Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello All, I was a CDH member long ago and didn’t bother to go very deep with interacting or posting for that matter. After giving it some thought, I decided it might be fun to try again with membership. I’m hoping to have correspondence with other members for friendship, support and learning. So, how do you cope with getting older? Has that led to a pause in interest and dressing up? Please read my Profile to learn more about me. Best, Jenn

Hi Jenn welcome back it’s nice to meet you, I’m a mature crossdresser I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, that’s what got me started on this journey to explore my femininety, like a lot of girls on here I’ve tried to deny my crossdressing life but I’ve not succeeded to my relief, I’ve finally accepted that Roz will be with me for the rest of my life X

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Like a lot of us Jenn we didn’t have those opportunities to express ourselves when we were young having to stifle those urges until later in life. From what you say you went headlong into HRT and the idea to transition. That was quite a move and understandably you have had reservations about surgery due to age. Now you are left with the effects of hormones and a dilemma. There are a few questions, did you have counselling or dialogue with your doctor before taking the path? And the next would be what did you discuss with your wife as this would be a shock if coming out of the blue.

If it was a quick decision then I can perhaps see where the doubts came from. You have had over 60 years as a male and that will have a big effect on your thinking and processes and the way you are is incompatible with female, hence the way you feel. Maybe this is a time to stop and have a good think about where you want to be. The biggie is to ask yourself if you want to appear feminine and would that be full time or just occasionally. if you wish to progress then it is a time of learning to condition yourself to act feminine and find your persona. Work the male side out and the female side in. I always think that males have repressed the female traits and can allow them to develop and come out. It isn’t clear where your wife is but if she is still in your life talk to her and see if she would be willing to help or look to a trans club or organisation who you could engage with.

I can only say from experience that it takes a long time to make the transition. I have done so over many years and have not had surgery but have achieved a full time role. You may be a couple of years older than me but there is still time.

Hi Jenn,
      Glad your journey circled you back. Hope you will find what was missing last time.
      For me getting older, once I get past the number. Has let me drop some of my inhibitions and let me focus on what just makes me really happy. So now I dress up for happiness, heck with the rest.
      I admire your courage and tenacity to see where your heart took you. Pretty cool journey so far 😊
      Love to talk more if you want public or private.
      Kari

Hi Jenn
      Welcome back it would be lovely to chat sometime.
      Sarah xx

Hi Jenn, and welcome back. As far as getting older. I just turned 75 and thanks to Paulette I feel and look (or so I have been told) at least twenty years younger. She makes me feel young and I am thankful for that. Concerning your situation, I will send you a private message, but quite frankly I would do NOTHING in haste (but then it sounds to me that is not your nature)! I must also say I admire and respect the position you have taken. You have indeed shown that “to thine own-self be true” is just not a quote from Shakespeare! Hugs, Paulette

Hi Jenn,

Welcome back to CDH!

You’re among friends and those who have struggled through different life events.  If you decide to, counseling could be a good choice to look at your options.  Your minister or pastor may be a starting place.  Or a professional who is trained in gender issues

Alice

Hi Jenn nice to meet you and so happy you are back home as a sister and family member you are back where you belong .. We allways leave the light on so girls like yourself can find there way home so rekindle old friendships and start some new ones .. Just do us a small favor and return to your profile page and fill in some more please as this is how we get to know you better .. Thanks girlfriend and as usual look around and read some forums and posts then join in with a story or two about yourself again nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Welcome back Jenn. I am looking forward to seeing you on your journey.

Anonymous

Well the girls 👧 here are great and lots of fun. We are glad to have you welcome to the site

Good Morning Ladies,

I want to thank all of you for your kindness and warmth in welcoming back to CDH. I’m hoping to get to know all of you!

Best,
      Jenn

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Welcome back, Jenn! I would love to chat with you some!

Erika

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Welcome back to CDH Jenn!

I’m a bit younger and started transitioning about a year ago.  I agree that it’s not easy….and I feel like it’s my only viable option.  The alternative is a miserable life.

I’m an optimist.  If there’s a solution to a problem it becomes a challenge.  It’s never too late to reinvent your life.  That’s how I see transitioning.  That outlook rewards me every day.  I’m a happy girl.

Obviously that’s my experience and mine alone.  YMMV.

/EA

Hi Emily,

I am wondering if I could private message you to chat about our experience with hormones and transitioning.

Thanks,
        Jenn

Hi Jenn, welcome :-). If anything, as I have gotten older, my dressing has become more regular and more bold. I guess I care less and less what other think as I get older

xo Tara

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?