Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

Question about Female styles my SOGGF WONT ANSWER for me as she has ordered her hair stylist who does my hair also Not to answer my question

My SOGGF wears her hair in what she calls a short Pageboy cut just to Mid ear no curl just straight more like a long Male hair

The other day we got in a disagreement  about her hair and mine. Since 2017 this time SOGGF has Not let me have my hair stylist cut my hair the same way once my Male hair cut style grew same length.

My SOGGF has since then always had her and now mine stylelist just trim scraggly hair after my beginning to get gray hair died a dark brown a shade dark brown than my natural brown, followed by shampoo and hair then  blown dry followed by a HOT CURLING IRON TREATMENT. So my hair has now 3/4″ curls but it’s a devil to sleep in

With out crushing down the curls, so how do I prevent crushing the curls after 3 days SOGGF has me go to stylist for A ” touch Hot iron Curling Treatment”  its getting expensive 25$ per touch. I  tried buying my own hot curling iron but SOGGF won’t show me how to use it  nor will she let hair stylist instruct me.

Yesterday morning be4 she left for work notching the blotches bad hot iron curl I did,stepping in to redo my hair because she wanted me to look decent enough to have lunch with her downtown as the hairstylist has been sick for a 6 weeks my hair is now haboou 2″ below ears.

This morning SOGGF said that I  should get a z “Tight Perm” after getting my hair colored and Frosted now stylist is back working 2days a week.  WHAT IS A TIGHT PERM with Frosting  Treatment and why ?

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Hi Tammie,

Let me first say, that I am a hairstylist and a supportive GG.  I want to educate you since no one else in your life is. There is a potential problem with having your hair Hot Curled a few times a week, then an all-over color, then “Frosting” aka Bleach Highlights, then Perming. It seriously can damage you hair, potentially make it break, or at the very least seriously dry it out. I am not trying to scare you off, but your hair looks fine, and I am not sure doing all those services is the right thing for you and your hair. Plus, the fact you are already talking about the cost of your current maintenance, adding new services to the mix, will push your budget way over. Should you decide you want more done to your hair, stick with the all-over coloring, plus highlighting  OR  all-over color, plus perming.

Here is a more detailed description…

What a perm is and does…Its a process of rolling rods into the hair, putting a solution all-over the hair that literally softens the bonds of the hair so they can be reset into a new shape, that solution is then rinsed out very well, then a putting a neutralizing solution all-over the hair to lock in this new shape and to stop the other solution from continuing to break the hair down. BECAUSE perms literally softens he bonds of the hair, there is risk of extreme dryness and breakage. A great hairstylist knows when and when not to perm on someones hair, because they want to make sure the the integrity of the hair remains good.

What Bleach Highlighting is and does..It’s a process of separating strands of hair to isolate them in one of the following types of methods…Cap highlighting, Foil Highlighting, or Balayage Highlighting. Those isolated hairs then get a coating of hair bleach. I said specifically Bleach Highlighting as your hair is already color-treated and to break through already colored hair, we mainly use hair bleach and sometimes a powerful high-lift permanent haircolor, when and if possible. Bleach highlighting is the most aggressive coloring process, it essentially eats pigment, and if left on too long, or used on already compromised hair can future damage or break the hair. When done correctly on healthy, strong hair, there is usually only a little dryness that can be solved by using a decent conditioner and weekly or bi-weekly deep treatments.

All-over coloring is the process on applying a haircolor solution on the hair. This mean it can be just the regrowth on previously colored hair or literally all-over the hair from roots to tips, depending on what’s needed. This is considered more mild, especially when using 20 volume or less. The more lift needed, like 30 or 40 vol, it’s a bit more aggressive.

Hot Iron Curling, is the process heating up an iron and curling the hair in some fashion. Heat over time can literally burn the hair or cause dryness, when over done. Using a heat-protective styling product can REDUCE that from happening.

Essentially, what I am saying is, all of the above has the potential to harm the hair and the more and more services you add on, the higher the potential of it being very harmful to the hair. Again, a great hairstylist will take all this into consideration and be honest with you on, whether or not, they think your hair can handle it. Plus, if they have the skill and products to pull off all those services on your hair, while maintaining your hairs integrity. I don’t mean to entirely scare you off those services, I just wanted you to be an informed client (mind you those were just a quick explanation). None of those processes on their own is extremely bad for the hair, when done correctly and maintained correctly, your hair integrity will remain in tact.

That all said….Your hair, Your body!!! I am concerned that a Hairstylist would follow only the instructions of your Partner and not you the Actual Client. Not saying Partners can’t weigh in or offer suggestions, but the CHOICE is YOURS. I can understand also your SOGGF not wanting to share the same style cut, so her offering some suggestions can be fine. BUT!! Please excuse me, the feel of your words, has me thinking the situation is being highly controlled by your SOGGF and that concerns me a bit.  Maybe I am reading way too much into it and will mind my own business.

I’ll finish off by saying, YouTube and Google searches can be a great resource for learning how to style your own hair. With lots of practice, you can be just as good as a hairstylist at styling your own hair. So buy that curling iron, heat-protective styling product and practice, practice, practice. Also, watch how your hairstylist does it, your may pick up on a few things.  AND don’t let all my cautions stop you for getting a services you want, talk to your hairstylist, get her to listen and talk to you about what is right for you and your hair. If she can’t do that, you may want to consider seeing a different hairstylist.

Best Wishes

-Gwenn

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?