Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi Ladies,
      Next week my husband and I are planning on our first shopping adventure. He will be dressed in male mode but we are shopping for all things girly. I want to make sure our first time shopping together is a success and would like any advice or tips on how to ensure it will be a good experience for us both. I’m anticipating that he will be quiet and reserved this first time and I’d like to know how I can make him feel as comfortable as possible.
      Thanks,
      Betty

All i can say Betty is you are one in a million.

When you and your hubby go shopping for women’s clothes for him. OWN IT

My wife has shopped with me and somehow thinks the sales ladies don’t know

we are shopping for me.

I am grateful my wife is tolerant of my dressing but your SO won the jackpot

with you. I hope both of you have a blast shopping for ladies wear

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Going shopping like this can be such a high for your SO, but it can so easily turn into a nightmare and that is about 95% in your so’s head. I know I sooooooooo much wanted someone to go with me to shop for makeup, i was too afraid to shop bra’s and panties. For me I started with dresses and skirts and leggings. What might work for you is to make a plan, get a list of things to shop for. Maybe you could start with nice tops and a dress, if that goes well move on to pantyhose or shape wear. Just be aware every step how your SO is doing and if she seems over stressed back off. Maybe stop for a coffee or walk to a different store or another part of the store till your SO is ready. Slow and steady should get you both to were you want to go.

Best of luck to you both
      Cassie

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Betty do you have a twin living in SoCal?

My most relaxed shopping experiences have been at small boutiques where the service is top notch.

If it were me, I’d want to be dressed in casual girl clothes and light makeup.  Just a thought.

E.

Dear Betty,

Your husband is truly lucky to have you in his corner! As Emily said, try local boutiques. The first time my wife took me shopping, we went to a boutique just a few minutes from our house. The girls there were outstanding in every way, including, making me feel comfortable about my cross dressing. One of them even helped me with trying on some nighties (no hanky-panky, she was VERY professional) in the changing room.

My wife has also taken me for pedicures with her and I found that to be fun and relaxing. What kinds of things does your husband want/need? Maybe make your plans around that?

Again, you’re a great wife to your lucky husband. I’m guessing he must really appreciate all your support and love. That’s how I feel about my wife.

Hugs, Jill

It’s great your both going shopping together for things for him. My wife and I have done things a few times and at first is was a little confusing and that’s why she suggested I have a cd name as we were shopping for both of us. I would hold something up to show her and say “ I think Ashley would like this”. This way she knew if it was meant for me or her.

I agree with Emily and would like to be wearing maybe woman’s jeans and top and some light makeup and perfume as long as your ok with being out with hubby dressed like this.  The sales associates are normally great when knowing your shopping for femme things so if your both up to it let them know.

Betty –

There have been a couple times that my wife and i have been out shopping and she has asked if I thought Suzanne would like something.  As Ashley said you can always ask if (her name) would like something without revealing that it is for your SO.  One time we were at a flea market that had permanent booths and one of them was selling wigs.  My wife talked to the lady at the booth saying her girlfriend was looking for a wig and asked questions about them.  We wound up buying one for Suzanne and she even managed to talk the lady into selling one of the foam heads for it.  Another time we were shopping and as we passed the make up section she stopped and started picking out make up for Suzanne.  Another was at a street fair with vendors selling jewelry.  At one booth she saw a pair of earrings with heels which were very pretty and she asked if Suzanne would like them, I told her I thought she would.  We didn’t buy them but we did buy Suzanne a bracelet at another vendor.  We also go for mani-pedi’s together every couple months, when it isn’t sandal season I get my toes painted and she helps me pick out the color.

I hope you have a good time shopping together, your SO is very lucky.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous

No advice or tips. Just, “Thanks.”

Anonymous

Ladies,
      These are all wonderful suggestions! I love the idea of using the femme name to differentiate who the item would be for. I’ll make sure to use the line “do you think Michayla would like this?”

Taking breaks and going for some specific items is also very helpful.

I want to be supportive without coming across as pushing her to get something or try something on. I think she is going to have a hard time actively participating in pointing things out and may just get overwhelmed and shut down. It will be a challenge for her to feel comfortable for fear of pushing me too much. That said, she is excited to be going out and I feel this is a step that we are ready for and will build her confidence and trust in my support.

Support is a tricky one that has a finesse to it. It means I want to accept all parts of my husband within what is comfortable for the both of us. My very best girlfriend calls this “guide rails” and she is spot on. It’s like having just the right amount of the pink fog 🙂

Thanks for the kind words and very helpful advice,
      Betty

This date has all the makings of being a beautiful bonding experience. I have high hopes that it meets expectations!

Becka
      Lady

That is so cool you are doing this with him. Haven’t read any of the responses yet so if I’m redundant I apologize.

Make she he knows this is for him. Ask him if he has any favorite colors or patterns he’s seen or thought of on others that he would like to try. (she).

Give him advice on how womens clothes differ, even if they are the same size! 🙂

Help him develop his own style (I guess is what it all comes down to). I like to notice what other women are wearing and think “I’d love to have an outfit like that”, so encourage him to do this. Not only while shopping, but in general.

Hope this helps in some way and hope you have (had) fun!

Davina
      Lady

This is truly wonderful! Thank you for this for him! I hope it is a wonderful experience!

I saw that she will be DRAB during the adventure. I’d suggest encouraging her to underdress in the best lingerie she has that won’t be obvious (bra lines etc…). This might help her get “in the mood”.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Betty,

I don’t have much experience in going out shopping in public for myself.
      I would just like to say once again that you are awesome!
      I hope that you both have the best day going out shopping together!

💕Lara

Leah
      Baroness

All great suggestion given already,  I totally agree with the under dressing,  use her female name when asking if “she” would like something. Being careful to not insinuate the clothes are for him.

When you get home, have her give you a fashion show with her fully make up

Awesome of you to take her shopping!

J J
      Lady

Talk about what you want to accomplish on this trip and set some goals and/or limitations. Does ‘e want to try things on? Are there specific things ‘e wants to add to h’ wardrobe? Are you shopping for lingerie, dresses, tops, or just browsing to see what ‘e likes? Talking to an SA and explaining your husband wants to try on things may get her on your side from the start and allow your husband to try things on discretely.

That’s wonderful Betty! My only real advice here is to make sure to hit the lingerie depts/stores! I’ve done most of my shopping online over the years but lingerie shopping in person is an incredible adrenaline rush. Nothing like it.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?