Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello girls…

As spring kicks in, our English lanes are turning colourful and also green!!!!

At last new life is showing….

I love flowers, the colours and the scent. I always have a vase of fresh flowers in my flat somewhere… just a gorgeous thing i need in my life. I also have a 5ft high potted palm, such welcome greenery throughout the winter…

However its such a shame flowers are now ” bred” to last longer, but in achieving that, they have forgone their scent in many cases……but

……do you have flowers or plants in your homes???, do you buy flowers for your wives or partners???……or like me, just for you????

Just thought i would ask…..

Love you…. grace 💐💐💐

Anonymous

Yes yellow roses mainly, or lilies. “for you sweetie”💐

Hi Grace,

Happy Spring!  You can purchase a scented spray to refresh those long lasting flowers.

Alice

Anonymous

Thank you Alice.

as usual, so logical!!!

Grace x

Hi Grace,

Hope you enjoy the greenery and lovely countryside on your walk today.

Alice

Anonymous

I always do…the beauty of walking as compared to driving…you see so much more!!!….its always out there, but people miss it all as they flash past in their cars….thank you xx

Anonymous

You need a convertible Grace, it’s amazing how many sounds and sights and yes, smells you can experience with the (cars…) top down.

Or a motorcycle! Almost time to start riding it again!

Bridgette

Krista
            Duchess

Hi Bridgette, I sold my Harley a few years ago.  It was fun to drive on a sunny warm day (but as you probably know, we don’t have too many of those here in NW Canada).  As it was a 1996 Harley, the engine was still hard mounted to the frame SO the bugger vibrated like hell.  My hands would go numb if I went on a long ride.  We also have a problem with loose gravel.  Because we have so much snow and ice (for six months) the road crews put lots of gravel on top of the paved roads making motorbike riding a bit of a gamble.  Had some friends die because of it.  It might as well be ice.  And it takes them a month or two to clean up all of the gravel. So it wasn’t practical having a Harley sitting in the garage most of the year; they like to be driven.  Sold it to a young fellow, hope he is enjoying it.  All the Best, Big Hugs, Krista.

As it happens, I sold my Harley also, and bought a Honda Gold Wing. Much quieter, smoother, better handling, more torque, better gearing, and resulting in a lot more comfortable. I’m sure coastal Virginia has a lot longer riding season than NW Canada.

All my best, Bridgette

Krista
            Duchess

Hi Diana, sold my Corvette six months ago.  The hard-top roof came off with a few flicks of the wrist so for all intents and purposes it was a convertible.   I did enjoy driving it with the roof off and as you say to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells.  Unfortunately, in NW Canada that would only be for a few months of the year.  I gave up aesthetics, power and status for practicality and financial sense – it is important to have a four wheel drive with high ground clearance where I live.  We still have lots of snow around, though it was sunny today and there was some melting.  But the short-term forecast is for snow for a couple of days; fingers crossed it will miss us.  Big Hug, Krista

Anonymous

Fortunately NZs lower North Island doesn’t experience the extremes that you do in Canada Krista, in fact the last ‘snow’ we had here in 2011 would have had you rolling about laughing I expect – approximately 1 centimeters worth! So 4WDs are not really necessary on the school run but that doesn’t stop everyone having one!

I have a friend who just brought a Corvette C4 back from the States, hopefully I’ll be able to beg a ride one day- make a change from my little Daihatsu.

Hugs

Diana

Anonymous

I usually buy flowers on my supermarket shop. Now the weather’s turning, I’ll be planting out pots for the patio too, and also seeing what comes back from last year in the garden – I can never remember what to expect!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Oh I luv flowers! 💐🌹🌻🌼 we have them in our home and packed in our raised, brick flower garden about 12’ x 8’. This is my favorite time of year ( except for some allergies 🤧)! Let the planting begin!

🌸🌷🌻

Hi Grace , yes the garden is now starting to come alive  with varied colour , but sadly so is the dreaded weeds we always have flowers in the house and will substitute bought for our own very soon .Pyxx.

Anonymous

I give roses for presents. Outside, I love daisies best. Last year there was a baby skunk living in our flower garden.

Oh! How cute! As long as you keep a respectful distance…

Bridgette

Anonymous

Eva.

That’s some contrasting scent coming from your flower bed!!!

New from Chanel……

” Rose du Skunk musk”….it will drive men wild!!!!

…… could be a best seller!!!

Smiles, grace x

Amy Myers
      Baroness

All I can say is I envy you ladies who live where Spring is actually springing forth! The ground here is just thawing out, and the leaves will be coming forth in another 3 or 4 weeks. We have a variety of plants outside and one the nicest is the first flower of spring, a bulb with a small white flower called snowdrops. So called because they can grow even if there is snow around and they can survive sub freezing temps.

Other we have roses, and my wife usually plants some annuals, as well as the perennials we have.

I love the flowers and sometimes buy them for us, and for her.

Amy

My wife collected interesting irises, and I’ve lost track of how many there are out there. I’ve got six or seven roses growing with various degrees of success. The jonquils are already blooming, along with daffodils. The riders have woken, but haven’t started budding. I can see bids along the ends of tree branches outside my back window. Time to renew the mulch, and plant new grass seed in a couple weeks.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Grace I’m always buying flowers for my wife, she always complaines I’m always getting her flowers in the colours she doesn’t like, maybe it’s for me really because i like certain colours and she likes other colours, i bought her some flowers for mothers day because i knew she wouldn’t get any form our children this year with the lock down and things, we have a garden which is full of flowers most of the year my favourite colour is yellow my wife doesn’t like yellow but i make sure we have got some yellow flowers in the garden xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

Roz, you are sweet.

Im guessing a lot of ladies would adore to be bought flowers…..whatever colour !!

totally agree with the yellow theme xx

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, Krista here from NW Canada.  You probably know what I’m going to say, don’t you?  And you are right, I still have two feet of snow in my backyard.  But the good news is my front yard, while it still has a lot of snow, it is showing signs of melting.  There are actually a couple of spots where some yellowish brown is showing (that would be dead grass).  The weather was lovely today 8 C, I think the warmest we’ve had so far this year.  But the forecast is for a couple days of snow – fingers crossed that it will miss us either to the north or to the south.

Back to the topic of flowers.  Yes, we have greenery in our house.  Our poinsettias are very much thriving. My SO has a few plants scattered through the house, some sort of giant fig tree taking over the bay window of our living room where there is non-stop sun.  I have a few hardy plants in my basement rec room tearfully looking out the half height north facing windows.

As for fresh flowers, I love ’em, but my wife hates them.  She has some sort of phobia against scents, and especially flowery scents.  I used to always buy her flowers until she told me to stop buying them. I also used to buy her expensive perfume which she never used so I inherited them (that was pretty nice, just love the Chanel No. 5).

While it is officially spring here tomorrow, in actuality, we won’t have it for awhile yet.  The farmers especially hate it when the weather changes from cold to warm very quickly because they prefer the snow to slowly melt into the ground and not melt rapidly and wash away into roadside ditches or flood their fields. Yet they do want the ground to warm up so that they can start seeding (but that won’t start until mid-May).  Sorry, enuf farmer talk.  Looking forward to the warmer weather, the budding of the trees and the green shoots of new grass.  Take care, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista.

i LOVE poinsettias…i bought some a couple of years ago for the Christmas period…it said on the wrapping ” guaranteed to last through the holiday period”…..they lasted until the following August!!!!!.

I do smile at your snow situation xx

Anonymous
      Lady

I do love flowers…my appreciation goes back to my Mom’s Mother. She always had a beautiful garden of flowers and such beautiful roses. I do keep fresh flowers in my home. Lately it’s been my daffodils that are in bloom. A beautiful bouquet of flowers makes a house a home and during the winter helps with making you feel mentally happier. So glad spring is now here!

Sandy

Anonymous

Sandy ….

A beautiful bouquet of flowers makes a house a home”….

totally agree x

Grace,

Yes!  I buy my wife flowers regularly, she likes classic arrangements for the dining room table, and I have noticed that many times the glorious scents that I was expecting just aren’t there…..and I didn’t know why – thanks for that insight, I’m so relieved to know that it wasn’t just me!

Marcellette is a dahlia girl – I just love them so much!  I dig up the bulbs every fall and replant them in the spring….such beautiful colours, and shapes!

Marcellette

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

We are beset with plants in the house, especially in winter, as we have several large ones that reside outdoors in the warmer weather.  For arrangements at home the favorites are lilies and irises, but since I’m often the one making it up in the store I also like roses and irises, red and purple with the touch of yellow are so vibrant.  Our springtime tell tale here is little crocuses which are appearing in the lawns and daffodils starting to form buds.  Magnolias are next, then cherry blossoms…the latter are an annual event in my area (or just in my mind) as the largest collection in the US resides in a beautiful old park in probably one of the least celebrated cities in the world, Newark NJ.  Like all parks in NJ it was closed last year.  This year, I’m 10 days past dose one, so I’m thinking of making a special trip so as not be three years removed the next time it comes around.  Many extended lunches wandering among them are the thing I miss the most about in person work!

Anonymous

Thanks Jill…

I love lilies too !!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, It is just as I expected.  Today is the first day of spring here in NW Canada and it is SNOWING.  I went for a walk this morning and there were still signs of spring with patches of snowless ground showing.  I saw off in the distance these very dark clouds approaching from the southwest but I figured they are still quite far away and I’ll be home before anything happens.  WRONGO.  Twenty minutes into my walk and I started to see some snowflakes as if they were taunting me.  Then the clouds burst open and it started hailing, followed quickly by a snowflake/hail mixture and by the time I got home it was just pure snowflakes, and quite huge ones at that.  There were times I could barely see 50 metres ahead the snowfall was so thick.  So we had a lovely spring day yesterday but we are back into winter.  Luckily we won’t go back to the minus 20 C and below temperatures.  Oh and just for irony, yesterday I put away my snowboots, my super warm snowmobile mitts and my toque.  Sure could have used the toque today as my hair was covered in snow when I walked in the front door.  Sorry for the downer about Spring, I know it is coming, but this happens every year, we get our hopes up only to be dashed with more snow.  And unfortunately, I know we are not done, it will snow again sometime in April, it always does.  Enjoy your lovely English gardens Grace.  I follow some UK crossdressers on YouTube daily so I get to see the weather you are having quite regularly.  As Ringo says, “Peace and Love”   All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Lisa.

I love the fact that whatever a girl does or wherever a girl goes….. there’s always an outfit needed….haha ❤️

Anonymous

Steph..

I remember as a child visiting my grand parents….venturing into grandads garden, i was watched like a hawk. His garden was a work of art… beautifully laid out and everything meticulously planted….weeds enter if you dare!!! Even walking on the lawn, you could see his temperature rising….which brings me to this….. eventually, haha….

Grandad used to say ” gardens are for flowers….. orkids…..never both”!!!!!!

Smiles, grace 💐💐

Anonymous

badger the cat…. that’s different!!..

It was cats more than dogs with my grandad…they never pooed in his garden….twice!!…..

bucket of water…

doooosh!!!

soggy moggy.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?