• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      J J
      Lady

The recent thread about asking how would you respond if your wife came out as wanting to live as a man got me thinking…

While that thread asked a pretty extreme question, I am more curious about the more subtle topic of changes in attitude. As some of us have either become more feminine, or at least adopt feminine traits, has your spouse/SO tended to become more masculine? It seems logical that she would. Is it a normal aging thing? Simply put, as I have become more feminine in certain aspects I notice my wife becoming more masculine. Not in a “I want to be a man” way. She is just.less”girly”. We are in our 60s these days, so much of it may just be an aging/hormone levels change.

I do notice as we age we like to dress more, judging by the many posts here about the topic, but do women as well? While we are nowhere near a roll reversal, I do notice a shift in our household dynamics. We are still very clearly in a man/woman relationship, but the gulf between the two is much narrower these days.

As Henry Higgens says in My Fair Lady, “Why can’t a woman me more like a man?” My wife is more like a man, and it is wonderful, and I get to be more like a woman, which is also wonderful.

Anonymous
      Lady

In my experience as married women age, and maybe single women too, they get less concerned about their looks to the point of becoming sloppy in dress and hygeine. They don’t have to try anymore. This does not apply to all women but many.

J J
        Lady

While I agree they focus less on their looks as they appear to others, I disagree about being sloppy or having poor hygiene. They dress less to impress, and more to be themselves. In other words, they become more like men or more. masculine, if you will.

No doubt many men and women become sloppy or less hygienic, but I would not say it is a trend.

Nika
      Lady

I am still in early days but I can say my drive to get more feminine attire has prompted my wife to do the same, she is starting to wear more jewellery, buying more feminine clothes and putting on more makeup.
      It is wonderful to see this side of her coming out again ☺️

Like Nika and as far as dressing goes, no, my SO is still a feminine fashion plate. In fact, I keep both of us in feminine frills. However, and here’s yet another tangent, I sometimes think I fulfill a bi-curious bit somewhere in her psyche.

My wife has always been jeans and a t-shirt light makeup and a ponytail. So not overly girly but fem enough for my taste. I tend to wear dresses and more feminine apparel. She at first thought I was trying to out do her or show her what I wanted. I explained that I had no problem with her look and was very attracted to her. My style was me over compensating for my lack of feminineness. Over the years she tried to understand and my style matured some. On a few occasions when I’ve dressed with her around she has dipped into my clothes and put on my boxers and t-shirts jokingly which we found out turned both of us on. She has also dipped into my girl clothes and had similar effects. Something about wearing each others clothes. Maybe we are just weird but we enjoy it.

Anonymous

hi sisters, well i am single yet, but my dream have been to find a masculine woman (not too much) to be my partner and wife, it is like my feminine feelings are atracted by women with energy, voice and fashion style very masculine, the more the woman is masculine the more my feminine person turned on and feel more feminine, i hope someday to find that woman, still tender  but with a touch of masculinity to be the man of the relationship, hugs felicity

My wife grew up as a tomboy playing sports and with 5 brothers having more a male influence (it’s funny I grew up with 3 sisters and had more of a female influence).  Her usual attire is jeans and t-shirts or similar tops and hardly wears make up or jewelry.  She does dress up for special occasions and looks stunning when she does.  We both share household chores such as laundry, cooking, yard work and other typical household things.   I think we live a rather balanced life and enjoy each other.

XOXO
      Suzanne

My SO has always been a bit masculine, maybe more so as the years go by. She is the kind of girl who punches male friends sometimes, jokingly (i hope). Her daily style is jeans and concert t shirts. She doesn’t wear a lot of feminine things.

Anonymous

Dear JJ,

As you mention both being in your 60’s, as are we, of course the changes are normal aging and hormonal. Little to do with what clothing is worn or who played with who.

Just as puberty affects a girl’s body more dramatically than boys, later life after menopause, women’s changes are more noticeable. Most changes are subtle, weight distribution, muscle tone, and body hair. Things that a spouse would notice over time, we all change somewhat.

Your question shouldn’t be is your wife more masculine, more of ‘is your wife less feminine’? We all have a bit of the ‘other’ hormone within us. As one level drops, the other becomes more noticeable.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?