Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

Once I accepted that I am a crossdresser. I became one of the biggest compulsive shoppers. Like it became uncontrollable at certain times. The best way I describe it. It feels like a gambler that can’t stop gambling and I wonder if any of you suffer from the same thing.

If you were affected from compulsive shopping. How did you gain control?

Hey ladies,

Sometimes I get so into buying pretty things. It seems like I can’t stop. Lol

Hippie
        Lady

Oh, don’t I know it, Like I even spent my last 5 bucks for a pretty thing

Anonymous

I find I buy things on impulse, especially pantyhose. And because I am in the closet it makes it hard.

Anonymous
      Lady

Absolutely! Undeniably! I LOVE to shop! Once Tara sprang out of me like a wildcat just a few weeks ago, I have shopped more for clothes and shoes since then than I have cumulatively throughout my entire life as a man. Especially shoes! I now totally and completely understand the need of every previous girlfriend I’ve ever had to continuously buy shoes.

Being closeted is the only thing that has kept me from REALLY going crazy buying stuff. I’m still trying to reign myself in to be honest.

*kisses* tara 🙂

Hippie
        Lady

It got worse for me. Once I became open about my crossdressing. At least I not to the point of blowing my Mortgage payment

Anonymous
        Lady

And I just bought a pair of CUTE heeled boots today because the store gave me a $10 coupon! I ask you, what CHOICE did I have?!? I HAD to buy them!  🙂

Anonymous

I understand, completely, Tara; my Kohl’s coupons affect me the same way.

Bettylou

Anonymous
            Lady

Uh-oh. I hadn’t even THOUGHT of Kohl’s yet! Thanks a LOT BettyLou! HA!!  🙂

Anonymous

Oh, Yes!
      When I was a guy, I only wore tactical clothing and velcro walker shoes, which I replaced once a year. Now, Bettylou has 18 pairs of shoes/boots and a closet bulging with a complete femme wardrobe…and a smaller closet filled with a variety of jackets, coats and purses. I can’t go a week without at least one en femme shopping trip, even though I have things in my closet with the price tag still on them, and the closet is over-full.

Bettylou

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I was not to surprised to see how you answered, knowing Kohl’s stock is doing just fine seeing you shop there, lol

Anonymous

Hi Carolyn,

Shopping is a tough job, but someone has to do it. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I answered yes. All I can say is OMG I am like you, and the comparison to gambling is perhaps fitting. Early in beginning of Dec I said I wouldn’t buy anything more for Amy, then a few days later I was out Christmas shopping and saw some things on sale, so that resolution got thrown out the window.

Since Christmas I’ve made two online orders already, and am tempted about a few other things. Black mini skirts seems to be a particular weakness of mine, bras too, but I haven’t bought one for about 3 months or more. Maybe I should go onto the VS website and check them out!

I do like to shop for male clothes, and always have, as I like to dress well no matter who I’m presenting as.

Amy

Anonymous

Yep!

No question…no one else is going to order my Secrets in Lace Undies, stockings or shear robes!!

My wife Did get me a beautiful black Alligator Bag for Christmas!!

I might look and Look…that’s called SHOPPING! I may Not buy. I might look at something a week or more… It might go on SALE, THEN PULL THE TRIGER!!

Dr. T.J.

Anonymous

Can I volunteer to go shopping in store with TJ? Will CDH reimburse my plane fair?

Yes… I’ve become compulsive about shopping for Laura  …. that’s what I have become. I HAVE to have that new shade of lipstick…. I have only shopped on line so far… bought only a few cosmetics and makeup remover from the local CVS,,,, I do Macys and Amazon on-line and pick up my orders….. over… and over… and over…. In my Amazon cart right now is a pair of women’s reading glasses with a pink motif (I already have a pair of women’s reading glasses) and a Japonesque GoCurl eyelash curler also in pink (every girl needs one eyelash curler…. I need two). I’ll probably place this order after adding an item or two.

I just placed a Macys order for 7 items, including two T shirt bras, a $10 MAC lipstick,  a pair of jeggings, 2 pieces of  jewelry  and a satin chemise & robe sleep set…. oh dear… I’ve done it again….

Hippie
        Lady

Yeah, I completely the other way. I can’t stand on-line shopping, I rather be in the stores. I do on-line if forced to, See I rather drive two hrs to the nearest mall than shop on-line.

I’d have to say yes but to an extent.  If I got a coupon, I would look in the clearance rack for items so that the total cost to me was pretty low.  Occasionally I will find something I like, and I will get it if the price isn’t too high, and worry about when or where to wear it later.  But I do always keep an eye out for sales and bargains.  And if I find something I like, I will get it even though my closet is already pretty full.

I don’t go crazy, though.  I still have an idea of how much I’m spending, and don’t go overboard.

I would prefer to shop in person, and even try things on, but because of stores closing their brick and mortar shops (many PayLess stores, and a Dress Barn right near my home), time, stores closing earlier in the year because of the pandemic, and trying to find specific items, I have done more online shopping.

But it’s still more compulsive than looking for guy things, where I go in knowing what I want, get what I can, and leave.

Anonymous

Interesting, as I type this, I am the only one of 28 respondents who replied to the survey with “No”.  I must say, it’s not that I don’t feel compelled to buy things at times.  It’s just that I am able to exercise some self-control.  I think about things that I want or need, do a little bit of research into the brands, styles, colors, etc. that are available, then go out on a planned shopping trip.  I do my shopping in outings a few times a year, unless I find myself needing something that I can’t live without.

When I finally got my first true makeover, that’s when I truly became a shopaholic.  Always looking through Torrid, Lane Bryant, Sephora, Ulta for that item(s) that screams out “BUY ME!!!”  But yes, I do like to go through the clearance area.  You can get some beautiful clothes for little cash.

I had to think about this before I answered. Sometimes, when I’m out, I’ll be in a mall and walk past a store where there is a dress or outfit on a mannequin that makes me stop in my tracks. I’ll try to imagine what it would look like on me then wonder if it’s my size? Most of the time I’ll just continue to keep on walking, but occasionally I go into the store and ask about it, Then if it’s my size I’ll ask to try it on. Then after seeing how it looks on me, I’ll decide if I like it enough to purchase it. So thats why I answered, sometimes.

Anonymous

Hi….

I answered yes….omg, yes…

drab he buys if he desperately needs..

Grace buys if she wants desperately…big difference !!!!

off shopping, grace xx

Anonymous

Me too, Grace. It feels so good, it can’t be bad.

Bettylou

Before Stephanie came to be and blossomed, I had one pair of guy boots and tennis shoes for going out and one pair of boots and tennis shoes for work, two pairs of good jeans and T-shirts and two button up shirts,  then a lot of  “work” clothes. Stephanie now has dozens of cute shoes, boots and booties. She has one drawer full of panties and another full of bras.  She has two racks full of jeans, skirts, dresses and blouses. There’s also a full size mirrored armoire full of jewelry. Everything was accumulated in less than three years! Since everything (except panties)was clearance, thrift stores or yard sales it was not as expensive as you would think and has been our sanity savior during the pandemic. Sooo, it was not compulsive shopping but rather preventative treatment!! Stephanie

I have become a compulsive shopper but not for everything. I can’t resist buying a lovely pair of heels or a nice pair of fully fashioned stockings or a nice 8 strap garter belt.

Don’t let me loose in a cosmetics department. I am like a kid in a candy store. If there is a new shade of lipstick or eye shadow I have to buy it.

I don’t think 28 pairs of heels is excessive, a girl likes to have choices, doesn’t she?

YES !!

Before coming out to my wife, it was not bad, due to the fact that I had limited storage space for my clothing.

After coming out, the flood gates were opened up wide.  My worst habit was buying stuff for Wendy just for the sake of buying something, even if I didn’t like the fashion/style/size …  I still bought it.  What eventually happened was my closet would be full of unworn clothing still with tags, only to be donated at a later date.  What a total waste of money.

I made a promise to myself after purging items that I would no longer wear to stop buying clothing that I didn’t like, only buying items that I know I would wear, like, and fit.  I have to say it has worked so far.

Scarlett398
      Princess

Hi there Hippie! It has indeed for years now! However, I’ve finally reached the point where I’ve ran out of storage space and my wife has too! We both love to shop together and when we pick femme items out, they aren’t items which will go out of style anytime soon.

You can tell by looking at many of my photos if I put on the same outfit 10 years from now, it would still be in style!

That’s my shopping story and I’m sticking to it!

Sincerely, Scarlett

Anonymous

Scarlett….

pure and simple….you are beautiful

pleasure to have met you, grace xx

Scarlett398
          Princess

Well that was sweet of you to say, Grace! I try my best to put plenty of work and energy into each and everyone of my photo shoots I do alone here at home. It’s plenty of work but well worth the effort. And it’s the only way I get Scarlett out of the house – that’s with my photos!

XOXOXO Scarlett  Happy New Year, Grace! It’s gotta be better that last year!

Hippie
        Lady

Oh, God Yes, Boy Don’t I know about running out of room. Now I have a wife to, and I have more than her. I know it’s a problem when your wife goes “I think you got enough, do you think you really need it” She is my brakes on my pocket book.

I have to talk to her and see if she would come back to CD heaven. She was a big help in the early days.

She really understands us

Hippie

Hi Hippie, I think you forgot an option, “Yes!! Please someone help my poor bank balance.” I think in 5 weeks I’ves spent my drabs yearly allowence of clothing. For me it’s dresses. If it’s my size and sexy I’ll buy it.

I notched the “Sometimes”

Compulsive, yes at times but I definitely have Rules I follow and do good at sticking to these. Basics are:

Do I love it?

Does it fit and look great on?

Is it something I will wear out in public?

Do I need this?

And, is it on sale? I typically buy from nicer more expensive stores so sales are your friend!

Is there a good exchange or return policy?

FYI, Sales are great right now

and

I am in a COMPULSIVE Buy Mode

Sandy

I am a compulsive window shopper. I look at items online and place them in the basket/cart but never buy. It’s the thought of possibly buying that is intriguing but I rarely buy.

The only reasons that avoid me to become a compulsive shopper are: 1) budget and 2) storage. Living in a place and storing girly attire in a hideout brings the unfortunate need to think twice before hit the purchase button.

The amount of ads I receive through email make me think about many looks I could wear but space is limited. So I keep trying combinations with what I have and adding new pieces in a slow pace.

xoxo

Daisy

Emily
      Lady

I used to be much more of a compulsive shopper than I am now. I tend to be a bit more discerning in what I buy. I used to buy anything that I though would fit. Now I put more thought into how it will look on me and whether or not I will actually wear it. Now, when it comes to undergarment, I have to admit to being a bit more compulsive in my purchasing. I have a favorite panty style and will always buy them when I see colors I don’t already have. I have also become a bit addicted to yoga pants and leggings. Love how they feel and look no have a hard time resisting them when I’m out shopping.

Hippie
        Lady

Leggings and yoga pants. Them stinkers have been my weekness for the last 5yrs. Got to many, i started to give them out to my daughters. Needed to reduce.

That’s so me!, :-).   I discovered the athletic-leisure trend last year and I’ve really run with it – well I don’t actually run but I go to the (outside during COVID) gym and work out on the stair master.  The beautiful thing about this is when I’m wearing women’s leggings and even a sports bra under my ladies athletic top – I just get an energy boost from this that at the very least keeps me coming back to work out every day.  That’s quite a synergy.

Hippie
            Lady

So what you are saying is. Don’t put us to in a leggings store together. We just might buy them out LMAO

I checked ‘sometimes ‘.  Hi, my name is Paula, and I got my last delivery today from back sliding 3 weeks ago, and it all fit.

I am a partially reformed shop-aholic, and like several others here, space in my closets has been what has saved me from a serious attack of buyers frenzy.   The agreement I have made with myself is that I cannot buy unless I donate first.  I  am now allowed to only replace items that go to the donation bins.

That doesn’t mean that I can’t window shop, which should be an Olympic event since they added curling, of all sports.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.

I had to say yes. Mostly, because I am only a couple months into fully dressing and have been starting from scratch. In the past two weeks, I have spent $650 in clothes. That’s just on one site. I already dropped a bunch of dough elsewhere. And shoes? Don’t even get me started. I decided today that I would not spend anymore money on shoes. I can’t say that I am done with clothes. There is a daily flash sale at Shein.com (recommended to me by Cindy Lou) for two more days and I plan to check it out each day. Plus, half the stuff I have been buying recently doesn’t suit my body type or I just don’t think it “works.” I have been returning stuff and have opted for credit rather than a refund. So, even if I don’t spend anymore, there is still more shopping to do.

Hippie
        Lady

Oh, really cash credit on returns, That’s a great idea. Never thought of that.

I figured that this way my wife can’t complain about me spending too much money because it was already spent.

I answered Yes, absolutely. I dont seem to be able to stop looking, and most times buying, shoes, boots, and dresses. tops, skirts.. My wish list is full all the time, and my wife thinks I have a shoe fetish, I have more than her, now, and have 2 pair of boots on the way, lol.
      I have boxed all my drab, and my closet is now all Regi, plus 34 drawers in my dresser( I still need drab for work,)
      It’s so much fun, being a girl:-)
      Regi

I love to shop.I’m always looking online at cloths.But I shop in person.Love going to the shops for cloths.Wish they had more shoes in my size.I only have 2,pairs of heels 2 flats and one booties and 1 sandals.I have at least 30 pairs of panties.I have dresses blouses and skirts.plenty of pants.Just went the other day.I have the urge to go shopping again.

Hi

I have to admit to being a compulsive shopper. Since I’ve never i my whole life been interested in male clothing. My male “wardrobe”  is really really drab. And since I’ve found Bubbleroom.se I tend to buy a lot more than I can afford. They only sell woman’s clothing. And I’m am a too recurring costumer then I actually can afford, but… And if anybody remembers from the chat in early November I said my goal is to slip into a dress size US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42, I’m wearing it now! I started at US 20W / UK 24 / EU 50 (+kr. 92) . And I still am loosing weight. I have that fat above my belly bottom that I want to get rid of, now that’s my goal. What I want to say is that according to my experience it’s easier to find nice clothing if you are US 12 / UK 16 / EU 42 or lower. And before the gastric bypass I was in the size way too large for someone my length, I’m only 5’3.

Lots of Hugs
      Lily-Rose

I have become a compulsive shopper since I accepted myself as a CDer. I started buying my own fem clothes in late 2015 and I’m still buying. My compulsive shopping is more like compulsive browsing. Most times I have to take a trip through the ladies clothes section of any store I’m in. The major difference with me is that I do have self control; I don’t buy everything and I don’t buy just to buy. I treat myself with 1 to 3 items every 2 to 3 weeks. I also stay within a set price range; mainly shop low-end retail and buy on sale, discount, or clearance.

Hippie
        Lady

I think we all start out buying everything. Like to say hey I need to catch up. But has it becomes more normal and more routine. You learn the self-control.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Absolutely. After recently coming out to my wife I feel like this has gone to a higher level. I started with a small box filled with goodies. (Maybe 2×2 ) Now this has exploded into 2 boxes at least 3×3 and they are bursting. To the point that my so has discovered them. They were hidden in the attic labeled in a way I thought would keep her from investigating . Boy was I wrong. The boxes are exploding and didn’t fit in with the dusty things I tried to hide them among. She found them within a few days. E-commerce is unreal they really know how to make you buy more. I literally wait for my once a day emailed recommended purchases from amazon based on my previous purchases or browsing history. I enjoy seeing what they suggest, a new pair of stockings or a wig whatever it is I can’t help myself. Some much fun to browse, even more waiting for it to arrive.  I’m hooked what can I say.

Anonymous

I try not to be ‘compulsive’, but I’m aware there’s a big difference in my attitude to shopping as male or female. When I need to shop for male clothes it’s a necessary chore that I get on with , but if I’m browsing female, time just flies by.

I sometimes feel “the urge” to buy more but, with few exceptions, Quarantining and my pocket book have managed to keep it in check.

My CD journey started with women’s coats; I bought the first one that I didn’t immediately purge (take to goodwill, etc) over a decade ago.  More recently I’ve started wearing all sorts of women’s clothing; wearing masks because of COVID was the catalyst.  Now my closets (all of them) are overflowing with wonderful women’s down filled coats and all other kinds of feminine clothing.

Hi Hippie

An admission of sorts… Yes, I have become a compulsive shopper especially for vintage underwear!
      My best purchase? A size 6 Dior garter belt in blue velvet! The sheer beauty of it caused me to hit ‘buy’ and then frame the item!

xx Polly

Revel
      Baroness

Sometimes for me. I shop mostly in person to make sure I’m buying the right look and size. After shopping for ladies clothing for more than two years, I have plenty, but I cannot resist looking at ladies clothing on clearance for a deal. 😊

OMG, yes!!! Escpecially for bras and panties! 90 bras and 120 pairs of panties and I still go right to the lingerie section when I go into a store!! I’ve go tsome serious issues going on!!:)

Hippie
        Lady

I remember my early years of acceptance, and it was petal to metal lingerie shopping. I had to buy anything and everything. Well that might not be 100%, I did buy more than I would ever need.

Now I just shop to replace what wore out.

Anonymous

i answered sometimes. my job is a professional buyer. i buy stuff and sell it to make money. yes i have a problem with that, but when people are throwing money in your face its hard to say no. as far as clothes go. i havent bought any mens clothes in 20+ years. as far as womens clothes im a sucker for mini skirts. i don’t buy everything i see and i buy it cheap. (goodwill, savers or salvation army store or end of season sales). i have many mini skirts and always looking for some more sexy ones. coldvid has slowed me down alot. if i cant show it off in public then i dont need it. i dont do online shopping because i want it now and want to touch and feel it first. also i dont like getting junk emails iof stuff i dont want. i like walk through stores and looking at clothes, but if it dont scream buy me, it can sit on the shelf. i see why women are always shopping. its like a guy with a car or truck. mine is bigger or nicer than yours. a woman is like i can make my body hotter or sexier than yours.

Hippie
        Lady

I have a friend that does that professional buyer thing. They would buy skids full of stuff and resell them. They used some auction site for buying in bulk.

So I kinda understand the professional buyer thing.

My Amazon wish list has increased 8 fold with lovely girly things so yes definitely.

Keep telling myself to only buy a few things at a time, but as if that’s going to help! 🙂

Love Rachel

Rachel,

So true! I am amazed with what is available on Amazon! I too try to limit my spending, but it isn’t working. My latest Amazon finds are wigs.

Love, Denise

I have lipstick, nail polish and a lovely little leather skirt in my basket.

Sitting my wishlist are more skirts, wigs, shoes and other make up hehe

Love Rachel

Hippie
      Lady

I know about being naughty. The new Venus catalog came in the mail. Guess what I did. I just had to buy that dress and swim cover up pant set.

I was filling out the paper order form in the catalog, in hopes it would slow me down, and then I saw their number on the top. Calling was a lot faster, and they talked me into buying more, so I can get free shipping.

I’m a sucker for free shipping

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?