Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey Girls!

Does anyone have vision issues when putting on makeup?

Over the years I’ve had to start using store bought readers for looking at my phone and doing computer work.  I’ve also realized I need their help with makeup. Particularly when doing my eyes.

Hopefully one day I’ll be well versed to go by look and feel, but does anyone have a similar issue or have any suggestions?

xo – Robyn 💋💄

Anonymous

Hi Robyn,

Above age 40, the need for reading glasses is quite common…but it does create problems with doing makeup.  Have you tried a mirror which magnifies your image?  I have a compact which is actually 3 mirrors: one normal and two with different degrees of magnification.

Very True!

I’ve thought about that.  I know they’re out there all over the place.  Just gotta look and find one.

Thank you Betty Lou!

I’ve worn glasses since the age of 17.

I tried contacts and got on OK with them, but stopped because of the faff.

I have a magnifying makeup mirror – and I went to my opticians and chose some women’s frames, much to her surprise, but she was happy to make the sale, so shrugs!

Love Laura

[postquote quote=408984]

Yes, the mirror makes a big difference. Mine has 2 sides, but I don’t remember the magnification. Each mirror is surrounded by a ring light. Works very well…

I’m blind as a bat without my glasses, so putting make up on is a challenge without glasses.

I bought a 7x magnifying make up mirror, and it has helped immensely.  It has a suction cup and it attaches to the bathroom mirror.

I am quite nearsighted myself and pretty much am useless without my glasses, which I started wearing in 5th grade.  The frames I have now worn for several years (many different sets, not just one for years, lol) are the type that are almost round and metal framed, so they are pretty much unisexual.

Like DeeAnn and Laura, I have purchased a lighted makeup mirror with two sides on the main mirror.  One side is normal and when you flip it around, the other side magnifies to 7x I think,  Had it so long now I don’t remember.  Look around at any good clothing or department store and you should be able to find them at really affordable prices, especially this time of year.

PaulaF

I wear glasses since I was 12,astigmatism in my right eye.I do have to wear them when I do my make up

Robyn, Py wears glasses for driving and computer and no issues with long range. I never gave anything such as this a thought, py is coming home from an extended holiday soon . This will be her first Christmas gift to herself wow! a a make up mirror. Pyxx.

Anonymous

Robyn

I so need my glasses…golly, ok, to prove a point, I will take them off and type…

Okey, itt lurks a lyttl blurd bitt I bett yu cood knot rilly Tel the dyfrents. 🙃

Wow…see what I mean???

Smiles, grace ❤️

[postquote quote=409083]
      Grace you are hilarious! ..And I love you for it!!

🤣🤣❤️

[postquote quote=409063]
      @DeeAnn Hopings

DeeAnn – thank you so much for putting that link out there.  I bought that exact one and it arrived a couple days ago.  I used it last night and it was a GODSEND!  Another game changer for myself and anyone starting with makeup and needs their glasses.

The 10x magnification takes a little getting used to, but once you find the right spot your off to the races.

Posted new pics from last night too.  I loved how my makeup turned out!

HUGS – Robyn 😁❤️

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?