- Hanging free
- May 3, 2021 at 2:44 pm #487291Holly GoodrichParticipantRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 38Has thanked: 137 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
Just curious, alright plain nosy😋😋, you girls wih hair below the shoulders, how do you prefer to wear it:
I prefer ponytail if I’m driving, otherwise hanging free.
- May 7, 2021 at 9:34 pm #489433Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 84Replies: 816Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2742 times
- May 6, 2021 at 9:02 am #488608Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 701Has thanked: 4369 timesBeen thanked: 2669 times
Hi Holly Last year I decided to grow my hair out. Every one around me including my wife made stupid comments. I loved it because I could put my hair up and into a pony tail or even down I was always putting my hair behind my ears. I went to my hair dresser last week just to get my ends trimmed and say hello to the other ladies. She convinced me to cut it and gave me a cut that was more androgynous. My hair is a lot neater and easier to care for. I always seemed to be touching my hair for one reason or another when it was longer. Making a decision to cut my hair only after a year was a little emotional for me. I can only imagine what it would be like to grow your hair out for years. Having long hair is a huge part of the female identity. If you choose to grow out your hair just make sure you keep it clean and neat. Most woman can identify with that conversation.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 4, 2021 at 8:40 pm #488034
- May 4, 2021 at 7:47 pm #488020Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1322Has thanked: 3794 timesBeen thanked: 3688 times
I recently went to a longer style from the shortish one I’d been wearing for a couple of years now, and I really love the feeling of my hair hanging down around my shoulders. Perhaps come the summer I’ll wish for shorter hair, but for now I love it!
- May 4, 2021 at 10:57 am #487807MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 262Has thanked: 1004 timesBeen thanked: 1033 times
- May 4, 2021 at 9:02 am #487761stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9583 times
I have found that wigs don’t usually take too kindly to pony-tails. I have never managed to put one in one of those “high” pony-tails. The wig edges are the problem. So I sometimes wear a scrunchy-thing for a low slung one, or a hairband.
- May 4, 2021 at 8:16 am #487746Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 236Has thanked: 228 timesBeen thanked: 962 times
As kelly it hangs free with just a hairband to old it back a little.
In drab I mostly go with ponytail but not when driving since then the knot is irritating when it hit the headrest all the time.
- May 4, 2021 at 7:46 am #487709JuneLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
My preference is to wear it down with a flip under. However, the longer it is an outward flip or curls holds better. I prefer not to gather it back until I have to. And then, I use a barrette or hair clips. I do not care to use rubber or elastic bands…but will use a scrunche for a pony tail if I have to.
My hair is natural; not cut to any certain style, so it rarely comes out of curlers, or blow drying, behaving or looking the same from one time to the next. It’s a lot to manage, not as easy as a wig or hairpiece. It is a whole lot easier to slip on a different wig for a change up. Say from mid length to a pixie or bob. With natural hair you are limited to what you can do with what you’ve got. I wore wigs for decades, so I know about that.
My hair is not naturally curly, so brushing it down is not difficult. Getting it to stay flipped under, out or curled requires mousse, styling gel and sprays… Sometimes it just doesn’t come out the way I want. That’s when I reach for the barrette.
- May 4, 2021 at 7:44 am #487706Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 600Has thanked: 2618 timesBeen thanked: 2380 times
When my hair was longer I wore ponytails and sometimes high on the head. Had headbands to keep it out of my face and at times a bun. I loved wearing it in all different styles around the house but now
more comfy in shorter hair that can still be styled in unisex ways
- May 4, 2021 at 6:36 am #487661Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 336Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
Depends so much on what I am doing. My hair is down to mid-back. Sometimes I just need to keep it out of my way so always have a ponytail band with me. And yes, colors include pink. I put it high. low, off-side, even the ‘palm tree’. I often put it into pigtails and they too may be behind my ears, or high above them, often with colorful ribbons, bows, sparkly clips. When it is flying free and falls across my breasts I feel like Lady Godiva!
- May 4, 2021 at 3:15 am #487579
- May 4, 2021 at 2:04 am #487564Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 92Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
I haven’t voted on this one. As I have said elsewhere, my own head hair has long since departed for adventures on its own!
When out dressed, I have a number of wigs depending on the mood. Sometimes it is a shoulder length bob, other times mid way down my back either hanging loose or in a pony tail.
One day, when one of the long wigs is getting ready for the bin, I am going to use it to master putting it in a French Plait.
- May 4, 2021 at 1:49 am #487558Carolyn KayLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 18Replies: 240Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 1145 times
- May 3, 2021 at 8:22 pm #487442Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 439Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 1741 times
I wore it in a pony tail for a number of years. I even started wearing colored bands (not just black). But for the last few years, I just started wearing it free.
When I go to get waxed, to keep it off my shoulders and back, I’ll either put it in a high pony tail or a bun.
- May 3, 2021 at 5:30 pm #487354
- May 3, 2021 at 5:14 pm #487350Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 479Has thanked: 973 timesBeen thanked: 2171 times
- May 3, 2021 at 3:10 pm #487310DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 56Replies: 545Has thanked: 3875 timesBeen thanked: 2160 times
- May 3, 2021 at 3:05 pm #487306Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1226 times
- May 3, 2021 at 3:04 pm #487305KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 569Has thanked: 1509 timesBeen thanked: 2535 times
Hi Holly, I change my hair style many times during the day. Most often it is hanging free (hangs below my bra strap). My wife insists that I put it in a ponytail when I’m cooking supper. And I will put it in a ponytail if I’m washing the car, or doing yardwork. In the morning when I’m exercising, I prefer to wear it in pigtails – that seems to be the best for exercising. Sometimes I will do a sort of a bun when I’m cooking; just depends which hair tie I happen to grab from the kitchen drawer. Oh, and I will wear barrettes at times but my wife hates them. Try all of the styles. Having really long hair takes a bit of getting used to but I find it so much better than wearing a wig. All the Best, take care, Hugs, Krista.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Krista.
- May 3, 2021 at 2:53 pm #487296Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 38Replies: 951Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 3067 times
- May 3, 2021 at 2:50 pm #487295LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 536Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 2487 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.