- September 21, 2021 at 8:27 am #546165MelanieElizabethParticipantRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 180Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
I’ve been trying to find the opportunity to get our dressed for quite some time. Something always seems to get in the way, whether it’s work or family or simply fear keeping me from experiencing the outside world as Melanie. I was just wondering what percentage of cross dressers have been outside dressed? Feel free to share where you went and how it was. Thanks in advance.
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- September 22, 2021 at 12:23 pm #546739JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 74Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 350 times
I remember the first time I went out en femme and how nervous I was. However, with each time I went out I gained more and more self confidence with my dressing. That was many years ago and my self confidence still builds today each time I go out.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: ‘open sans’; font-size: 14px;” />Personally for me I believe that self confidence is key and the more confidence you have the more you will want to go out. Please make sure that when you go out it is to a safe environment and that you feel comfortable there.
- September 22, 2021 at 2:41 pm #546796MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 180Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
Ty Jojo. Target or the mall should be safe enough I figure. Stares aren’t hazardous to physical safety I hope so I’ll be ok . Lol. Being in public is just something I need to do and based on the results so far most of us have been there done that so we shall see how it goes. Thanks for your comments.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 22, 2021 at 7:30 am #546619Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 169Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 659 times
I’ve gone to the store and been out to the park. Been trying to get out more. Had a friend that was helping me with getting out more and more, but they kind of disappeared. Have a few more irons in the fire about going out, but just slowly building up to the moment.
- September 21, 2021 at 9:02 pm #546495Sarah LaneDuchessRegistered On: September 1, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 72Has thanked: 919 timesBeen thanked: 364 times
Yes, been out twice but only to a park in a small town not far from me, but it got my feet wet and to be honest the nerves were not that bad.
I do realise I need to slow down and not move at a man’s pace and this is something I will continue to work on.
School holidays are coming up and if I can offload the kids again I will go out again. This time I am thinking of going to a shopping mall as masks are now required at all indoor spaces so might make it easier.
- September 21, 2021 at 8:07 pm #546470ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 415Has thanked: 1181 timesBeen thanked: 1832 times
Over the years, I can remember three distinct times I went ‘out’ dressed. The first time, I was living in a large apartment complex, 2nd floor, around 10PM went down to the dumpster by the far side of the parking lot, the second time I was living in a two flat, upstairs, and came down the back stairs, got in my car and drove around, came back, and went back upstairs (the downstairs people were often quite nosy, btw).
The third time, I was living in my house out in the country a little (rest of family gone this and the previous two times) and drove about 20 miles to a post office where I had a generic box and had a number of fem items delivered, also around 10PM. Nobody in the lobby box area but after I picked up my package from a keyed package box, someone from the back room came out to see who (or what, who knows) I was. I left quickly.
If I had felt more confident about how I looked (which in no way I ever have), I might have not rushed so much each of those times. I think having a load of confidence can allow for some smaller but still obvious appearance issues. I just felt I had too many. But just my opinion.
I’ve also been outside of the houses I’ve lived in a number of times (too many to count), dressed, in and around the yard, pool, deck, etc., but I don’t consider that ‘out’ as suggested by the question.
- September 21, 2021 at 7:33 pm #546458Carla RobertsLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
I have been out many times, since going out my first time at a crossdressing event, almost 20 years ago. I was petrified that first time, but nothing happened. Over the years, I became a bit more comfortable with the help of a loving and accepting wife, but still only attended gay pride events and few costume events. While still employed full time, discretion was a necessity as my work environment was very conservative. I continued to stretch my boundaries by going out in places where I was not known, until I retired. Retired now, I go out at least two to three times a week, not specifically to for the purpose of going out, but to run an errand or do something that needs done, when I am dressed. As I became more comfortable venturing out while dressed, I began to wonder what was the point, since no one read me, or maybe even noticed. It was like I was invisible, or even if I wasn’t, no one cared, and it was a bit of a let down, as I felt I had accomplished something. I forgot to mention, that by this time in my life, I am eligible for senior citizen parking, and noticed that I looked like many of the other ladies my age, at the grocery store, and no one noticed them unless they got in the way. It is an interesting fact, that we come into this world, male and female looking pretty much the same, and it is appears to be similar on the other end of the age spectrum, so in some ways, I don’t stand out too much from the crowd and that is comforting,
That brings me to the more important reason for going out in public, and that is “Validation” of who who I am. The first time I was called “Ma’am” I had to look round to see who it was they referring to. Oh wow! It was me! How is that possible? Then, while entering a store, there is a young couple ahead of me, and the young woman prompts her husband or partner to hold the door for this lady. In some respects I had feelings of guilt about being deceptive, but then there is something so special about having arrived at a place where, not only am I able to pass, as t were, but to even be respected for my age and gender (even if only in my own mind).
I wish this was easy and I had some simple advice or answer to give hope to those wishing to be able to go out and enjoy themselves as whome they perceive themselves to be. I hope everyone gets to have an experience like mine.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Carla Roberts. Reason: Spelling and context
- September 21, 2021 at 6:00 pm #546418Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 28Replies: 687Has thanked: 1430 timesBeen thanked: 3212 times
For myself like many here went months with just dressing in the house. Graduated slowly to walking outside to the garage in the middle of the night, latter increasing it to a couple of houses down the street.
Once I got my wig i got brave enough to go out for a drive, trying to sneak to the car and then out for a wonderful drive. It only took me a couple of months reading everyone’s story here and was able to move to going out wanting to be seen at a distance.
The BIG jump for me was to get my hair colored, a little over a year ago. Now a couple weeks ago I had my hair colored again and the following day had a mani/peti. I fact the color of my nails is such that I think I am getting away with leaving them as is while in drab at work .
Keep progressing. Cassie
- September 21, 2021 at 5:41 pm #546409Amanda CookLadyRegistered On: November 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 47 times
Hi Melanie. Over the years I have been out Dozens off times for I have a stepson who’s gay and he would take me to the gay places with him (no I’m not gay)but thay did make Amanda welcome so I got used to going out as Amanda with my stepson. Then one day I thought I’ve got to be a big brave girl and go out alone. For get my fear and go for it and I did. And once I was a few miles away I thought what was I so scared about I just kept driving all over the place at traffic lights 🚦 I just sat waiting with the rest of the traffic Acting normal by brushing some off my long blonde Hair away from my face. I look at the car on my right side gave them a smile as the lights went green and drove off. What I’m trying to say is it’s the fear alone stops us not the Actual doing it. Put your best dress on makeup 💄 Ect put your favourite song 🎵 on the car radio (loud )and just drive tell your self I’m one pretty lady out for a drive your be fine after a mile or two. Amanda xx
- September 21, 2021 at 8:49 pm #546492LadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 180Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
So well said Amanda! If we all just tuned out fear and simply embraced what makes us happy our lives would be far better. Thanks for your response.
- September 21, 2021 at 4:31 pm #546389Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 88Replies: 4310Has thanked: 5795 timesBeen thanked: 10156 times
- September 21, 2021 at 3:23 pm #546360SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 113Has thanked: 870 timesBeen thanked: 608 times
- September 21, 2021 at 3:12 pm #546355Lynda JonesLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 68 times
Lynda Jones (@lyndajones)
20 hours ago
Hi Lena, My first time out was to a Drag Bar, what a rush!! Every dress , Bras, shaper’s, panties, and tights all out and I spent hours trying all on. I picked suntan stockings matching Brown lace bra, panties and garter belt I spent 2 hr doing my makeup, red long wig, next a silver knee length wrap dress, best of all silver 4in heel sandals from 9West. Off to the Bar by 9:00 (I started getting ready at 5:00) Setting in the car trying to get the nerve to go in——-finally put on my big girl panties and off I went. Picked a table neat the stage and with no table service so off to the bar for a beer. The bar tender (you look great) YES success. Only the start of and awesome night, a brides party set down at the next table and 2 at my table. One of the girls grabbed me by arm and off to the dance floor. We danced until the show started. What a night never to be for gotten !!!!
- September 21, 2021 at 2:38 pm #546338Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 1418Has thanked: 4419 timesBeen thanked: 6785 times
There are a lot of my accounts in the Personal Cross Dressing forum – so I won’t repeat them here!
Suffice to say I don’t call it “dressing in public”, I simply call it being Laura!
- September 22, 2021 at 4:56 am #546570
- September 21, 2021 at 2:29 pm #546333Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 63Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 289 times
I go out several times a week en-femme. Pretty much anytime going out where I’m not at work or with friends and family I’m not out to. My first time out, that wasn’t Halloween, was to go pick up a few things at a grocery store. In those normal cases I dress to blend in. Now I almost always wear a dress or skirt, but usually something casual. I’ve also done 2 vacations completely dressed.
Now, in general I’ve found that most people don’t give a shit about you, and even if they notice, just leave you alone. The only time, so far and knock on wood, that I’ve been clocked was by a mother and her several young children, likely 8 and below. They walked past me into Target as I was leaving, and one of the girls asked if I was a boy. The Mom was mortified, but I told her I prefer to be called Transgender in a nice voice and laughed a little. The girl of course said, “nooooo, you’re a boy” haha. From the mouths of babes. I of course had a knot in my stomach, but I can’t expect to completely pass and its just part of the transition for me 🤷♀️💁♀️😂
- September 21, 2021 at 4:38 pm #546392
- September 21, 2021 at 2:12 pm #546325Michelle SLadyRegistered On: September 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 23Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 158 times
I have gone out 3 times. 2 of them in the last 2 years. All the experiences have been good. The last time I went out I went to a bar and had drinks, went to CVS and 7-11. It was really a great experience.
- September 21, 2021 at 2:01 pm #546313Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 447Replies: 255Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 1252 times
I have been Lucky to be able to go out to pretty much every type of place I have wanted to go. Considering that my first time out presenting as a woman was back in 1998… it is a lot of places over the years.
CD/TG events, support group meetings, shopping, flew enfemme 3 times (Minneapolis/Boston/NYC; driving to Indianapolis/Atlanta/Nashville/Dallas, movies, theater, Symphony, Zoo, museums, nail salon, hair salon… etc etc.
And if I was able to do it, pretty much anybody can do it!
- September 21, 2021 at 1:26 pm #546292PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 276Has thanked: 1101 timesBeen thanked: 1067 times
Hi Melanie. Yes I have. Clubs , restaurants, a casino. Shopping, a tanning/waxing salon. Actually a few of those. Hotel swimming pool, and the Beach. With most those happening last year. Checked off several of my bucket list items. Though I also added a few to the list. And very few negative interactions. Usually an odd look. Your chance will come. No need to rush it! Hugs Pru
- September 21, 2021 at 12:49 pm #546281KathleenDuchessRegistered On: February 20, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 264Has thanked: 882 timesBeen thanked: 999 times
- September 21, 2021 at 12:37 pm #546278Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 744Has thanked: 47278 timesBeen thanked: 1702 times
Despite having the same obstacles; I’ve managed to get out in public dressed as a woman a few times. My outings have been to places where our community is accepted and welcomed.
The first was 7/27/19; I attended my CD/TG support group’s picnic at a secluded public park. The second was 6/11/20; I did my second trip to the crossdresser superstore Janet’s Closet. My most recent outing was 6/24/21 to an LGBTQAI?+ bar. Since then I’ve gone back three more times: 7/15, 7/22, and 8/19.
I’ve enjoyed each outing and each one has given my more confidence. If it wasn’t for the pre-mentioned obstacles, I’m sure I’d have more experiences than I do.
- September 21, 2021 at 12:33 pm #546274Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 665Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 2387 times
I’ve been out a few times but late at night when i went out for a drive in my car ,i just went for a drive a couple of times and came home then one night i drove to a small town near where i live parked up got out and did some window shopping ,I just walked up and down looking into the shop windows and there was no one around,
But about a month ago i actually went out one Saturday afternoon for a walk around my housing estate ,it was so nice just to get out en femme,
Hugs Roz X
- September 21, 2021 at 12:19 pm #546259Jamie WilliamsLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 86Has thanked: 222 timesBeen thanked: 653 times
I’ve been out a few times in a skirt and blouse, legs nicely shaved, but no wig or makeup. I’m really not trying to pass as a woman, just enjoying femininity in my own way.
- September 21, 2021 at 11:45 am #546248Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 631Has thanked: 417 timesBeen thanked: 2655 times
More times than I could count. I’d love to stay and tell you about some of them, but I’m about to get ready for a walk through my neighborhood (yes, en femme).
- September 21, 2021 at 11:52 am #546253
- September 21, 2021 at 11:51 am #546252DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 143Replies: 3099Has thanked: 19045 timesBeen thanked: 10836 times
- September 21, 2021 at 7:11 pm #546450Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 631Has thanked: 417 timesBeen thanked: 2655 times
A few years ago my company started offering incentives for taking a certain number of steps each day that could be traded in for gift cards. I realized that on days I wasn’t in the office I wasn’t getting enough steps in, so I started to walk to get in steps. It didn’t take me long before I decided I could have fun doing it by walking en femme. So I have been walking almost every day I wasn’t in the office (except for a few days I couldn’t with the weather). I’d say I done this around 500 times.
But some other places I have been out, in no particular order: restaurants, parties, support groups, shopping in women’s clothing stores, grocery shopping or other errands (including having to return an item on two occasions) , museums, on Broadway in New York City, on public transportation, at the Renaissance Faire, in a hotel (once in a show, once for a party wearing a quinceanera gown), checking into/out of a hotel, CD/TG conference, plays in the park, long drives, a drag show, the beach. I’m sure I’m missing a few places, but this gives you an idea.
- September 21, 2021 at 11:01 am #546228DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 143Replies: 3099Has thanked: 19045 timesBeen thanked: 10836 times
been there done that many times. last week and this week been dressed but not out in public yet due to recent facial had done last Monday. But this Thrusday will have to get out in public for Dr followup
- September 21, 2021 at 10:54 am #546223T.J. ByronRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 463Has thanked: 5857 timesBeen thanked: 2101 times
Been out, dressed, in public since the 1960’s, in my 20’s. Now in my mid 70’s , I go out about 2-4 times per month with girlfriends, for lunch and shopping. I have been dressed, then got into my evening, night time outfit…got up next morning got dressed for the day.
I have been dressed 3 days, in a row, for my Instructional CD school, that I do with my wife.
Love to get others to get dressed and get out of the 4 walls and break down the front door!!
Love to all …Dr.T.J.
- September 21, 2021 at 12:33 pm #546275LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 622Has thanked: 2172 timesBeen thanked: 1637 times
You are, and always be an inspiration for all of us.. especially me!! since some restrictions have been lifted, Especially, no mask lol… I will be going for my stroll very soon.. thanks for friendship and encouragement… hugs, Leonara…
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Leonara.
- September 21, 2021 at 6:37 pm #546438T.J. ByronRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 463Has thanked: 5857 timesBeen thanked: 2101 times
You are, as usual, too kind.
I love getting all dolled up and going out and about.
Everyone on CDH should have or plan to be getting Vaccinated so that we can go into the Fall season in go health, protected from One More of the many viruses looking to take us down and out.
Love to you Leonara and all of us on CDH! !
- September 21, 2021 at 9:54 am #546198Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 659Has thanked: 605 timesBeen thanked: 2855 times
Most of the time when I am Wendy, it is behind the wheel of our vehicle. I did do it twice, years ago, on foot. This was way before I did any makeup. I didn’t have the extensive wardrobe I do now, nor did I have the more realistic wigs/hips/butt padding.
One time a weird stalker parked behind our fence in the alley, and the the other time a car pulled up to drop someone off so I had to walk past them.
The most recent was a few weeks ago, had to go pick up my wife from her work. I was all dolled up, and I was contemplating whether or not to change back into drab mode before going. I decided YOLO. Mind you, most of the time in the past when I’ve driven as Wendy it was in the cover of darkness. This time, it was bright and sunny, and during rush hour traffic. So there would be lots of cars and people. There is one intersection that I stopped at due to a red light, cars all around, and I just kept focussed on driving safe.
The drive there and back went without any hitches.
- September 21, 2021 at 9:41 am #546191MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 654Has thanked: 2762 timesBeen thanked: 2749 times
It’s a no for me. I’ve had a few little drive arounds, with a nice top on and a bit of make up, and some neighbours have had the opportunity to see me gardening or taking out the recycling in a long skirt.
Good luck to those who’ve done that too, and felt ‘yippee’ about it, but somehow for me specifically, that doesn’t feel enough to count as being in public. Being out in public is engaging in public activity as a woman which I haven’t done. So I’m not there (hopefully I can add the word ‘yet’ to this sentence)
- September 21, 2021 at 9:10 am #546185Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 516Has thanked: 944 timesBeen thanked: 1885 times
- September 21, 2021 at 8:54 am #546180Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 779Has thanked: 3495 timesBeen thanked: 3216 times
I was lucky in that a gay friend and I went to a drag show en femme with over the top makeup but was an exciting time and felt completely at ease and enjoyed the attention. Aside from that memory I am out at least once a week now and at times more often for everyday shopping and errands. Over time I would think more than half of us girls are out but then again one can never know those that are fully closeted since I am meeting cds at events and they are out like me
- September 21, 2021 at 8:51 am #546177Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 313Has thanked: 462 timesBeen thanked: 1001 times
I used to experiment with getting dressed and driving around my city in the evenings at first.
First time that I went out and interacted in public while dressed was a year ago.
My wife and I met another couple at a wine bar for the evening.
Since then, I go out when the mood strikes me, usually not here in the city where I live.
I go to San Jose and meet a GF for lunch most Wednesdays, I dress about 50% of the time.
I’ve also gone to the Desert Cross Roads event back in April where we were all out for 4 straight days en femme the entire time.
Get out there and have some fun, it’s like ripping off a band-aid. Once you do it, you’ll feel better.
- September 21, 2021 at 8:47 am #546176Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 125Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 698 times
My first time was somewhat unplanned. I had scheduled a makeup lesson with a local makeup artist first thing in the morning. I wore an open back tank top, high waisted leggings, flip flops, a lace bralette, and matching panties. I did not wear a wig, nor did I wear my forms. I had only conversed with this woman once and I was her first CD client so I didn’t want to overwhelm her with appearance. My intentions were to go to a park afterwards and sit and enjoy the day dressed and madeup, but the weather didn’t cooperate and it was a rainy day. When I got to my vehicle I put on my wig and brushed it out. So I drove around afterwards enjoying myself, but eventually got bored. I spotted a Goodwill store and being fairly far from home I thought I could do it. I pulled in and sat in the parking lot for a long time. I put on my wedge sandals and steeled my nerves and went in. I know I was noticed as the place was busy, but I didn’t care. I poked around for a while and found a few things but the checkout line was long and I didn’t feel comfortable standing in it and possibly being engaged in conversation so I left. I had lunch in my car, goofed off on my phone until I realized I had to pee. I wasn’t in an area where I could go outside but the need was rising. I located a Target and knew they had family restrooms at the front of the store. Needing to go I matched in reached for the handle to the family restroom and it was in use! Okay in the ladies room I went….it wasn’t anything to be scared about as it turned out. I did my business, washed my hands and left the store and back to the safety of my vehicle.
I can’t wait to go out again!
- September 21, 2021 at 8:44 am #546174CatherineDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 833 timesBeen thanked: 120 times
Yes I have been two times this weekend ,1st time for walk around for maybe half /hour all dressed up ,2nd time went to the mall all dressed in everthing,everything, got my nail done bright pink ,next to dept store ,bought new bra and pantys ,then new bag ,and almost got my ears priced to expensive ,going out again, additive, Catherine
- September 21, 2021 at 8:42 am #546172Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 59Replies: 226Has thanked: 4791 timesBeen thanked: 1678 times
I’ve been to art shows (the best time), shopping (the sales girls are fun), Ulta for a make over, lunches and dinners, drag shows and just in public. The thing I enjoy most is getting to talk with others. Go to a vintage clothing store. I’ve gone in to thrift stores and come out wearing the outfit I just purchased. If you’re having fun, so will others around you. If you’re shy and fearful others will pick up on that. Life is too short. Just have fun being who you want to be. I’ve never had a negative experience and met a lot of fun people. It’s always fun to go out with other cds.
- September 21, 2021 at 8:40 am #546171Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 116Has thanked: 708 timesBeen thanked: 595 times
Hiya! As a matter of fact I was out last nite to the market for weekly groceries and again this morning to the bakery and hardware store. I was en femme both times! The gals at the hardware store complimented me on my leopard print high heels….giggles….so fun! Hugs, Debbie Lynn
- September 21, 2021 at 8:36 am #546169Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 523Has thanked: 2221 timesBeen thanked: 1643 times
My first outing was just putting the trash out at the end of the drive. Felt good and exciting.
Since then I have been out for a drive as full Charlotte what a BUZZ was wonderful can’t wait for the next time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.