• This topic has 23 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Seren
      Baroness

i have curly hair that I have been growing for about 10 years, so down to my nipples. It’s pretty much grey and I’m thinking about getting it coloured (never ever considered this as a ‘boy’, but new decade, new ideas!)

who else is rocking their own hair, or do you prefer a wig?

Mollie xx

Mollie, I am so jealous! I wish I had long gray hair.

Seren
        Baroness

When I was a child/pre-teen my mums and especially my grannies friends would comment on how jealous they were of my curls (I’m not sure this didn’t have an effect on where I am now… 🤔 that and being taken only to ‘hairdressers’)

Anonymous

I have my own hair. I’ve been growing it for the last three years. It is gray, 17″ long and down past my nipples. I just have to learn how to use a curling iron. BTW I am  mature CD’er.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I was 17, I began wearing pantyhose with short girl’s shorts and platform wedges in public. I loved the look and experience of wearing this attire to go shopping and buy more short’s pantyhose and shoes. I grew my hair kind of longish. I wanted to look more fem. I often got compliments on my pantyhose and got asked if the pantyhose I was buying was what I was wearing, as they made my legs look very nice. I also got compliments on my cute shoes and got asked where I got them. I seemed to often been mistaken for a girl, at least at first.

At 18, I got my own place and began buying and wearing lots of fem clothes. I had to have sexy heels, short dresses, bras, panties, slips lingerie, stockings and garter belts. To complete my fem look, I got a few wigs and makeup. Dressing in this attire was such a wonderful, euphoric and blissful experience.

I found sometimes though that tucking my longish hair under a wig cap and when wearing a wig, my longish hair underneath. Made the wig seem to not fit right. I decided to cut my hair shorter, so my wigs would fit better.

For me, being fem was all about sexy legs, nice breasts and pretty hair. With my wigs I could always have pretty hair.

Ashley
      Lady

I do like my natural hair, and I do think of growing it out from time to time, but the problem is my forehead is so high that I don’t think I have much of a chance of looking at all feminine with my natural hairline, no matter how pretty I make my hair. I suppose I could try bangs, but that would make things harder in guy mode I think.

So I like to keep my natural hair short and wear wigs. They let me change styles/colors easily, and I can pull them down to give myself a lower and more feminine hairline.

Anonymous

In the past, it was strictly wigs; I’ve worn GI haircuts for the past 60 years. But in mid-December, I decided to see whether I had enough hair for styling, and I’m letting it grow. At the end of this month, I’m going to a stylist and learn whether I can be passable.

Bettylou

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Dress code at my work rules out long hair.  So I have my favorite wig.  When I retire in a few years (I hope), I’d love to grow my hair out and get it styled.

Emily

It has to be a wig for me if I want to look femme. Receding hairline as a result of age & genes means that I just don’t look right in a dress without a wig. Having said that, I do wear a dress without a wig fairly often but don’t like the look of me when I am wigless.

I have always had long hair for most of my life, I could not think of having short hair, the longest it has been is to the top of my but and i just love it

My hair has thinned a bit over the years, but still have more than most 70 year old’s. The dark brunette has turned mostly grey, which is the new blonde. I have colored a bit but usually stick with the natural.

It is down to where it gets caught in my bra strap so a trim may be in order. I love how it flows over my nips in the shower! Makes me feel so Lady Godiva like.

I like high ponytails with ribbons and bows, or even little girl pigtails!

Kay Seale
      Lady

Wig for me, my hair is too thin on top

Anonymous

Hi

Wig for me, in man mode long hair does not suit, but in fem mode long blonde hair is fantastic.. XX

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve grown my hair since the fall of 2017. No plans on cutting it at this time. I love styling my own hair. Never liked wigs.</p>

It is wigs for me – owing to a shaved chrome dome.  I started loosing my hair in my mid-30’s and began shaving it in the last year of my work with a SoCal police department. Thankfully, self-imposed baldness is still in style.

I get my wigs from The Wig Company.  I prefer long hair styles, below the shoulders – soooo feminine!  They have a good online site.  Lots of choices, and good prices, especially when they have their frequent sales prices.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’ve been fortunate in that I still have a ‘reasonably’ full head of hair which only started turning grey in the last several years.  I think I take after my maternal grandfather who died (from his 7th or 8th heart attack) when he was 75 and he could still part his hair, although it was quite thin. My two brothers take after our father and they are about 40-50% bald, but not the standard male pattern baldness, just generally receding hairline with balding at the crown. (this is part of the reason that while I truly believe that genes/DNA play a significant role in our make-up, we’ve only scratched the surface of what they all do, how they take effect and how they are affected during stages of development, rant ended).

But, feeling mostly that I have to meet what my family and society expect of me – as well as not wanting to let my guard down for a moment, silly as that really is), I’ve never really let my hair grow really long,(did for a short while in the late 70’s) although I’ve often thought about it.  It’s been fairly straight, thickly there but very fine. Long probably would have worked best for 60’s folk scene, ironed out. As the grey has come it, it’s developed waves in strange places.  So, I’ve had wigs for a number of years.  Borrowed spouse’s one early one, a wedge style, but have since purchased a total of 4 over the years, 3 dark brown (to match my own color) and one blond. I never did find a good look for the blond one and it’s gone. And the 1st dark brown was more a costume wig.  My last two I still have, both dark brown, the one in my pictures and a longer one I seldom wear. They do require a moderate amount of care.

Hi Seraphina,

I wear my natural hair.  It’s now down below my shoulders.

You should get your hair colored!  You’d enjoy yourself so much.  I did several years ago at the technical high school.  They offer a cosmetology program so took advantage of it.  After all the prices are less than a salon.

With the corona virus the schools and salons are closed.  You’ll just have to wait.

Alice

I have to wear a wig since I am losing my hair

Anonymous

Never enjoyed wearing wigs. So for most of my adult life I’ve had long hair. I colour it and style it all myself. Just need to go and get it cut as it needs tidying up.

Anonymous

My own wavy hair just 3″ past my shoulders. Progressed through highlights until going 100% blonde three years ago.

I know they are the only option for some but I never really liked the look of wigs on myself. Like how many actual women have hair that long in that shiny condition?  NOne!

Two years ago I considered getting silver/grey for my 60th.

My stylist recommended going to a wig salon to try a grey wig of the same texture and length to be sure. It looked…awful! I tried on other colours as well and only the dark copper really worked..but really impossible for me in drab (male mode).

So, grow your hair, and try this idea out if you’re thinking of colouring it.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

My own hair. Started growing my hair  in fall of 2017 and now it’s well passed my shoulders and never have I enjoyed it more. In my teens I also grew it but because of life’s ways I couldn’t keep it but now it’s something I can do and do well . Especially growing  it at my age.  Seeing pictures back then my daughters got quite the chuckle but now their be side their selves and 2 of them I believe may have thoughts that there may be more to this. Maybe in time they will learn the main reasons why  I’m still letting it grow…. my wife’s certainly knows lol…

Stephanie 🌹

Anonymous

Lost my hair (on top) 25 years ago, so if I want hair I need to wear a wig. I hate wearing wigs so I just sport a bald head. I don’t go out in public in Keelee mode other than a brave run to the store to pick up a 6 pack every once in a while when I’m feeling really adventurous.

The crown of my head has thinned way too much, so I have to wear a wig. A wig also gives me the length and curl that I want in my hairstyle.

Anonymous

Once again El Covido 19 is offering you hair shorties with the perfect excuse to let it grow, grow, grow.

I am lucky enough to have been able to ditch the wigs years ago. I am a musician and the long ponytail is easily accepted.

The “in between” years were handled with clip on ponytails, pieces and extensions. Full fun!

The color evolved into a full light beige blonde from increasing levels of blonde highlights until that wonderful day when my stylist Ashley said “You know Harietta, you’re almost full blonde anyway. Relax and let me show you…don’t worry you’re going to love it.”

And I do!

But two tips:

Go to a very good ladies’ stylist, one with hair that you like.

Bring pictures of what you have in mind.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?