- Yes 81.43% 57 votes
- I don't care for Salons. 12.86% 9 votes
- No 5.71% 4 votes
- February 17, 2022 at 8:46 am #622661Celestine CapriParticipantRegistered On: January 10, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 47Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
There is nothing more feminine than a woman with head full of Rollers/Curlers.
I challenge as many of us as possible to post pics of our hair set. Perm rods also count.
- May 24, 2022 at 3:07 pm #647620Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 193Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 679 times
I used to go to a salon in Baltimore and get my wig styled and make up done along with a few friends before using the salon as a set for photos.
- March 3, 2022 at 2:57 pm #626451Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 945Has thanked: 4466 timesBeen thanked: 3981 times
Been going to salons for many years and have had perms, dyes, and
frostings. Rarely had problems. I do use curlers and rollers at home though when I wanted to try different looks with my natural hair. Such fun to do too with other gurlfriends.
- March 2, 2022 at 8:05 pm #626257Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 819Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3457 times
I’ve gone to a salon for years. And for many years I have had my hair colored to take out the grey. I’ve been going to the same woman for about 25 yeas. My hair is long and has little body (it’s very fine), so I don’t get it styled. But I get it colored and get the ends trimmed, and then flat-ironed.
- March 3, 2022 at 10:08 am #626399Celestine CapriDuchessRegistered On: January 10, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 47Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
That sounds like fun.
In my twenties I was in a Hair metal band. I’ve had my hair bleached, frosted, and highlighted in the Beauty Salon. I went around to different salons. I found this little two chair old fashioned salon near my house. Michelle became my go to hairdresser. She was really good with color and her salon was the most femme in an old school way.
I really miss the salon. As we get older, we lose things. I lost my hair.
- March 3, 2022 at 7:39 pm #626496Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 819Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3457 times
Celestine, I don’t do it out of fun. I started it because I didn’t like the grey. But as my hair grew, I also found out that grey hairs are also wiry. I was using a flat-iron on my hair simply because it frizzed up in the humidity or after a shower. But I couldn’t get the hairs on top of my head to straighten out. After coloring, the coloring becomes a coat on the wiry grey hairs and keeps them smooth and therefore more manageable.
So now I do it partly because it makes me feel younger (I just went 25 months during the pandemic with the grey hair growing throughout), and partly because both the top is less wiry and the ends get less frizzy.
It also got a bit worse because this is the first time I went where I had to wear contacts. (My eyes are such now that I have to wear contacts; glasses no longer correct my vision.) When I was wearing glasses I was near sighted and could look at my phone or a magazine while it was processing. With the contacts I’m far sighted, so I can’t see my phone or read a magazine without glasses, but I can’t wear glasses because of the coloring agent in my hair.
- February 26, 2022 at 8:31 pm #625179Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 104Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
I have not yet been to a salon, but decided to let my hair grow out for the first time in my life. When young my father insisted on butch haircuts and would never allow me to grow hair so long it would touch my ears. It is now several inches beyond that point and I have considered having it styled if I could find a stylist willing/able to work with a CD. Out of the blue I got a post on a Facebook thread which was not something anyone but family would, I thought, be interested in. I hardly ever use Facebook, did not recognize the name and asked if I knew her. “No” she answered… just looking for a friend. I dismissed it, then thought to myself that was mean; perhaps I could be a friend to someone in need. Turns out she is half my age, a hair stylist in another country and wants to set up her own shop, as she was accosted by her boss and had to quit. Conversations became intense, personal, and frequent. She studied in the US and wants to return… really wants to style my hair in several different ways, which I found odd as she only works on women and does not know I am CD, but I find myself looking forward to finding a way to meet up, learn more about her, and see what she can do. Still wondering if this is a scam, as she is broke with a 5-year-old by a man who threw her out. She is asking for food, phone, a loan to help her start her business, and such, but she does strike me as sincere, fascinating, and believable, and the hair-styling sounds intriguing so I’m following along for now.
- March 2, 2022 at 11:25 pm #626276Tina AllenLadyRegistered On: August 16, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 49Has thanked: 513 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
Sometime ago i was getting drawn into a scam. I asked a specific question and got a vague generic answer. I stopped replying and the messages stopped. Its good to help others but in this world there are givers, and takers.
- March 8, 2022 at 10:32 am #627813Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 104Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
I still can’t tell whether this is a scam, but I have now enabled this lady to set up a hair salon via a loan she says she can repay in 6 weeks from her clients. She had her first client today. I learned she also does manicures, and pedicures. She sent me amazing photos of her home salon, which she built in a few days and is now totally stocked. I’m willing to see how far it goes so offered to fly her to the USA and asked her to pick a flight… it was a First Class seat over $4k. I found a RT seat for close to $700 and told her I’d pay about $1250. That would either pay for economy premium or she could fly cheaper and use the savings to pay off the loan or feed her kid. We’ll see how she responds to that. If she comes over she has offered to style my hair many ways, and we’d spend time together doing fun stuff. I told her I am a CD, which could set myself up for blackmail, but I still think she is on the level… should know soon. Either this will be a really fun adventure or one I could regret the rest of my life. I sent her a photo of me at the pool in a bathing suit and asked her to guess who it was. She made numerous efforts… my daughter?.. my sister?… my cheating ex-girlfriend?… after many clues spread over 15 minutes at least, she finally realized it was me.
- March 2, 2022 at 4:45 am #626085Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 130Has thanked: 1136 timesBeen thanked: 460 times
Rhonda, Everything in your post about your wannabe hairdresser SHOUTS scam, read post of how scammers hook you, go after your heart with I need rend money, money for food, money to start a new business.
There are some great Video on youtube of scammers in India how they operate and part you and your money.
- March 2, 2022 at 7:36 pm #626251
- February 28, 2022 at 2:59 am #625476Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 289Has thanked: 4158 timesBeen thanked: 1347 times
- February 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm #623413Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 956Has thanked: 21086 timesBeen thanked: 3350 times
I’ve gotten my male haircuts done at salons all my adult life! They always come out better, and who doesn’t want to be around the girls?!
- February 20, 2022 at 9:33 am #623524DuchessRegistered On: January 10, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 47Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
I started going to the salon in my teens. I was in a Hair Metal band and I sported highlighted hair with a wicked perm. I rocked it. No pun intended.
My wife used to go every three weeks to keep her dark roots from showing through her long soft, luscious blonde mane. I would go with her and watch. Her hairdresser was very nice and very skilled.
I went to Macy’s Salon for a perm one day. My wife brought me there because they were having a special on perms. It was very girly in their salon. full disclosure I Love the smell of Perm Solution. When the stylist came to get me, we paused by an open door in the back. She looked me over and mumbled something to another stylist. When she came back out, she had a pink salon smock dress. She helped me put it on and I thought I was going to die. Wow, this is a crossdressers dream. She rolled my hair and while I was processing, she sat in a salon chair next to me and my wife. We chatted as she smoked a Virginia Slims 120s Cigarette.
One of the best moments I have had at the salon. By Far.
Thanks & Curls,
- February 19, 2022 at 1:54 pm #623282Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3739Has thanked: 53964 timesBeen thanked: 13156 times
Hi Celestine nice meeting you as once in a while wife and i go to her salon in the big city and i get a hubby drab trim as an old school hippy long hair was a thing for me but as work wants a little better image for the public its a shorter trim.. But ha ha wife and i are going to Keystone next month so growing it out a bit and tuesday morning the 22 nd we go for a cut before we go to airport to fly out and wife says its ok to tell her stylist to trim it in a more femme style he he love my wife ..
- March 28, 2022 at 11:49 am #632018skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1339Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 1894 times
You looked great Steph!
- February 19, 2022 at 12:33 pm #623266Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 179Has thanked: 306 timesBeen thanked: 764 times
The salon I go to is a safe place. The young lady who does my hair really wanted to meet Amber. I’ve been en femme twice. The staff and female customers were so accepting. OK, maybe one or two gave me a sideways glance. But now even when I go in en drab I’m greeted with ‘Hi Amber’.
Be safe. Love and Peace.
- February 18, 2022 at 10:48 am #622999DuchessRegistered On: January 10, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 47Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
- February 24, 2022 at 2:32 am #624525Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 483Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2241 times
It’s sad that we can’t. I’m a very visual person. I love this site and sharing my posts and comments but I would also love to share pictures with my posts. I’m not a shy girl when it comes to taking and sharing pics of myself.
- February 18, 2022 at 9:05 am #622967Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 489Has thanked: 1477 timesBeen thanked: 2174 times
I have never been to a salon but is one of those things that are always on my wish list. I am a chicken I guess. The thought of a perfect style, nails and a professional doing my makeup is so almost to good to be true.
- February 17, 2022 at 9:51 pm #622878Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 533Has thanked: 849 timesBeen thanked: 2665 times
- February 18, 2022 at 7:52 am #622948
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.