Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have not yet, but would like to someday!

There aren’t any in my area, otherwise I would love to try it.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I hear stories from girls here in Atlanta who have used local dressing services, and the feedback is very positive.  I do not have first hand experience to share.

However, I have used the services of a local wig consultant.  She came highly recommended, but for whatever reason, I was not overly impressed with her services.  She was “ok” but did not exceed my expectations.

I have also used the services of a local fashion advisor or “personal shopper,”  and found them to be quite helpful.

I’m banned. Seems it’s kind of like the gaming industry, they talk to each other, share a database, or something. Anyway, if you do use one, whatever you do don’t pick up a F2m “packer”, hold it to your face and sing, “My Way” into it…

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I had my first makeover and photo shoot at a service near where I live.  Wore my own clothes though.  Life changing experience.  Got me out of the closet.  Definitely worth every dollar I spent.

/EA

Anonymous

Hi,

Yes, I have. If you’re a bit on the new / private side, I’d suggest it’s a good way to dip a toe in the water. The easiest ones to find tend to be more professional and in larger population centres, but it doesn’t hurt to read your Google search results past the first few pages. There may be small cottage industry type services whose websites don’t have Google ‘clout’

eM xxx

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Many times, starting back in the early 80’s in Sydney NSW, at a Touch of Glamour” run by a lovely lady named Kaye Stevens. Looking back at the photos, tho I was all “glammed up”, from the neck down things like the hairy legs and chest rather “destroyed the image”.

My job involved a lot of international travel, so I guess cos I’m “down here in Oz”,in the 90’s  I “moved up into the world” to several places in the UK. To name a few, Transformation in Manchester, Girls Like Us in London, (twice) and the inestimable Sophie’s in Bath or Plymouth. (Juliet moved in between my trips).

A one off at “Walk on the Wildside” in Toronto Ontario, where you have your make up done tilted back in a barbers chair!!!

Locally, in latter years I ended up with  the lovely Ophelia from Cross Dress with Class on a number of occasions, (including my first ever Caty shopping trip and “visit to the ladies”)

Not so much as formal dressing services, but I’ve also had 3 lovely CD friendly “MUA’s, (aka make up artists), make me look pretty in full Caty mode. One in particular has become a good “femme friend”

Reference to my articles and photos on this great site, will give anyone who wants to look a good idea of how this all went down.

Happy dressing

Caty.

Alli Katz
      Lady

I live in the UK and have tried several over the years; London, Bristol, Norwich. Each experience was positive, although the best almost didn’t happen.

After a couple of hours driving I turned up on a lady’s doorstep – to her surprise. During our phone conversation we had a mix up on dates and my arrival on that day was a complete surprise to her.

She invited me in, sat me down for a chat, and showed me her choice of clothes. She then went to work on my make-up and wig styling – without me being able to see in the mirror.

Well. When she had finished and held the mirror up for me I was nearly speechless! She had done a wonderful job, and staring back at me was someone totally gorgeous! I was so thrilled.

Having vaguely recovered from that overwhelming euphoria, she then invited me for tea in her front room. We chatted casually about all sorts of thing for an hour or two before I sadly had to change back into drab and leave.

The lady concerned was so wonderful to have taken me in after such a surprise.

While I’m here, a big shout out for Miss Lola in London too. A lovely person who also does a terrific job.

A treat for me this year will be to go to a dressing service and then out to lunch with them. It seems like a nice safe way to get to know places I can go out dressed.

I did my first one about a year ago and it was life changing for me.  I had never dressed fully with wig and makeup before that day and now I am hooked and have started learning how to apply makeup and have purchased a couple of wigs.

Sarah Car
      Lady

Hope to do one in the next few months , have seen a couple advertised but don’t know which to pick , one in Hull , the other in Huddersfield both about the same distance from me , any advice tips would be most welcome.

Just to let you know the one in Hull is no longer offering the service. I would be interested to know details of the Huddersfield service though.

Eve xx

Sarah Car
          Lady

Thanks , the Huddersfield one must also have stoped as I have not seen any recent posts from them , it was I think it was Cross dressing House in Huddersfield .

Many years ago when I was being misgendered I went to a service in Milwaukee and asked them what people saw in me.  The first words out of the artists mouths (there were 2 of them) were that with my cheekbones I had a feminine face and my body was very definitely womanly.  They also said that they would show me the complete  picture of what other people were seeing and how I was clueless.  I brought my own clothes and after 2 hours of teaching and explaining I saw what others saw in my intersex body.  That event was a turning point for me and after that I no longer hid and began to accept myself.  The rest is history.  Marg

Yes just one time and it was an awesome experience and very eye opening to see what I could like with a professional.  I did bring one of my dresses and heels since I wanted a specific look for the pictures.

I have had several makeovers since then.

You should go for one it’s a great way to start out and to see the possibilities.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Victoria, being a Canuck in western Canada there are none of these services available. I believe the closest ones are in Toronto which is about 3800 miles away. So sadly using  a cross dresser service is not very likely for me but remains on my bucket list anyway.

Trish 💖

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Not so far, but I have a 5 hour full transformation session booked for June. Can’t tell you how excited I am, although I’ll also be nervous, a bit embarrassed and a little confused! This is a really big step for me.

I’ve used a well known dressing service here in Michigan once, and I’ve been to a professional MUA a couple times as well. Loved the results every time, and the results improved with each visit. The nice thing about the dressing service was also having access to everything you might need for your night out. Clothes, shoes, wigs, jewelry, nails, breast plates, tucking accessories, literally everything. The nice thing about working with a professional MUA is they’ll usually have a portfolio to review some of their work, even if they don’t have examples of other dressers, you still get a feel for their ability with makeup. Also the privacy aspect, whether you go to them or they come to you, its a private 1 on 1 session.

The nice thing about finding a MUA in the community is they’ll likely have some insight and tips for where to go, when to go, maybe who you might run into when planning your night out.

That all said, my relationship with MUAs and these services is love hate lol. I won’t go out in public without the help of a MUA because they do such a great job, but because I know my makeup skills pale in comparison to a MUA I don’t go out more often. It takes time, planning and of course money to coordinate makeup services with your opportunity to dress and get out.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?