Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

I got the news today that my wife has decided she wants to separate. Guess I have more time to get to know Erika better

rhonda
      Lady

Probably better off now you can enjoy yourself and become a better girl even faster Good luck

so sorry to hear that Erika

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Sorry to hear that Erika! I wish you a very amicable separation, and hope that you can have more time for Erika afterwards.

💕Lara

Sorry to hear about that Ericka,maybe its for the best.One day at a time,at least it gives you more time as Ericka and it may work out best for you.

Sorry to hear about that Erika.   I hope it’s amicable.

I went through it years ago if you ever need to talk

Susan.

Sorry to hear that. Been through the separation and divorce. Not for the same reason, but it’s not fun either way. Hoping for the best for you.

Anonymous

Sorry to hear this Erika. I too have been through a separation and divorce and it’s always tough.

Hope things work out OK for you and, as you say, more time to be the real you.

Gemma. X

Sorry to hear that Erika hopefully things will turn out for the best for you and for her. Does she know anything about Erika and your desire and or evolution? Separation and divorce can be very stressful times but also can be a healing time down the road. Wishing you the best in this and how it all turns out for you.

Hugs April

Erika Henderson
        Duchess - Annual

She does not know about Erika, so yes, I do get to explore this side of myself more freely.

Anonymous

Sorry you are going through this Erika. Hopefully you find solace in your increased Erika time. Good luck.

Erika –

Sorry to hear you’re going through this

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hi Erika I’m sorry to hear about your separation from your SO,

I’m sorry i can’t give you any advice about it as I’m still in the closet to my wife, i don’t think i will come out to her as she says she doesn’t understand why some men want to dress like women, the only thing i can say is if you happen to meet someone else i would advise you to tell them up front about your crossdressing life and let them decide, that’s what i would do if i got divorced i would tell them up front I’m a crossdresser and let them decide X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Erika Henderson
        Duchess - Annual

It would definitely be a conversation early in the relationship. It’s not the crossdressing that is causing us to separate, we have many, many other problems

So sorry to hear this Erika. I’ve been there.

Very sorry to hear that Erika! I wish you both the best. Hopefully she just needs time. Take care.

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Erika, I can sympathize – I came out to my wife in summer 2021. We were in separate bedrooms by January, separated this June, and divorcing soon. I won’t say it is mainly due to this, but it may have “tipped the scales”. I am also actively transitioning, which may be past where you are.

In defense of our SOs, when we change so radically, there are three possible reactions: tolerance, acceptance, or rejection/denial. We all dream acceptance and encouragement would be the expected reaction, but our SOs just found out the person they thought they married has a “secret life” so it feels like we are cheating, with our feminine persona being the other woman. I guess that’s not too far off, when it gets down to it. But what they don’t most times recognize is we didn’t feel safe coming out to them or anyone else until this moment. They don’t want change, while that is all we think about.

I’m sorry you are going through this. But use this time to have some very hard conversations where you both honestly tell the other what you want and need. The wants can be negotiated, the needs cannot without causing terrible psychological and physical damage.

Hugs,

Brie

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you Brielle you have such a way with words thank you for sharing your experience..
        Leonara

😢🤗

Anonymous

I am so sorry to hear about this Erika. I hope that the process goes smoothly for you. So sorry.

CelesteCD
      Lady

I’m sorry Erika. I hope you are doing ok all things considered.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, Erika. My own separation and divorce (not at all CD related) was a grueling, emotional slog, but it did create the conditions necessary for a happier life in time. I wish you the best.

I’m sorry Erika. But every closed door leads to a different new door. Use the time and opportunity to better connect with Erika and find peace in that.

Best wishes

Tara

Sorry to hear about this. I’ve been married 3 times (all 3 wives knew of my crossdressing before I ever asked them to marry me) the first wife left (or rather, I left her) because she didn’t think she should stop sleeping with other men even though she was married. She just wasn’t too keen on marriage, but was all for my dressing, we both enjoyed it. Second wife was fine with crossdressing until got involved (23 yrs into our relationship) with a very conservative church, whose main train of thought was if you’re not white, heterosexual, you’re a sinner and basically scum of the earth…that caused a lot of problems in our marriage. She also donated a lot of money to that church and so the downfall began. Still married to the third wife who varies in her thoughts on having a husband called Kristen, but we are compatible in most other regards. I hope this is the best thing for you.

Jennifer Lang
      Duchess

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Hope you get through it and you and your SO come out the other side happier.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Erika, I’m not going to say sorry, or hope things work out, or now you’re free because I don’t know how your life has been, but I will offer you someone to talk to, should you feel the need, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

Sherri

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m sorry to hear this, Erika. When one door closes, another one opens up. Look towards that open door and find your peace. It may well be that Erika is that open door for you or you may find other doors. I got divorced about 6 years ago (not related to CD) and that opened up a host of new doors for me, including CD.

If you would like to chat, share or vent, please do reach out. We’re all here to support you in whatever way possible.

Love and hugs,
      Jen

I’m very sorry to hear this, Erika. On the other hand, it’s an opportunity for you not only to get more in touch with your feminine side, but also to understand your motivations. Through therapy, self-reflection, and talking to my wife, I have come to realize that:

• I get stronger urges to dress if I feel we’re apart emotionally and/or physically;
      • This usually throws me in a spiral where I stop seeking her attention and count on my autogynephilia to find satisfaction, and we grow further apart; and
      • The urges don’t go away when we’re closer, and in these situations dressing feels more like an empowering moment than an erotic one.

This means that nowadays, whenever the urges get stronger, I try to get closer to her because now I take it as a sign. It’s not only a sign that we’re growing apart, as dressing is actually the only moment I feel somewhat beautiful, but it’s definitely one of the signs.

I do hope you and she can find a solution, but in case you cannot I hope you get to understand yourself better so that in a new relationship dressing doesn’t get in your way.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mariana S..

I’m so sorry!

Sorry to hear this Erica. Some don’t have the capacity to handle us. Just the way they are wired sadly. Stay strong.
      hugs, Jill

Sorry, sweetie.

Big hug,
      W.

Erika
      I am sorry to hear this. How are you coping these first few months? I don’t like to pry, but is your wife separating because of your dressing?
      I am sure things will work out…one door closes, another opens.
      Hugs
      Christine

Erika Henderson
        Duchess - Annual

I have been coping very well.  This has given me the opportunity to spend more time as Erika, and discover how much I love her.  We did not divorce because of Erika, the ex-spouse never knew about her.

Thank you!

Erika

It doesn’t sound like you are too broken up, or surprised about it. These things don’t happen over night, so it’s probably been a long time coming. Glad you can see an upside to the situation. I wish you both the best and hope you have a good support network.

I know how you feel Erika.  It’s been 4 months since my divorce became final.  My ex knew I was a CD, but she never saw me dressed in person.  And it is not the reason she left.  I’ve gotten used to living alone again.  The good news is now I can keep Kerri’s clothes and lingerie in a closet and dresser instead of the attic.  Good luck to you.

Having gone through that I have two pieces of advice

1) take your time. Don’t try and dive in full-fem overnight. Get comfortable with the idea and learn what you style and personality are. I spent a lot of money on styles and changes that really weren’t for me. Wish I had that back.
      2) have fun. The pink fog will be very heavy in the weeks to come. (Wink)

i have never been married nor in a relationship with a woman, so i cannot speak from experience, but i do hope this separation will offer you new opportunities as Erika.  May your new life be rewarding and exciting!

with love,

veiledbrenda

Becka
      Lady

I know I’m late on the reply, but sorry for that news. This is a fear of mine. There is so much to lose, but I’ve lost a lot by not being true to myself.

sorryso to here that

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?