Has crosssdressing turn you into a compulsive shopper?

Compulsive shopping

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Lily-Rose Nielsen
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 2, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 110

Hi

I have to admit to being a compulsive shopper. Since I’ve never i my whole life been interested in male clothing. My male “wardrobe”  is really really drab. And since I’ve found Bubbleroom.se I tend to buy a lot more than I can afford. They only sell woman’s clothing. And I’m am a too recurring costumer then I actually can afford, but… And if anybody remembers from the chat in early November I said my goal is to slip into a dress size US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42, I’m wearing it now! I started at US 20W / UK 24 / EU 50 (+kr. 92) . And I still am loosing weight. I have that fat above my belly bottom that I want to get rid of, now that’s my goal. What I want to say is that according to my experience it’s easier to find nice clothing if you are US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42 or lower. And before the gastric bypass I was in the size way too large for someone my length, I’m only 5’3.

Lots of Hugs
      Lily-Rose

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Robin Girly
      Lady
      Registered On: March 29, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 123

I love to shop.I’m always looking online at cloths.But I shop in person.Love going to the shops for cloths.Wish they had more shoes in my size.I only have 2,pairs of heels 2 flats and one booties and 1 sandals.I have at least 30 pairs of panties.I have dresses blouses and skirts.plenty of pants.Just went the other day.I have the urge to go shopping again.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 534

I answered Yes, absolutely. I dont seem to be able to stop looking, and most times buying, shoes, boots, and dresses. tops, skirts.. My wish list is full all the time, and my wife thinks I have a shoe fetish, I have more than her, now, and have 2 pair of boots on the way, lol.
      I have boxed all my drab, and my closet is now all Regi, plus 34 drawers in my dresser( I still need drab for work,)
      It’s so much fun, being a girl:-)
      Regi

Mika Malone
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: November 11, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 555

I had to say yes. Mostly, because I am only a couple months into fully dressing and have been starting from scratch. In the past two weeks, I have spent $650 in clothes. That’s just on one site. I already dropped a bunch of dough elsewhere. And shoes? Don’t even get me started. I decided today that I would not spend anymore money on shoes. I can’t say that I am done with clothes. There is a daily flash sale at Shein.com (recommended to me by Cindy Lou) for two more days and I plan to check it out each day. Plus, half the stuff I have been buying recently doesn’t suit my body type or I just don’t think it “works.” I have been returning stuff and have opted for credit rather than a refund. So, even if I don’t spend anymore, there is still more shopping to do.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Hippie
        Lady
        Registered On: December 20, 2016
        Topics: 6
        Replies: 100

Oh, really cash credit on returns, That’s a great idea. Never thought of that.

Mika Malone
          Duchess - Annual
          Registered On: November 11, 2020
          Topics: 26
          Replies: 555

I figured that this way my wife can’t complain about me spending too much money because it was already spent.

Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 793

I checked ‘sometimes ‘.  Hi, my name is Paula, and I got my last delivery today from back sliding 3 weeks ago, and it all fit.

I am a partially reformed shop-aholic, and like several others here, space in my closets has been what has saved me from a serious attack of buyers frenzy.   The agreement I have made with myself is that I cannot buy unless I donate first.  I  am now allowed to only replace items that go to the donation bins.

That doesn’t mean that I can’t window shop, which should be an Olympic event since they added curling, of all sports.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Paula F.
      Emily
      Lady
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 726

I used to be much more of a compulsive shopper than I am now. I tend to be a bit more discerning in what I buy. I used to buy anything that I though would fit. Now I put more thought into how it will look on me and whether or not I will actually wear it. Now, when it comes to undergarment, I have to admit to being a bit more compulsive in my purchasing. I have a favorite panty style and will always buy them when I see colors I don’t already have. I have also become a bit addicted to yoga pants and leggings. Love how they feel and look no have a hard time resisting them when I’m out shopping.

Hippie
        Lady

Leggings and yoga pants. Them stinkers have been my weekness for the last 5yrs. Got to many, i started to give them out to my daughters. Needed to reduce.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Daisy Marie
      Baroness
      Registered On: September 27, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 79

The only reasons that avoid me to become a compulsive shopper are: 1) budget and 2) storage. Living in a place and storing girly attire in a hideout brings the unfortunate need to think twice before hit the purchase button.

The amount of ads I receive through email make me think about many looks I could wear but space is limited. So I keep trying combinations with what I have and adding new pieces in a slow pace.

xoxo

Daisy

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 382
      Replies: 1602

Yep compulsive clothes grabber guilty as charged.

However, “reformed”.  “In recovery”.  Oh I still fall off the wagon here & there.  But it’s pretty simple – there’s absolutely no place left to put the stuff, so if I want more something has to go.  And that’s an even more painful dilemma to confront.  So there you have it, my aversion to confronting that trumps my clothes grabbing compulsion! 🤪

Jamie Taal
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2019
      Replies: 83

I am a compulsive window shopper. I look at items online and place them in the basket/cart but never buy. It’s the thought of possibly buying that is intriguing but I rarely buy.

Sandy Craig
      Lady
      Registered On: March 18, 2018
      Replies: 230

I notched the “Sometimes”

Compulsive, yes at times but I definitely have Rules I follow and do good at sticking to these. Basics are:

Do I love it?

Does it fit and look great on?

Is it something I will wear out in public?

Do I need this?

And, is it on sale? I typically buy from nicer more expensive stores so sales are your friend!

Is there a good exchange or return policy?

FYI, Sales are great right now

and

I am in a COMPULSIVE Buy Mode

Sandy

Trisha Lilly Langdan
      Lady
      Registered On: December 8, 2020
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 285

Hi Hippie, I think you forgot an option, “Yes!! Please someone help my poor bank balance.” I think in 5 weeks I’ves spent my drabs yearly allowence of clothing. For me it’s dresses. If it’s my size and sexy I’ll buy it.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Scarlett398
      Princess
      Registered On: June 29, 2018
      Replies: 476

Hi there Hippie! It has indeed for years now! However, I’ve finally reached the point where I’ve ran out of storage space and my wife has too! We both love to shop together and when we pick femme items out, they aren’t items which will go out of style anytime soon.

You can tell by looking at many of my photos if I put on the same outfit 10 years from now, it would still be in style!

That’s my shopping story and I’m sticking to it!

Sincerely, Scarlett

Hippie
        Lady

Oh, God Yes, Boy Don’t I know about running out of room. Now I have a wife to, and I have more than her. I know it’s a problem when your wife goes “I think you got enough, do you think you really need it” She is my brakes on my pocket book.

I have to talk to her and see if she would come back to CD heaven. She was a big help in the early days.

She really understands us

Hippie

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: July 26, 2020
        Topics: 47
        Replies: 1334

Scarlett….

pure and simple….you are beautiful

pleasure to have met you, grace xx

Scarlett398
          Princess
          Registered On: June 29, 2018
          Replies: 476

Well that was sweet of you to say, Grace! I try my best to put plenty of work and energy into each and everyone of my photo shoots I do alone here at home. It’s plenty of work but well worth the effort. And it’s the only way I get Scarlett out of the house – that’s with my photos!

XOXOXO Scarlett  Happy New Year, Grace! It’s gotta be better that last year!

Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Replies: 299

YES !!

Before coming out to my wife, it was not bad, due to the fact that I had limited storage space for my clothing.

After coming out, the flood gates were opened up wide.  My worst habit was buying stuff for Wendy just for the sake of buying something, even if I didn’t like the fashion/style/size …  I still bought it.  What eventually happened was my closet would be full of unworn clothing still with tags, only to be donated at a later date.  What a total waste of money.

I made a promise to myself after purging items that I would no longer wear to stop buying clothing that I didn’t like, only buying items that I know I would wear, like, and fit.  I have to say it has worked so far.

Michelle Jacqueline Renee
      Lady
      Registered On: January 26, 2016
      Replies: 1

I have become a compulsive shopper but not for everything. I can’t resist buying a lovely pair of heels or a nice pair of fully fashioned stockings or a nice 8 strap garter belt.

Don’t let me loose in a cosmetics department. I am like a kid in a candy store. If there is a new shade of lipstick or eye shadow I have to buy it.

I don’t think 28 pairs of heels is excessive, a girl likes to have choices, doesn’t she?

BigBangtheory
      Lady
      Registered On: January 14, 2020
      Replies: 102

Before Stephanie came to be and blossomed, I had one pair of guy boots and tennis shoes for going out and one pair of boots and tennis shoes for work, two pairs of good jeans and T-shirts and two button up shirts,  then a lot of  “work” clothes. Stephanie now has dozens of cute shoes, boots and booties. She has one drawer full of panties and another full of bras.  She has two racks full of jeans, skirts, dresses and blouses. There’s also a full size mirrored armoire full of jewelry. Everything was accumulated in less than three years! Since everything (except panties)was clearance, thrift stores or yard sales it was not as expensive as you would think and has been our sanity savior during the pandemic. Sooo, it was not compulsive shopping but rather preventative treatment!! Stephanie

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1334

Hi….

I answered yes….omg, yes…

drab he buys if he desperately needs..

Grace buys if she wants desperately…big difference !!!!

off shopping, grace xx

Bettylou Cox
        Duchess
        Registered On: May 26, 2019
        Topics: 17
        Replies: 1685

Me too, Grace. It feels so good, it can’t be bad.

Bettylou

Jannie Murry
      Lady
      Registered On: October 15, 2019
      Replies: 112

I had to think about this before I answered. Sometimes, when I’m out, I’ll be in a mall and walk past a store where there is a dress or outfit on a mannequin that makes me stop in my tracks. I’ll try to imagine what it would look like on me then wonder if it’s my size? Most of the time I’ll just continue to keep on walking, but occasionally I go into the store and ask about it, Then if it’s my size I’ll ask to try it on. Then after seeing how it looks on me, I’ll decide if I like it enough to purchase it. So thats why I answered, sometimes.

Rachel Williams
      Lady
      Registered On: June 16, 2019
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 189

When I finally got my first true makeover, that’s when I truly became a shopaholic.  Always looking through Torrid, Lane Bryant, Sephora, Ulta for that item(s) that screams out “BUY ME!!!”  But yes, I do like to go through the clearance area.  You can get some beautiful clothes for little cash.

Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: December 24, 2020
      Replies: 30

Interesting, as I type this, I am the only one of 28 respondents who replied to the survey with “No”.  I must say, it’s not that I don’t feel compelled to buy things at times.  It’s just that I am able to exercise some self-control.  I think about things that I want or need, do a little bit of research into the brands, styles, colors, etc. that are available, then go out on a planned shopping trip.  I do my shopping in outings a few times a year, unless I find myself needing something that I can’t live without.

Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Replies: 358

I’d have to say yes but to an extent.  If I got a coupon, I would look in the clearance rack for items so that the total cost to me was pretty low.  Occasionally I will find something I like, and I will get it if the price isn’t too high, and worry about when or where to wear it later.  But I do always keep an eye out for sales and bargains.  And if I find something I like, I will get it even though my closet is already pretty full.

I don’t go crazy, though.  I still have an idea of how much I’m spending, and don’t go overboard.

I would prefer to shop in person, and even try things on, but because of stores closing their brick and mortar shops (many PayLess stores, and a Dress Barn right near my home), time, stores closing earlier in the year because of the pandemic, and trying to find specific items, I have done more online shopping.

But it’s still more compulsive than looking for guy things, where I go in knowing what I want, get what I can, and leave.

Laura Jane Moore
      Lady
      Registered On: July 10, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 105

Yes… I’ve become compulsive about shopping for Laura  …. that’s what I have become. I HAVE to have that new shade of lipstick…. I have only shopped on line so far… bought only a few cosmetics and makeup remover from the local CVS,,,, I do Macys and Amazon on-line and pick up my orders….. over… and over… and over…. In my Amazon cart right now is a pair of women’s reading glasses with a pink motif (I already have a pair of women’s reading glasses) and a Japonesque GoCurl eyelash curler also in pink (every girl needs one eyelash curler…. I need two). I’ll probably place this order after adding an item or two.

I just placed a Macys order for 7 items, including two T shirt bras, a $10 MAC lipstick,  a pair of jeggings, 2 pieces of  jewelry  and a satin chemise & robe sleep set…. oh dear… I’ve done it again….

T.J. Byron
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 18, 2018
      Replies: 281

Yep!

No question…no one else is going to order my Secrets in Lace Undies, stockings or shear robes!!

My wife Did get me a beautiful black Alligator Bag for Christmas!!

I might look and Look…that’s called SHOPPING! I may Not buy. I might look at something a week or more… It might go on SALE, THEN PULL THE TRIGER!!

Dr. T.J.

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1143

I answered yes. All I can say is OMG I am like you, and the comparison to gambling is perhaps fitting. Early in beginning of Dec I said I wouldn’t buy anything more for Amy, then a few days later I was out Christmas shopping and saw some things on sale, so that resolution got thrown out the window.

Since Christmas I’ve made two online orders already, and am tempted about a few other things. Black mini skirts seems to be a particular weakness of mine, bras too, but I haven’t bought one for about 3 months or more. Maybe I should go onto the VS website and check them out!

I do like to shop for male clothes, and always have, as I like to dress well no matter who I’m presenting as.

Amy

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess

Oh, Yes!
      When I was a guy, I only wore tactical clothing and velcro walker shoes, which I replaced once a year. Now, Bettylou has 18 pairs of shoes/boots and a closet bulging with a complete femme wardrobe…and a smaller closet filled with a variety of jackets, coats and purses. I can’t go a week without at least one en femme shopping trip, even though I have things in my closet with the price tag still on them, and the closet is over-full.

Bettylou

Tara Jeane
      Lady
      Registered On: December 12, 2020
      Replies: 61

Absolutely! Undeniably! I LOVE to shop! Once Tara sprang out of me like a wildcat just a few weeks ago, I have shopped more for clothes and shoes since then than I have cumulatively throughout my entire life as a man. Especially shoes! I now totally and completely understand the need of every previous girlfriend I’ve ever had to continuously buy shoes.

Being closeted is the only thing that has kept me from REALLY going crazy buying stuff. I’m still trying to reign myself in to be honest.

*kisses* tara 🙂

Tara Jeane
        Lady

And I just bought a pair of CUTE heeled boots today because the store gave me a $10 coupon! I ask you, what CHOICE did I have?!? I HAD to buy them!  🙂

Bettylou Cox
          Duchess

I understand, completely, Tara; my Kohl’s coupons affect me the same way.

Bettylou

Tara Jeane
            Lady

Uh-oh. I hadn’t even THOUGHT of Kohl’s yet! Thanks a LOT BettyLou! HA!!  🙂

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Tara Jeane.
        Hippie
        Lady

It got worse for me. Once I became open about my crossdressing. At least I not to the point of blowing my Mortgage payment

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Replies: 6

I find I buy things on impulse, especially pantyhose. And because I am in the closet it makes it hard.

Danielle Silverfeather
      Lady
      Registered On: July 29, 2019
      Topics: 9

Hey ladies,

Sometimes I get so into buying pretty things. It seems like I can’t stop. Lol

Hippie
        Lady

Oh, don’t I know it, Like I even spent my last 5 bucks for a pretty thing

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.