Viewing 39 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Trisha
      Duchess

Well I thought I would ask another silly question. So here it is.

What is the greatest Christmas movie ever

For its Die Hard with Die Hard 2 a close second.

💕

Trisha

Home Alone!

Anonymous

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. 🤣

Anonymous

Serendipity…. One of Many for me.. Kate Beckinsale has the cutest nose!! I want One!!!

PRETTY PINNY
      Duchess

My favourite: It’s A Wonderful Life
      Pretty Pinny

Scrooged , which tells a classic tale with a great cast

Hi Trisha!

For me it is “It’s a Wonderful Life” in black and white.

Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

Polar Express

Easy one
      Mr Magoo’s Christmas Carol
      Why this isn’t a staple of local community theatre
      Or high school theatre as a food bank fundraiser is beyond me.
      Find it. Watch it. Enjoy it!

Thanks for asking.
      -joanne

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Maybe I’m still one of the worlds oldest big kids, but I still love Charlie Brown and his sad little tree. 🙂

… and Frosty.Β  Yes, my inner kid comes out, lol.

Stevie

For old classics, the original black and white versions of ” A Christmass Carol”, “It’s a Wonderfull Life” and “A Miracle on 34th(?) Street”

For modern, the first “Die Hard” absolutely.

For cartoons, “How the Grinch stole Christmass” and second “A Charlie Brown Christmass”

Full pass on the Hallmark crap.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

For my all time classic favorite I have to go with It’s A Wonderful Life. I cry every time .

I also love the alternative ending they did on SNL with Dana Β Carvey! Hysterical!

💕 Lara

I’d be with Lara on this my favourite would be It’s a wonderful life. A friend of mine give me a DVD of it in colour and black white. James Stewart was of the best actors ever, all of the films he appeared in where good. It’s a wonderful life and The Glen Miller Story

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I like White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.

Hugs, Liara

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Trisha ,

For me it’s National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
      That squirrel running around in the house was epic.
      I like the little buggers very much.
      When I was on vacation a few years ago , there was a place where squirrels came eating nuts out of your hand !

Love Sylvia.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Trisha, tough to pick just one.

Well, here is another vote for White Christmas. Β I’ve always had a major crush on Vera Ellen!!!!!

In the cartoon world, Dr. Seuss The Grinch. Β Love the dog!!!

And for much more recent flicks, I have to admit I really like “Last Christmas”. Β Emilia Clarke is just so darn cute. Β Never knew she could sing. Β GoT never took advantage of that skill.

Take care, have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Krista.

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Christmas Vacation for sure! Β It is the only movie I watch every year, right after I put up the lights!

I guess it must show, as my daughter bought me a genuine Cousin Eddy flap cap for Christmas last year.

Anonymous

March of the wooden soldiers and Charlie Brown with his Christmas tree 🎄 the moral of the story it’s,,, so good 🙏💕🎄 and than when they do The marathons of the honeymooners and the Twilight zone but don’t mind me,,, I am now showing my age lol where does all the time,,,, go!!! lol but let’s not forget,,, [ it’s the Reason for the Season] 🎄 +++ 🙏 Be * Blessed everyone & peace & goodwill to everyone +++ Kara

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you for your message

My absolute favourite is The Muppet Christmas Carol, the whole family (and any guests) watch it every Christmas.

Stephanie x

Anonymous

Trisha…..

there’s only one for this girl…” Love actually “….

Brilliant cast, script and such fun!

Grace ❤️

Billy Mack for president… haha!!!!

Love Love Actually Actually.

Gets my vote too, laugh more than β€˜Home Alone’ , cry more than β€˜It’s a Wonderful Life’ and Alan Rickman is better without the German accent!

❤️B

Anonymous

Bianca…Alan Rickman was a legend…..the best sheriff of Nottingham ever!!!!

That’s it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.”.

absolutely wonderful xxx

Anonymous

Absolutely – the best

Peta Mari
        Lady

I agree. And the “Holiday” is a close 2nd.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

“Miracle on 34th Street”, followed by the 1953 version of “A Christmas Carol” for this girl.

Trisha
        Duchess

I am a huge Christmas Carol fan.Β  But only 1 version. I was wondering if someone was going to list this with a year. And yay. You did.

🎁

Trisha

Angela Booth
      Hostess

‘It’s a wonderful life’ for me. Although ‘Santa Claus conquers the martians’ was one of the worst films made but, as kids, seemed okay!

Anonymous

Call me what you will-
      I still
      Admire β€œ The Snowman”.
      ( especially as we might not see snow again!!!)
      Anya

There’s plenty in my garden right now if you want some🤣

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

Hi Trisha,

No thought required here. But it’s two.

“It’s a wonderful Life” – no explanation needed surely?

and

“The Sound of Music” – a family tradition

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Bad Santa

Rudulph red nose reindeer

Anonymous

Hi Trisha

I really liked ELF

Love Sarahxx

Jes T
      Lady

My wife loves A Christmas Story, must watch it a couple times every year. For me, Scrooged is always fun – love Carol Kane’s christmas fairy, so much fun.

Anonymous

Hi All

It’s certainly not the best movie ever, but i like Nativity

Also Die Hard is an excellent movie

Yippy I Hay

Anonymous

A Christmas Story with the leg lamp & A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim as Scrooge

Revel
      Baroness

What a great topic, Trisha! It’s tough to pick just one so…

When I was younger, I loved the animated classic “Frosty the Snowman” with the great Jimmy Durante! I still love it to this day. ♥️⛄

I also love “A Christmas Carol” starring George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge, and “A Christmas Story” as well. My Daddy loves that movie too, and when I was a kid, he bought me the 50th Anniversary Red Ryder BB gun, and I still have my blue-steel beauty. ♥️🎄

I have grown up with three versions of the same story:Β  “A Christmas Carol”.

Vers 1 was the first I can remember seeing with Ole Ebenezar played by none other than Mr. McGoo.

Vers 2 was the old original in black and white, and I can’tΒ  remember who all starred in it, but it was the spookiest of the three.

Vers 3 is the best, IMO, with George C. Scott.Β  That one finishes just ahead of his version of Beauty and The Beast (which I highly recommend also).

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.

You missed out what is undoubtedly the best version ever… The Muppet Christmas Carol!

-A.

I have seen it, and enjoyed it Andi.Β  I thought it best to leave it at three, as technically, only one was asked for.

Revel
          Baroness

I love the Muppets and it’s a very good movie, but I like George C. Scott as Scrooge more than Michael Cain as Scrooge. 😉

Anonymous

Paula….. George C Scott was brilliant….but in all of the versions… I love the ending best….where he gives it all away….I know exactly what’s going to happen, but I still love it!!!!…god bless every one of us!!

Anonymous

I Agree about Die hard. Last year my wife and I made the pilgrimage to Nakatomi Plaza for the first time.Β  If you can find it read 58 Minutes by Walter Wager.Β  It is the book Die Hard 2 is based on .Β  Better than the movie.

Maybe not the greatest, but this time of the year I love watching all of the Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.

Anonymous

Animated Frosty the Snowman

Elf

Little drummer boy

Nancy
      Lady

I’ve got a huge list that I try to get through every Christmas season. But, a couple of my must see movies are Elf and The Santa Clause.

For a more classic Christmas movie, the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol. But, really I love just about any version of A Christmas Carol.

Birel

Revel
        Baroness

I like the George C. Scott version best. I remember watching it on TV when I was younger, and to this day, the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (Death) is the scariest in this movie! 💀

Nancy
          Lady

Agreed. And that was the version I grew up watching, so I’m sure that is part of my love of this version. You know how some movies just pull you in and you get so emotionally immersed in the story that you literally forget that you are sitting in your own living room in modern times? Yeah, that’s George C. Scott’s A Christmas Carol for me.

Birel

Revel
            Baroness

Yes! I grew up watching it too sister, and you’re right about how some movies pull you in and make you feel. Movies can be an escape from reality. 😊

Anonymous

Being a Tim Allen fan, The Santa Clause for sure and the sequels.

Hugs…Dana

Revel
        Baroness

I remember seeing the first one in a movie theater, and when he was becoming the new Santa Claus how fast he was putting on weight! 😄

Anonymous

It’s not Christmas until Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Tower.
      My son has it timed so that he falls at
      midnight. We watch it every year.
      After that “A Charlie Brown Christmas” is a must see each season.

Hugs, Jillian

P.S. “Linus and Lucy” is my favorite Christmas song.

Well Trisha, you just named the top 2 xmas movies for me too, with A Christmas Story in 3rd place.

Revel
      Baroness

I love “A Charlie Brown Christmas” as well. It has a heartwarming message. 💖

Charles Schulz was a Minnesotan, and I remember going to “Camp Snoopy” at Mall of America years ago.

Sara Todd
      Lady

SCROOGED with Bill Murray

We always watch the Muppet Christmas Carol. I also like A Christmas Story.

Anonymous

RudolphΒ  saved ChristmasΒ  famous reindeer of all. 😀

Leonara
      Ambassador

Yup Rudolph just had to visit the island of the β€œmisfit toys” .. sometimes I can relate to them lol

Anonymous

same here Leonara lol

Leonara
      Ambassador

👍🏼👍🏼

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?