• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah Kanter
    Participant
    Registered On: April 25, 2019
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 112

I’ve been letting my hair out for over a year now. It’s almost long enough to all go into a pony tail, but I need some advice on basic hair care. I’ve never had it long and when it’s short there’s nothing really to know about keeping it clean and orderly. I never combed my hair (or needed to) until this past year.

Anyway, I’m looking for some tips/advice/brand suggestions on basic long hair care strategies. I comb it with a pick in the shower to to keep it de-tangled, and keep it in a pony tail, but that’s about it. I did buy some shampoo and conditioner that was supposedly for my hair type but that was horrible (I’ll explain below). I was watching an old TV show (black and white Perry Mason) at an older friends house the other day (I’m 39, he’s 90 and always has the TV on) and was stunned by the elaborate and beautiful hair those women had. My hair is theoretically long enough to do up into those styles but I haven’t the faintest idea how to do any of that. I don’t think those styles would work with me anyway, but it’s clear that I’ve entered a world I know nothing about.

Here’s my hair info:

Hair is naturally curly and tends to be frizzy. The shampoo and conditioner I bought said it was for this kind of hair and meant to help with friz, but it seemed more like fabric softener and my hair got so soft and dry that it just poofed up worse than ever. It was terrible. Somewhere between Weird Al and Bob Ross.

It’s currently about ten-12 inches long.

I just need info on a solid everyday kind of routine for keeping my hair healthy, and recommendations on products that you know are good. I’m not interested in elaborate styling (even en femme I prefer a casual look), but just keeping it healthy and manageable.

thanks

s

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michelle Skylar
      Lady
      Registered On: March 18, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 187

I’m no expert but I have had my hair long on and off for most of my adult life, including now. When I was younger, I could shampoo, and blow dry my hair every day with no problems. Now that I’m older doing that would cause damage. I shampoo and condition my hair about every five days, and I also use a leave in conditioner. I try to let it dry naturally but if I do use a blow dryer, I use low heat or the cool setting. I use Nexxus products and like the results. My hair is pretty straight so I look for a moisture rich blend. From what I’ve read it’s best to check the ingredients and try to stay away from things like alcohol, parabens or silicones.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.