- This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- September 20, 2023 at 4:09 am #767596Holly MarieParticipantRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
I’ve just come back from a holiday around Central Europe (absolutely brilliant, by the way – especially Slovakia!) While I was waiting to get on the train at Vienna main station, a man got off, carrying a small child in a push chair, and followed by his wife/girlfriend. The man was wearing a not very nice skirt and a truly horrible pair of flat, pink shoes. No one seemed to even give him a second glance, while my immediate thought was “Don’t like your skirt, and those shoes are HIDEOUS!” Now I think of it, my reaction wasn’t quite what it would have been, say, 15 years ago; the gender question just didn’t even enter my thoughts. The fact that this was quite definitely a genetic male never came into it – I was only focussed on the fact that he obviously had awful taste in clothes and (especially) shoes. Does this make me a better person overall – or was I just being bitchy and judgemental? Holly XXX
- September 20, 2023 at 11:22 pm #767751J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1110Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 4696 times
I do not care what other people wear, but I do evaluate it in my own mind, but would never comment on it. It is not my place to be the fashion police, and people can wear what they like, and I can like it or not, as long as I keep it to myself.
It would be nice if others did the same, and generally they do. If a guy is wearing a dress, so be it, that is his choice. If a woman wants to dress like a tramp, again, that is her choice. If I want to dress en femme, it affects no one but me, so I would hope others will just let me be, whether they approve or not.
- September 20, 2023 at 12:36 pm #767685Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 858Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 3776 times
- September 20, 2023 at 12:03 pm #767683
- September 20, 2023 at 11:41 am #767680ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 797Has thanked: 3143 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
When I’m out and about I do look at others and probably more often females and what they’re wearing. I barely notice physical features unless some overly obvious feature sticks out. But I seldom compare what they’re wearing to how they look. Mostly its – is that something I’d like to wear or more often gee that’s sort of how I would really like to look…if given the chance. What people wear now is so all over the place and since I really dont know those I glance at, I have no idea of who they might really be. And I guess I’m aware that if I’m judging them they have every right to judge me so I try really hard not to. Sadly I do fail on occasion.
- September 20, 2023 at 11:52 am #767682
- September 20, 2023 at 8:01 am #767648MelodeeLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 94Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 470 times
People walk through this world presuming that everyone thinks the way they do. Having not been in anyone else’s head, this is a normal thing to presume.
However, it’s entirely incorrect. In fact, very few people will think the same way you do. They’ve different genetics and life experiences, and so will have wildly different ways of thinking.
For those that have a critical viewpoint – finding everything they don’t like about an outfit – I would expect that reflects heavily on their own self image: “People will look at me and mentally judge/critique me this same way!” The reality, however, is that most people simply can’t be bothered.
So – wear what you want. Look how you want. Worry less what’s in the minds of people you don’t know. ;)
- September 20, 2023 at 9:01 am #767660Julie DayDuchessRegistered On: December 20, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 173Has thanked: 162 timesBeen thanked: 731 times
- September 20, 2023 at 9:24 am #767668
- September 20, 2023 at 8:28 am #767656Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
Melodee: I think that you say what most of us actually know: we don’t really worry about what other people are wearing but what about me? I should NOT be making a judgement about anyone else based on their genetic makeup – NOT anything to do with me! But these shoes were so, so horrible…
- September 20, 2023 at 7:24 am #767639Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 1202Has thanked: 6027 timesBeen thanked: 5465 times
I know what you mean Holly. Whenever I am out in male or female mode I am looking at what other people wear with a critical mind. I feel like the fashion police at times . I am sure we all here are constantly aware of how people dress despite the gender
- September 20, 2023 at 7:14 am #767630Lauren RussellLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2023Topics: 4Replies: 310Has thanked: 965 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
Definite female reaction! I do things like that all the time. I can’t tell you how many times, I have looked at a woman and was mentally critical of what she was wearing. On the other hand, I’ve had times that set me off on a shopping quest to find something I saw a woman wearing!
- September 20, 2023 at 6:41 am #767612Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1474 times
You are entitled to your opinion. As long as you did not voice or show a facial look, no one is offended. You did give me a good lesson as my personality becomes more female. You noticed the attire, not the wearer. That’s a total female reaction. On a lighter note, reminded of a movie quote. “ Remember my friends, there is no shame in being poor, only in dressing poorly.”
- September 20, 2023 at 7:13 am #767629Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
That is a fantastic quote! I’m now going to look it up – and when the internet fails me, I’ll gt back to you for further details… Holly XXX
- September 21, 2023 at 6:41 am #767793AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
It is a line from the movie Zorro the gay blade. Withe George Hamilton. Very funny movie.
- September 20, 2023 at 4:24 pm #767717Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1474 times
By now you have found “ Zorro the Gay Blade. Forget the title, it is hilarious. Hamilton is good in 4 different characters, Bunny Wigglesworth is priceless. but Ron Lieberman is great as the alcalde. “ do you know what this is?” With sword, zorro draws a Z on wall. “ si senor it is a 2. No! It is a Z for zorro.” Or, “ he was dressed like a fruit, what kind of fruit, in yellow, like a banana”. But the best, “2 bits, 4 bits , 6 bits, a peso. All for zorro stand up and say so!” Top 10 comedy I swear!
2 users thanked author for this post.
- September 20, 2023 at 4:59 am #767606Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 18Replies: 1247Has thanked: 981 timesBeen thanked: 5268 times
- September 20, 2023 at 7:19 am #767634LadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
It just makes me think – “Am I wearing stuff that awful?” Is it right for me to judge, whether this is a man, woman, CD, TG or whoever? I was just intruiged by my reaction – and then proud… and then confused. I’m sure I’ll work it out before long… maybe… Holly XXX
- The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.