Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 84
      Replies: 816

An old bald male hardly qualifies for this topic, but with my wigs I like just above shoulder length and with curls at the end. A fringe over my brow to hide the “broad male” version

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Kennedy
      Princess
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 701

Hi Holly Last year I decided to grow my hair out. Every one around me including my wife made stupid comments. I loved it because I could put my hair up and into a pony tail or even down I was always putting my hair behind my ears. I went to my hair dresser last week just to get my ends trimmed and say hello to the other ladies. She convinced me to cut it and gave me a cut that was more androgynous. My hair is a lot neater and easier to care for. I always seemed to be touching my hair for one reason or another when it was longer. Making a decision to cut my hair only after a year was a little emotional for me. I can only imagine what it would be like to grow your hair out for years. Having long hair is a huge part of the female identity. If you choose to grow out your hair just make sure you keep it clean and neat. Most woman can identify with that conversation.

Luv Stephanie

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Samantha Murphy
      Lady
      Registered On: February 20, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 32

Hanging free is my favorite way to wear it, but I do pull it back while I’m at work.

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 1322

I recently went to a longer style from the shortish one I’d been wearing for a couple of years now, and I really love the feeling of my hair hanging down around my shoulders. Perhaps come the summer I’ll wish for shorter hair, but for now I love it!

Amy

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Marti
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 262

Hi Holly,

Free and easy , or pony tail for me. One of my daughters did me a  couple of thin side braids once, which I quite liked, but  couldn’t hope to duplicate myself.

Marti xxx

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 152
      Replies: 2065

I have found that wigs don’t usually take too kindly to pony-tails. I have never managed to put one in one of those “high” pony-tails.   The wig edges are the problem.  So I sometimes wear a scrunchy-thing for a low slung one, or a hairband.

Kelly Terry
      Lady
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 236

As kelly it hangs free with just a hairband to old it back a little.
      In drab I mostly go with ponytail but not when driving since then the knot is irritating when it hit the headrest all the time.

/kt

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Jin Crocker
        Lady
        Registered On: November 15, 2019
        Topics: 4
        Replies: 336

Kelly, I move my ponytail up high when driving to avoid the bump on the headrest. Or I gather it into two pigtails. Or pull it off to one side.

June
      Lady
      Registered On: October 10, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 9

Hi all!

My preference is to wear it down with a flip under.  However, the longer it is an outward flip or curls holds better.  I prefer not to gather it back until I have to.  And then, I use a barrette or hair clips.  I do not care to use rubber or elastic bands…but will use a scrunche for a pony tail if I have to.

My hair is natural; not cut to any certain style, so it rarely comes out of curlers, or blow drying, behaving or looking the same from one time to the next.  It’s a lot to manage, not as easy as a wig or hairpiece.  It is a whole lot easier to slip on a different wig for a change up.  Say from mid length to a pixie or bob.  With natural hair you are limited to what you can do with what you’ve got.  I wore wigs for decades, so I know about that.

My hair is not naturally curly, so brushing it down is not difficult.  Getting it to stay flipped under, out or curled requires mousse, styling gel and sprays… Sometimes it just doesn’t come out the way I want.  That’s when I reach for the barrette.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Deborah Sullivan
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 600

When my hair was longer I wore ponytails and sometimes high on the head. Had headbands to keep it out of my face and at times a bun. I loved wearing it in all different styles around the house but now

more comfy in shorter hair that can still be styled in unisex ways

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 336

Depends so much on what I am doing. My hair is down to mid-back. Sometimes I just need to keep it out of my way so always have a ponytail band with me. And yes, colors include pink. I put it high. low, off-side, even the ‘palm tree’. I often put it into pigtails and they too may be behind my ears, or high above them, often with colorful ribbons, bows, sparkly clips. When it is flying free and falls across my breasts I feel like Lady Godiva!

Cindi Calloway
      Lady
      Registered On: April 4, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 23

In the summer, its nice to wear it in a ponytail, so its not as hot

Andi DuBois
      Lady
      Registered On: January 7, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 92

I haven’t voted on this one. As I have said elsewhere, my own head hair has long since departed for adventures on its own!

When out dressed, I have a number of wigs depending on the mood. Sometimes it is a shoulder length bob, other times mid way down my back either hanging loose or in a pony tail.

One day, when one of the long wigs is getting ready for the bin, I am going to use it to master putting it in a French Plait.

-A.

Carolyn Kay
      Lady
      Registered On: August 25, 2016
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 240

I voted hanging free because my head, sadly, is pretty free of hair. Therefore, I own many wigs, that come is various styles and colors.

Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 439

I wore it in a pony tail for a number of years.  I even started wearing colored bands (not just black).  But for the last few years, I just started wearing it free.

When I go to get waxed, to keep it off my shoulders and back, I’ll either put it in a high pony tail or a bun.

Alisha Alex
      Lady
      Registered On: November 28, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 64

My hair was long enough for pigtail or a bun.

Sandy Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 479

I let my hair hang down. When needing to present as male I tie my hair back in a pony tail.
      .. Sandy

Donna
      Lady
      Registered On: January 17, 2021
      Topics: 56
      Replies: 545

Mine free style as growing out long  Speaking of pony tails anyone ever use those extension pieces to do like pony tail or even what they call when done on the top a bum bum or something like that.

Eva Kelly
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 1, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 257

I voted hang free. My hair is growing out, longer than it has ever been but a long way to go. Probably wear a pony tail to work when it gets that long.

Krista
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 569

Hi Holly, I change my hair style many times during the day.  Most often it is hanging free (hangs below my bra strap).  My wife insists that I put it in a ponytail when I’m cooking supper.  And I will put it in a ponytail if I’m washing the car, or doing yardwork.  In the morning when I’m exercising, I prefer to wear it in pigtails – that seems to be the best for exercising.  Sometimes I will do a sort of a bun when I’m cooking; just depends which hair tie I happen to grab from the kitchen drawer.  Oh, and I will wear barrettes at times but my wife hates them.  Try all of the styles.  Having really long hair takes a bit of getting used to but I find it so much better than wearing a wig.  All the Best, take care, Hugs, Krista.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Krista.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 38
      Replies: 951

While I wear it in a ponytail probably more of my waking hours than not I prefer it hanging loose usually with a barrette on each side.

LisaT
      Lady
      Registered On: January 31, 2021
      Topics: 48
      Replies: 536

Mines usually free though I wear a hair band to keep it back. Occasionally I have a pony tail.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account