Tagged: 

• This topic has 72 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was musing on Halloween, and for some reason Heidi Klum and her stunning Jessica Rabbit outfit sprang to mind. (if you haven’t seen it, it’s worth a Google)

So, if you had an invite to that party, unrestricted access to Hollywood-grade makeup, prosthetics and costume, who would you go as? Why?

Good Queen Bess? Fancy being laced into 40 pounds of brocade and silks, with a nice prosthetic cleavage to look down at? Hope the venue has aircon.

7of9? Before, after or Picard?

Catwoman? If so, which one?

Rizzo from Grease? Or is Sandie more your line?

Xena?

Or maybe I’m making too many assumptions, and some of you may like to go as Wolverine?

Who or what would you go as? Why?

Me? It’s got to be period costume, just for the sheer complexity of it. I fancy that black and white outfit Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady. Why? I want that hat!

Connie

xxx

To be honest it would have to be a 50s style dress complete with petticoats and flare.  My favorite style of dress is from that era.  Not that it will ever happen but a girl can dream.

Anonymous

Love 50’s style! Nice.

Connie

xxx

Samantha Joan
        Hostess

Now that would be a great idea, perhaps Wanda from 50’s Wandavision..?

Would you sing getting to know you or Wouldn’t it be loverly?😂😂😂😂.Sorry for the corny joke love.

Anonymous

All I want is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air……..

I’d sing anything you want if I was wearing that!

Connie

xxx

Might take you up on that sometime. What about getting to know you? Take it like myself you’re fond of singing love

Anonymous

Sorry, I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but I do appreciate a good lyric when I hear it.

Connie

xxx

I’d love to a duet with someone dressed as Barbara Dickson or Elaine Paige and sing I know him so well.x

Anonymous

Cool! I love that song. Those harmonies send a shiver down my spine.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Can’t make up my mind; either Sophie from “Magic in the Moonlight”, or Bonnie Parker from “Bonny and Clyde”.

Lulu

Lulu, it’s well for you can make that choice. Some of us haven’t that luxury girl

Anonymous

Hi Sarajayne,

The way the question was worded, you have no limits, other than your imagination; you can go back to roles played by Clara Bow or Mary Pickford, if you wanted. I could also have selected Kathy Selden from “Singin’ in the Rain”, or (more age appropriate) Muzzy from “Thoroughly Modern Millie”; in my heart, I am a Jazz Baby.

Hugs,
          Lulu

Lulu, didn’t think you’d remember Clara Bow or Mary Pickford. I’d like to play Elaine Paige or Barbara Dickson singing I know him so well. Wasn’t a great fan of Fred Astaire, but I love to play Judy Garland singing We’re a couple of swells from Easter parade.

Anonymous

I’m a fan of a few late ’20s and early ’30s stars, and of Judy Garland; but my favorite song of hers was “You Made Me Love You”. Dorothy’s Oz costume would be nice for Halloween.

Hugs,
            Lulu

Anonymous

30’s? That’s cool.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

I lived through part of that era, and I can relate to it. And I suspect Bonnie of being a cousin. And I do have the “hardware”.

Lulu

Barb Wire
      Lady

Connie, again with Wolverine!?

My heart is fluttering! And NOT good with my strong morning coffee!

No, I won’t be dressing as Wolverine, but if he shows up I’ll certainly have some treats for him, especially with the way I’ll be dressed!

“Good heavens, Elvira! You look smashing! Care to join me for a night-out of exhilarating mayhem?”

“Let me get my boa! Her name is Abigail.”

Oooo, I just love a fluttering heart!

A girl can dream…

💋 Barb

P.S. I adore Audrey Hepburn too!

Anonymous

Sorry! I did use Wolverine a few weeks back as an example of a stereotypical ultra male. Whatever floats your boat. Or bat, in your case……

Connie

xxx

Barb Wire
          Lady

No need to be sorry! Carry on!

😉 :B

Anonymous

Wow, a hollywood make over might just tempt me to the party. I might need a personality make over also, so I could try to be Fennella Fielding (if you know her at all it’ll be the “carry on” films), or Joan Greenwood who played the delightful Sibella in ‘Kind Hearts and Coronets’.

If they’re taken, I’ll happily be Kathleen Turner for the night.

They all have (well, had in the case of the first two) wonderfully rich and deeper voices, which I’d love to try to imitate ‘in role’

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Fenella Fielding? Yes! Carry On Screaming, wasn’t it? With the husky voice? Nice choice.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

yes, Connie,

it’s the voice that’s the deal maker 😉

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti….

Fenella was a doll….when she says to Harry H Corbett in carry on screaming…….” do you mind if I smoke “…. hilarious x

I am thinking Bride of Dracula for this year.

Sexy, naughty, revealing costumes, and mystical control/power to seduce men! 🙂

Anonymous

Seems to be a strong female vampire vibe going on here! Kate Beckinsale, anyone?

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Connie.

I’m hooked on period costume…I love all those layers, corsets, wonderful hairstyles, flowing gowns and outrageous hats…( only problem I can see, is they need plenty of notice to pee )

I’m currently loving a costume drama on TV called ” Miss Scarlet and the Duke”…….loving her outfits…..and what a wonderful name she has!!!

…so I’d love to go as her.

Miss Scarlett xx

Anonymous

Ooh, sounds good. I too have a fascination for those period dresses – all that STUFF. And you’d need willing help to get into it all.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Connie….maybe the costume hire shop supplies a ” strap me in ” team!!!!

Anonymous

Yes! A dedicated tight-lacing team, then over to the petticoat department.

I’d pay good money for that.

Connie

xxx

Would love the full look of a Lady in waiting in the court of King Louie XIV wearing a full updo wig with jewels gloves petticoat and gown and of course a tight corset pushing up the cleavage.

Anonymous

Oh yes. Imagine sailing sedately around the room, skirts rustling, corsets creaking….

Connie

xxx

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

A couple of years ago, we had a Halloween day at work. Besides all the candy and pumpkin pie, there was also come in costume day.

I bought a couple of Halloween dresses but chose a 50’s style to wear. The hardest part was the makeup. I went half full makeup and half a scarred face. With some layers of liquid latex, fake blood, and black and white face paint it did the trick.

Would certainly recommend, where you can give it a go!

Hugs,

Samantha x x

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’ve always dreamt as someone truly historical like Cleopatra, although a good Elvira Mistress of the Dark would suffice.  In the past it would have been Alice or Dorothy.

Last year a Halloween costume shop had a bad year because of Covid. Their normal post Halloween sale turned into a bankruptcy sale. Sad for them but there were wonderful deals. I scooped up several costumes and accessories. Naughty Nurse, Sexy Cheerleader, Vampire Cheerleader, Southern Bell, Skater Girl (I wear the dress frequently as a nice summer dress), Queen of Diamonds, 50’s Pink Poodle skirt, Cleopatra (that one was a disaster when I tried it on at home, parts too large, parts to small and all shoddy material and seams. Went in the bin.) Now I have lots of choices.

Several years ago I DJ’d a wedding on Halloween. The guests were all required to come in their best costumes. The brides mother was head of the makeup department for the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, Mn. Her father was head of the costume department. The wedding party was incredible. The bride was Cinderella at the ball and of course the groom was Prince Charming. Both sets of parents were Kings and Queens. The best man was a 7ft tall Frankenstein, the maid of honor was Dorthy with Toto, and the others in the party were a variety of fun costumes. This was the first year I dressed as The Phantom of the Opera, what else should a DJ be. Hehe. The guests did quite well also, Naughty Nun with Lecherous Bishop, Bonnie and Clyde, Betty Boop, Wolfman, Vampirella and on and on. Wow, what a party!😈😵🎶

Beth

Leslie
        Lady

Reminds me of what was the best adult Halloween party I ever went to. Of all places in was at a Dominican nunnery. There were some really good costumes. I was studying for an M DIV at a Dominican University at the time and was invited as the token Protestant. Before the great unmasking we were all wondering who one person was (sort of like the Masked Singer). He had a really scary costume. We were all floored when it turned out to be the Reverend Father president of the university . Those Dominicans know how to PARTY! And there wasn’t a rack or burning steak in site.

Anonymous

Was thinking of going as Storm from xmen always love her outfit and the white black streak hair.

Next year be female giggles guess can go in male drab. then hehe.

Donna

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

After a slow start in these ‘ere parts Halloween has caught on quite a bit here in Oz. I live in a retirement village, so I cant show any signs of Caty or the gossip mill would shred its bearings.So no Halloween for me. A non accepting SO does not help either…

As for the costume,, well as mentioned here in the past and also in my public photos eg.
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/scarlett-ocaty/
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/lady-catherine-of-alphington/

as a long time devotee of period fashion I could do Halloween as either “Scarlett O Caty” or
      “Ladt Catherine of Alphington”. Alphington being the Melbourne suburb where the makeover to turn me into “Lady C” took place.

And yes the make up(obviously) was professionally done and back then I also loved the feeling of being “tightly corseted”. Not so much these days..

So I guess I “qualify” but very much in “absentia”.

Caty.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I think I would like to be the girl next door. LOL Xena Warrior Princes would be great too.

Hugs, Liara

I would love to go out as a Flapper girl with a tall sexy man in a Zoot suit dancing all night to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Leslie
        Lady

I have to agree on the flapper girl, I have quite fallen in love with the clothes that “Miss Fisher” wears in the series “Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries”. All the beaded dresses to die for. And the one that she is wearing at the start of the “Christmas in July” episode the long gray coat with the fur trim and the matching hat. I dream of that being me!

But then I have no place to go, so it is just that a dream.

Hugs,

Leslie

I’ve got a couple of choices, as long as we are going full Hollywood makeover:

1).  Floor Jansen from Nightwish or Xena, Warrior Princess.  I could force myself to wear some of that leather.

Or

2).  One of Talouse LA Trecs dance hall girls.  Those French Fishnets would catch any man.

Anonymous

Paula..

” I could force myself to wear some of that leather”…😂😂.    xx

Without a doubt, Lara Croft.   I would get to pack heat (side arms that is), short shorts, and look like an adventurer, that would be cool.

Wonder Woman would be next, either Lynda Carter’s or Gal Gadot’s version, both are spot on and look fantastic.

My last choice would be a top female ceo in a snazzy yet professional looking skirt/suit ensemble.

Anonymous

OOh! Linda, please! That waist……….

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Oh for the waist could always wear a corset underneath. The one Lara croft liked was the ending of the first one. all dressed up in the gown then end takes her pistols and aims them.

Hi Connie as so many choices to be pretty but my choice to be if could go out would be Cher as Half breed the indian queen such a pretty lady and that head dress was stunning ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

I had to Google that – wow! One sexy lady.

Connie

xxx

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror!!!

I would have to go as Missy from Dr Who, or River Song.

Paula

Anonymous

I loved Missy!  A sort of twisted Mary Poppins……..

Connie

xxx

I’m going as a sexy pirate wench this year. No particular reason just trying new things.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I would love to go as Renée Zellweger as Roxie Hart, in Chicago

Anonymous

That sounds lovely!

Revel
      Baroness

Hi Connie,

I’m a huge fan of 7 of 9 (before Picard) and I would love to dress as her! I’m a tall girl with a slim figure, but I’m a natural brunette so I would need a blonde wig. Hee-hee. I plan on dressing up as a Devil Girl, or a Cat. I love both those costumes. Have a Happy Halloween!

Rev

Anonymous

Good luck with that catsuit!

Connie

xxx

Revel
          Baroness

Thanks Connie. It’s not a catsuit like Catwoman wears, it’s just a black velvet dress with black velvet cat ears. I have a picture of me wearing it in my private photo gallery in the “Halloween Costumes” section.

Rev

Nancy
      Lady

I would go as a better version of who I want to be anyway, Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman. She is such a strong female role model, a pure, good character, not to mention gorgeous. I actually got a WW84 dress costume, which I’m testing my sewing skills trying to modify it a bit.

So, definitely Wonder Woman. Although, @wendyswift, the Lara Croft idea is very, very appealing as well. But, I certainly don’t have the flat tummy for an open mid section costume.

Happy Halloween!

Birel

Well, I’m finely going to realize my dirndl dream…sort of. I learned just a day or two ago a local microbrewery is throwing a Halloween party, and attendees who dress in a beer-related costume get a free pint. Wear a tight busty dress AND free beer? YES, PLEASE!

I rummaged through my wardrobe and found an white embroidered peasant blouse with puffy and gathered sleeves, and a sleeveless pink midi dress with eyeletted embroidery. The dress has a V-neck unfortunately. I’d rather it be open up in front to expose the blouse more, but needs must. Though I can turn the collar into more of a sweetheart shape by tying ribbons around the fronts of the shoulder straps.

The one remaining detail is the apron. If I can’t convince my oh so tolerant wife to sew something up for me, perhaps I can pick something up at a kitchen supply store and tack some polyester lace to it. I just need to remember to tie the apron with a bow on the right side. This lucky beer wench is spoken for.

I have to admit, I’m giddy at the prospect!

Anonymous

That sounds interesting! And the dress does too.

Connie

xxx

Currently, my plan is to dress up as the icy DC Villain Killer Frost. This won’t be based on any particular version, just my own visual take on the character.

But if I did have access to Hollywood prosthetics, costume materials, and makeup, I’d go as Toa Gali from Bionicle year one (whom I happen to have as the background on my page). I’ve been a Bionicle fan since it first came out in 2001, and Gali is a strong warroir who can be just as merciful or as powerful as the sea.

Another one I would do is Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn. She’s such an independent character who never lost sight of her goal and ended up saving her world in the process.

Anonymous

I’m afraid I had to Google all of that! (old!)

Have fun whatever you choose.

Connie

xxx

I would narrow it down to either Tippi Hedron as she appeared in Hitchcock’s “The Birds” because of her very smart dress she wore, and I imagine pretty foundations underneath her dress, or as Velma from Scooby Doo. Call me crazy, but I’d dress as either character.

Kay👩🏻‍🦳💋

Anonymous

Hmmm – 60’s chic. Nice. I’m with you on the shapewear too.

Connie

xxx

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

For reasons I will spare you from I decided to dress up as Harley Quin and enter that as a submission to a contest we have at work.
      Did also post pics here at CDH

/kt

Anonymous

If you can rock those hot pants, you go, girl!

Connie

xxx

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I did get a chance to go to a Halloween party this year, and it is on this coming Sat night. After a great deal of thought I decided on Cleopatra, she embodies legendary beauty and sex appeal which has endured through the ages.

Who knows if she really looked like that, and how she is portrayed in modern times, but that doesn’t matter so much I think.

If only I had access to pro grade makeup skills! I am trying for a look similar to the one Liz Taylor had in the film, and have done a trial run and it’s not too bad, so hopefully I can pull it off Sat night!

The event is GNO, and at a large hotel and I’ve booked a room, so I will be able to get changed after dinner and do my makeup then go down to the party.

Amy

Anonymous

Good luck! Knock ’em dead.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

I like “I used to be Snow White, but I drifted”

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

“When I’m good, I’m very good. But when I’m bad I’m better.”

Anonymous

Fantastic idea, Bobbisue; but the young crowd, who doesn’t know Mae, would probably mistake you for Dolly Parton.

Hugs,
      Lulu

Anonymous

lol, beat me to it Connie, She was some woman!

Marti xxx

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?