Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

About 3 weeks ago I started a thread concerning which IPL to buy and how to go about hair removal.

I bought the Braun Silk Expert Pro 5 and have used it 3 times now. I’ve been following the directions, which say to only use it once a week. I’ve used it on my legs, bikini area (including sensitive areas), underarms, and my wife helps uses it on my back and bum.

I also have been using a lotion called Completely Bare: Don’t Grow There along with Completely Bare: Pit Stop underarm hair inhibitor and deodorant.

I have noticed a lessening of hair growth in all areas, so the process seems to be working, which makes me very happy. I will add, however, that it is a long, slow process. The Braun directions say it takes 12 weeks and then once a month afterward. The Completely Bare products don’t give a time frame.

So: so far so good. If it ultimately works to get rid of hair and only require one treatment a month forever, then it’s money well spent and I will probably use it all over my body.

More updates to come…

Smoothly,

Catherine

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Great update Catherine!

Hope that it keeps progressing well for you!

Keep us posted girl!

XOXO

Rayna

Anonymous

Good luck, sounds like it is working.  Petting rid of hair is no easy task, but the results are certainly worth it.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Thanks for the update Catherine!

Sounds like it’s working out well.

Can’t wait to hear how it’s going next time,

Lara

Hi Catherine

I am using Veet for now but plan to get a IPL eventually. How much do they cost ? I see ones online from between £30-£70.

I found this online and am very interested to see if it works and am looking forward to your update.

Completely Bare: Don’t Grow There

“According to the product details, you should see a reduction in your hair’s density (by as much as 50 percent), length (by as much as 30 percent), and growth (by as much as 55 percent) after using this product twice a day for 28 days. Of course, individual results may vary, but these statistics are impressive”

Love
      Michelle

Good questions.

The Braun was $330 on Amazon. Pricey, but still a fraction of laser from a pro.

On the Don’t Grow There lotion: I have not really done a careful analysis, measuring growth etc, and I have only done once per day. I actually didn’t even notice that it says do it twice per day – doh! It’s not cheap though. You could probably call it about $30/month – ongoing.

I can say that between the Braun and the lotion that it does appear to be working. It’s definitely a work in progress…slow progress. But hey, it’s tough to complain when you compare to the costs of laser at a spa.

Catherine

Hi hun

I thought about what you said about the long slow process. So I bit the bullet and bought a cheap IPL for £20.

It wont be as good as yours, but it is a start.

https://www.vinted.co.uk/women/beauty/beauty-tools/body-care-tools/1591766152-braun-silk-epil-5

Please keep us informed and updated about your thought on the removal creams.

Love
          Michelle

I’m very curious how well yours works. Please do keep us all posted. I am an unfortunately hairy beast, so probably need the most powerful gadget I can get. For the less furry of you, you might very well achieve success with less expense.

Good luck!

Catherine

Hi Catherine sounds wonderful girlfriend as less and less hair growth is such a bonus yes please keep us posted how its working ..

Stephanie

Where are you able to purchase these products?

Hi Bettie

Most pharmacies will have them and you can get them online at Amazon.

Love
        Michelle

I bought them form Amazon. I would imagine they might be available at Walmart and other stores too.

Thats something that I never realised about being a girl, it is soooooo expensive.

Love
      Michelle

I am just realizing that there are multiple models of the Braun IPL, so here is a link to the one I bought:

It’s the PL5137. It is corded and cost $330. There is a cordless one as well, but it is not as powerful and would therefore be less effective. I don’t mind the cord, nor does my wife.

For you gals in the U.K. you might want to check the Philips Lumea Prestige. That one is cordless and is still powerful. It’s just hard to get in the U.S.

OK – go out and get smooth!!

Catherine

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?