Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have read a number of posts by members who would love to fill the housewife role in their marriage and would be happy to do all the household chores in fem mode.  This doesn’t seem to be attractive to most wives which surprises me.  I would think a lot of women would have the attitude that you can wear whatever you like while you are doing the housework.  Even to the point of “honey, why don’t you put on something pretty for me and do the laundry and ironing today.”

Why do you think this type of arrangement is not desirable for most women?  Some SO input here would be welcome.

Thanks,

Michelle

Maybe it’s a simple as they’re in a relationship with a man, not a woman, and what will her friends, family, and neighbors say? “Your husband stays at home and dresses in women’s clothing and does housework? What are you people?!? Some kind of freaks? Perverts?” It May be tough for us to come out to our SO’s, but it must also be tough for them in some cases to admit their part in such an unconventional relationship. We all have lines we simply won’t cross, and for a lot of women, this may be one of them. Just my thoughts.

Jill

Anonymous

Oh to know what goes on behind normal people’s closed doors.  One might find crossdressing a bit tame.

Hi Michelle as this is just one more femme thing i like to do its in my heart to be the other lady in the house as wife thinks there are two of me and one of her so i get two thirds of the house chores.. And wife sees that it makes me happy to help her do things as Stephanie she is super and supportive so easier on her with things as we are both getting older and sometimes a maid is a lot of help to her and she looks super cute doing it he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Elaine
      Duchess

I use the ‘house keeper’ rationale for dressing en femme.  I do all the domestic things – cooking, cleaning, laundry, dusting en femme whenever I can, whether wife is home or not.  She seems to respond more positively if I am working on the house rather than just sitting around.

Anonymous

I suspect that some partners, understandably, object to any presentation or behavior by their spouse that diminishes the apparent masculinity of their SO. Some even feel themselves in some way less of a woman, if their partner engages in cross dressing.

Anonymous

I didn’t know chores had a gender,

I agree that chores don’t have a gender and wouldn’t be a wonderful world if everyone felt the same way about clothing.

Peta Mari
      Lady

We have a 50/ 50 house chore rule. I make the mess. My wife cleans.

***joke.***

We do things according to our strengths. The one chore I always do is empty the toilet bucket. ( we use a compost toilet.) Not exactly a job to dress up for.

I’ve commented before that my gf gets irritated with me wearing a dress doing housework however I will vacuum, dust etc wearing men’s clothing occasionally. Recently we were on vacation in Mexico where housekeeping women wear dark blue skorts and a grey blouse. I asked her if an outfit like that would be more appropriate for my cleaning. She just shook her head and said no. I also have a maids outfit I offered to wear but that didn’t go over any better. Oh well

Cath N.
      Baroness

Chores and responsibility do not have gender or a dresscode. If they did, does it mean that I don’t have to do any on the days that I wear trousers? Or that I should ask for some sort of reward for doing what must be done? Maybe cleaning the toilet should come with an all-expenses paid cruise around the Med. But it doesn’t, and it still needs to be cleaned.

The point you are missing is a crossdresser “offering” to do something that he should be doing anyway might sound like a negotiation between parent and child, when the parent is setting up a chore chart. Already have one of those, don’t want another.

To me personally, it’s an anachronistic visual and a sexist pov. I do not look kindly on either. Both need to do chores equally and expect no other reward other than a clean house to chill in at the end of the day.

I think some of what may be getting lost in Michelle’s post is that the offer being contemplated is doing ALL of the chores in exchange for being dressed.  And probably also doing them well and going above and beyond.  I think that’s a reasonable offer to make if your SO is on the fence or needs more of a tangible reason to accept.  It won’t work for all SOs, as some will never accept, but I think it’s worth a try.

For me, this is an ironic subject.  I dressed once or twice to do housework and my wife realized how much it helped me stay on task and get enormous amounts done.   So when we agreed I would stay home, she was the one who insisted I dress as a requirement.  We aren’t typical, and this is bound up in our  FLR.  She enjoys the power of all of it, and the visual of me ironing or dusting in my dress and heels is very much part of that power.  Sure, it’s based on the power imbalance of a bygone era, but it works for us and the exchange of that power is what makes it exciting.  I love my wife and I’m glad she is getting that.  I wish more women could experience what she does.

Now retired been helping doing house shores I told her I would do even better if dress and she said what if next door neighbor comes to ask us for some kitchen items I’m most the one to open door so sometimes I washing dishes even I always looking at outside curtains semi closed If I missed someone coming and knocking and I have no chance to hide (but at the same time wanting to somebody even my neighbor see all dressed) I think one time I wrote a time wife was not home had like four hours to myself I open patio door and she saw me but has never mentioned besides I been trying to have a talk but don’t know if I will open a new problem with my wife we been neighbors for over two decades I’m always the handyman when she and her sister needs our help she doesn’t drive but her sister and sometimes I offer to go grocery time ( now that I’m the desígnate shoppers)she sometimes goes walking to do her nails only once went to give her ride back her sister asked me but had not very much time to tell her about that “time” and if I could tell her about my Xdressing but we haven’t had a chance and I just which maybe she’s approve of my dressing and help me tell my wife well let’s see what happens happy dressing Auroras Livingfem

Morning ladies, I wouldn’t say I’m the house wife but I do a lot of the chores around the house.  I’ve always helped out with house work and since coming out to my wife at times she will ask if Ashley could clean the house and has no problem with me dressed at anytime. It’s a win win for me as I enjoy doing any of the chores while dressed femme so much more. I’ve made many meals fully dressed , done all the laundry, cleaned the house. In our case it isn’t a trade off as I did a lot before she knew I was a crossdresser but rather a way of me enjoying it more. I think that some SO’s who don’t except it , don’t change there mine even if it does mean taking on the house work.

Alice Black
      Duchess

My wife is disabled so I wind up doing almost all the household chores. I do them in normal drab male outfit. My fem play time is earlier in day as she sleeps late.

Alice

Well i do most of the household chores in our house and my wife does all the cooking, I do the washing up and the laundry and i do the house cleaning, I sometimes wish i could do it dressed up in my best dress 👗, but I’m in the closet so i can’t, my wife has an allergi to dust so can’t do the dusting so when I’m cleaning one room she has to go in another room till I’ve finished, I’ve suggested that she goes on vacation for a week and then i can do the whole house 🏠 if she did i could dress up while i worked X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Hi Michelle
      I believe some of our SO’s view it as a challenge or threat to their position, so they become very defensive and protective. I do think those SO’s who are accepting of us seem to be quite
      calm about it, I also think that some SO’s don’t wish to be or seen as the bread winner.
      Love Sarah
      xx

Michelle –

My wife and I share household chores, we both do laundry, vacuum, dust, cook, clean the kitchen, mow the lawn and other household chores inside and out.  I am the one who does the baking and she does the sewing.  When I am home alone I will dress to do housework as my wife doesn’t want to see me dressed.  When I have that opportunity I will change the sheets on the bed and do Suzanne’s laundry.  I do enjoy having the time to do that.  I do wish she was able to let me dress in her presence, hopefully at some point that will happen as her acceptance and tolerance has increased over time.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?