Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I apologize if I’m in the wrong spot and not sure if this has been answered. I was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion or if there is one for the hair on my face. I shave everyday but will sometimes get the razor rash i guess its called. I’ve also tried 1 cream, nare I think it was, but it kinda burned my face. It was for facial hair removal. Is there anything out there that really works? I’ve been taking pueraria mirifica from puerafem. Really surprised with results. It has made my skin alot softer, my legs are super easy to keep shaved andbthe rest of me is getting better each day. But my face is still kinda a pain. Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Laser hair removal. I’m currently getting treatments and seeing good results. I don’t have five o’clock shadow anymore and my beard should be permanently gone by Fall. It’s a little pricey and takes time, but worth it.

Best of luck.

Rose
      Lady

I’m going to jump onto this topic, rather than start a whole new discussion about a related topic.

I hate shaving. I always have. I’ve always shaved my face as infrequently as possible – which is currently twice a week or so, because my employer doesn’t have any rules about facial hair. So most weeks, I would shave Sunday night / Monday morning and then again Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

Now that I’m shaving my underarms, chest, stomach, junk, and legs, though, the shaving routine has gotten utterly ridiculous for me. It takes me about an hour. I suspect the more I develop a routine, some time will get knocked off that. But not much, I don’t think.

What sort of experiences have you ladies had with Nair and similar products? My wife used it a few times back in her late teens / early 20s and didn’t like it. Aside from irritating her skin a bit, it also didn’t completely remove her leg hair. She hasn’t tried it since then, and so can’t really offer me much advice here. Anybody use it? If so, how long does it last before you either need to shave or re-use it?

I know I can’t use it on sensitive places such as my face or junk, but even if I can only use it on my legs, if it works and lasts it could be helpful in making this process less time-consuming for me. Thanks for any insights, ladies!

Anonymous

OMG I will never use any Nair product again. I thought I would give it another try the other day, bought special stuff for face, body and legs. I would’ve been better off plucking each hair out. Thankfully I didn’t leave on to long either. More less burnt everywhere I put it. Never again will i use it. I hope I’m the only thats happened to because its so horrible. Its been 5 days and rashes and burns are finally starting to go away

Nair sucks. Irritates the skin, smells terrible, and there’s still stubble the next day, same as a razor.

I have used Nair a couple of times, but never again. What a horrible experience!

I have a fairly regular shaving routine, but recently purchased a home pulsed light (HPL) hair removal system. It is not recommended for use on the face, but it works OK on the rest of my parts. It takes a lot of time (you have to shave, then dry off before using it, and it only does a small section at a time), and they say that it only works on light skinned people, and I’m almost as pale as a ginger – lol.

There are multiple types of these, some with require expensive replacement bulb cartridges, some that cost more but have pretty much unlimited use.

I used to be pretty hairy, so I think that it is reducing the amount of hair that I am growing, but I really haven’t let it grow out for a long time. I do feel like my shaving time is way down, the time that I’m smooth before having to shave again is a lot longer, and my razors last a lot longer now. So all in all, I’m pretty happy with it for now.

Rose
      Lady

Thanks for the input, all. That’s three negatives in pretty short order.

Anonymous

Well being the bearded lady probably doesn’t give me much authority on this topic, but I have been using a product that is a moisturizer and hair growth inhibitor called Completely Bare on my face (where I shave and where I don’t, chest, and legs).  I’ve had no problems and it does seem to slow down the growth of my hair (I only shave periodically as well and it seems to take about 12 – 24 hours longer for the hair to grow back out on my face).  Especially on my legs, I can get by shaving them only once every two weeks.   I’m also using  product called Moom which is a sugar based system that is used like wax (only at a slightly cooler temperature and is easier to clean up).  As long as the hair is not very long and I pay close attention to the natural direction of growth for the hair, it has worked well.   Theoretically, over time, both products will decrease the amount of hair.  I’ve only been doing this about a month, and it seems to be working ok.  I’m interested in doing the laser hair removal; I’m fair, but my hair has turned lighter and what I’ve read says that the results are not as good if there is not a strong contrast in hair/skin coloration.

I have similar problems along my neck and chin. I can get my chin perfectly clean and enough to pass from my upper lip (I only struggle with a few stragglers just at the top by my nostrils) but I simply cannot clean the bottom of my jaw down along my neckline. I’ve tried regular razors and electric, the electric works a lot better on my face then the regular ones. I’ve read that old school straight razors work best, especially with brushes to apply the cream, but the whole kit can be pricey to go that route. It’s extremely frustrating trying to get all of that off.

Has anybody had any experience with threading? I was reading an article that said that hair removal this way was much less painful then wax, and much cheaper then electrolysis, while giving a decent lasting effect. One article said that you could go 2-3 weeks in between threads, another said 4-6 weeks and that the hair will come back in finer, making future threads easier. I was thinking this could be a good start for at least cleaning off my face until I can start to afford to do something more permanent, but want some advice before I start to look deeply. I found a groupon for a full face thread for only $20 and it’s very tempting.

I just walked out of the 1st laser hair removal session  (I bought 3 sessions) and I just want to say…

Wow! That was unpleasant. The more  hair in a spot the more it hurts.  I had my beard done and the upper lip section had my eyes watering and toes curling. The lady said it wouldn’t be as bad next time. God, I hope not!

Roni, each visit does get a little easier. It’s a painful short term investment that delivers amazing long term results 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?