- Thrilling/fabulous/very invigorating
- Nothing to see here/neither great or awful
- Awful/clocked/made to feel evil
- January 26, 2021 at 10:20 am #438537Gwyneth SimpsonParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 50Has thanked: 762 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
Asking for a friend!
On your initial time out as a female, was your experience fabulous, so-so, or awful? I know everybody is hoping the new wears off this for me very soon!
- January 29, 2021 at 8:32 am #439943Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41633 timesBeen thanked: 1281 times
Even though I had emerged from the closet and had been dressing full en fem for about six months at my CD/TG support group meetings, I had yet to be in a public outside space. I had the house to myself Memorial Weekend 2019 and on Memorial Day morning I stepped into the outdoors for the first time. While slightly nervous, I was determined. I decided to go to a local walking track for a leisurely stroll. To minimize the chance of encountering other people, I went out at 4am and walked for about 20mins.
- January 28, 2021 at 9:47 am #439511Gwyneth SimpsonLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 50Has thanked: 762 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
Just a note – most obviously have gone great. Good to know. Really. Gives a good idea to the rest of us that we might be making more of it than necessary.
Another minority says just so-so. NOBODY so far has chimed in with a negative story. I’m sure they are out there. Hopefully I won’t be the first!
- January 28, 2021 at 4:09 am #439343Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 159Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 573 times
I guess I had two “first times out”. The first was when I was 14 on a dare from a friend. I dressed in my sister’s clothes and had long hair then, and no body hair. My friend was amazed, he said “you really look like a girl!”, so I said OK let’s go out. We walked around a while and even went into a cafe where I used the ladies room before heading home again and undressing. It just felt right, and no-one even blinked at me in any way other than as a teenage girl in a flowery dress.
My second time was once I finished college and was working, and it was much more nerve-wracking. Short hair, facial hair, hairy legs and a much more masculine torso. I practiced many times, lounging at home, then one evening just thought what am I worried about and why not? So I touched up everything, grabbed my car keys and strode out the front door. I drove a bit away from my house, parked, and got out and walked about. The breeze under my skirt felt wonderful and although I didn’t have forms yet and was using socks, the outline of my breasts made me feel great. I walked for about 30 minutes then decided to head back home as it was getting dark and I thought a single woman walking the city streets after dark was asking for trouble. Home again I just felt calm and slightly euphoric, like part of me had been found.
I’ve since been out many times and concluded I’m one of those of us who adopts the female when they dress. I don’t want to transition, just be a woman sometimes.
- January 27, 2021 at 7:29 pm #439251MelindaLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
I had a few trips to empty parks or just off the main road walks (and they were amazing even if they aren’t great stories) I stayed in a motel last year and had a girl’s weekend. I went into a convenience store late at night and the clerk gave me a long OKayyyyy as I definitely didn’t pass. The next day I had a great makeover and returned to the motel where the door to the room opened to the parking lot. I looked in my purse for my key and it wasn’t there. I panicked and looked all over for it. I called my therapist who knew I was taking the trip. I told her the situation and she told me I knew what I had to do. I called the front desk and the woman assured me she could make me another key. Thinking about the clerk, I warned her in my deep male voice that I was dressed as a woman. She was very sweet and brought the key out to me. Of course the next morning, I found the missing key between the seats the first time I looked. I keep that card key where I can see it and relive that moment every time I see it.
- January 27, 2021 at 6:53 pm #439232DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 31Replies: 360Has thanked: 1596 timesBeen thanked: 1241 times
first time going out was scary but exciting was waiting for screams from people lol that was when went out of the house first time. Then decided to go out for little drive dressed up and was in need of few things from store was kinda late so not many in store but that was also a positive adventure. Then that weekend got few of my close friends and I dressed up and we went to eat dinner out. That was a thrill and some people came up and said love the outfit and shoes wearing.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:12 am #439023Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 203 times
My first time out was many years ago. I wrote and article for CDH about my experience, (See “Genivieve’s First Girls Night Out). That night I let the Genie out of the bottle and have had many wonderful times out since then. Girls, please don’t let your fear overcome your enjoyment of who you are. I truly regret waiting so long to experience being out as a girl. I am also proud that I addressed the fear, overcame and began to truly enjoy being Genivieve! Best of fortunes to all of you lovely ladies! 💋
- January 27, 2021 at 8:01 am #438994Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 524Has thanked: 2234 timesBeen thanked: 2037 times
For the first year it was so thrilling and exciting and as you can see an experience we girls never forget. Over time its rather natural for me now and dont think much about it. I still do get occasionally excited but not to the levels when I was new to it
- January 27, 2021 at 4:20 am #438905Holly TygressaBaronessRegistered On: January 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 105Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 321 times
The first time was scary yet exhilarating. I was so scared that I would be caught. Went for a drive to a conservation area which are massive so you can get lost. There were people around but a fair distance from me. I slowly ventured out of the car and went for a short walk and back to the car. Then I went a little further. As I grew my courage I went for quite a long walk. Every time I would see someone my heart would start to pound. Even though I was scared the feeling was exciting as well. I was wearing a dress with stockings nice shorter heels, my favorite wig and full makeup. That was a long time ago. Thank you for allowing me to relive that memory. Hope to make many more
- January 27, 2021 at 4:12 am #438903Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 241Has thanked: 1430 timesBeen thanked: 1407 times
first time out was to a halloween party in town. i heard about it on the radio and thought i would go dressed as a woman. it was a big block party that had about 10 bars on the street. i got out of the truck and walked over to the party. i was dressed kinda sexy. mini shirt, heels, wig ,ect. not quit passable, but who cares. there was 100’s of people there. all dressed up and looking different. i was being checked out by everyone but didn’t care. some guys said i’d have to change back tomorrow, but that didn’t bother me. i decided to walk through every bar there. 100’s of people saw me. it was alittle exciting and i was feeling pretty good, high on the rush. i don’t drink. after walking through all the bars, i walked around the block. walked pass some other people that weren’t at the party. all was good. walked back to the truck and drove home. i liked it so much that i go out every week dressed. i just pretend its halloween and im the only one dressed. people don’t really cares and neather do i. i’m having fun and people enjoy it when im dressed. i’m a whole different person and very likeable. i have gone to many bars and the owners always say they are glad to see me there. they all know my name and most of the people know me from somewhere they seen me before. made lots of friends and get lots of hugs and high 5’s from guys and girls. i have to say i have more friends as rachel than i do when im not dressed.
- January 27, 2021 at 7:54 am #438991
- January 27, 2021 at 3:53 am #438881Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1573Has thanked: 1164 timesBeen thanked: 4122 times
OMG! I was so excited and so scared. Fear held me back many times before I finally did it. I was in a state of euphoric bliss walking from the house to the car. My heels clicking, the feel of my silky pantyhose caressing my legs as I walked, the cool air under my dress, my breasts gently moving around as I walked and my hair gently blowing in the light breeze. This was the moment I waited so many years for.
Then it all came crashing down when I nearly walked into a guy walking his dog. Total panic and fear. I wanted to run back to the house, but the car was closer. I walked quickly to it. When I opened the door, the interior lights came on, spotlighting my legs in my shiny pantyhose, sexy stilettos and very short dress. I got in the car quickly. I was shaking and sweating. My heart was pounding. I was in total panic meltdown. I had to calm down before I could do anything.
After several minutes, I was getting ready to see if the coast was clear and go back to the house. I noticed my short dress creeped up even higher and my panties were showing. Did I show that to the dog walker? I looked down at my legs. They looked amazing in my shiny pantyhose and heels. So sexy. WOW! And I showed them off to someone. Did he notice them? Did he see my panties? Did he enjoy the view? Did he notice I was wearing pantyhose? I know I would have. I was getting very excited. I want to do that again.
I decided to drive around for a while just thrilled I was doing it. I found a few places I thought looked pretty safe. I got out of the car and walked around a little. I was close enough where I could be seen but not touched. Did anyone notice me? Did they like what they saw? I was so excited now. I wanted to keep going, but it was getting late. Time to go home.
I was so excited when I got home. WOW! I finally did it. The fear, the panic, the excitement, the thrill and rush all mixed together. It was an incredible experience and the partial fulfillment at least, of years of dreams and fantasies.
- January 27, 2021 at 12:18 pm #439097T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 319Has thanked: 3116 timesBeen thanked: 1294 times
CONGRATULATIONS!! On your outing. Did people see you , yes. Were they put off by you…absolutely Not. You were, like most of us, part of the environment!
You did good kiddo. You did yourself a ton of good…to be repeated many hundreds of times.
Love to you….proud of you.
- January 27, 2021 at 5:45 pm #439205Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1573Has thanked: 1164 timesBeen thanked: 4122 times
Thanks TJ. It was something I wanted to do so much for so long. I dreamed and fantasized about it often. The fear was never in any of my fantasies. But when fear raised it’s ugly head unexpectedly, it stopped me many times. My first time out, I was just planninng on walking from the house to the car, drive around a bit and come home. I did a lot more. It was even more exciting than scary.
- January 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm #439218T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 319Has thanked: 3116 timesBeen thanked: 1294 times
So Proud of you!!
I teach the ” ART” of CDing here the Puget
Sound of WA. WE teach what you DID…” BREAK DOWN THE FRONT DOOR !!”
You did it…so cool!!
Love hearing stories like that…loved reading it.
Plan the Outfit for your next CONFIDENT OUTING!
Later , girlfriend…
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by T.J. Byron.
- January 28, 2021 at 2:50 am #439318Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1573Has thanked: 1164 timesBeen thanked: 4122 times
Well TJ. That was a long time ago. I was 18. I had been out partially dressed before , but I was not fully femme. I was partially dressed or androgynous. I often wore pantyhose with shorts, but all guy clothes. It was a big step up getting and wearing short girl’s shorts. There was fear there but I wanted to go out in them so much. I managed to do it in little steps. I began going out more and more in my little shorts and pantyhose. I was always scared at first, but excitement seemed to take over and I loved the experience.
Ever since I began buying my own pantyhose at 13, I fantasized about buying pantyhose while wearing pantyhose. I decided I was going to do it. I drove to the store, got out of the car and walked to the entrance. My fear kept getting stronger and stronger. I would walk around outside, make several attempts to go in, but fear held me back. After several visits and attempts, I finally walked through the entrance and over to the pantyhose. I was excited now. I was going to do this. I picked out several pairs and went to the cashier. I was on line with other people behind and in front of me. They could see I was wearing pantyhose and buying them. I should have been scared at that point, but I was even more excited. I bought the pantyhose and left. There was no drama or encounters. Just a normal transaction. I began buying a lot of my pantyhose dressed that way. It was always scary at first but always so exciting.
Then I decided I have to have shoes. I had wanted platform wedges for a long time, Girls wore them a lot and I loved them. I thought it would be so exciting to go buy them in my short shorts and pantyhose. It was an exciting thought, but fear got in the way. Like with the pantyhose, I would get to the store entrance and fear would push me back. After many failed visits and attempts, I went when the store first opened up. I planned on going to the shoes, try on a pair, buy them and leave.
I got in the store. There was a lot of shoes I liked. Which pair should I get? I tried on one pair. It would not fit. Oh no. This wasn’t the plan. I quickly tried on the next size. Too tight. On to the next size. Perfect fit. I stood up and began walking around. I loved how my legs looked in my pantyhose, short shorts and those shoes. I have to try on another pair. I liked those just as much. Maybe I’ll get them both. I tried on 4 more pairs and loved them all. I was getting thumbs up and approving nods from other customers who had come in. My excitement level was off the charts. The thrill factor at maximum. I ended up buying all 6 pairs and wore a pair out of the store.
It always seemed, if I could get through the fear, the excitement and thrill that eventually followed made the experience so incredible and wonderful.
Going out fully femme was a whole new level of fear. I thought it would be easier. I would not look like myself. I could go more freely about, being less concerned about being recognized. It didn’t. It seemed like more clothes, more fear. But it also seemed the more fear, the greater the excitement and thrill if I could get past the fear.
Once I got the nerve to walk from the house to the car, I began feeling this euphoric bliss. I was out fully en femme. It’s like I was in a pleasure trance. Nearly walking into a guy walking into a guy walking his dog, changed everything in an instant. from blissful pleasure to intense panic and fear. I had to run. The car was close. I went there. I hadn’t figured on the interior lights spotlighting my legs in my shiny pantyhose, stiletto heels and very short dress. I was in such a state of panic, I could not do anything for several minutes. When I calmed down enough, I was going to open the car door, check to see if anyone was around, then go back to the house.
That’s when I noticed my very short dress was hiked up even higher. I could see my panties. My legs looked incredible in my shiny pantyhose and stilettos. I showed these off to someone. WOW! Did he see my panties? Did he notice my pantyhose? Did he like my stilettos? Excitement came crashing over me like a tidal wave. I have to continue this adventure and do this fantasy.
I always have fear. Sometimes it’s so intense I just can’t go out. But when I manage to get through the fear, the excitement and thrill level is even greater. More fear means more thrill and excitement. That seems to be how it always is.
- January 26, 2021 at 8:30 pm #438805Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 57Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
- January 26, 2021 at 8:15 pm #438802Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 550Has thanked: 701 timesBeen thanked: 1543 times
My psychologist dared me to dress en femme when I came to see her the next time… so I did! I must reiterate that seeing a psych is to do with a previous head injury and nothing to do with gender.
I took a lot of care and came dressed in pink! It was fabulous and my psych started calling my by my fem name of ‘Polly’. What an affirmation… my wife helped me with makeup etc.
- January 27, 2021 at 7:06 pm #439241MelindaLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
- January 27, 2021 at 7:23 am #438976HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 264Has thanked: 903 timesBeen thanked: 888 times
You look Marvelous Absolutely Marvelous and Talk About Having Nerves Of Steel.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 27, 2021 at 4:07 pm #439170Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 550Has thanked: 701 timesBeen thanked: 1543 times
Thank you for your lovely comments, Hippie! Nerves of steel? More like nerves of Jelly! However, my pysch… well she it was who started my ball rolling and her affirmation was the catalyst to keep moving. My style of dressing has always been edgy… eye catching if you will… now, I have the best opportunity to dress even more so. Watch out Iris Apfel!
- January 26, 2021 at 8:28 pm #438804Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 57Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
- January 27, 2021 at 4:46 am #438913
- January 26, 2021 at 8:01 pm #438800Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 121Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 568 times
After being a prisoner in the privacy of a motel room where I was afraid to venture outside, I finally told myself that today is the day that I am going to leave my motel room for the first time no matter what. That was years ago and now I go out dressed en femme frequently. But getting back to my first time I went out dressed en femme, I can still remember exactly what happened. I spent a lot of time getting ready. I checked and rechecked everything I was doing. When I felt that I looked like a passable looking girl, I put my purse strap on my shoulder and opened the door. That first step outside was the hardest thing I ever did. As soon as the door closed behind me I realized that I was standing outside in a public place where anyone could see me. I remember that there was a slight breeze blowing and I could feel it blowing my hair and under my skirt, two things I had never thought about. Taking a deep breath I began to walk down the sidewalk to the parking lot where my car was parked. When I turned the corner to get to the parking lot I stopped in my tracks because I saw motel guests who were either checking in or checking out of the motel. I debated if I should continue or turn around and go back to my room. I decided that to cross the parking lot and walk to my car. Holding my head up and smiling I started walking towards my car.. I was surprised that no one was checking me out. To the guests, I was just a girl walking to her car. It was the scariest and most invigorating experience that I ever had done. Just being out in public wearing feminine clothing and being seen as a girl was a total turn on for me. All of the fears I had about being outed disappeared as I was walking in the parking lot among people. My confidence level was sky high as I started driving my car to the mall
- January 26, 2021 at 7:23 pm #438792HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 264Has thanked: 903 timesBeen thanked: 888 times
To be honest I never did, I am happy just mixing two genders together. I never go for just female look. I just can’t see myself shaving my beard off to do it, wore a beard most of my adult life. Been out in public many times in just female clothing, just don’t care to look the part.
As for how it went the 1st time, man that had to be when I was 18 or so. That was over 30 years ago. What I do remember, it was a big rush of excitement and scare to death at the same time. I was kinda mimicking David Bowie back then and copying his style. (For you young ones, he was a big time rock star back then)I guess he was just my role model for me living an Androgynous lifestyle myself.
I checked the wrong box. Mine should have been the most popular choice.
- January 27, 2021 at 4:44 pm #439182LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 550Has thanked: 701 timesBeen thanked: 1543 times
The ‘Hunky Dory’ look? The mullet hair covered in sparkle dust! Lightning flashes on a white made-up face. Gold Lamé threaded shirts, skin hugging flares and high platforms!!! Glam rock at its finest! Ziggy Stardust!
We had a club in Christchurch that had three floors of bands going hard out… what a venue!
LOL xx Polly
- January 27, 2021 at 4:08 am #438899Janet williamsLadyRegistered On: January 4, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 119Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 359 times
reading this article show me how strong u ladies are and I being a cd have no idea of how any of that would feel for me because in all the yrs I have dressed never really had an outfit to wear outside or actually go out and be seen by anyone just a grul that dresses in closet and hides her life
- January 26, 2021 at 12:47 pm #438610Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 360Has thanked: 259 timesBeen thanked: 1440 times
I’ve only stepped out as Wendy a small handful of times. It was either walk around the block in the evening during fall when it is dark, or a drive around the block/pick up my wife from work/University after an evening course.
For the most part, it was exciting yet nerve wracking. Times that I was driving, what happens if someone made me at a red light ? What happens if I get pulled over ?
During my walk, same concernts : what happens if a car drives by and made me ? What happens if someone else is walking on the side walk headed towards me ?
Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 situations where it became nerve wracking (both involve walking) :
– It was around 7 – 7:30 pm, during fall so it gets dark early. I went out for a walk, and I’m headed home. This was before I engaged in full make up , breast forms, … I had women’s clothes on and a cheap costume wig, but no make up. As I am headed towards home, a car pulls up headed towards me, and pulls very close next to me ! I panic as I know I am not passable. I turn my head away from the car, and continue walking. It turns out the car was just dropping off someone living at the house I just passed.
– this 2nd time was much scarier. Again, during late fall when it gets dark early, I went out for a walk, must’ve been around 7:45 pm. It was going great and no one was on the side walk. It felt invigorating stepping out as Wendy. Like my first instance, no make up, but a cheap wig and some of my wife’s clothes. As I am walking home, a white buick passes me by and turned down the alley. I did not think much of it. My wife calls and says she is ready for me to pick her up from the University (she was taking evening classes). I go to the garage, start up my truck, open up the garage door, and to my left was the same white buick that passed me by, must’ve been at least an hour ago, parked in the alley right behind our back fence. As my truck is higher, I tried to look into the car to see who it is, but we have one of those motion lights above our back door and the light blinded me so I could not see in. My goodness, I don’t even want to think what this person was doing behind our fence in the car; were they spying on me ? Did they think I was a real woman ?
As I drive off, I can see in my rear view mirror the car started up, and drove off.
That was the scariest moment I’ve ever had while dressed.
For the most part, I would say it is thrilling with a good dash of excitement.
- January 26, 2021 at 11:07 am #438574Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 241Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 766 times
Posted this somewhere else, but no problem in doing it again. I’d plucked up all the courage I could (and a bit more!) then took a long, deep breath and headed out the door. I thought I looked very proper and feminine and headed off up the alleyway towards the main road. I felt great for the while (though I was churning inside at the idea that someone may be there in the very early hours that might see me.) Got hardly 100 yards when the heavens opened and soaked all of the Universes creatures… Got back home again – and had an awkward conversation with my wife about why I was doing a batch of washing so early in the morning. Not a great experience – but not a horrible one really; the weather isn’t one you can allow for.
Helene: really, really glad you enjoyed your first time out so much; it must be an awesome experience. I just hope my (almost) first time can be half as good as yours. Now waiting for the weather to get better, then I’ll steel myself, pull on a miniskirt and be heading off to pastures (almost) new: watch this space – I’ll let you all know! Hugs to you all: Inga.
- January 26, 2021 at 11:05 am #438570DuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 319Has thanked: 3116 timesBeen thanked: 1294 times
1st time Out for me was in the mid 1960’s , when if ” caught” you could be locked up in jail!!
It was exillerating, but scary. Fear was always a part of the ” risk” we were taking. We were seen as mentally deranged. We had some pathology.
Today, I go any where with whom ever. Glad to be free to be me.
Love to all…
- January 26, 2021 at 10:33 am #438545Helene BockLadyRegistered On: September 17, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 74Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 257 times
My first time out fully dressed was in Amsterdam after my first very good makeover, I just felt great and so confident that I went to a restaurant and later to a night club – I just felt like a woman! Just a little worried in the lift in the hotel as another woman entered at same time as me, nothing happened and found out that nobody really cares if appropriately dressed and well behaved! Today, when dressed I am a woman and behave like one.
- January 26, 2021 at 11:08 am #438576
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.