- September 21, 2020 at 5:17 am #385917Coralye BadirParticipantRegistered On: September 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 4Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
Hello ladies ,
As a newbie and addressing each beautification process one at a time , I find I’m at a crossroad and have a dilemma about body hair removal . I am medium haired but have it nearly everywhere . On the back of my hands extending onto the fingers , top of feet and toes , chest hair , some fine back hair and of course arms and legs .
I recently shaved my legs for the 1st time ever and it feels so good that I think I’ll always keep them smooth . I realise that with sleeveless dresses etc that more body hair will have to go and have now convinced myself that it’s all going to have to go .
So the dilemma is that I’m not totally out about my CDing and only my SO and 2 or 3 close friends know . Summer is coming on soon here in Australia and if I loose all my body hair , it’s going to be noticed and questions asked . I am determined purge all this unwanted hair and be able to enjoy summer clothing but I just know that when I catch up with friends at the beach etc , I’ll be found out . I don’t know what to do . If any of you wise ladies have any tips it would be appreciated . Thanks 💋
- September 25, 2020 at 1:04 pm #387509Araminta PurdyParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 156Has thanked: 201 timesBeen thanked: 450 times
Well, the matter really has never come up for me. And I do try to not be too conspicuous. However, if anyone should notice it really isn’t any of their business and if I feel pressed to give a reason I would just say, “I don’t like hair!”, which is actually true.
- September 25, 2020 at 8:32 am #387443Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 300Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 1011 times
- September 25, 2020 at 6:25 am #387395Maya SolParticipantRegistered On: July 19, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 19Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
Today it’s very common to do it, even if you are not CD. People with muscles doing it, but also other men doing it. No one will see it as something special. I’m doing it and my entire body is clean from hair except for my long head hair. I don’t hide that I’m shaving from anyone but only my wife and close family know about Maya. I’m proud of my shaved look the same as a proud with my long head hair.
For the very few that asked me about my long head hair I answered that it make me look younger.
Believe it or not but no one asked me about my shaved body yet, but if someone will ask I’ll answer that I hate hairy body. Simple. Both answers are true anyway.
- September 25, 2020 at 4:11 am #387375Suzette YorkParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 66Has thanked: 679 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
i will just echo everyone’s comments … go ahead when i did no one noticed (but i am not very hairy to begin with) but these days it is perfectly acceptable to just say i like it better this way and it will not out you at all.
be free, be happy – be yourself!
- September 22, 2020 at 3:28 pm #386487Paula HereParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 43Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 186 times
When I shaved my legs, chest and abdomen, no one noticed or questioned me. When I shaved my arms my daughter noticed, and commented. i told her i hate the feeling of applying sunscreen over the hair on my arms and that was then end. My wife likes the look my shaved torso and underarms. The legs have been shaved for so long i dont think she remembers them hairy.
Shave away, no one will notice.
- September 22, 2020 at 11:23 am #386414Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 260Replies: 1397Has thanked: 6000 timesBeen thanked: 4804 times
Hi Coralye, I’ve been defoliated for a couple years now, I felt the same way at first, anxious, people will notice, people will comment… it never happened. Only time its ever come up was when one of my coworkers wanted to compare arm tans lol I just said, yea I never did have much body hair to start with lol…but anyway, unless you spend a lot of time around people who are seriously invested in your body hair I doubt itll be an issue
- September 22, 2020 at 9:52 am #386396Joanne JacksonParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 46Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
Let me just echo what others have said, it’s nobody’s business and most likely won’t notice anyway. But if anybody does say anything just say, sincerely, ‘why thank you for noticing’.
I’ve been doing hands, legs, and armpits for a long time now. Yesterday i dipped myself in dipilatory and stripped off my arm hair too for the first time.
The results: heavenly!
- September 22, 2020 at 9:46 am #386395Robin SnowParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 195Has thanked: 1299 timesBeen thanked: 829 times
When my said she did not object to me shaving my legs, I jumped at the opportunity. It was the beginning of last summer and while I was a little self conscious of wearing shorts, I quickly got over it when no one made any comments.
I quickly found myself shaving every 3 to 4 days and six months in I switched to an epilator. Now, I epilate once every 7 to 10 days.
A female coworker at my winter job commented how much she hates shaving her legs but I would not know anything about that because I’m a guy. I just smiled to myself and thought if she only knew.
I’ve slowly expanded to more areas …. underarms, fingers, back, parts of my chest.
Remember…. your body, your life! Enjoy yourself!
- September 22, 2020 at 9:05 am #386390Cherry BerryParticipantRegistered On: June 30, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
Honestly shaving body hair is the best feeling over. Permanently getting it removed is pure euphoria, you wake up everyday with a smooth feeling all over. The only place there should be hair is on the head!
- September 22, 2020 at 7:59 am #386376Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 40Replies: 857Has thanked: 1813 timesBeen thanked: 1638 times
First off, it’s really no ones business what you do or shave. If you are trying to hide this shaving thing from people…. Buy a road bike, or take up swimming as an excuse. I know everyone is different in how they run their life. I don’t have to justify anything to anyone, but that is just ME. So shave shave shave….
- September 21, 2020 at 8:26 pm #386211Mary Ann SummersParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 86Has thanked: 238 timesBeen thanked: 623 times
Been keeping my chest & arms & under arms shaved all year. No one noticed but my wife. She asked that I grow my arms out again because she didn’t like the feel when I started to get some stubble. I said I would for the winter. But, I’ll keep the back of my hands shaved still. I’ve been shaving my legs for decades… again, no one said a thing.
- September 21, 2020 at 6:44 pm #386178Coralye BadirParticipantRegistered On: September 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 4Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
Thanks for all the feedback girls . Lots of good hair removal tips and it sounds like I’ve been worrying about nothing re being smooth skinned . I’m on a mission now . It’ll be a mixture of ” do it yourself” along with some professional help .
Thank you all . Hugs and kisses 💋
- September 21, 2020 at 10:55 am #386024Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 224Has thanked: 2494 timesBeen thanked: 800 times
Hi Coralye. Just go a head and do it sweetie, it nothing new for men to go hair free now anyway. I find waxing is best, exfoliate and moisturizer the skin too.
There is plenty of salons that will accommodate men and women, or even trained professionals who will come to your house. If your nervous to go by yourself, since your “SO” knows about you CD. Make a double appointment and then you can us the “SO” as a reason for the waxing being the fact she does not like hairy bodies.
Happy hairless days.
- September 21, 2020 at 10:35 am #386013Sharla LoveParticipantRegistered On: June 22, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 7 times
Wax the hair. It will eventually stop growing. I’ve been doing this now for about 6 months. I used to shave. I’ve had an aesthetician ask me why I’m waxing my chest. I told her it’s because I’m sick of being hairy. Bugs get caught in it and my favorite story to share with everyone who asks is that because of my hair on my legs, I had a wood tick climb up my leg all day while golfing only to have decide to bury it’s head into the side of my we we at 3 am. Yes… It’s true… I had a tick on my di*k… And that my friend is something I’d say is worth not wanting any body hair. 🙂
- September 21, 2020 at 10:33 am #386012Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 368Has thanked: 994 timesBeen thanked: 1642 times
It’s no-one’s business but your own really – professional footballers shave their bodies, so why not?
It’s much cooler for the summer – ideal time, I’d say.
Maybe you got tired of looking like a gorilla and fancied a change?
In my experience, no-one even mentions it – but I guess it depends on the level of banter you have with your friends, family attitudes and so on.
Just go for it – it’s what you want to do!
- September 21, 2020 at 10:07 am #386011Bobbi SueParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 49Has thanked: 94 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
You may find no one notices. I shave everything. No one raises an eyebrow, even when wearing men’s shorts and no top.
When younger I did body building. Shaving everything is part of competing in that. I found it easier to just stay shaved. No one noticed. Ok, some women liked it.
(FWIW, I find the first shave is the hardest.)
- September 21, 2020 at 8:04 am #385976Dani CDParticipantRegistered On: September 10, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 25Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
Hi Coralye, I prefer waxing, you can do a few areas 1st to see if you like the results, the pain gets less and less every time, the hair grows back finer every time, the hair does grow back if you change your mind , you don’t get as many ingrown hairs or rashes as shaving. I would see a beauty therapist to have it done, most do men and ladies waxing, they can also do a skin analysis and recommend the correct exfoliates and moisturizer to keep your skin silky smooth for longer. I hope this helps. Dani👩🏻🔧
- September 21, 2020 at 7:59 am #385973Sandy JaysonParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 194Has thanked: 480 timesBeen thanked: 801 times
Coralye, you may not have as big of a concern as you fear. I wear shorts for work and have been shaving arms and legs for almost a year now. At work no one has said a word. The only comment I have had was a week ago I was helping my X with something and she asked if I had done something odd with my legs or was wearing pantyhose. I told her no. My shaved and tanned legs just looked nice ( she was trying to shame me because I was trying to look more feminine). I was pleased with her observation. You Hopefully will be surprised how many don’t notice or don’t care.
Good luck to you. Sandy
- September 21, 2020 at 6:59 am #385946AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 99Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 376 times
I am the same as you. Hair all over.
I found a local shop that does full Brazilian’s.
After the third time its amazing.
Hair hardly comes back. What does grow back is really fine.
I wouldn’t worry about being hairless. Here I have a great friend who is hairless during summer. Hair for the winter. Not sure how people are there. But ME, Natasha doesn’t care what others think. I am hairless all year.
- September 21, 2020 at 6:29 am #385934Sharon WiltshireParticipantRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 34Has thanked: 541 timesBeen thanked: 211 times
tell them that it is not unusual for men to groom now, and not just for cyclists, swimmers, athletes and body builders.
- September 21, 2020 at 5:51 am #385927Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 564Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1464 times
Well,I’ve never been asked but if that changed I would say something like “Body hair is beautiful on most animals but it’s ugly on a human.” The nice thing there is that it’s the truth. If it weren’t I expect humans would not spend millions of dollars every year to have it removed. (not to mention going through all the pain)
- September 21, 2020 at 5:46 am #385924Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 935 times
I keep my arms, hands, legs, back and other areas hair free summer and winter. I have found that people really don’t notice or care. I have never had anyone ask about it or even stare. If I could afford electrolysis I would do it for every part of my body. Be confident and get rid of the hair. You have as much right to have hair or not have hair as anybody else.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.