- Red Head
- July 13, 2020 at 7:27 am #363554Vanessa HarrisParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 41Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
For me I like to play around with all the different colors and I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s got a wig in pretty much every color, but say it’s Friday night and you’re about to head out with the girls what’s the one color you feel best about yourself in?
like for me I like being a blonde at home but feel way more confident in a brunette wig.
so what’s your go to wig?
- July 25, 2020 at 8:02 am #367284Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1188Has thanked: 781 timesBeen thanked: 2457 times
I’ve been told by professional makeover artists that a brown/auburn hair color is what I look best in. But I enjoy being blonde. If I do go out to a social function, I’ll wear the brown/auburn. For just going out for the sake of going out and having fun, I enjoy the blonde.
- July 21, 2020 at 7:24 am #366208Penny DiamondParticipantRegistered On: November 24, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
I am always blonde now! At first I used to always just go out as brunette as I felt that being a blonde would attract more attention. However, I have nearly always been out as a blonde for the last 4 or 5 years.
- July 18, 2020 at 3:53 am #365249Lee Ann RakersParticipantRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 365Has thanked: 500 timesBeen thanked: 961 times
There is only one look for me.
Shoulder length gray hair. Google country singer Emmylou Harris.
In a perfect world, there I am!
- July 14, 2020 at 11:13 pm #364231Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 65Replies: 609Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1668 times
Strawberry blonds wigs, one human hair, one synthetic. The latter had been “Me” for many years, the other was brunette, but I had it recoloured and styled and I love how this looks on me as well.
As for natural hair, I dont go near any “Oz” air force bases in case an F18 mistakes me for the runway .. bald as,,
- July 14, 2020 at 11:09 pm #364230Alexis TresseParticipantRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 48Has thanked: 526 timesBeen thanked: 149 times
My professional best hair is black so I’d honor my sisters with that … unless a sister wants to do long hair, in which case I’ll go long blonde and let her at me.
That isn’t altogether fanciful because in my most recent excursion with a GG I had her snip me to even up my sloppy cut.
- July 14, 2020 at 8:49 pm #364211Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 273Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 935 times
Like many others, I usually wear my own hair, except that I add clip-on bangs. I have a little grey that I try to get colored out, but often the bangs covers much of my grey since it is mostly along my front hairline.
As to the color, it isn’t really a brunette, it’s more of a dark chocolate brown, almost black but not quite. A lighter brown, or blond, just looks wrong with my skin tone. If I wear a wig (I’ll wear one when around my own neighborhood to help disguise me), I use one the same color as my hair, and may even let my own hair mix in with or drop below the wig and not bother with a wig cap.
I did buy a red wig on a whim for a “red head” party a few years ago. I was looking online and was thinking of just buying a “Raggedy Ann” red wig. But I saw a red wig, and did a quick and dirty photoshop style editing and put my face inside the wig, and it kinda looked OK, so I bought the wig. I wore it only a few times, once even in guy mode dressed as a leprechaun
- July 14, 2020 at 2:08 pm #364094
- July 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm #364092Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 303Has thanked: 461 timesBeen thanked: 943 times
I have naturally blonde hair, what’s left of it, with subtle red highlights, I got it from my Mom and I have 2 strawberry blonde wigs that match my skin tone, eyebrows and other attributes perfectly. I think they’re about the closest to my natural colour as I can get. I don’t mind the brunette look, it works and I tried a black wig once, my Dad had black hair so I thought lets give it a shot. That was a big NO, just wasn’t happening. I’ve also tried an auburn red head look and that worked out alright but my strawberry blonde look works for me.
- July 14, 2020 at 12:01 pm #364045Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 330Has thanked: 1105 timesBeen thanked: 1414 times
I must have 2. One light brunette, short to medium Length, I know exactly the style, and
One strawberry blonde shoulder length. My kinda natural summer color. With those two colors I’ll be a happy girl.
- July 14, 2020 at 11:14 am #364026Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 553Has thanked: 33544 timesBeen thanked: 886 times
I voted other. I have two wigs. One is my 1970s style Auburn shoulder length. I got it from a costume shop; so not the best quality, but it has worked for me. I’m wearing it in my profile photo. Last month at Janet’s Closet, I bought a Sepia Collection Blush Hair Fantasy wig; Phoenix style in color Chocolate Toffee, it’s a brunette with black tips and length around my bra band.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 14, 2020 at 1:51 am #363819Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 288Has thanked: 1051 timesBeen thanked: 1256 times
- July 14, 2020 at 11:57 am #364044Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 3919Has thanked: 4888 timesBeen thanked: 5143 times
really do think about it. If you can grow it , show it you’ll won’t be disappointed. Me I’m on 3 years well past my back and never a day I look in a mirror to blow me a kiss 💋 it’s something I could do and Steffi just loves it..lol….👩 🌷
- July 13, 2020 at 11:47 pm #363794Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 450Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 849 times
- July 13, 2020 at 4:27 pm #363715Giselle ReevesParticipantRegistered On: September 27, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 106Has thanked: 416 timesBeen thanked: 260 times
- July 13, 2020 at 3:17 pm #363705AmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 3919Has thanked: 4888 timesBeen thanked: 5143 times
Brunette right now for the foresee future. As its my own hair and no wig. There is a little grey mix but nothing to worry about now. 🌷
- July 13, 2020 at 3:12 pm #363704
- July 13, 2020 at 2:49 pm #363695Gloria ReneeParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 114Has thanked: 1666 timesBeen thanked: 494 times
- July 13, 2020 at 2:02 pm #363689Jannie MurryParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 65Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 253 times
I have a blonde shoulder length wig that’s completely human hair. Its not platinum blonde but more like a honey blonde and it matches down below if you know what I mean I bought it online about two years ago and I’ve been careful about taking care of it by following the directions on how to wash it and store it when I’m not wearing it I’m happy to tell you that it still looks as good as it did when I bought it I’ve had many compliments on how it looks A real human hair wig is expensive but I think that it’s worth the price I paid for it I’m extremely satisfied with it and wouldn’t wear anything else I know that some girls have different color wigs and there’s nothing wrong with it but I’m not sure that I would be comfortable being anything except a blonde
- July 13, 2020 at 11:36 am #363639KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 194Has thanked: 106 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
Hi Vanessa, While I have a good quality auburn wig and a brunette wig, I haven’t used them for over three years. I haven’t had a haircut since I retired over three years ago. So going out on the town with the girls will be with my natural hair color, a mix of auburn and gray. I so love not having to wear a wig. The natural color just works so well with my skin tone. And having very long hair (passed my bra strap) means I pass much more easily. Passed again this morning at the grocery store where the checkout gal called me ma’am. Always a pleasure to hear. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- July 13, 2020 at 9:17 am #363574karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 325Has thanked: 1300 timesBeen thanked: 688 times
Hi Vanessa………my hair is black and would put in color hi-lights like purple…….red………….blonde. karley
- July 13, 2020 at 7:33 am #363557Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 157Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 460 times
I have to go with black only due to my skin colour/tone. Anything too light like blonde and it will totally clash and look very unnatural with my skin colour/tone.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.