- April 10, 2021 at 3:51 pm #476099Octavia LongParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 44Replies: 120Has thanked: 748 timesBeen thanked: 915 times
Well darn it. Goodwill was a bust. My 16 year old son wanted to go shopping with me so I could not buy what I wanted. I did make him tired enough that he did sit in the car while I ran into Target. I got a denim mini skirt, some shorts and a pair of jeans that all fit great. I can’t wait until I can go shopping by myself.
- April 15, 2021 at 5:08 pm #478218Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 238Has thanked: 727 timesBeen thanked: 1207 times
I also do much of my shopping at Goodwill. Last weekend my GGbf raided the store near her. Left with tons of summer dresses, tops, skirts and dress slacks. About $180 to build up my summer wardrobe. Have to move the winter clothes to the spare closet. I loved having her GG opinion and help. A wonderful all girl day. Well, we did have her teenage son along (he knows, no secrets with me) but he was handy for carrying things.
- April 15, 2021 at 4:56 pm #478214Paula1LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 9Replies: 581Has thanked: 691 timesBeen thanked: 1410 times
This happened to me this week, I took my 14 year old for some new Bras, the ladies in the store know me and without thinking they called me by by fem name, lucky she was in the changing room and did not notices
- April 15, 2021 at 12:53 pm #478096Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 21Replies: 253Has thanked: 231 timesBeen thanked: 1038 times
At least you can try, I can’t even do that.
Here everything is locked down to the level that any store not selling food is closed and bigger food stores that sell other things also have to block off “non essential” stuff. Did go to costco yesterday and was meet by most of the store being closed off, just food open (and the good part with that was less people over all).
- April 15, 2021 at 12:26 pm #478086Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
I have had some really good finds at Saint Vinsent Depaul. They are up here in northern Wisconsin. I don’t know how far they go but in my local they have way more women’s selections and are way lower priced. They are a non profit. I have no clue how it is spelled so you have to forgive me
- April 15, 2021 at 5:09 pm #478219Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 327Has thanked: 926 timesBeen thanked: 1519 times
Just go with “SVD” Michelle..you can’t go wrong
I was just shopping there just today. Found a nice blouse on the rack. Wasn’t completely sure though so I thought I’d take a pass. Well then I found another one that was kind of cute. But not completely sold on it either. Then my shopping logic comes into play. One iffy item isn’t worth going through checkout. But TWO iffy items? Absolutely, I’m getting them both. When it was all said and done, I had five new (to me) tops! And all for under 20 bucks.
By the way Octavia, sorry I got a little off topic. Oops.
- April 15, 2021 at 12:09 pm #478075Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 222Has thanked: 635 timesBeen thanked: 1101 times
The first full outfit i bought for myself was at goodwill. A Grey long sleeved top a black peck skirt and a pair of zip side boots as well as my black 46A front clip bra. All 3 of the bras I own are from goodwill. Can’t wait to go shopping again is been over a month…
- April 15, 2021 at 10:24 am #478031Christine ManlyBaronessRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
I like you shop at Goodwill. Here in central Wisconsin there are five stores I check a couple times a month. I just counted 100 hangers in my closet and a five drawer dresser that is full. Last week I found a pair of pink heels and two Frederic’s of Hollywood long nightgowns, one pink and one green. My nightgown drawer is full but I couldnt control my self. Not to much of a demand for size 2x so I have much to choose from. I get them home and alter them. I purchased a sew machine so I could make adjustments to size 12 jeans. My hips are much smaller than a womens.
Last summer I was there and out of the corner of my eye I saw my sister shopping. She didnt see me, it was a close call.
- April 12, 2021 at 7:23 am #476838Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 292Has thanked: 1084 timesBeen thanked: 1181 times
Octavia, I had the same thing happen to me just awhile back before all this lock down stuff. All underdressed with my pantyhose on so I could go shoe shopping at DSW when I was almost out the door and my son wanted to come with me to see if he could find some new shoes as well. Well that put a stop to trying anything on but I did do some looking around to find anything I liked to return the next day and try on and purchase them. So not a complete wasted trip.
- April 10, 2021 at 7:41 pm #476159Gloria ReneeLadyRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 171Has thanked: 2233 timesBeen thanked: 826 times
As much as I love to shop and dress, please remember that these are your kids and they want to spend time with you. Not all of us have that luxury.
Right now, I barely get any time for anything due to a crappy job and crappy hours. No time for anyone, kids, wife, and myself, let alone my other half.
Please enjoy your time with your kids is all I ask. They grow so fast.
Sorry about the pulpit, ladies.
- April 10, 2021 at 6:59 pm #476152Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3904 times
Your post made me smile thinking of my youngest son who still lives with us until he finishes school. He keeps me from dressing much of the time. The other day we were cleaning out the trunk to fit a rifle case in before he went camping, and he took out my heels. I grabbed them from him and he says he’s just going to take them up to the house. I told him no, I need to take them to the cobbler and pointed out the broken sole. I think he thought they were his mother’s and I had to laugh inside.
I hope your next shopping trip goes better
- April 10, 2021 at 4:02 pm #476101Eona OhLadyRegistered On: March 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 125Has thanked: 460 timesBeen thanked: 564 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.