- This topic has 31 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- December 29, 2020 at 9:58 am #424596AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
To all of you…
As an awful year draws to an end…I want to talk about something rather wonderful….YOU GIRLS!!!, please don’t be shy, stand up and take a big bow!!!..
For five months you have turned my world upside down….with your hope, despair, laughter, tears….and your optimism and……humour. I can’t believe how lucky I was literally stumbling across Vanessa’s heaven!!!
I cannot possibly name names, it’s unfair and if I missed someone out I would be mortified!!!….but what fun!!!…I have lived, learned and laughed more than I ever can remember..
I have met such friends, been taugh vital lessons like learning how to tuck, the best party food, make up tips, the peanut butter dilema… it’s endless…….oh, and Brussel sprouts…omg
I have laughed and cried EVERY day, met Stevie Nick’s greatest fan, learned about Delaware, Sparky, Paige and 2poos, bunnies and shapewear, marmite, catwalks….I now know members of probably the best police force ever put together, had the experiences of girls from all over the planet…..in these chaotic times I have been so fortunate…..
I DON’T want thanks, I want you girls to end this c **p year by thanking others you have met, or what piece of advice has really helped you, in fact, just what is best about CDH!!!
forever thankfully, Grace Scarlett ❤️
Total of 38 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 1, 2021 at 2:11 pm #425991Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 401Has thanked: 823 timesBeen thanked: 1745 times
Grace, this has truely been a year of super low lows and of super high highs. First there was the covid, didn’t effect my job but not being able to easily visit family was bad. In my state we had the duratio though the middle of the state with wind over 100 mph and some cities loosing half of their trees I was without power for 4 days, the only time all year I didn’t under dress daily and 4 days of no CDH ( I’m on here at least a few minutes every day).
Then the good, with the covid shut downs as an excuse was able to let my hair grow out. Then in Sept got my hair colored at Ulta and had a chance to visit 2 malls completely in fem over the next 2 weeks. Then in Nov and Dec came out to 2 of my brothers, now looking to come out to the other 2. Now in the last 2 weeks with $300 in gifts from customers witch I intend to spend on things for Sandy ( giggle, giggle).
Much of these dreams have come crashing down for me the last 4 days. I had severe back problems Monday. By the time new years eve rolled around, I visited my second Dr and I described my new pain, she said the words torn ligament. Now I am putting Sandy’s plans on hold.
- January 1, 2021 at 4:09 pm #426071AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
The highs sound dreamy, but they never seem to come unaccompanied
The lows that drop us down are so bad, physically I cannot do much, but mentally I send you my best wishes and my love ….you got this girl…love from grace, England xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 31, 2020 at 3:53 am #425372Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 987Has thanked: 4678 timesBeen thanked: 5124 times
Your Grace, since many of us here are “royalty”, I believe we may allow ourselves to sum up 2020 by quoting the Queen and saying
We are not amused.
The one thing that did delight me this year was walking up the porch of CDH and knocking on the door. What a place of warmth ( okay, and some amusement 😅 ) to come across in such a miserable year. I’ve met wonderful people, made dear friends and shared stories both good and bad. Feels weird, but nice, to be happy during a pandemic. And I have to thank my sisters here for that. ( for feeling happy, not weird, lol ).
Love to all in the New Year!!
- December 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm #425274Emily VioletLadyRegistered On: August 7, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 53Has thanked: 318 timesBeen thanked: 256 times
- December 30, 2020 at 10:46 am #425120KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 411Has thanked: 737 timesBeen thanked: 1634 times
Dear Grace, what a wonderful thread you’ve started. One of the best reads of 2020. I am so appreciative of all the lovely ladies here at CDH, their support, advice, caring and yes even the jokes. Every morning I look forward to sitting down at my computer, opening CDH to catch up on everyone’s news. This morning was a bit of a later start; guess I needed the sleep. So here I sit, having my late morning brunch with a difference. Instead of regular tea, this morning’s tea is spiked with a healthy dose of eggnog. The grocery store must have ordered too much so they were practically giving it away as the expiry date is coming up soon. Talk about extra rich and creamy. And Paige was lying down at my feet waiting for bits of toast and peanut butter and yogurt (she left as soon as I finished brekkie). Being retired, the economic downturn of 2020 didn’t effect me very much (other than the terrible interest rates I’m getting on my investment portfolio). But hey, the house is mortgage free, brand new SUV with no money owing, I don’t have to spend money on suits and ties, less money on car insurance and maintenance. Our biggest expense seems to be gifts for the grandkids. Might as well; can’t take it with you. Covid has put a huge dent into my social life. Pre-covid I used to go out once or twice a week with friends for tea/coffee (including a CD friend who I met here); well the cafe visits have stopped. I also volunteer on numerous boards/committees and that is all by Zoom meetings now which is just not as enjoyable as in-person meetings. I started a PROBUS Club for retirees (when I retired four years ago) and those meetings have stopped too. Looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Very Best in 2021. Big Hugs, Krista.
- December 30, 2020 at 11:05 am #425133AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
Krista… since we met, your posts have lit up my life for sure….thank you so much!!..the fact that you girls bother to report everyday life, it’s real news to me!!!..
Update….we had an amber weather warning today for expected snow….not a bloody flake!!!….
disappointed, grace xx
- December 31, 2020 at 9:14 am #425502KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 411Has thanked: 737 timesBeen thanked: 1634 times
Grace…Ditto. I love to read all the news from others and share my news. CDH is really like a big family isn’t it?
Sorry to hear about the lack of snow. We had another lovely dusting last night. After walking Paige this morning, I shovelled the drive and cleaned up the mess the snow plows made at the end of my drive a couple of days ago (it always snows the day after the snow plow drives by). My 10 metre long drive is three cars wide; thank goodness it is a lot shorter than the drive we had at our previous house (which was about 30 metres long but only one car wide).
Yesterday I mentioned I had eggnog in my tea. Well, a little later, after another cold walk outside (I think it was -20) I had another tea and eggnog BUT this time I added some spiced rum. Yummy, now that was a very tasty hot drink to warm up on a cold day. I’d recommend it.
Well it is time to start prepping my brunch. All the Best my friend. Hugs, Krista.
- December 30, 2020 at 10:38 am #425118Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 444Has thanked: 2657 timesBeen thanked: 1583 times
Hi gals, I can well and truly say this year has been one of the most lonely and boring years of my life. Furtunatly I know no one to have had died or had any major consequences, due to c***d.
However out of all of that loneliness came a silver lining. It brought out Trish. My American, shopohic, loving side who takes a lot less bs than my drab.
I also discovered a new family. I’ve only been here for about a month but I feel like I’ve known you all much longer. So thank you everyone, especially those who run this heaven. That name is soo apt.
- December 30, 2020 at 10:30 am #425114Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 467Has thanked: 751 timesBeen thanked: 1685 times
Yes 2020 was not the most spectacular year but I’m a Monty Python fan so I “always look on the bright side”, you have to sing it to get the true effect. All the friends and family I had last year at this time are still with me, major plus right there, in fact one more joined us, grandson was born Nov. 9th, healthy and happy, huge plus. I woke up on the green side of the lawn 364 times so far, another major plus. Okay we didn’t get to go away like we usually do but we’ve saved the money and we’re going to make it even better this year, we’ll live. We still got to see our kids and grandkids, not as much as we like but we’ll live. There’s a lot of people in this world who can’t say these things right now so I consider myself extremely fortunate. Remember girls, the glass is half full, chins up and march on, 2021 bring all you got because I’m waiting.
Take care and the happiest new year to all, love Heather.
- December 30, 2020 at 8:10 am #425033Diana WLadyRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 252Has thanked: 1377 timesBeen thanked: 1171 times
While this has been a horrible year overall, there is one thing that I will never forget and will always be grateful for. This is the year Diana emerged. July 7th 2020. That’s the date I finally realized who I am and who I’m meant to be going forward. The year 2020 has given me 20/20 vision of who I really am.
- December 30, 2020 at 9:56 am #425090AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
Gosh, I’m so happy the pink fog finally found its target….my darling, one thing is certain, it ALWAYS does….welcome into the girls club….the BEST club ever….what a shame that so many of us have been so stressed, unable to see our future path, when all we needed was “2020” vision……
huggs, grace xx
- December 30, 2020 at 10:00 am #425092Diana WLadyRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 252Has thanked: 1377 timesBeen thanked: 1171 times
Thank you Grace. I started out with the attitude that I just had a feminine side that I was exploring. But screw that. I am all woman. I feel 100% feminine. I don’t feel masculine at all. I’m all girl and I love it!
- December 30, 2020 at 10:09 am #425099AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
- December 30, 2020 at 2:02 am #424883Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 600Has thanked: 6289 timesBeen thanked: 2593 times
Grace, Your Grace❤
I would like to thank you, and Miss Vanessa, for creating this home for us all.
2020 has indeed been a crap show, so much has changed in the world, and will never be the same, but, I foubd me, and with the help of all you girls, and this wonderful site, I am on the most wonderful journey, becoming “me”, that I ever could have imagined.
Our family, here, has made me feel so comfortable in my skin, and in my mind, words can simply not express.
I love you all,
- December 30, 2020 at 12:23 am #424864stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1636Has thanked: 2558 timesBeen thanked: 7229 times
2020 was a challenging year for all of us, and a terrible year for those who have lost loved ones, or their business or job. (OMG! I sound like HRH giving a Christmas broadcast!) Sorry. CDH has been a lifeline to many of us, and an anchor in a raging tide of chaos.
For me personally 2020 has simply changed my life. I have become a much better person. I now actually smile a lot! And laugh! Yay! Mr Grumpy has gone! It’s the friendships I have made and the humour that have given me an outlet to be Stephanie as she wants to be. I didn’t realise that I even had a sense of humour, but a falling pebble started a landslide and Stephanie was reborn and released to
stalk, terrorise– help add a little fun to the CDH forums. She used to be terribly serious, but now can’t take herself seriously. Seriously.
Thanks to everyone on CDH for being part of this relearning journey.
Love and best wishes to all of you. 2021 can only be better – the tide is ebbing at last. I can’t wait……
Stephanie P 💖
- December 30, 2020 at 6:11 pm #425280Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 449Has thanked: 7375 timesBeen thanked: 1792 times
So, is that HRH by Claire Foy, or Olivia Colman? Or perhaps Helen Mirren? My apologies, your Magesty for being so foreword.
Lady Bridgette vS, of Hampton
- December 30, 2020 at 11:13 pm #425341stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1636Has thanked: 2558 timesBeen thanked: 7229 times
Apology accepted, but I couldn’t possibly divulge. Cate Blanchett as Queen Galadriel of Lothlorien would be my preferred choice.
Mmmm… Hampton. I will assume this refers to a place in Virginia not Hampton Court.
Now where have I heard the word Hampton before….. it has certain connotations …..rings a bell…… vague memories of a naughtycal ditty come to mind “With his hampton in his hand he ….” Ahhh yes! I have it now. Hampton wick – cockney rhyming slang for… Well, it’s not a word I would use.
My apologies Lady Bridgette vS, of Hampton, for being so rude.
holdingbackagiggle, Baroness Stephanie Plumb of Smallbums. (which is my correct title)
- December 30, 2020 at 12:39 am #424866AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
Thank you, your Majesty….so glad your
spotty bu….., ooops, Annus horribilis is ….behind us all, and let’s look forward to an Annus mirabilis in 2021…
your loyal subject, grace ❤️
- December 29, 2020 at 8:51 pm #424841Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 57Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
Grace, I appreciate you and all of the friends I have made here this year. I am especially thankful for the patience you all have shown as I repeatedly joined and left CDH while struggling to accept my feminine side.
- December 30, 2020 at 12:53 am #424870AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
Stephanie….girls like you are the reason I wrote this post…..we have all had it tough for various reasons, but some like you, have had it, maybe tougher??….so lets ALL spread the love…❤️❤️❤️❤️
It doesn’t matter if you leave 49 times…just make sure you come back a fiftieth!!!…huggs, grace xx
- December 29, 2020 at 8:57 pm #424843
- December 29, 2020 at 7:49 pm #424823Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 1313Has thanked: 13019 timesBeen thanked: 4262 times
Hi Grace yes you are a treasure to have as we all had a crazy year you and many other ladies here made it enjoyable ,, Many cute and seriously funny stories to help get your mind off the worlds problems .. I have just passed my first year here in November and would not trade one second of it i also was a house girl and still am i have a very loving wife and some super sweet friends here that have helped me get a little closer to coming out into this world .. It will never happen here where i live but Along with my wife and Miss Stephanie Flowers we have planned to come out into the world at Keystone in 2022 if the world calms its butt down ha ha . Im so hoping to meet many of you girls there and have plans to meet others sometime and let Stephanie be free he he ok enough of me .
Miss Grace like i said your are a treasure as many other ladies here please never change this place has changed my life as my wife says she can see a big difference when im on line and more happy and girly love you all very much..
- December 29, 2020 at 6:45 pm #424805LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 449Has thanked: 7375 timesBeen thanked: 1792 times
What a year. Chaos all around us, in so many facets of life. What went well though? I discovered Bridgette this year. I finally reached a point of admitting to myself, and due to our dynamic, to my wife at pretty much the same moment, thinking out loud as it were. And finding acceptance (along with a slew of the usual questions, concerns, worries, etc). Learning so much more about not just myself, but the world around me. I’d never heard the term “toxic masculinity” before, and now see how much of it there is, all around me. I saw my youngest son earn Eagle Scout, and him be nominated for the most original Eagle project of the year in the US. And I found this place and all you lovely people who help me to normalize what the old me kept thinking was deviant/ wrong/ etc. Thank you so much ladies for helping me to realize that it’s OK to be me, that although there may be things wrong with me, they have nothing to do with CD. Thank you Grace, for this thread. It helped me to find center after a day that was definitely in This Year.
- December 29, 2020 at 5:29 pm #424775Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 431Has thanked: 1852 timesBeen thanked: 2000 times
While there are countless people who saw nothing at all good about 2020 and they most certainly have my sympathy, I’ll keep my thoughts on that for another time. Your thread title sums up the year for a lot of us my dear Grace, not just here at CDH but out there in the vanilla world as well. My daughter finally found a good man, (So far) she is very happy and I can sleep better at night because of it. I was able to spend two months at home with my wife exploring CDing and just having a wonderful time being together, in this world that had slowed to a crawl it felt a little like a dream or a haze if you will. Meanwhile I not only found myself, but a little later on also a wonderful place to share that side of me that had been suppressed for so long. Like so many others here joining this forum helped solidify and validate that new me, and thus change me forever. How apropos that I couldn’t possibly go back to how things were before in a year where the world never will either.
- December 29, 2020 at 4:01 pm #424741Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 686 timesBeen thanked: 1260 times
Hi Grace the best thing about CDH is the people on here,
We are one big happy family who support each other in our endeavour’s to be who we want to be,
2020 has been a terrible year no doubt about that but coming on this site every now and again has lightened the load and lifted our spirits,
So all I’ve got to say now is to wish everyone a happy new year x
Hugs Rozalyne x
- December 29, 2020 at 3:07 pm #424724Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1834Has thanked: 3389 timesBeen thanked: 6286 times
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,” This Dickens quote sums up the year nicely for me. A year, half of which my wife spent in and out of hospitals, and my elder son spent in the unemployment line…the Virus was nothing, by comparison. But also a year in which my wife (and I) completely accepted Bettylou, and a year in which I gained some of the best friends I ever had here on CDH…and that includes you, Grace.
Hugs to all of you,
- December 29, 2020 at 2:47 pm #424720AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 700Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3831 times
You always bring a smile to my face, and sometimes a tear to my eye – in a good way! This has been a very different year. The world in turmoil, and a lot of people depressed. For me, Kay stepped out of the shadows of my mind, my internal war between my toxic masculinity and feminine self ended, I have made many wonderful friends here! I am looking forward to a better year in 2021 for CDH and all of us!
P.S. Grace, Spark loves you!
- December 29, 2020 at 1:14 pm #424675Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 301Has thanked: 1262 timesBeen thanked: 1035 times
Grace your right good riddance to 2020. I’ve only been here a few months but I feel I have known everybody ages. It has been so nice being able to converse with like minded girls.
I would like to thank CDH for giving all of us this opportunity, and wish everybody a positive new year.
Love and Best Wishes to Everyone
- December 29, 2020 at 11:00 am #424625Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1743Has thanked: 7666 timesBeen thanked: 6919 times
Sorry Grace, I’m giving you thanks anyway. Hasn’t this just been the crappiest year ever, for everyone?? Lol, way to look for the positive here dear ❤
Here in about a month I’ll be starting on my fourth year here. It’s been a whole different experience as staff rather than member this past year.
I’ve met a lot of great people, some really good friends and had a lot of fun with it all. Even on groundhog day.
I’d like to thank all of you Sisters, those who contribute & those who read the contributions… for sharing, helping, supporting & understanding one another, and getting to know yourselves better also
Here’s looking ahead to 2021 gals! 🍻
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.