- November 10, 2021 at 6:00 am #574378Penny JayParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 64Has thanked: 376 timesBeen thanked: 444 times
It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally made it to a professional wig shop, yeah.
Assistant was ever so helpful. I knew I didn’t suit a short wig, and something that blended in while out and about was the aim, so no wild colours for this girl, this time anyway.
I’m so pleased with the result, I feel confident enough to have a profile pic and uploaded a couple in the casual section, if I’ve done it correctly.
Has anyone else been / not been to seek professional advice about their femme hair?
- November 11, 2021 at 1:06 pm #574941Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1451Has thanked: 20372 timesBeen thanked: 6882 times
Hi, Penny, your new doo looks lovely,as do you with it, congrats.
I have not gone to a professional, but I have quite a few wigs, and two of them came from my SO, which were purchased from a pro for her years ago.
It is on my list
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by Regine Kelly. Reason: spelling
- November 11, 2021 at 12:16 pm #574928Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1528Has thanked: 10037 timesBeen thanked: 7507 times
Your new hair looks great on you. Now you’re going to want more styles and colors. It never ends and shouldn’t as most girls love to shop.
I’ve not been to a professional wig shop but have used wigs bought online which turned out to work good for me. I have natural Covid hair now and keep it in a ponytail in public. Its gotten pretty long and I need to find a hairstylist that can cut it in an androgynous style.
- November 11, 2021 at 12:03 pm #574923Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3943Has thanked: 56385 timesBeen thanked: 13975 times
Hi Penny same here never been to a shop or salon to get things done right i have about 10 different styles long short and he he inbetween ..Two favs are inbetween as wife likes these also will see later on about going somewhere to have a professional do my doo ha ha .. And as for yours looking good girlfriend you are gaining pretty girl ground ..congrats girl ..
- November 11, 2021 at 9:12 am #574866Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 468Has thanked: 599 timesBeen thanked: 1651 times
Love the new hair Penny! Looks GREAT!
I have gone to a wig store(same store) for both of my wig purchases.
I have long and short wig. I have gotten a lot more comments on the short one and I like it’s look better myself.
Having a pro at the shop to help is key.
Glad you had a good experience!
- November 10, 2021 at 1:35 pm #574542Mia Mor’eBaronessRegistered On: June 27, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 122Has thanked: 173 timesBeen thanked: 639 times
I’ve gone wig shopping with my wife, who is my biggest supporter. Unfortunately we can’t try on wigs due to covid-19. I have found that short hairstyles don’t work for me. I wish we would have known that before we spent a chunk of change on a bob cut wig. Live and learn!
- November 11, 2021 at 11:28 am #574916Mandy WifeBaronessRegistered On: September 12, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 264Has thanked: 166 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
Can you not try them on now? Penny did yesterday, they put a paper towel on her head, then a wig cap and then the wig and ones that were rejected were sprayed with some sanitiser before going back into the box so rules may have relaxed a bit.
Penny also has a (cheap) bobbed wig that I don’t like, but neither does she so that’s good lol!!
- November 10, 2021 at 12:53 pm #574537BaronessRegistered On: September 12, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 264Has thanked: 166 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
Don’t you go selling it short – today was a MASSIVE day for you and has been on your “wish list” for over a year once your confidence levels were up and Covid allowed.
You did amazing and I know how nervous you were and you look fantastic with your new hair – it really does make you look younger!
- November 10, 2021 at 10:55 am #574492AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 10, 2021 at 10:49 am #574487Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1607Has thanked: 3155 timesBeen thanked: 5436 times
- November 10, 2021 at 10:47 am #574486Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4026 timesBeen thanked: 3323 times
I have sought advice from my hairstylist. But, um.. it’s for my real hair. Seems that the good lord is letting me keep mine. Not sure why, really. There is much to atone for.
Once I grow it longer, I’ll go back to my hairstylist for some shaping and leave as big a tip as I can. Poor hairdressers have been decimated during this awful plague.
- November 10, 2021 at 10:09 am #574471Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1168Has thanked: 4389 timesBeen thanked: 5219 times
I used to buy online and one day I was with a lady friend of mine and she said wigs could be cut and styled, she knew of one stylist I could contact. That was a revelation as she helped to pick a wig and then cut to suit me. My current stylist is a gem. She has given me tips on care and also how to gently trim and take out the frizzing that can occur with a synthetic wig. I buy a good quality wig, within my budget, and I have people that have believed it is my own hair. I would recommend that any of you girls find a good stylist.
- November 10, 2021 at 6:17 am #574392BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 487Has thanked: 2444 timesBeen thanked: 2053 times
Hi Penny, I haven’t, but I just ordered my first 100% human hair wig online and I may very well go either to a wig store or a stylist for some recommendations or getting it tailored for me. Thanks for the post and if the profile picture is the new “doo” you look mahvelous!
- November 10, 2021 at 7:22 am #574411
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.