Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Steffanie
      Baroness

Hi everyone. Some issues come to mind when thinking about traveling by air in the USA or out of the country while dressed pretty. One being the photo ID not matching the person boarding the plane. Some large airports still verify who you are by using your drivers license or passport. Also if the breast forms get found out in the xray scan they could be larger than the liquid size that is allowed through the check point. I imagine a lot of women use an underwire bra when traveling but if one of us were to do that it may call undue attention to what is there. So, I was wondering if anyone had flown from one State to another while dressed pretty or to another country, and what, if any, issues developed and is there some advice we could follow? I work at a large airport and was wondering about this for travel this summer. I’ll be asking TSA about this soon. So I could report back as well. Thank you for your help girls.

Pattie
      Lady

I haven’t done it but would be fascinating to see the look on the TSA person’s face. Discrimination is against the law 😛

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=45297]I haven’t done it but would be fascinating to see the look on the TSA person’s face. Discrimination is against the law 😛 [/quote]

I’ll preface this with a pretty typical disclaimer of “I am not a lawyer” and so forth. That said… Discrimination is against the law, but only if it’s discriminating against a “protected” class. I can’t recall off-hand is gender identity is a protected class at the Federal level or not. My first thought is that it’s not, but I certainly could be mis-remembering.

For state-level issues, it will depend on the laws of that state, of course. But air travel (and train for that matter) is handled under federal law, so state laws won’t come into play – so if Federal law doesn’t protect gender identity, it won’t matter if you’re flying to or from a state that does offer such protection.

As I understand it, travelling in a “disguise” (aka Cross-dressing) is prohibited. Travelling as a trans-gendered person is NOT prohibited, and most transgendered people go through a name and ID change, so that their ID picture reflects what the look like daily.

Stephanie,

Here’s a website that might provide some info for you:

http://kimberlyhuddle.blogspot.com/

She travels around the US, including by air.

Any discrepency in you real self and what your Passport/drivers license says…….you are going on a fast trip to  the security office and no plane ride for you. The only problems I can see with breast forms is if they are liquid forms from the past. Don’t thinks firm silicon ones are an issue. Don’t know about USA but so far…Canada is ok with most stuff if in checked baggage. Make sure you declare yourself as cross dresser male if male ID is used.

Lady Veronica Graunwolf

Seleena
      Lady

I’ve flown within the US and had no issues. But there’s no need to tell security who/what you are. As Lady Veronica mentioned, just ensure that the identity on your ID matches you travel documents.  No matter what you look like, you won’t fly if there’s a mismatch.

I’ve heard of others always being sent for secondary screening but that’s never happened to me, in my limited experience.

I’ve never flown across international borders in girl mode though.  I use my ‘trusted traveler’ ID thingy for that instead of a passport and believe that keeping it easy for them to expedite me is in my best interest.

But I always try to do what’s best for everyone (including myself).  I’m not out to prove a point and don’t get ‘excited’ by girl mode in public so if departure or arrival timing calls for girl, then girl it is … otherwise, guy mode is probably simpler.

Now airplanes are confined spaces and seat row ‘partners’ may not be comfortable with you if they ‘make’ you, so that’s something to think about.

Generally speaking, please don’t think about whether discrimination is illegal or not while deciding how to behave.  As they’re about to hurt you or make your life hell, it’s irrelevant. Be safe!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?