Why do you use the gym ?

• I use the gym, for both aesthetics and health, equally.29.55%26 votes
  • I use the gym, for health, enjoying the aesthetic results as a side effect.22.73%20 votes
  • I have another health and fitness regimen that works for me.18.18%16 votes
  • I don't go to the gym.14.77%13 votes
  • I want to go to the gym but haven't found the motivation/time/money/gym buddy.7.95%7 votes
  • I use the gym for Aesthetic reasons with health as a side effect.6.82%6 votes
  • Creator
    Topic
    Imogen Mann
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 135

I have just resumed gym membership after a long break. I have done this because I am unhappy about the way age and lack of exercise are changing my body and I don’t like what I see in the mirror, especially in short or tight dresses, and oh please don’t mention the double chin !  I am primarily there to look better, and secondarily for my health.
    I wonder, how many others among us are using, or thinking about using a gym to enhance our looks rather than our health.

Be very interested to see comments and other views or reasons.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Dawn Wyvern
      Participant
      Registered On: February 23, 2019
      Replies: 58

I used to do sport at an international level for many years, and raced and coached canoeing all over the world. Then My partner and I took 6 yrs out and cycled round the world as well… so have had a good grounding in exercise and fitness.

I am now in my 60s and still paddle 10k regularly as well as run and cycle.

I have a reasonably good fitness programme that is not based around a gym, and have been able to keep myself quite fit, however the sedentarily nature of my job and maturing have not helped me keeping my weight down to where I like it to be over the last few months.

Like many people on here we all would like to have a super model figure, however all the years of canoeing have meant that I won’t ever achieve that .. so I work with what I have and live by the ‘eat less, exercise more’ philosophy.

As mentioned above a few times – the mental attitude is 80 % of the battle – having a target and motivation are the driving force behind fitness and weight maintenance!  – the hardest thing is to put the kit on and getting out of the door … doing is easy !!

So to quote a shoe maker – Just Do It !

Hugs

Dawn

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Anne Preuss
      Participant
      Registered On: December 13, 2018
      Replies: 412

Since embracing my femme side about 2 years ago, my gym use has changed as well as my lifestyle habits.  My desire to have a slimmer more femme form, has resulted in my doing less resistance training to the upper body.  I was too bulked up in my shoulders and arms.  I now use less weight to maintain a muscle tone but I am definitely weaker as well but not as bulked up.  I have focused more of my resistance training on my lower body to increase my glutes and upper thighs to try and gain a bigger butt/more womanly figure.  I needed to lose weight so I eat less and eat smarter by shifting calories from carbs to protein-based foods….At 5’8″ I have gone from 182 pounds to 155 pounds with a goal of getting to 145.  I’m healthier as a result of wanting to dress and look feminine….sounds like a wonderful thing to me. 🙂

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Davida Mae
        Participant
        Registered On: January 14, 2019
        Topics: 6
        Replies: 179

Thank You. I just recently joined a gym. My man belly is my target zone. At 193 my current goal is 180 (175 is my long range goal) I’m not sure I like the idea of losing strength especially knowing how many feel about Crossdressing. Thank You for your input💋

4 users thanked author for this post.
          https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
          Registered On:
          Topics: 4
          Replies: 237

Muscles are just the fibers, strength really comes from the tendons and muscle fascia; soft tissue connections in the body! Big muscles actually slow you down, just vanity IMHO. For true strength work on connecting tip of your fingers to your toes thru internal connections and ‘relaxing’.

For that, focus on basically holding a comfortable relaxed stretch for a couple of minutes. It’ll suck and feel like everything is burning but the muscles will naturally get a lot denser without getting bigger which all around better for you! It also pulls on the bones slightly so at a microscopic scale it opens the fibers up a little then the bones naturally fill in the gaps. That just happens thru good stretching.

Youtube Zhan Zhuang Qi Gong and hold yourself like that! Single posture. Pay attention to deep belly breathing and relaxation, the stretch activates the tendons which work as soft tissue connections between the bones and muscles. Very spiritual too and I’m an atheist. Again we’re not looking for like marathon or gold medal athlete stuff, this is just upkeep stuff based on how the human body is naturally put together and literally has thousands of years under it’s proverbial belt. Look up DNS Posture Principles (comes outta Prague) as well this is modern science reinforcing ancient Chinese stuff. Not like meridians or chi or anything weird like that, like “hey look this is your tendon so like, relax like this put your foot there, see you’re more relaxed now” kinda stuff.

Point being this isn’t crazy stretching or weird exercises, and it’s not like we’re getting into resistance training or cross fit or something. It’s literally just standing there, feel a good comfortable stretch, don’t lock any joints, and work on holding it then breathing through the joints, like a bellows. Hands should be like granite, elbows should breeze in the wind. It’s soft, easy, and difficult which means there’s a ton of will power required for this but it’s an incredibly soft stance to get into and the guides on youtube are actually pretty good I have to say.

Trust me the stance might actually burn like everywhere but hold it for a couple of minutes then do anything else you want. The key to this posture is that it builds very surprising strength thru like 10min a day.

I just love the soft style martial arts 🙂 do what works for you just saying thinner feminine looking arms and a MAN’S strength is absolutely doable without any doubt in my mind. Good for any human gender or shape aside. True strength is in your core and keeping your arms connected, no “hinges”, you really don’t need big arms just a super strong diagram and good tendons. I’ll put it this way what’s easier to eat cooked chicken meat or cooked chicken tendons? Get my point? Ancient Daoists knew what they were doing and it’s not like other kung fu stuff where you’ll throw your hamstring out or pull your groin trying fancy kicks or something. Nah! This is grounding strength a totally different animal we have a lot of older folks doing this stuff it truly works well (like 70s I don’t consider anyone in their 60s to be that ‘old’ at all and even 70s can be mobile healthy and strong).

Nothing wrong with wanting to be strong as an ox but it doesn’t have to come at a cost of silly big muscles 🙂

3 users thanked author for this post.
            Anne Preuss
            Participant

Hi Lilly, thank you so much for your post.   I am going to investigate what you posted as I truly wish to stay strong and vigorous into my 70’s (and beyond?) but not at the expense of having bigger arms, etc.  My goal is to be as feminine as possible (unfortunately HRT, surgery not in my future at this point).  I just hope genetics isn’t working against me when it comes to maintaining strength with thinner arms.

Davida Mae
            Participant

Very interesting & informative. Thank You for dropping this knowledge on me. I’ve been dressing about 9 months. I must admit it started as a sexual rush. But the more I experience, the more I’m exsposed to the Wild, Wonderful, World of Womanly Femininity the more I perceive it as an art form. I definitely treat my self better health wise. I consciously eat better (want to lose my man belly so my outfits looke better) In man- mode I would get impatient with girlfriends and their primped & pampering.. NOW I Get It!

Anne Preuss
          Participant

Hi Davida….you don’t have to lose your strength to lose that man belly.   Eating smarter is such a huge thing.   If you are a snacker after dinnertime, you could easily shed some pounds by just stopping the snacking for a few days.   Just don’t eat anymore after dinner….you’ll be amazed what that will do.  If you still need that snack, switch to something healthy like carrots, etc.   Another thing I will do is have a protein drink instead of solid food.   That protein drink ties in with my shifting calories from carbohydrates to protein.   Good luck.   You can do it….you just have to WANT to do it.  🙂

Davida Mae
            Participant

Tonight I’ll start putting this tip into practice and we’ll see… hopefully with positive results!💋

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Val’sheril Starsong
            Participant
            Registered On: March 3, 2019
            Topics: 5
            Replies: 260

To paraphrase Anne, it’s a willpower thing.  Find your motivation, whether that’s having more energy, emotional benefits of healthy living, or simply fitting in that size x dress… been there done that, nothing wrong with that if it gets results.  If the spirit is willing the body gets less weak.

Tammie Swenson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 328

To me going to a Gym is a large Waste of time, other than when SOGGF occasionally has me ( WITH me Fully enfem) GO with her 2 her weekly friday 6am WOMENS water aerobic class I previously mentioned in another posting here on CDH.  Since February its been ever Friday except last Friday as we were attending an out of town  Weekend Festival and why I was going with her every Friday inorder to get ready for our weekend festival last weekend. See below.

especially as I have many very active hobbies one of which is 2 hours each thursday evening of Modern Western Square dancing and twice a year (spring and fall ).all weekend Square Dance festivals, have been doing this since college in Man mode only. Occasionally at the festivals many callers will at start of a dance tip [a patter call and a singing call) will call the movement “half sashsay” or “roll away women” which put the GG women in the mans normal left side couples position and then for rest of that dance tip the men are doing the women’s part of each movement. Usually this is referred to as a “Arkie Square dance tip”.

At a festival several years ago and last weekend also there were about a hundred GG women COUPLES ,  women’s Square Dance attire that had an large letter engraved Badge with the Word “MAN” ON IT  for one of the GG WOMEN COUPLES. Also there were maybe a dozen obvious women in Mens Square dance attire always doing the mans part of the dances. Only in last year have my SOGGF ( webmet square dancing in college) and I have gotten back into to square dancing with her in a her women’s square dance attire and a “MAN” badge on. And me Full ENFEMME mode in a different One of her Women’s  Square dance outfits (able do this because most SD outfits have elastic waist skirts, petticoats and pettipants and many sd outfit blouses are generously sized for free arm movements. We both have 38DDD “gurls” ,her waist is 33″ and mine is 35″ thus with elastic waist of skirt, etc we can t share her Square dance attire except for phose and shoes.  We do this mail because outfits can be rather expensive especially the petticoats that are so full and with 200yards of organdy fabric that will make skirts stand out nearly horizontal from the waist can cost more than $200 just 4 petticoat alone. Most full outfits sans women SD shoes average $300.  Woman SD shoes range from 70$ to over, $300 depending upon how fancy they are and if the heel is more than 2″ , most under a $100 woman SD shoes r flats. But as women Sd shoes don’t come larger than women size 9, and I  wear women size 13W or 14 so I wear either a woman’s walking shoe or normal women size 13w or 14  with 1″ or 2″  heel  strapped mary Jane shoe.

This past weekend festival was a blast Friday night  7pm to 11 PM, Saturday 10am to midnight, Sunday 10am to 4pm. Sunday from 3pm to 4pm 1 solid hour of dancing without any breaks between dance tips as other dance hours of the festival.

First time Fully enfem @ a weekend festival, Not one person called me anything but Tammie or mamm. Even a couple that SOGGF and I happened upon Saturday evening while we were waiting in hotel restaurant waiting line to be seated for dinner. The other couple were in front of us, The restaurant seating hostess asked the couple in front of us if they minded sharing a four person table with another couple as the restaurant was packed full, they turned to ask us if we minded sharing a table and that was when the  other couple recognizes SOGGF, Saying to MY SOGGF we see u have a new partner, did you a Jammie break up? SOGGF said I tell you when we are seated.

The other couple are Good friends from previous festivals and only know me as jammie and not Tammie.

It wasn’t til we had been seated waiting for our server did SOGGF to left of the lady of the other couple told  her softly  when husband went to restroom,  “it’s a little secret  Tammie is really Jammie”,  we got in bad argument 4 several days a few years ago about how I dress except for work and square dancing and  never use makeup except for work and square dancing.  Long story short I told him to much cost and trouble to wear dresses and makeup every day. He said that it can be that hard.. I went on a three week business trip that following week when I came home at noon  3days early from the trip in early October 3 weeks b4 Halloween I found him wearing a  outfit of mine totally enfem trying to apply my makeup…i.was Royal ly pisssed off  as he spilled my makeup powder on the white skirt..told him as punishment if he wanted us to say together he would have to dress fully feminine in  pubic wearing bras, bikini panties,pantyhose and dresses or bodysuit and a skirt including makeup and get his hair cut in a female style thru Halloween starting that night with dinner at a restaurant downtown.  Had him undress, down to bra and panties,pantyhose even shampooed his hair and  blew dry hair and redid his attempt at makeup. Especially his eyes. Then picked out a mesh bodysuit and spandex knee length pencil skirt. Helping him putting them on he work his back walking shoes his feet to large for any of my shoes. So we went to a payless store to get him some large size high heels for our dinner and  nite downtown..and thru HalloweenThen by Halloween party he was able to dress fully ENFEMM  except 4 make up.

Morning after Halloween he came down to breakfast wearing nothing but a sexy bra and panties saying please do my makeup b4 gu leave 4 work I told I took whole week off thinking u might want to continue being Tammie so we need to get you some feminine attire of your own and makeup lessons  Since then he is now living as Tammie we just got back into square dancing, just then husband came back. Nancy the other Lady said to me Tammie let’s go to Ladies room and let touch up ur eyes your mascara is running a little bit

So that is what we did while waiting for our dinner order to come . Nancy said to me in ladies room how pretty you are as a woman

How about we all dance together as two couples of a square for rest of night I said okay but please don’t tell ur husband.

Thank you for the touch up and how nice I look!

Yes let’s do what u suggest we have previously had so many good times sharing a square dance with you both.  Just as we got back to table waitress was delivering our main entree and beverages other than initial water.

Got to run having to get dressed fully ENFEMME for an eye doctor exam appointment at ten 30 AM so I have to be fully dressed entirely enfem including shampoo hair and blow dry style hair

By 930 for 40 min subway trip to eye doctor downtown office

Bye

Miranda Lebel
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2018
      Replies: 45

Well, I do triathlons, so I use the gym quite a bit. I swim ,  run there(during winter), strength train and occasionally cycle. This year I am doing a half ironman race (1900m swim , 90 km bike, 1/2 marathon run) so I’m working out about 10 hours a week., up to 15 in the month before the race. I also try to follow a balanced diet to help with recovery.

I’m in my 60s and find that this is not only great for my overall health but improves my mobility and balance. It helps me look younger. It also has the extra benefit of keeping my waist smaller than my hips.

Val’sheril Starsong
        Participant

In your 60s and doing triathlons?  Damn, girl, you put me to shame and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in that.  Thanks for inspiring all us young whippersnappers to keep healthy and active, we don’t want a senior citizen running laps around us. <3

Tessa Love
        Participant
        Registered On: February 19, 2019
        Topics: 1
        Replies: 24

That is so awesome Miranda I so believe that as well movement is medicine and health is wealth the more mobility you keep as you get older the better you stay in the better you become.  For myself I use the gym to feel better Look better and be better.  And there is correct you can get stronger but you’ll have to have bulk if you do it right and the lot of the weight loss in the stomach also comes from the diet as the biggest thing that almost outweighs the exercise regimen you do but that does play a be key in it to help you lose the weight maintain it and keep your body active and moving so it doesn’t be constatag meant that I you start to get sore and stiff and lack of energy so always keep moving no matter what your age or what you have going on.  XOXO love yah

Julia Morton
      Participant
      Registered On: October 19, 2017
      Replies: 19

Actually I use the pool to keep in shape

Sandy Craig
      Participant
      Registered On: March 18, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 158

I have my own routine for exercise M-F and and very conscience of eating healthy. Works well for me as I don’t need to spend as much time driving to and from the gym as my workout takes.

Sandy

Tammie Swenson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 328

Occasionally, when my SOGGF goes to her local  indoor Aquatic Swimming Aerobic Fitness Class she takes me along with her for the 1 hour class that includes riding a Stationary Bike in 4 Feet of water for an additonal 30 minutes, as it is an ALL GG class thus i must go AS Tammi wearing a  Women’s 1 Piece Blue and White striped Racer Back Speedo and Speedo Pool cap.

The Aquatic Center is TG LGTB friendly

IIIIIII

Val’sheril Starsong
      Participant

I’ve become very fitness-conscious over the past 3 months or so (coincidentally enough around the time I decided to let Val’sheril out of her cage 😉 ).  I’ve dropped about 40 pounds, become far more active, adjusted myself to a healthier sleep schedule, and vastly improved my mental and emotional state, all without going within 50 yards of a gym.

I’ll be honest, everything about gyms bugs me.  I don’t want to be in scrubby clothing sweating like a pig in front of a crowd of strangers utterly failing to do exercises they can do in their sleep.  It’s about as close to a waking nightmare as I can imagine.  I know it works for a lot of people but it’s not for me.

I’m far more into the private workouts.  I walk/jog (I have issues with getting winded) for at least half an hour a day, stretch when I can, hike when I can.  But the most important aspect of my fitness regimen has to be diet.  I’m not on any official plan but I’ve learned to only eat when I’m hungry and only until I’m not.  Portion control is critical, as is a balanced diet… beware fad diets that throw this balance to the wayside; they may bring results in the short term but could end up wrecking your health down the line.  Trim down excess sugars, carbs, and alcohol (the latter is a tough one for me) and your body will get the hint soon enough.  Oh, and water… surprise surprise, plain old H2O is the best thing to drink when you’re thirsty.  Go figure! 😉

Hope this helps any fellow gymnasophobes out there! <3

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Fiona-Ann Moss
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 359
      Replies: 1192

Hi Imogen, thanks for the poll!! i am a firm believer, for many, when we reach a certain age, we need to look after ourselves, thats not to say, younger people shouldnt!! i go to the gym, with balanced intentions, for my health and for toning my body, especially my legs. I dont want rippling muscles, but more of a better shape. I am trying to lose some of my tummy fat !! for me, when i hit age 40, middle aged spread took over……

Fiona xxx

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 237

Skipping “do this do that” yadda yadda…

First and foremost any exercise should be about breathing and body alignment. Always is, always has been, that’s how the human animal works. You can last a day or two without water, days without food, only minutes without breathing. The diaphragm should do the work and not your chest. Breathe only through your diaphragm, like a bellows starting from 2” below your bellybutton and filling up to your sternum in that direction. Slow breaths, smooth transition between in and out, and deep into the body, and small as if breathing through a straw. Anything above your sternum should NOT move. Place your hand on your belly and chest and breathe like you do. The hand on your chest should not move, just the hand on your belly.

For men, we have issues with our belts. Don’t wear a belt you can’t ratchet or micro-adjust, think of the boy-scout style belts where you can micro-adjust them. Try to avoid the typical ones with holes as they can be too tight through the day. I adjust mine all the time depending on what I’m doing, not good for you to have it too tight and if it’s either “tight” or “loose” well you’re gonna go with tight to hold your trousers up, but it’s not good for you. They make really great leather belts which also aren’t ruined by punching a hole thru it. Look sharp! No need to be stuck with fabric belts and silly buckles for kids, they make super nice looking ones these days.

Before you pick up a weight or do an exercise you must realize that exercise only breaks the body down. Sleep and proper nutrition builds it back up. If all you do is exercise then it’s not going to achieve much if you don’t eat well or get enough sleep or drink enough water. Health is about balance. I’m not saying skip the M&Ms or the lagers (both of which I love), I’m saying don’t go for it every day.

For food, make sure to eat only what you need. Trust me easier said than done! Haha. I love food and eating and candy and beer I’ll say that right now. In moderation! Try to avoid processed sugars at all costs (fructose corn syrup). Bread is okay but don’t make it a staple. You some meat and a lot of fruits and veggies. Rice is always great but again, don’t go crazy on the grains.

Any exercise should be about the form, not about the weight or reps or sets or whatever. It’s about proper form and alignment. Pick up a 3lb weight incorrectly and you can hurt your back. Then how can men lift thousands of pounds in competitions without injury? They work on proper form and only load resistance up to the point where they can keep good form. This is super important don’t hurt yourself just to feel like “a man”. That’s silly.

Seriously don’t drink soda ever. Ever! I love seltzer water I’m a sucker for it, but I stopped drinking coke years ago. Could not have made a better choice for myself other than buying a comfy dress 🙂

Take 5 minutes in the morning and stretch a little! Seriously nearly all animals that sleep also wake up and take a minute to stretch themselves out. Yes it’s true you don’t see a lion stretching itself out right before it takes down a gazelle, but it does stretch out once it first wakes up in the morning. Bend down and touch your toes, give it a couple good deep breaths while you’re bent down, sink your knees and roll yourself up on the third or whatever inhale just work with the feeling (think of half of a zipper being zipped up and imagine your vertebrae), give yourself a good couple of deep slow easy breathes, then go about your day. That’d take a minute or two and is all you really need.

If you sit down at your desk for longer than 2 hours, just take about 40 steps somewhere to get the blood flowing back to your legs again. Super important and stops blood clots from forming. Couldn’t hurt to bend down and touch your toes too that also stretches the back which in general feels great. A lot of people can’t touch their toes and that’s okay. The point is the stretch, if you feel it you feel it that’s enough.

For actually working out, you hit 80% of the effectiveness of a workout within the fist 20-minues of a good sweat. If you’re training for something specific then sure, go for the gold, but an average person is good to go after about 20-30 minutes of a good exercise.

For lifting weights, google Strong-lifts 5×5 that’s really all you need. You will not bulk! Strong-lifts 5×5 is meant to just make the body healthier through resistance training. Not really complicated stuff. In general this is great for the human animal and is based on decades and decades of people doing this stuff. Want to be strong as an ox and look like anyone else off the street? Great this is for you.

Yoga is okay but it over-stretches you. Basic postures, do it to get into your own body, but I would avoid making it your ‘thing’.

Everyone should meditate! No it’s not about turning off the thoughts. It’s about sitting quietly and focusing on your breathing. That’s it. People love to complicate this. Sit down, get comfy, think about your breathing. That’s it.

Pilates is great and is legit. As someone who comes from a lot of fitness and martial arts, I give it my full stamp of approval.

There’s usually a field somewhere near you where people kick a ball around. They’ll call it either football or soccer but in either case if you’re looking to get into a sport and want to make it a social thing, I’d say it’s a good way to go and with soccer you need your feet and that’s about it.

Running is literally the freest thing you can do other than walking. Look up the “Couch to 3k” and then look up “Flaws in Couch to 3k”. Combine and serve.

I’ll end this here as it’s getting super long. Basically I’m trying to drive home the fact that fitness is easily approachable, doesn’t actually take that much time, and will greatly impact your overall well being and you basically just need to show up and sweat a little bit for 20 minutes three times a week. Anyone can do it!

It will make the dresses fit a lot better I promise!!

As a general aside, I actually do train for competition martial arts, full contact striking and grappling. It’s one of a few facets, cross dressing being another one. I love fitness, and I believe anyone and everyone has it in their power to take charge of their own health, and that such a charge is not that difficult and just requires a little umphf to get yourself going.

The mind will break before the body ever does.

Imogen Mann
        Participant
        Registered On: March 2, 2019
        Replies: 135

Wow !

Thank you so much for this warm, informative and well thought out reply post, it makes a lot of sense.  I hope it inspires others here too. I have to agree about Pilates, I really enjoyed that but haven’t the floor space in my accommodation at the moment… All motivation to find a better place to live.

Imogen xx

Brittany Vai
      Participant
      Registered On: March 6, 2019
      Replies: 9

My health plan pays for a gym membership as well, so I have no excuse either.

In my youth I would workout for purely aesthetic reasons (muscle mass). Now that I’m older, I primarily workout for my health. Funny thing though, my underlying motivation for going to the gym is the way I perceive myself when dressed.

My joints won’t support heavy lifting anymore, which is fine with me. I ride the stationary bike or do the elliptical machine for cardio, as these are low impact and have the added benefit of lifting my backside. Then I do light circuit work to try and stay toned.

One thing I’ll say is, dressing has really made me aware of the pressure society puts on women to fit a certain body image. I’ve never experienced that as a male.

-Brittany

Registered On:
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 642

I don’t go to the gym, but I’m very active with walking and bike riding.

Lisa

🙂

Camryn Occasionnel
      Participant
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 314

Now here’s a topic I can relate to.

I retired in 2012, went on Medicare (USA) that same year, and have had a “gym” membership ever since. The Medicare Advantage plan I’m on pays for it all, so I don’t have the excuse “too expensive!”

I’m lucky in another way: the fitness center is within walking distance from my apartment!

Unfortunately, I’m not old, but elderly, and intense excercise just tears me up. I’ve reduced the intensity in the past couple years due to disk and joint pain that you younger gurls can’t even imagine.

As to the one response I’m allowed, I selected: “I use the gym for both aesthetics and health equally.” However, that’s not quite correct, because I know aesthetics will never again be a factor — that’s hopeless. With me it’s “all pain, no gain.” I’m always self-conscious, what with all the young buff guys there. Heck, even the GGs lift heavier weights than I can!! I’ve always had a feeling I don’t belong there (unlike CDH!).

And don’t even think about going en femme! I would never! From the conversations I’ve overheard, these folks are the most LGBTQ-unfriendly bunch you would ever want to meet! I keep to myself, lest they somehow suspect.

Just like Bianca does now, I used to run (well, jog), but jogging two miles (3.2km) has now been reduced to walking, for the same reasons cited above. But it is a great opportunity to underdress if you’ve a mind to! I might just. I’m not getting any younger.

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 937

I bend, stretch, lift and flex at work particularly in the busy summer months. I add some small weights and bending at home during the winter to keep the tone.

I do have some weights and a bench at home, but it seems only the bench gets used much anymore. My gf and I find it a perfect prop for those other workouts lol

Bianca Everdene
      Participant
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 286

Well done Imogen, there is no doubt a regular workout helps tone the muscles, and if you look good, you feel good. Getting that beach bod ready for the Summer.

I know for many there are physical reasons which prevent a proper sweat inducing workout. I do not go to the gym. Unfortunately for me it is lack of money😢, the life of a single parent.

I run instead, it’s free, gets some sun on my face(or more often in Scotland snow or rain😂), keeps me fit, and helps in so many other ways such as I sleep like a baby. It also allows me to wear Lycra(spandex) leggings in public, and sometimes when it’s cold a sports bra, keeps the nipples cosy !

Its great for mental health as well, sometimes just totally clears my head, forget everything for a while except the my breathing, heartbeat, the wind on my face, birds singing. Sorry getting a bit soppy 😂

Regular exercise also takes discipline, as Nike say ‘just do it’.

love

B

Bianca Everdene
      Participant
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 286

Well done Imogen, there is no doubt a regular workout helps tone the muscles, and if you look good, you feel good. Getting that beach bod ready for the Summer.

I know for many there are physical reasons which prevent a proper sweat inducing workout. I do not go to the gym. Unfortunately for me it is lack of money😢, the life of a single parent.

I run instead, it’s free, gets some sun on my face(or more often in Scotland snow or rain😂), keeps me fit, and helps in so many other ways such as I sleep like a baby. It also allows me to wear Lycra(spandex) leggings in public, and sometimes when it’s cold a sports bra, keeps the nipples cosy !

Its great for mental health as well, sometimes just totally clears my head, forget everything for a while except the my breathing, heartbeat, the wind on my face, birds singing. Sorry getting a bit soppy 😂

Regular exercise also takes discipline, as Nike say ‘just do it’.

love

B

Jasmine Fletcher
      Participant
      Registered On: September 7, 2018
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 305

I used to use a gym, but after having a double hernia I never felt like pushing myself again. Once I moved house I gave up completely as the nearest gym is 30 mins away by car. I try to walk a lot instead which is probably better now I’m in my 50s: less impact on vulnerable joints. I could do with reducing this waistline though. Perhaps I’ll take up hula-hooping.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account