• This topic has 39 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello and best wishes to all the Scottish Lasses, be you living north of the border….or wherever in this mad world….have a wonderful Burns Night……I have actually caught a haggis….and I’m going to be giving it a try!!!…so i will raise a glass to you all….

SLÀINTE MHATH

Anonymous

Question….

If there is more than one Haggis….do you call them Haggi ??

Quick joke…..

What is the difference between a Scottish sheep farmer and a Rolling Stones song?

One says, ‘Hey you, get off of my cloud!”, and the other says, ‘Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe!’

…heading for the corner, Grace xx

Anonymous

I’m just a wee sasanac i hope that’s how you spell it x

Anyway Happy Burns Night, i shall have to go and see if i can lasso a haggis, lol x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning Grace, very enjoyable thread.  There were a few Scottish words I didn’t understand so I went to my trusty Google translator.   I put in Scottish to English and Google came back to me with “Huh???”  And just so you know, I did catch a haggis once, right here in Alberta Canada (it must have snuck into our province in the luggage of an oil worker from Nova Scotia) I ate it while my SO was making disturbing faces at me. She wouldn’t even try it.  Stay healthy, All the very Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Don’t worry Krista, it’s not just you….we have had to put a Scottish/English dictionary in the naughty corner…..it’s the only way we know if she is swearing at us!!!…..Nova Scotian Haggis…..doesn’t that sound exotic!!!

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

My grandmother was a Cameron and her ancestors came from the “Highlands” of Inverness, Scotland. So to you Grace and any other Scotsman and Lass Slàinte Mhath. 

Kathleen

Anonymous

Thanks Kathleen..

I’m English through and through….I just seem to know a lot of ” noisy neighbours” who are whisky garglers….and I bet Steph knows the Cameron’s…she knows everybody!!!

Smiles, grace xxx

Anonymous

Grace  I am also English too. You don’t have to be Scottish for the greeting it simply means “Good Health“. as I’m sure you know.

Kathleen

Anonymous

Well in that case…..

cheers honey!!! 🍷🍷…I am an honourary Scot for the night….. xx

Anonymous

XOXOXO

Kathleen
      Duchess

Good health to you as well sweetie

Anonymous

OMG….

Just had my first haggis….well three quarters of one….if you have never tried it, please do, but try it first to see if you like it….before you read it’s ingredients…I had mine with “neeps, tatties and gravy”, and a wee dram

as recommended by Stephanie P…

delicious, but I do now feel I’m carrying twins….

Quick ” burns night joke”

Man lost in Edinburgh says to a policeman, “Excuse me is there a B&Q in Leith?”

Policeman replies, “No sir, but there are two Ds and two Es in Dundee.”

( B&Q stores sell homewares etc)

I will need an antacid grace xxxx

I had haggis a few times many years ago. I liked it. They’re out of season here in North Carolina so maybe another time

Patti 🥰

Anonymous

haha! Thanks, Grace! I’m actually on my way out in a little tartan skirt! 😉

x Kvc x

Anonymous

I hope you have something on underneath young lady!!!!!……(it’s cold out there)

Grace xx

Well, this lass is one-quarter Scottish (Lawson) and one-quarter English, along with the Italian and Swiss thrown in. American Mutt!

Anonymous

Wow Marisa

You should be celebrating something every week !!!!

Happy quarter Burns night!!!! xx

Hi Gracie – I think I almost ran over a Haggis once driving at night in Wyoming . . .

JK!

Mikey

Anonymous

Wow….they do get about don’t they!!!…

Hi Grace,

Happy Burns Night!

Alice

Hi Grace, glad it went down well, we eat haggis on a regular basis ,so tonight we had a tasty prawn salad with, boiled egg, 3 kinds of peppers, sweet onions, lettuce, baby vine tomatoes ,mushrooms, olives, radish, pineapple and hot crusty bread followed by ice cream. Py Mc Naughty. xx.

Hurt my arm last night. It was still sore this morning, ended up in hospital for an X-ray.

The man waiting beside me said ‘Fair fae yer honest sonsieface! Great chieftain o’the puddin race!!!’

I turned perplexed to the woman at the other side of me, she said:

’Wee, sleekit, tim’rous, cow’rin beastie, O’ what a panic’s in thy breastie!’

WTF!!!

I asked a passing nurse’Is this the psychiatric Unit?’

He said ‘No it’s the Burns Unit’

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

Laugh out loud…haha xxx

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

Happy belated Burns night!

We must be some of the few Scots that don’t like Haggis 🤣🤣 and Penny didn’t get round to having a wee dram but I’m sure she will make up for it later …… Especially with her Rabbie Burns Whisky from Arran!

Anonymous

Hi Mandy

No haggis….gosh, I can see the steam coming from the chimneys at Castle plumb, as I type…haha

hope Penny enjoys her dram….

a place i used to work had a special wooden tray of six special whiskeys…which we got to taste!!!…I remember Oban, Talisker and Lagavulin….I also remember being surprised by how different they all tasted….huggs, grace x

Mandy Wife
          Baroness

Yes, whisky can be so different – Penny doesn’t like the peaty / smokey ones and did a whisky tasting session at the Arran Distillery a few years ago (well, in drab mode as Penny wasn’t born then!) And it was a real eye opener as to the tastes and also what adding just a tiny bit of water can do and how it changes the flavour.

Dare o say, I also can’t stand bagpipes – and yes, I’m 100% Scottish!

Anonymous

100% agree on the ” strangled cat”….haha xx

Anonymous

Well at least a cat being strangled is in tune Grace. “Just joking Stephanie”

Please note I have obviously not attempted to strangle a cat my self, but the one that seems to like screaming outside my bedroom window at night may drive me to it.

Stevie65
      Lady

With a certain “group” the Haggis is piped in and a speel about it and R.B. is toasted to. Mmmmmmmm hagis.

Stevie

Hi Janet, i am sending this TM ,on the TQ, because i am worried about privacy with my MP. Oh, my goodness Frances ! what a worry it has been, but thankfully ” Simone” has very kindly accepted my apology. She has laid down her bagpipes and deflated her Claymore.      Sadie!  i was so worried about the Claymore, two of them flew over the house last Sunday and nearly took the top off the plum tree. I am feeling quite fatigued tonight! well Liz , Sandra had her Clan , saddled and ready for battle. Unfortunately for me ,my horses have been franchised out to Police Scotland, for street clearing purposes and my small but capable army had been furloughed. Well hell! Katie i had to take all the Highland cattle that i borrowed ,back to the Edinburgh woollen mill on my own and i am just back. Sheila ,i was advised today to seek a second opinion on my small head wound. Fortunately i was able to get an appointment with the same Doctor. He is semi retired and works at the local Abattoir just down the road. He actually said Glenda, much the same as the last doctor, that my ammunition is going to take a few weeks to regret. Rubbing the milk of amerusso on my elbow ,does not seem to be helping my head injury. I must be patient, but it’s a lovely smell. Jan ,due to the fact that CDH is based in America and , as i said last night i desperately require this to remain private, so i have waited till it was dark before sending. Stay safe  love Carol xx. SP Moira , I think Suzy and i ,over the next 4 or 5 yrs may be able to form a little friendship .( Small Steps.)

Anonymous

Py… hilarious…in fact, very hilarious…

now I have sent two nice ladies in white coats around, don’t be afraid, they are there to help. Although the new pyjamas they are bringing you, tie up behind your back, I’m told they are comfortable…tell Mrs Py they will be gentle…I believe they are also  bringing some amaretto and elbow grease for your sore head….ALL the girls send their love….I’m trying to convert this message to braille as it’s personal…all my love you little donkey sausage….

Moira xxx

Anonymous

Ye need na funcy preparation, jist neeps and tatties for decoration”.

…..sounds good to me !!!

Anonymous

Look out Py…

Bonnie princess Steph is revolting!!!!…..( think before you answer that )…just tell her straight..

….dinna be coorse or A’ll skelp yer dowp !!

Anonymous

Wow….so glad you said that today…and not before I ate the haggis…he didn’t taste phlegmmy????

I think the phlegmy thing is only applicable in Wyoming and other high altitude sheep environs . . .

And yes, I was surprised to see one so far afield!  Luckily I missed it.  I understand the splatter can do a job on vehicle paint!

Mikey

Anonymous

Lamb wellington for me, just have to get the boot of the first.

Hi Margaret, how are you keeping . I intended to send a MP to you a few days ago to say hello.                                                                                                                                                     I  have decided this evening Janice to send you a PM because it seems Baroness Stephanie has got her dander up and she has also ,hoisted her Claymore. It appears  Joyce, that i had a prawn salad, when i should have had, Haggis Neeps and Pheasant .Well here lies the problem Lucy, i slipped on the ice and banged my head and it has been terribly painful. I visited the doctor this morning ,and a few tests later ! it was confirmed, that i had “Ammonia”, but Jenny! they were very kind and gave me cream to rub on my elbow ,and said it would make it better.                                                                                                                            So here is the question Jill! do you think if i sent this PMT to Steptoe that she would possibly accept this as an apology,                              The doctor  said if the cream doesn’t work i may end up ambisonic  for the rest of my life. Hope you are keeping well Morag and please stay safe. Due to the fact that CDH is based in America ,and i desperately require this to remain private, i have waited till it was dark before i sent it. I wait Claire! in anticipation  for your guidance on this matter. Love Maisy. xx

Anonymous

Guidance!!!….I need guidance, I can hardly see, hahaha…..typical grace, I was thumbing up and down the thread looking for bloody Margaret!!!!…haha….for your ammonia, try a teaspoon of milk of amnesia…

Py…you mad woman !!!!…

Lots of smiles, joyce xx

ps…..please don’t send me a politician….can’t stand them!!

Anonymous

PY my sweetie, how many time have I told you not to wear your bavaclava out side that your sister – in-law knitted, because she knitting them back to front, know wonder you slipped up sweetie, buy I hope you are OK my darling, lv Amanda xx

Anonymous

Wondering if any were into tucking?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?