Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I joined a few years back, however the website seems to think I’m brand new and asking me to do an intro post again. Is this a bug or will it always do this?

Anyways, hello again! I actually decided to come back and make a post for a different reason. Over the last week I decided to be a little bit daring and wear a couple of skirts outside in public for the first time. Until this evening, I’d chosen to wear headphones and listen to music to help with confidence whilst going to meet a few people I trusted to be around, and that worked okay.

Tonight though, in good spirits, I cycled back without my headphones on and when passing by 2-3 people outside a lap dancing club I caught a part of the conversation with one person saying something like “Is that a tranny cycling?”. I knew something like this, and possibly a lot worse, might happen one day but it shock me up a little bit. This alongside accidentally locking myself out, whilst out for lunch in a different skirt, and having to go visit my ex to get my spare set. She wasn’t expecting that and I hadn’t planned on having that conversation! She was lovely, to be fair, but it was quite awkward and emotional for her with me having to explain where I was coming from.

What were the first difficult moments for you lot, and how did you deal with them?

Hi Denise,

Thanks for posting and nice to meet you.

Alice

Anonymous

Well glad to hear you are coming back join in with everyone and welcome

Hi Denise, and welcome back to getting into the ‘action’. I ride my bicycle daily and sometimes I ride my wife’s girl’s bicycle as Paulette. My biggest fear used to be “What if I have an accident”? And then I realized I have reached the age where I don’t really care. Several years ago I was an EMT with our local volunteer fire department. Once, I encountered a crossdresser when responding to an auto accident. I must admit to my surprise when I opened her blouse to examine her to discover she was a guy. (This was before I had returned to ‘serious’ CD’ing, but I was still a little envious of how good she looked). I remember nobody said anything or did anything other than attending to the patient. (Of course I suspect there was some ‘snickering” later at the nurse’s station in the hospital, but that’s to be expected.) I think what I am trying to say, is while there may be an occasional comment or slur from some low-grade moron, the world has certainly become more accepting of us (or maybe they are just too preoccupied trying to get by to really care)! Hugs, Paulette

Yeah, I hear you Paulette, it was just a shock to hear it despite knowing it would happen one day. I wasn’t prepared for how it made me feel, it’s not something I ever had to even consider dealing with before. I know that’s a privilege of my position in society, however it doesn’t really help with that emotional reaction. I need to process it, come to terms with it and then try to move on.

The people I actually know have been ace, I was out in a pub playing bar billiards with a friend, she thought I was being really brave. That’s probably added to the shock actually, even my ex who was better than I would’ve expected. Really, she just wanted to understand, and then she wanted to offer constructive advice about how I was dressed. She googled for examples that she liked. She was also worried, not about me but other people and what they might do or say, because she has had friends who are trans-women and heard some awful stories about how they’ve been treated.

Hi Denise, I know exactly what you mean. A good friend of mine, who has a very successful blog, told me yesterday that she was in a bar a few days ago when a drunk woman started calling her ‘tyranny’ and even less flattering names. She said what was interesting is everyone in the bar (including the drunk woman’s husband) took my friends part. So as far as I am concerned we come a long ways. Of course it helps to be my age. I just don’t give a damn what others think (apart from family and friends). Hugs, Paulette

Anonymous

My knee jerk respond – well, you got the worst over with.  I will respond to more of your ordeal a bit later (bedtime and sleepy),  but had to share and comment on your angst.

k

Hi Denise nice to have you return and ha ha start over  if you havent been here in a while things have changed a little but mostly the same .. Rekindle old friendships and start some new ones  lots of new girls here to chat with so jump right in and have fun hope to see you around for a chat sometime.. Also nice meeting you ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Hi, Denise.  Thank you for sharing.  One of my most difficult moments was the first time I went out in public.  I was very nervous and unsure of myself.  A compliment on my appearance from a salesgirl at the store where I was shopping helped me feel much better and boosted my confidence.

Mine was the time in eighth grade that I wore my twin sisters school uniform (traditional Catholic white blouse, pleated skirt, knee highs and saddleshoes) to church under my raincoat, only to have the ‘good-sisters discover what I as wearing when I genuflected at the altar. They were the same Dominican nuns that taught in our nearby school and they recognized me immediately. After church I was brought before the priest, who in turn called my parents. Needless to say it did not go well, especially when i tried to say I did it as a joke only to have my sister attest to the frequency with which I ‘joked-around’ in that manner. To wit my dad’s ‘corrective action’ was a spanking for my irreverence, followed by my getting my mouth washed out with soap for lying. Unlike today however no one wanted to either head-shrink evaluate me or bless me with gender corrective therapy. Instead I was given a crew-cut, made to become a choir boy and told to man up. Needless to say the billowy red and white skirt and tunic blouse that the choir boys wore in those days only left me singing my heart out with joy. In the process it established in my persona an excitement over publicly presenting myself in-fem, in that the whole thing gave me a confidence to embrace the ensuing humiliation as a source of sensual stimulation and rebellion, where others would only feel shame. In the end I have found it has always been best when I marched to the beat of my own drum, and can only advise others such as yourself to do the same. Let your guilt and shame be liberating and you will truly be free indeed.

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Denise,

I do not have an answer for your question about returning and the site not remebering you….  If you like, please contact our Managing Ambassador with details of your question, such as when you were a previous site member and the user name. LINK: https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/contact-the-managing-ambassador/

Meanwhile, Welcome BACK! to our amazing CrossDresserHeaven (CDH) site. So glad you have RE-joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrosDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via [ PM ] Private Messages.  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need such as Help Center or Ambassadors by using the links in the top R/H drop down 3 bar [ hamburger ] menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat, Groups, etc.

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

=========== Link to our public Chat room   ==============

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/chat/

Hello again Denise,

I’m back on the site again myself, i gave up just before Xmas, but the pull was to much to resist, once a girl always a girl,

Hugs Rozalyn X

I must upload a picture of myself soon X

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?