Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cindi C
      Lady

Sometimes the weather can be a challenge.  Have you ever driven on snowy roads to get to and from your destination?  Were  you worried about getting your car stuck?

If you got stuck – what happened?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Cindi C.

I have driven several times on slick roads while dressed and really had no problem. It was just long enough to see what it was like and I did enjoy it. Now make an effort to go driving every time I can

Cindi C
        Lady

I’m glad you did ok

Luckily we don’t get snow on the roads here in Australia

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

I “second your motion” Paula.

We do get snow up in our mountain resorts in winter, but I hate being cold….(One too many work trips to Eastern Canada in February)

So as Paula says, if it ever snows on the southern Australian coast, then climate change really has us “cooked”.

Caty.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Yes Cindi I have, would run errands to the post office, bank and other drive up drop off locations, worst thing is when the window is frozen shut and I have to get out on the ice.
      Sherri

I was going to a party thrown by my friend. A GG living near me didn’t want to drive so I drove her to the party. The snow came in earlier than expected, and I had to drive on the highway to get her, and then myself home.

When trying to enter the highway, I slid on the hill over the highway and ended up “missing my turn” to get on. But I was able to turn on from the entrance ramp meant for the other direction. Other than that, I just drove slow and gave a lot of room. I have had to drive in the snow before and know to take everything, and especially turns, in slow motion.

Funny thing was, if we waited another few minutes, the quick snow would have passed.

Cindi C
        Lady

Sounds like quite an adventure

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Cindi,

I voted ‘yes and I did fine’. I live in the interior of B.C. about a 4 hour drive to Vancouver. The quickest way is on the Coquihalla Highway, better known as ‘The highway through hell”. There’s actually a TV show called exactly that and I believe it’s available in the States as well as other countries. When I worked for someone else I made 2 trips each month to Vancouver over this highway. I have also driven over it just recently, twice, to see my girl friends in Vancouver. So, driving in the snow is not new to me and relatively safe if you know what you’re doing. If you don’t it can be a white knuckle ride the whole way sometimes. Thanks for posting.

Trish

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Some winters it snows in Atlanta, and sometimes we go the entire winter with no snow, maybe just one ice storm.  Atlanta has no snow removal equipment, and the drivers have no experience driving in winter weather conditions, so if it is going to snow, it is a good idea to stay off the roads.

Easy answer as I live in Buffalo 🤣

Cindi C
        Lady

Sounds like you may have had an adventure in the snow or two

Yup,  I’m always dressed and it’s Wisconsin so it’s just part of life here.  If it’s a regular day, then I’m in snowmobile or leather boots, a parka or hoodie and jeans.  If  I’m dressed up and going out to a glam event then I wear my boots while driving and bring the heels along in a bag.  Then when I get to the event, I just switch them out before going in.  I’ve had plenty of  practice getting stuck and unstuck so I don’t really worry about it but do try to be real careful so I’m not delayed.  When I’m out I always have a phone and each car has a shovel, tow cable, jumpers, flashlight, knife, and a heavy blanket along with super snow tires. Thanks Cindi for this interesting question.  I would have responded earlier but I was out plowing drifts in our 97 Blazer 4×4.  Just another day in the rural Midwest.     Marg

A little addition here. Special applause goes out to anyone else that put chains on in the winter or changed a tire. It may be necessary, but it’s a super pain. Also if you have to drive in snow with a long slinky gown just hike it all up to make it into a mini by adding a stretch belt. Then when you get to the venue the back bottom of your dress will not have been slimed with slush-ness. Take the belt off and toss it in your bag just before you enter. This is especially useful if you are driving a stick shift. Marg

Living on the Canadian Prairies means close to 6 months os snowy weather so it is a no brainer. We deal with in drab or en femme.

Recently was going on a trip and was planning on driving down all in stephanie mode.  Unfortunately a winter storm hit with icy roads chain laws in effect and lots of closed roads.  Lots of potential for some mishap to occur so stephanie only got to show herself when she got to her final destination,

Anonymous

Oh yes! I used to live up in northern New England, so we had real winters with real snow up there (which is why I moved back to the South!). When you drive in the winter you just have to take more time, be aware of your surroundings and road conditions, and make sure your car is properly equipped for wherever you’re going. Besides that, make sure you’re wearing a really cute warm coat, pretty (but functional) snow boots, tights, a cute cap and scarf and earmuffs, nice ladies gloves, and it’s actually a lot of fun to go out driving in winter! Women’s winter styles are just so much more fun to wear than men’s, so it’s always great to go out!

Hugs,

Holly

Cindi C
        Lady

You sound like you are a lot of fun!

Anonymous

Thanks, Cindi! I hope I am! 😉

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous
      Lady

Where we live now we don’t get much snow but maybe once or twice a winter and its usually gone in a couple of days. I’ve driven in the snow many times here and in Colorado, Kansas, and New York. Ice is the real danger.

Once we lived in the country and had a long unpaved driveway. It snowed a good amount over night and the wife and I had to be somewhere the next day. I loaded cement blocks in the back of my truck for traction but we only got halfway down our driveway and had to walk back to the house. Snow is pretty the first day but after that it sucks!

JOJO
      Lady

I have driven several times in the snow while “dressed” and I did it in my high heel boots. It comes from years of practice. I usually wear a sweater dresses during the winter season, and they go well with my boots.

Cindi C
        Lady

Sounds like a great outfit for an adventure in the snow

Yes, I drove on country roads in my huge Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham about 30 years ago.
      I had a long black evening dress and heels with a black fur coat.
      If I had been stopped, gotten stuck, needed help… I would have had a problem LOL.
      The snow was serious enough but the road was “centre bare” but there was black ice. Snow was accumulating as I drove.
      I drove into the city to a friends place so we could work on a project together and I spent the night there.
      Interesting part is her house was in a very populated area lots of houses and lots of people.
      I Pulled into her driveway and her garage door was open, I just walked into the garage and entered the house that way, so no one would see a thing. What was so funny is I nearly wiped out in my heels I slipped and really twisted my back..
      So, imagine that, all that driving during a snowfall, (about 30 minutes) all the potential for problems, and I almost needed help 10 feet from the front door of where I was going!
      LOL

PS:
      I dont know how I have so many accepting women in my life, but that woman is still a great friend to this day. My wife suggested I go see her tonight to help with some household repairs.
      I will do so in a bit even though I am dressed in female clothing from undergarments to jeans and blouse… guess what? Its snowing LOL

Cindi C
        Lady

I remember driving my Oldsmobile in the snow.  It was horrible in the snow or mud.  Just the least little spot and the tires would spin.

ChloeC
      Duchess

No, I’ve never been able to get up the courage to do that.  I’ve only driven around dressed, maybe 2 or 3 times and I was absolutely scared to death something would happen, a flat tire, an accident. Those times were maybe late Spring to early Autumn, so little chance of bad roads.  Dressed in drab, I did get into a multi-car accident on a very icy intersection in winter. Not my fault, thankfully, but my car became immobilized.  Situations like that convinced me be careful when tempting fate.

Hugs, ChloëC

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

the worst I had was this last New Years eve, I was on my way to meet a friend at a bar parts of I-35 was shear ice, the trafic was going only 25 to 30 mph. After seeing 3 slow speed accidents and nearly in one of them myself I turned around and decided it would be best to go home and be safe and warm.
      . Cassie

Hi Cindi as living in NE Montana ice and snow is a reallity as winter comes  we are supposed to have some 40+ below zero temps this next week but cant drive in Stephanie mode as everyone around here knows me and my truck not the pretty girl that might be driving he he ..

Stephanie

Cathryn
      Lady

Since we live in Minnesota and I dress everyday, I have driven in the snow many times. I learned long ago how to drive on snowy and icy roads.

Cindi C
        Lady

Any snowy road adventures to share?

Cindi, If a Minnesota girl doesn’t drive in the snow, she won’t get out for a very major portion of the year. 😊 I have driven many times in the snow in heels and or in boots with heels. Never had trouble. Of course, a girl needs to choose wisely when going out, keeping an eye on the weather!

I agree with all the Northern girls here. Actually snow is not much of a issue if you have driven in it all your life. It is thr glare or black ice that can get you in trouble. I have pulled two vehicles both with gg girls driving out of the ditch while fully dressed. I thied to act a little inexperienced while doing it. One time I had to dig a hole in the snow and lay on my back to hook them up because they had no idea where to hook without causing damage. I do not think they made me but they were so gratefull I do not think they would have cared. I actually drove past them and came back because I was dressed. My guy side wound not had hesitated to help but Michelle thought it would be obvious I knew more than most girls. And I drive a lifted full size with fairly large tires. I guess it is the same thing I would chose to drive if I was a GG.

Cindi C
        Lady

It is good that you helped them

I would feel pretty bad if someone that could help my wife just drove by. And thats what we should all do for each other.

Mona
      Duchess

I’ve never driven in snow while dressed…but I have been told that I’m as pure as the driven slush.

Cindi C
      Lady

The view the night I got stuck 🙂

When I Got My Car Stuck in the Snow

nothing like wearing extra clothing and feeling famine at the same time. just don’t get pulled over or get stuck for you might me tang as a male dressed in female clothing or you might get a nice gentleman to help a stranded lady in destress

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I had to answer no, but I have been out for walks in the snow. It is nice to have the snow lightly falling down as I walk down the road with my dog. There is something that is just liberating about just being out.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

Yes actually I plowed my driveway in a purple mini skirt once. I wish I still had that skirt!

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?