• Creator
    Topic
    Peggy Sue Williams
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2019
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 238

CD/Trans groups come and go over the years here in Atlanta.  I’ve been active and semi-active with a few, although the virus scare has halted most groups from meeting.  Between that and family issues, I have not met with another CD in about a year.

Some groups lose direction and purpose, while others one simply outgrows.  Some groups include CDs, trans, and costume players.  Including admirers can get tricky, if not uncomfortable.

Some groups like to do macho guy stuff, while dressed as girls (yes really), while other groups stick exclusively to girl stuff.  Some “girls” believe a wig and a dress make a girl, while others of us go all out, head to toe to make as feminine a presentation as possible, paying attention to every little detail.

Maybe the “group” idea is past its time, and annual or semi-annual multi-day “conferences” are the new trend?

I am just thinking out loud.

Any thoughts or comments?

Remember Casa Susanna, circa 1950s, early 1960s?  Life was much simpler then.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Camryn Occasionnel
      Duchess
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 416

Oh, I quite remember Casa Susanna, Peggy Sue, because it was you who introduced me to this wonderful group of early CDs who were way ahead of their time (your post of Nov., 2019). I was only in my mid-teens in the early 60’s with nary a CD thought in my head, but now, looking back, I wish I could’ve been a part of that tight-knit, secretive community.

After buying the picture book Casa Susanna and reviewing these vintage photos, I became fascinated by the sweet camaraderie shown by these girls for each other. I still flip thru it occasionally when I need some “CD encouragement” or feel the need to wallow in tearful nostalgia.

This book should be a cherished entry in the library of every mature CD who ever wanted to be a part of something so special and “missed it by that much”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      JOJO
      Lady
      Registered On: August 5, 2018
      Replies: 40

I belong to a support group and it has been absolutely beneficial to me regarding my crossdressing. The sharing of experiences is something that one can build upon.

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 221

I might go to a group thing of i knew there was one close enough, and it accepted SOs. In always happier when I’m with my wife.

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 2445

Hi Peggy Sue,

I’ll have to goggle Casa Susanna.

Alice

Fiona Shrek
      Lady
      Registered On: September 18, 2020
      Replies: 15

I for one would love to find a support group just to relieve the loneliness. This site is ok but not the same as personal contact.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 728

I doubt support groups will go away as there is a need for them everywhere.  Many are just on hold for now as are the big conferences.

Life in the 50’s may have been much simpler if you were a white male. Not so much for everyone else and certainly not for LGBT etc.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.