirts, “shirts” instead of “blouses”, “Doc Martens” instead of heels.
Thus given my (advanced) age and my wish to emulate women of style and class, I a/. will keep all my bras and b/. like others have stated, my breast forms would suffer “nuclear fallout” without them.
- July 16, 2021 at 5:45 pm #518591
- July 16, 2021 at 4:48 pm #518556Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 234Replies: 200Has thanked: 176 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
If that would ever ended up happening, I think it would be a similar situation as it is with girdles and similar devices.
Younger CDs would not be interested in bras. Older CDs would go to lengths in order to find those vintage bras.
However, different than the girdle, which main purpose is of cosmetic nature, bras provide the much needed support to many women, so very unlikely they would go the way of the girdle. (Yes, I know some ladies wore them/wear them after giving birth, or some surgeries, but the chances of them becoming mainstream garments… not many)
- July 16, 2021 at 4:44 pm #518554Alicia SunriseLadyRegistered On: June 3, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 37 times
- July 16, 2021 at 3:57 pm #518532DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6054 times
- July 16, 2021 at 3:37 pm #518524
- July 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm #518511Tina QLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 100Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 565 times
- July 16, 2021 at 3:12 pm #518508DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6054 times
- July 16, 2021 at 2:44 pm #518499Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 1777Has thanked: 10092 timesBeen thanked: 6971 times
Nope keeping mine. Would be interesting to find out if this new fashion rebellion of bras is limited to the size of busts,i.e what percentage of small busted women to large heavier busted women. Bras were designed for support the by product was obviously the shape this support gave. Young firm breast can support themselves in younger years, where as large heavy breast tend to hang lower because of the mass. Will be interesting to see how long this fashion survives the breast gravity test and look over time and what if any is there any medical problems or benefits.
Not tucking my forms into my skirt waist band Amanda xx
- July 16, 2021 at 3:56 pm #518531
- July 16, 2021 at 2:37 pm #518496Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 261Has thanked: 477 timesBeen thanked: 1336 times
- July 16, 2021 at 2:13 pm #518488Holly GoodrichLadyRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 176Has thanked: 491 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
- July 16, 2021 at 1:49 pm #518480Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2305Has thanked: 8245 timesBeen thanked: 12982 times
Gillian Anderson, oh gosh.
I’m an X file groupie….and it’s not because of David Duchovny!!!
but i wouldn’t care if my forms were rivetted to my chest….I would not change a thing…..I LOVE my bras…..no way José!!!!
( I would care if my nipples hit my knees….my forms would be in the top of my boots!!!! )
- July 16, 2021 at 1:32 pm #518476GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1494Has thanked: 12597 timesBeen thanked: 6188 times
- July 16, 2021 at 12:57 pm #518467GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1494Has thanked: 12597 timesBeen thanked: 6188 times
- The topic ‘Gillian Anderson bra less’ is closed to new replies.