Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Audrey W
      Lady

I absolutely will not leave my house without a handbag.  Years ago my lovely wife purchased one for me (actually all my bags are gifts from her at some point)  and having a handbag is now an essential part of who I am.  I hate putting anything in my pockets. I never understood why some people complained that women’s jeans and slacks basically don’t have functional pockets. I work very hard on my figure and jamming something into my jeans/pants pockets is a non starter for me. My wife likes to see her hubbies booty!  Even before I ever cross dressed in public, I hated putting things in my pockets.  I feel so guilty now for ever asking prior girlfriends and my now wife to carry my wallet and other small things for me. My favorite is a black Michael Kors large Sienna shoulder bag.

I carry mine unabashedly into the mall, restaurants and basically anywhere I go. Since I started carrying my own bag its definitely sparked  a few comments here and there mostly from women who have made comments in the nature of how nice it was of me to be carrying or holding my wife’s bag for her.  I only underdress/ stealth dress so its very understandable I suppose to get these types of comments. My lovely wife on more than one occasion has smiled and said something to the effect that it wasn’t hers and she had purchased it for me herself.  She’s my biggest supporter and defender.

Does anyone else carry a bag daily? If you dress fully will you carry one underdressed or in drab?

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I don’t underdress but only dress fully when out & about and I always use a cross body bag. I would not use one on those on the few occasions I am out in drab.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Both my wife & I own several dozen purses a.k.a. hand bags.   After all, a girl has to match her purse to her outfit!

I carry a purse only when I am cross dressed.

IMHO, one of the best sources for purses is Goodwill stores.  They fumigate their purses before putting them out on the sales floor.  Nevertheless, when I purchase a GW purse, I do some local “disinfecting” at home too, usually using Lysol or another good germicide.

Hi Audrey
      I love them I am 1950’s style girl so the handbag has to be right, it would be a crime for a girl not to carry one.
      Sarah xx

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a love/hate with purses.

They carry everything I need and then some.  They look great and compliment my outfit.

But I have to constantly be vigilant they don’t get picked or stolen.  In crowded spaces this is a real problem.  And I can’t have both hands free.

My solution for when I can travel light is a festival belt.  It’s worn like a fanny pack but has smaller pouches for essentials.  It’s way more stylish than a fanny pack.  And it’s almost impossible to steal since it’s firmly secured around my hips.  I bought mine on Etsy.

/EA

Emily,
        I haven’t been out a whole lot with a purse but Im absent minded and Im afraid I will leave it somewhere.I guess thats why I prefer a shoulder Bag.LOl
        Hugs Patty

I never ever leave home without one. They are a part of being a girl.

I have only recently started to look at handbags.  I spotted one on Poshmark with what I thought was a reasonable price today but since I don’t venture out dressed, it seems like a waste of money.  It may be a conversation I have with my wife. I could see what style I would really like by trying one of hers.

I have three purses and one handbag. The handbag gets the lion’s share of the work, it’s a genuine Guess red leather shoulder bag, and gets used almost every day as it is what I haul everything to work and back.
      I get compliments on it all the time and didn’t have to spend a fortune on it as I bought it at a thrift shop. I was looking for a handbag, spotted this one as a girl was looking at it. She put it down and picked up another so I didn’t hesitate, grabbed it and it was mine! I looked online and found it would have been over $150 new, I only paid $40, gotta love thrift stores.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Peta Mari
      Lady

My wife and I live offgrid on a farm in the Australian outback.

I use a handbag / sling purse for my ammunition / hunting bag.

I love a good handbag! Though, I don’t carry one, en homme.

Men are now carrying bags it is a bit of a status symbol. LVT Burberry Christian Dior. Made for men

Cathryn
      Lady

So what’s the difference between a purse and a hand bag? Size?

Purses are handbags are the same.  They are simply different names for the same thing.  From my observation, handbag is more of an European use whereas purse is more of an American use.

According to what my girlfriends tell me, a handbag is usually much larger than a purse. I use mine every day to go to work, it fits an extra pair of shoes, my lunch, makeup kit, wallet, hairbrush, iPhone, keys, pens, feminine pads, and assorted paperwork. None of my shoulder strap purses will carry much more than my wallet, hairbrush and makeup kit.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Wow Lauren Thats one big purse Girlfriend.LOl
          Hugs Patty

I’ve only used a purse one time in public that my wife loaned me.  I have, however, used man bags on occassion.  They are basically purses for men, a very popular accesory for men in Europe.  I use mine when I am dressed in sweatpants or board shorts in the summer.  Also, there are times I have to carry things that won’t fit in my pockets and I use them.  One is a shoulder bag, the other is a waist bag.  My wife does have a crossbody purse and offered one of them for me to use.  I tried it but it didn’t work for me.

XOXO
      Suzanne

My ideal is a mixture of pockets and a handbag.

I wish I could get away with having a handbag in guy mode. It would help offload some of the things I carry. But I still like having pockets for a few essentials such as keys or phone.

When I’m out taking a walk in girl mode, if it’s warmer weather I’ll wear a fanny pack to hold my camera and phone. In the colder weather I’ll just put it in the coat pocket, which is also good to keep your hands warm if it’s too warm for gloves and too cold for bare hands. I also like pockets on quick shopping trips to hold membership and credit cards rather than having to dig into my handbag for them in my wallet. I’ll have the handbag with me, but the quick access is a nice convenience. If I don’t have pockets I’ll use one of the front pockets in the handbag.

I’m so used to going out with keys and a wallet in my pocket that it feels funny (like I’m missing something) when I just have everything in my handbag. I’m also concerned because the handbag contains everything: wallet with drivers license and credit cards, car and house keys, and phone which is not only a communication device. For some, the phone is a digital wallet, remote starter for the car, or controls things in the home.

My other handbag worries is that it gets caught in my wig, particularly taking it off and putting it on my shoulder (whether same side or cross body). Sure you can lift the hair up but it tends to pull the wig up as well meaning I have to try to readjust it without it being obvious.

I can’t say that I love them, but I don’t hate them either.

I have used and carried a women’s wallet for several years.  I started doing so for the size and organizational convience.  I found men’s wallet never allowed me to carry anything more than my primary ID, primary credit cards, and cash.  Additional IDs (medical card, etc), other cards, and coins were impossible for in a men’s wallet.   Given the size of my current wallet, it does not fit in standard pockets, which can make carrying it difficult, though it does fit comfortably in the cargo pockets and sweatshirt pockets.  That being said, I have found that I do like to carry my purse when possible.  I do not carry it when out with my wife, family, and friends who are unaware of my clothing preferences.  Besides my wallet, I have found that carrying my purse has other benefits including volume for carrying other objects.  Given my size (I am over 6 foot and built like a bear.), it took awhile for me to find a purse that was appropriately sized for me.  Most purse, even oversized handbags, just looked minature incomparison to me.   I did find an all leather bag from Duluth that I absolutely love.  I was slow to pull the trigger on its purchase do to cost, (it remains the most expensive feminine item that I have purchased), but I do not regret the decision now that I have.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Audrey W
        Lady

If we’re going out to dinner or somewhere where I won’t need everything in my handbag I too use a women’s wrist wallet.  It holds my ID, credit cards and cell phone. I just slip my hand through the strap and carry it like a clutch.  I still take my handbag, but I just leave it locked in the car.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

When dressed I always have a handbag/purse. I think that I have about 7 or 8. Nothing too exotic, mostly just your basic colors and style. There is just no other place to keep the things I need with me when dressed.

To me its another necessary component of being feminine. I just love carrying it.

Cindi C
      Lady

A purse makes life so much easier.  Don’t leave home without it, usually

Anonymous
      Lady

I have several handbags and a couple clutch purses but don’t use them except when dressed. I think its so feminine to have a handbag hanging from your arm. When you have your ID and money in your purse or bag it makes you really think about where you place it and who is around. Thats an issue GG’s have always dealt with forever and the reason some carry money in their bras or underwear in case of emergencies. I found all my bags at thrift stores. One is a large leather bag I love that can carry heels and lots of other stuff too.

Dayna
      Lady

I believe a girl has to have a handbag of some kind

I carry a hair brush, lip stick, I only use 1 card and the cash I carry is limited

I leave my wallet in the truck. when I’m guy mode I carry a purse aka shoulder bag what ever bag I’m carrying it is always just big enough to carry personal protection items something I do daily,

I always disliked putting things in my pockets so uncomfortable ..

So whatever I’m wearing I’ve got a purse with me with my personal items that every girl needs and then drab mode I carry a purse with my personal items that every guy will need..

I gave up using pockets years ago for obvious reasons. Even in male mode I have a bag over the shoulder with wallet ,reading glasses ,sun glass, keys ,phone ,tissues ,and god knows. It is second nature to carry a purse for me and while en femme I use shoulder purses of a large nature more for utility than fashion for all my girlie things.

Anonymous

I have about 10 bags. They were the “last frontier” when it came to accessories, since a good bag can be pricey… But will always carry one if out presenting as a woman.

The other parte of your question, no, I don’t carry one in my everyday life.

I always carry a purse with me almost 24/7/365 and it is always a women’s style purse like a Coach or Dooney and Burke. I always carry my iPhone, women’s wallet, iPhone charger, spare pair of nylon knee highs, a pen, mechanical pencil, small bottle of Obsession by Calvin Klein, and OPI Big Apple Red nail polish for my pedicures. I’m sure I have a lot of other stuff in there buried at the bottom.

Jamie

I carry a purse whenever i leave the house. I never put anything in pockets. I have about 15 different purses and handbags.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I only use a handbag when in full Caty mode, which sadly is only 2-3 times a year.

Other times, “MMM”, (aka mere male me), just has, (old flip!!) phone keys and wallet in my jeans/ shorts pockets

Caty.

Becka
      Lady

I love them! Have a few and want a few more! Love clutches too, and have a couple of those but again need more!

Hugs and Kisses,
      Becka!

I like you dont like tobcarryvthings in my pockets. When I go out I like to carry a simple bag or clutch to keep my wallet and keys in. I once dressed up with a girlfriend of minevtobgo to a club and ahe handed me a little purse and told me I must carry a purse in the club to keep things with me. I would carryva small nondescriptive purse in drab or underdress.

XOXXO
      LESLEE/LESLIE

I carry a purse dressed drab or femme. I started carrying one because I said to myself one day, “Why should women have all the fun?!” Now, I rummage happily tbrough all the stuff in there, looking for my lipstick, etc.
      Kisses,
      Fredrika Jones

Julie
      Lady

Here’s my take sweetie. If I’m going to a water park, the beach, the pool and the hot tub I will carry a Women’s Graphic Canvas Tote Beach Bag dimensions 16″ x 14″. It fits what I need no problem except for a beach towel. She is a tight fit hun. If I’m out to eat or to shop or to attend a medical place or it’s a pit stop to a friends house or to a family members house. I will bring my Eiffel Tower Ladies Crossbody Mini Messenger Bag with adjustable straps honey. It fits everything but my Nintendo Switch stuff girl friend. If I’m away on vacation. I will bring both the beach bag and the purse I mentioned. I will also bring what ever fancy purse’s I need out of my purse collection ladies. My other beach bags just have differnt graphics so I’ll leave them home. So at the end of the day I prefer a purse but when it comes to water scenarios. I will use a beach bag instead. Because I do not need everything from my purse sister and the beach bag is meant to get wet like a swim suit hun. That is my take chicky.

Hi Audra,
      Looks like Im a little late to this one.

At first a purse was of no interest to me even though I was Loving every item of femininity.
      When I decided to go out in public I knew I would need a purse so I bought a couple off of Poshmark.

Little did I know how much more feminine I felt carrying a purse.
      It is so wonderful.I love it.
      Now I don’t wear one in drab mode as Im pretty much still in the closet but I so love purses now.

Thank you for sharing your story and such a great topic.
      Huggs Patty

Cece X
      Lady

On a recent solo vacation to Italy, my girlfriend took the time to buy me a beautiful hand-crafted leather “murse.” It was a lovely gift, but having to carry anything all the time when we are out seemed to me like a ball and chain. A week later, she gave the unused “murse” to her daughter.
      I agree with my girlfriend that having four protruding pants pockets is unflattering. Nevertheless, I am not yet favoring the idea of carrying my personal belongings externally. I probably should rethink this down the road.

Katrina
      Lady

Oh I most definitely do. It started with a small bag my wife bought for me to take on a trip and haven’t left home without it. I have even emptied my other wallet into a nice more feminine wallet and pnow carry that all times too. But, almost as nice as carrying my bag is shopping for a new one!!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?