• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ariane
      Duchess

Another important day for me – and the first as Ariane in almost a week. This morning I went to Beesley Wigs in Sandhurst for a consultation. The staff there were so sweet. Sally, who runs the place, and Katie. They took me into a back room and talked about what I was looking for. Then Katie brought through a range of dark shoulder-length wigs for me to try on. I spent a long time over this and thought they might lose patience, but they didn’t. Eventually I found one that I really liked. I bought it and they styled it for me to suit.

Apparently they have a lot of male customers and in fact they advertise with established sites like the Beaumont Society. They understand what it’s like for a trans person taking their first steps into the female self. They made me feel welcome and said I could come back any time for advice, restyling etc. I was so glad I chose them. It makes such a difference having the right hair.

J J
      Lady

That has been my experience at the two wig shops I have been to. The only difference is there was no backroom. I just sat at the at one of the many mirrors on the shop floor and tried many styles, lengths and colors. The SA or sA’s were wonderful and patient and knew what they were doing. We worked until we were all satisfied with the result.

I highly recommend wig shopping in a salon. I can not imagine buying a wig without trying several first.

Ariane
        Duchess

You’re quite right. I’m happy to buy most things online but wigs are a special case. Not least because the male head tends to be larger than the female head, so you need a wig with a larger (and possibly non-standard) cap.

Not to mention the pampering of a one on one sale. Us girls just love that!

Love,

Tommie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You made a very good move there Ariane. When I first found out that there were wig suppliers who styled the wig to suit it was a revelation and one I’d recommend to anyone, after all it is your crowning glory. A wig will last so much longer with good care and the occasional touch up, being pampered is an added bonus.

J J
        Lady

Correct me if I am wrong, but only human hair wigs can be styled and not synthetic wigs, at least to any significant degree.

Angela Booth
          Hostess

Most modern wigs can now take an amount of heat so styling is possible.  The other reference to styling is to the wig out of the box. There are a lot of wigs that may have the style that suits but isn’t quite there. It can be styled to suit you better which usually means a bit of a cut and thinning as needed. Some hairdressers train to do this as the art of styling wigs has been around for years for those who need to wear wigs and it has benefited us girls too.

J J
            Lady

Thank you, that makes sense.

Now that you mention. it, they touched up my wigs when I bought them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?