- December 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm #424681HippieParticipantRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 6Replies: 100Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 390 times
Once I accepted that I am a crossdresser. I became one of the biggest compulsive shoppers. Like it became uncontrollable at certain times. The best way I describe it. It feels like a gambler that can’t stop gambling and I wonder if any of you suffer from the same thing.
If you were affected from compulsive shopping. How did you gain control?
- January 1, 2021 at 1:43 pm #425974Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 110Has thanked: 552 timesBeen thanked: 450 times
I have to admit to being a compulsive shopper. Since I’ve never i my whole life been interested in male clothing. My male “wardrobe” is really really drab. And since I’ve found Bubbleroom.se I tend to buy a lot more than I can afford. They only sell woman’s clothing. And I’m am a too recurring costumer then I actually can afford, but… And if anybody remembers from the chat in early November I said my goal is to slip into a dress size US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42, I’m wearing it now! I started at US 20W / UK 24 / EU 50 (+kr. 92) . And I still am loosing weight. I have that fat above my belly bottom that I want to get rid of, now that’s my goal. What I want to say is that according to my experience it’s easier to find nice clothing if you are US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42 or lower. And before the gastric bypass I was in the size way too large for someone my length, I’m only 5’3.
Lots of Hugs
- January 1, 2021 at 9:33 am #425839Robin GirlyLadyRegistered On: March 29, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 123Has thanked: 316 timesBeen thanked: 388 times
I love to shop.I’m always looking online at cloths.But I shop in person.Love going to the shops for cloths.Wish they had more shoes in my size.I only have 2,pairs of heels 2 flats and one booties and 1 sandals.I have at least 30 pairs of panties.I have dresses blouses and skirts.plenty of pants.Just went the other day.I have the urge to go shopping again.
- January 1, 2021 at 4:41 am #425753Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5593 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
I answered Yes, absolutely. I dont seem to be able to stop looking, and most times buying, shoes, boots, and dresses. tops, skirts.. My wish list is full all the time, and my wife thinks I have a shoe fetish, I have more than her, now, and have 2 pair of boots on the way, lol.
I have boxed all my drab, and my closet is now all Regi, plus 34 drawers in my dresser( I still need drab for work,)
It’s so much fun, being a girl:-)
- December 31, 2020 at 7:37 pm #425652Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 555Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 2188 times
I had to say yes. Mostly, because I am only a couple months into fully dressing and have been starting from scratch. In the past two weeks, I have spent $650 in clothes. That’s just on one site. I already dropped a bunch of dough elsewhere. And shoes? Don’t even get me started. I decided today that I would not spend anymore money on shoes. I can’t say that I am done with clothes. There is a daily flash sale at Shein.com (recommended to me by Cindy Lou) for two more days and I plan to check it out each day. Plus, half the stuff I have been buying recently doesn’t suit my body type or I just don’t think it “works.” I have been returning stuff and have opted for credit rather than a refund. So, even if I don’t spend anymore, there is still more shopping to do.
- December 31, 2020 at 2:55 am #425361Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 793Has thanked: 5678 timesBeen thanked: 3086 times
I checked ‘sometimes ‘. Hi, my name is Paula, and I got my last delivery today from back sliding 3 weeks ago, and it all fit.
I am a partially reformed shop-aholic, and like several others here, space in my closets has been what has saved me from a serious attack of buyers frenzy. The agreement I have made with myself is that I cannot buy unless I donate first. I am now allowed to only replace items that go to the donation bins.
That doesn’t mean that I can’t window shop, which should be an Olympic event since they added curling, of all sports.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Paula F.
- December 31, 2020 at 2:52 am #425360EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2248 times
I used to be much more of a compulsive shopper than I am now. I tend to be a bit more discerning in what I buy. I used to buy anything that I though would fit. Now I put more thought into how it will look on me and whether or not I will actually wear it. Now, when it comes to undergarment, I have to admit to being a bit more compulsive in my purchasing. I have a favorite panty style and will always buy them when I see colors I don’t already have. I have also become a bit addicted to yoga pants and leggings. Love how they feel and look no have a hard time resisting them when I’m out shopping.
- December 30, 2020 at 9:35 pm #425325Daisy MarieBaronessRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 79Has thanked: 143 timesBeen thanked: 322 times
The only reasons that avoid me to become a compulsive shopper are: 1) budget and 2) storage. Living in a place and storing girly attire in a hideout brings the unfortunate need to think twice before hit the purchase button.
The amount of ads I receive through email make me think about many looks I could wear but space is limited. So I keep trying combinations with what I have and adding new pieces in a slow pace.
- December 30, 2020 at 6:46 pm #425284Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 382Replies: 1602Has thanked: 7082 timesBeen thanked: 6084 times
Yep compulsive clothes grabber guilty as charged.
However, “reformed”. “In recovery”. Oh I still fall off the wagon here & there. But it’s pretty simple – there’s absolutely no place left to put the stuff, so if I want more something has to go. And that’s an even more painful dilemma to confront. So there you have it, my aversion to confronting that trumps my clothes grabbing compulsion! 🤪
- December 30, 2020 at 5:37 pm #425272Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 83Has thanked: 445 timesBeen thanked: 435 times
- December 30, 2020 at 11:29 am #425146Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 230Has thanked: 143 timesBeen thanked: 449 times
I notched the “Sometimes”
Compulsive, yes at times but I definitely have Rules I follow and do good at sticking to these. Basics are:
Do I love it?
Does it fit and look great on?
Is it something I will wear out in public?
Do I need this?
And, is it on sale? I typically buy from nicer more expensive stores so sales are your friend!
Is there a good exchange or return policy?
FYI, Sales are great right now
I am in a COMPULSIVE Buy Mode
- December 30, 2020 at 11:15 am #425137Trisha Lilly LangdanLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 285Has thanked: 2297 timesBeen thanked: 1101 times
Hi Hippie, I think you forgot an option, “Yes!! Please someone help my poor bank balance.” I think in 5 weeks I’ves spent my drabs yearly allowence of clothing. For me it’s dresses. If it’s my size and sexy I’ll buy it.
- December 30, 2020 at 10:57 am #425128Scarlett398PrincessRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 476Has thanked: 709 timesBeen thanked: 1046 times
Hi there Hippie! It has indeed for years now! However, I’ve finally reached the point where I’ve ran out of storage space and my wife has too! We both love to shop together and when we pick femme items out, they aren’t items which will go out of style anytime soon.
You can tell by looking at many of my photos if I put on the same outfit 10 years from now, it would still be in style!
That’s my shopping story and I’m sticking to it!
- December 30, 2020 at 11:34 am #425148HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 6Replies: 100Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 390 times
Oh, God Yes, Boy Don’t I know about running out of room. Now I have a wife to, and I have more than her. I know it’s a problem when your wife goes “I think you got enough, do you think you really need it” She is my brakes on my pocket book.
I have to talk to her and see if she would come back to CD heaven. She was a big help in the early days.
She really understands us
- December 30, 2020 at 11:12 am #425135Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1334Has thanked: 6400 timesBeen thanked: 7546 times
- January 1, 2021 at 7:43 am #425812Scarlett398PrincessRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 476Has thanked: 709 timesBeen thanked: 1046 times
Well that was sweet of you to say, Grace! I try my best to put plenty of work and energy into each and everyone of my photo shoots I do alone here at home. It’s plenty of work but well worth the effort. And it’s the only way I get Scarlett out of the house – that’s with my photos!
XOXOXO Scarlett Happy New Year, Grace! It’s gotta be better that last year!
- December 30, 2020 at 6:25 am #424976Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 299Has thanked: 202 timesBeen thanked: 1167 times
Before coming out to my wife, it was not bad, due to the fact that I had limited storage space for my clothing.
After coming out, the flood gates were opened up wide. My worst habit was buying stuff for Wendy just for the sake of buying something, even if I didn’t like the fashion/style/size … I still bought it. What eventually happened was my closet would be full of unworn clothing still with tags, only to be donated at a later date. What a total waste of money.
I made a promise to myself after purging items that I would no longer wear to stop buying clothing that I didn’t like, only buying items that I know I would wear, like, and fit. I have to say it has worked so far.
- December 30, 2020 at 5:57 am #424960Michelle Jacqueline ReneeLadyRegistered On: January 26, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
I have become a compulsive shopper but not for everything. I can’t resist buying a lovely pair of heels or a nice pair of fully fashioned stockings or a nice 8 strap garter belt.
Don’t let me loose in a cosmetics department. I am like a kid in a candy store. If there is a new shade of lipstick or eye shadow I have to buy it.
I don’t think 28 pairs of heels is excessive, a girl likes to have choices, doesn’t she?
- December 30, 2020 at 5:57 am #424959BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 102Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 422 times
Before Stephanie came to be and blossomed, I had one pair of guy boots and tennis shoes for going out and one pair of boots and tennis shoes for work, two pairs of good jeans and T-shirts and two button up shirts, then a lot of “work” clothes. Stephanie now has dozens of cute shoes, boots and booties. She has one drawer full of panties and another full of bras. She has two racks full of jeans, skirts, dresses and blouses. There’s also a full size mirrored armoire full of jewelry. Everything was accumulated in less than three years! Since everything (except panties)was clearance, thrift stores or yard sales it was not as expensive as you would think and has been our sanity savior during the pandemic. Sooo, it was not compulsive shopping but rather preventative treatment!! Stephanie
- December 30, 2020 at 5:24 am #424942Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1334Has thanked: 6400 timesBeen thanked: 7546 times
- December 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm #425254
- December 30, 2020 at 2:32 am #424888Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 112Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 515 times
I had to think about this before I answered. Sometimes, when I’m out, I’ll be in a mall and walk past a store where there is a dress or outfit on a mannequin that makes me stop in my tracks. I’ll try to imagine what it would look like on me then wonder if it’s my size? Most of the time I’ll just continue to keep on walking, but occasionally I go into the store and ask about it, Then if it’s my size I’ll ask to try it on. Then after seeing how it looks on me, I’ll decide if I like it enough to purchase it. So thats why I answered, sometimes.
- December 29, 2020 at 9:57 pm #424854Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 189Has thanked: 480 timesBeen thanked: 535 times
When I finally got my first true makeover, that’s when I truly became a shopaholic. Always looking through Torrid, Lane Bryant, Sephora, Ulta for that item(s) that screams out “BUY ME!!!” But yes, I do like to go through the clearance area. You can get some beautiful clothes for little cash.
- December 29, 2020 at 9:17 pm #424848Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 30Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 153 times
Interesting, as I type this, I am the only one of 28 respondents who replied to the survey with “No”. I must say, it’s not that I don’t feel compelled to buy things at times. It’s just that I am able to exercise some self-control. I think about things that I want or need, do a little bit of research into the brands, styles, colors, etc. that are available, then go out on a planned shopping trip. I do my shopping in outings a few times a year, unless I find myself needing something that I can’t live without.
- December 29, 2020 at 8:37 pm #424837Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 358Has thanked: 201 timesBeen thanked: 1374 times
I’d have to say yes but to an extent. If I got a coupon, I would look in the clearance rack for items so that the total cost to me was pretty low. Occasionally I will find something I like, and I will get it if the price isn’t too high, and worry about when or where to wear it later. But I do always keep an eye out for sales and bargains. And if I find something I like, I will get it even though my closet is already pretty full.
I don’t go crazy, though. I still have an idea of how much I’m spending, and don’t go overboard.
I would prefer to shop in person, and even try things on, but because of stores closing their brick and mortar shops (many PayLess stores, and a Dress Barn right near my home), time, stores closing earlier in the year because of the pandemic, and trying to find specific items, I have done more online shopping.
But it’s still more compulsive than looking for guy things, where I go in knowing what I want, get what I can, and leave.
- December 29, 2020 at 7:23 pm #424811Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 105Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
Yes… I’ve become compulsive about shopping for Laura …. that’s what I have become. I HAVE to have that new shade of lipstick…. I have only shopped on line so far… bought only a few cosmetics and makeup remover from the local CVS,,,, I do Macys and Amazon on-line and pick up my orders….. over… and over… and over…. In my Amazon cart right now is a pair of women’s reading glasses with a pink motif (I already have a pair of women’s reading glasses) and a Japonesque GoCurl eyelash curler also in pink (every girl needs one eyelash curler…. I need two). I’ll probably place this order after adding an item or two.
I just placed a Macys order for 7 items, including two T shirt bras, a $10 MAC lipstick, a pair of jeggings, 2 pieces of jewelry and a satin chemise & robe sleep set…. oh dear… I’ve done it again….
- December 29, 2020 at 7:28 pm #424812LadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 6Replies: 100Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 390 times
Yeah, I completely the other way. I can’t stand on-line shopping, I rather be in the stores. I do on-line if forced to, See I rather drive two hrs to the nearest mall than shop on-line.
- December 29, 2020 at 5:57 pm #424784T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 281Has thanked: 2646 timesBeen thanked: 1121 times
No question…no one else is going to order my Secrets in Lace Undies, stockings or shear robes!!
My wife Did get me a beautiful black Alligator Bag for Christmas!!
I might look and Look…that’s called SHOPPING! I may Not buy. I might look at something a week or more… It might go on SALE, THEN PULL THE TRIGER!!
- December 29, 2020 at 2:45 pm #424717Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1143Has thanked: 3126 timesBeen thanked: 2984 times
I answered yes. All I can say is OMG I am like you, and the comparison to gambling is perhaps fitting. Early in beginning of Dec I said I wouldn’t buy anything more for Amy, then a few days later I was out Christmas shopping and saw some things on sale, so that resolution got thrown out the window.
Since Christmas I’ve made two online orders already, and am tempted about a few other things. Black mini skirts seems to be a particular weakness of mine, bras too, but I haven’t bought one for about 3 months or more. Maybe I should go onto the VS website and check them out!
I do like to shop for male clothes, and always have, as I like to dress well no matter who I’m presenting as.
- December 29, 2020 at 2:30 pm #424714Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1685Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 5611 times
When I was a guy, I only wore tactical clothing and velcro walker shoes, which I replaced once a year. Now, Bettylou has 18 pairs of shoes/boots and a closet bulging with a complete femme wardrobe…and a smaller closet filled with a variety of jackets, coats and purses. I can’t go a week without at least one en femme shopping trip, even though I have things in my closet with the price tag still on them, and the closet is over-full.
- December 30, 2020 at 1:57 am #424882Carolyn KayLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 220Has thanked: 1083 timesBeen thanked: 1010 times
- December 29, 2020 at 1:32 pm #424691Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 61Has thanked: 633 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
Absolutely! Undeniably! I LOVE to shop! Once Tara sprang out of me like a wildcat just a few weeks ago, I have shopped more for clothes and shoes since then than I have cumulatively throughout my entire life as a man. Especially shoes! I now totally and completely understand the need of every previous girlfriend I’ve ever had to continuously buy shoes.
Being closeted is the only thing that has kept me from REALLY going crazy buying stuff. I’m still trying to reign myself in to be honest.
*kisses* tara 🙂
- December 30, 2020 at 12:27 pm #425173Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 61Has thanked: 633 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
- December 31, 2020 at 8:21 am #425477Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1685Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 5611 times
- December 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm #424696LadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 6Replies: 100Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 390 times
- December 29, 2020 at 1:30 pm #424689
- December 29, 2020 at 1:29 pm #424688Danielle SilverfeatherLadyRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 61Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 338 times
- December 29, 2020 at 1:46 pm #424695
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.