- December 26, 2020 at 2:23 pm #423441Alexis ReneParticipantRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 11Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
So being 6’2″ tall in bare feet, putting on a 5-6″ heel has me towering over everyone everywhere! We all know that the higher the heel, the sexier the gam ! And it’s great in crowds and concerts ! I have long thin legs that look great in heels, but 6’7″ is unrealistic for a woman. Granted there are many tall women out there, but how often do you run into an Amazon at over 6-1/2′ at Target ? Not too often. So, do I forgo the stilettos and go flats or sneakers or rock the heels and worry about how high I am ?( and I am very proficient at rockin’ heels) ! Any one else out there in this dilemma ?
- December 28, 2020 at 8:25 pm #424422Stephanie HayesLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 64Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 152 times
Hi Really High, I’m Dad. In all seriousness, a 6″ heel does not translate to a 6″ gain in height. The human ankle does not hinge from the extreme end of the foot, the hinge position is about 1/3 of the foot length, so the height increase would be at most 2/3 of the heel height. As an example, I am 6’3″ tall, and tonight I am wearing 6″ stiletto heels with a 2″ platform. Using my tape measure, I am measuring at most 6’6″. You can typically only expect a 2-3″ bump in height from most heels, possibly more if they have a platform. (also platforms are typically more comfortable because they absorb more of the impact from walking)
- December 28, 2020 at 8:16 pm #424419BethLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 78Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 309 times
I am 6’ and wear a 12M in ladies shoes. I have a pair with a 4” heel, and a couple pairs with 2.5” heels. My favorite pair are only .5” inch, but are so comfortable and easy to walk in. (And sexy!) Hats off to you tall gals in the high heels!
- December 28, 2020 at 7:21 pm #424400Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 135Has thanked: 535 timesBeen thanked: 500 times
6’2″ here, with shoe size 13, so heels have never been easy, especially with my lack of motor skills. heels do make me stand out!
- December 28, 2020 at 1:04 pm #424280Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3718 times
I am 6′ 4″, and I love my 3″ heels.
I find that 6′ 7″ is an ideal height – very few will challenge you or be outwardly rude!
There is no such thing as “too” anything, except “Too Donald Trump”, or “too narrow minded”.
There’s probably other stuff, but when it comes to fashion, what I am saying is, you’re the boss.
- December 28, 2020 at 4:06 am #424071Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 427Has thanked: 1833 timesBeen thanked: 1980 times
Every time I see this thread it reminds me how happy I am to be 5’7″ now whereas it was previously a lifelong wish of mine to be over 6′. I was always keenly aware of how my height narrowed my dating choices to girls that didn’t need a man to be tall.
- December 27, 2020 at 5:56 pm #423966Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 192Has thanked: 1153 timesBeen thanked: 1098 times
im 5′ 11″ without heels. i like to wear 4″ heels. that puts me up there. i have great legs and love to show them off. i give them someone to look up too. i seen a real girl that was over 6′ 4″ without heels. wow i bet she had some great legs. couldnt stop looking at her. thinking i’d like to have them wrapped around me. guess i got a thing for amazons.
- December 27, 2020 at 4:39 pm #423930Vin EdgarLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 4Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
I’m 6’4″ and I don’t own any heels lower than 4″…however I’ve only left the house a couple of times in them since like you said, a 6’7″ girl is pretty conspicuous. But-if I was more passable I would rock the hell out of those heels in public. If you feel good in them, I say flaunt them!
- December 27, 2020 at 1:00 am #423594Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1421Has thanked: 6631 timesBeen thanked: 7899 times
Hi…I’m with Amy…5 ft 8….I don’t have a problem, but I honestly think if I was taller, I wouldn’t change a thing….no heels are dictating to me, I tell THEM ” come on girls, we’re going walkies”….
- December 27, 2020 at 11:26 pm #424014stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1361Has thanked: 1997 timesBeen thanked: 5867 times
I did tell my modest 3″ Court shoes, a few times “come on girls we’re going walkies” with 2poos. On a hard path they obeyed me. But stepping off into soft grasslands they dug their heels in and refused to budge. Even on a hard path – if it was rough ground – it didn’t do them much good. The heel breaks off eventually due to too much stumbling around. I broke two pairs.
Now it has to be flats(I hate them- not femme enough), pink girlie trainers (not keen), three inch wedges or chunky heeled shoes or better still 3″ heeled chunky “stableplatform” ankle boots. Now your talking!
I had to avoid stilettoes- they left pock marks in the cheap laminate flooring we had one time.(watch out girls – it’s a giveaway what you’ve been up to when wifies at work.) So I replaced the floor with expensive diamond-hard posh laminate!
- December 26, 2020 at 10:52 pm #423570Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1361Has thanked: 1997 timesBeen thanked: 5867 times
In comparison to you I am not much taller than a Hobbit. So you tall girls stand head and shoulders above me, and no heels tall enough exist that will let me look you in the eye. All I can do is look up to you.
But if I was in your elevated position I would wear whatever height of heels made my legs sing, make me feel sexy , and keep my head in the Pink clouds.
Stephanie Baggins 👠
- December 26, 2020 at 8:49 pm #423544Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 798Has thanked: 3882 timesBeen thanked: 4236 times
Yo Alexis, I’m pretty high myself sister ….
Oh, height…. right. Lol
I have to say my limited shoe collection is limited to 3″ heels or 2″ wedges. Time to expand on that now I guess. At 6’4″ I have hit my head enough in life. I’d love to wear Stevie Nick’s type platform boots (😍) but I need to keep grounded in reality a little bit!!
- December 26, 2020 at 5:07 pm #423493michaela janeLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 223Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 472 times
I am 6’3″ and keep my heels low, max 2″. The limiting factor for me is my ceiling fans. Anything over 2″ could leave me looking like an opened boiled egg! 😉😁
- December 26, 2020 at 3:26 pm #423471Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 49Replies: 113Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 394 times
I’m 6′-4″ and I wear 3-4″ heels. So my goal is not to pass, that is not going to happen. My goal is to wear the things that I enjoy wearing. Also, the bigger the shoe size, the taller the heel is to keep the same proportions. I wonder if us tall girls should have a disclaimer…”I am not responsible for any problems you are having with your neck”.
- December 28, 2020 at 1:07 pm #424281
- December 26, 2020 at 3:01 pm #423455Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1148Has thanked: 3136 timesBeen thanked: 2998 times
If you mean am I too tall to wear heels and not cause a lot of looks, then the answer is no. I’m about 5′ 8″, and at one time wished I was taller, now I’m just as happy I am the height I am. So I do like to wear heels of some kind when I’m out. I keep the modest most times, as I like to dress to fit in at the better dressed end of the scale, which means no 4″ stilettos at any malls I frequent!
I do have good legs, so do also dress to show them off a bit.
- December 26, 2020 at 2:40 pm #423447Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2324 times
- December 26, 2020 at 2:30 pm #423442Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 427Has thanked: 1833 timesBeen thanked: 1980 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.