Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Penny Jay
      Lady

Hi Ladies,

It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally made it to a professional wig shop, yeah.

Assistant was ever so helpful. I knew I didn’t suit a short wig, and something that blended in while out and about was the aim, so no wild colours for this girl, this time anyway.

I’m so pleased with the result, I feel confident enough to have a profile pic and uploaded a couple in the casual section, if I’ve done it correctly.

Has anyone else been / not been to seek professional advice about their femme hair?

PennyJ

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Penny, I haven’t, but I just ordered my first 100% human hair wig online and I may very well go either to a wig store or a stylist for some recommendations or getting it tailored for me. Thanks for the post and if the profile picture is the new “doo” you look mahvelous!

Penny Jay
        Lady

Thanks Brielle,  yes that’s the new “doo”.

PennyJ

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I used to buy online and one day I was with a lady friend of mine and she said wigs could be cut and styled, she knew of one stylist I could contact. That was a revelation as she helped to pick a wig and then cut to suit me. My current stylist is a gem. She has given me tips on care and also how to gently trim and take out the frizzing that can occur with a synthetic wig. I buy a good quality wig, within my budget, and I have people that have believed it is my own hair. I would recommend that any of you girls find a good stylist.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Penny!

I have sought advice from my hairstylist. But, um.. it’s for my real hair. Seems that the good lord is letting me keep mine. Not sure why, really. There is much to atone for.

Once I grow it longer, I’ll go back to my hairstylist for some shaping and leave as big a tip as I can. Poor hairdressers have been decimated during this awful plague.

👱🏽‍♀️ Barb

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I have not but probably should. I have a wig (the one in my profile pic) but I would love to have a better quality one and just a little longer.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Penny Jay…

I haven’t….., but i just wanted to compliment you on your profile pic…it’s lovely…

Hope you don’t take offence….

Grace x

Penny Jay
        Lady

Hi Grace,

No offence taken, getting compliments about my femme appearance is great, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling I’m doing something that’s approved, but as always “work in progress”.

PennyJ

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

Don’t you go selling it short – today was a MASSIVE day for you and has been on your “wish list” for over a year once your confidence levels were up and Covid allowed.

You did amazing and I know how nervous you were and you look fantastic with your new hair – it really does make you look younger!

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I’ve gone wig shopping with my wife, who is my biggest supporter. Unfortunately we can’t try on wigs due to covid-19. I have found that short hairstyles don’t work for me. I wish we would have known that before we spent a chunk of change on a bob cut wig. Live and learn!

Mandy Wife
        Baroness

Can you not try them on now? Penny did yesterday, they put a paper towel on her head, then a wig cap and then the wig and ones that were rejected were sprayed with some sanitiser before going back into the box so rules may have relaxed a bit.

Penny also has a (cheap) bobbed wig that I don’t like, but neither does she so that’s good lol!!

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Love the new hair Penny! Looks GREAT!

I have gone to a wig store(same store) for both of my wig purchases.

I have  long and short wig. I have gotten a lot more comments on the short one and I like it’s look better myself.

Having a pro at the shop to help is key.

Glad you had a good experience!

XOXO

Rayna

Hi Penny same here never been to a shop or  salon to get things done right i have about 10 different styles long short and he he inbetween  ..Two favs are inbetween as wife likes these also will see later on about going somewhere to have a professional do my doo ha ha .. And as for yours looking good girlfriend you are gaining pretty girl ground ..congrats girl ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Penny.

Your new hair looks great on you. Now you’re going to want more styles and colors. It never ends and shouldn’t as most girls love to shop.

I’ve not been to a professional wig shop but have used wigs bought online which turned out to work good for me. I have natural Covid hair now and keep it in a ponytail in public. Its gotten pretty long and I need to find a hairstylist that can cut it in an androgynous style.

Hi, Penny, your new doo looks lovely,as do you with it, congrats.
      I have not gone to a professional, but I have quite a few wigs, and two of them came from my SO, which were purchased from a pro for her years ago.
      It is on my list
      Hugs,Regi👸💖

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Regine Kelly. Reason: spelling
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?